What is your "I'm calling it now" prediction?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

What is your "I'm calling it now" prediction?

Post by ParaDime77 »

Something you fully believe is going to happen in this ever-changing,crazy world?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: What is your "I'm calling it now" prediction?

Post by Sleek »

The entertainment industry is going to get fucked by AI.

Musicians are going to almost instantly lose a shitload of revenue streams like session work or composing for film.

Visual artists can pretty much just fuck off and go buy tents in prep for their impending homelessness.

...and the film industry is going to be gutted. All of the techs who work in lighting, props, camera departments, set dressers, etc etc are dead people walking.

We're also going to see enormous amounts of jobs lost to autonomous vehicles. Millions of truckers are going to go bye-bye one second after the first autonomous vehicle that can drive coast-to-coast comes into being.

But the secondary prediction is that our government will completely fail at dealing with any of this. Half those old fucks don't even understand computers, and this shit is going to be SO many steps past what they can even comprehend.

Should be fun times coming up in the next few years!

On the bright side, I am sure there will be a lot of scientific and/or medical breakthroughs coming from ai as well.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Edited to say FUCK AI right in it's fucking face...
Last edited by GreatWhiteSnake on Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Bret Michaels star Hollywood Walk Of Fame not Poison
Hipsters will discover hamsters and make them cool again
PetSmart hamsters now 150$
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

ParaDime77 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:45 pm Something you fully believe is going to happen in this ever-changing,crazy world?
A worldwide population decline. Not a bold prediction actually, the crash is in fact already here in most parts of the world. It is just not very visible yet due to immigration and people living longer, but India, China and most of Europe are already below replacement rate. Central & East European countries are not very attractive for immigrants, and they have had declining populations for decades now.

The over 60 populations are still increasing, but it also means that those big cohorts will die off within 20-30 years and the next batch of 60+ year olds is much smaller. Many countries in Africa still report high fertility rates, but they will most likely go the same way as India, China or at least Pakistan as they develop and it becomes more time consuming and expensive to have children.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

"We're also going to see enormous amounts of jobs lost to autonomous vehicles. Millions of truckers are going to go bye-bye one second after the first autonomous vehicle that can drive coast-to-coast comes into being."

So, triple my stock in https://aurora.tech/?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

cowpins wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 am "We're also going to see enormous amounts of jobs lost to autonomous vehicles. Millions of truckers are going to go bye-bye one second after the first autonomous vehicle that can drive coast-to-coast comes into being."

So, triple my stock in https://aurora.tech/?
Your grandchildren might live to appreciate it.
ImageImage
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

The "narrative" will be that Robert Kennedy divided the Republican vote..........
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Trump gets 40-70 more "warnings", and will eventually be fined up to $4000 dollars for outbursts and threats in courts, but will not serve a day in jail for contempt.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 am The "narrative" will be that Robert Kennedy divided the Republican vote..........
Any time something happens that a Republican doesn't like, it's blamed on The Narrative.

I predict it will continue to be hilarious to me to watch people whose identities revolve around being skeptical of the mainstream media still insist on parroting everything their major news network of choice tells them.

Also, Jeff Scott Soto will be the next singer of Skid Row. Or one of the next singers.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Also also, the whole point of RFK Jr, and why he's getting squillions of GOP dollars, is to be a spoiler for Biden--to divide the Democratic vote.

If he ends up doing that to Trump, that is what the kids call fucking around and finding out. I will laugh and The Narrative will laugh with me.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

cowpins wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 am So, triple my stock in https://aurora.tech/?
If you can't beat it, invest in it.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
GreatWhiteSnake

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm Also also, the whole point of RFK Jr, and why he's getting squillions of GOP dollars, is to be a spoiler for Biden--to divide the Democratic vote.

If he ends up doing that to Trump, that is what the kids call fucking around and finding out. I will laugh and The Narrative will laugh with me.
I keep seeing this in various articles and it confuses me because I just can't see a Biden supporter voting RFK but I definitely can see Trump voters doing so. Can someone explain to me the appeal of RFK to a Biden voter??
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

Trump will do some jail time and there will be violence about it.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Sleek wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm The entertainment industry is going to get fucked by AI.
It's going to ruin everything. Somewhere out there one of my exes is creating an AI version of me and it's going to have all the good parts of my personality. The fun, humor, professionalism, romantic, kind natured, smart and sensitive version of me. A standard that I will never be able to live up to.

No one will want to deal with the real me...the cranky, moody motherfucker that gets drunk and tells off color jokes and insults everyone including himself. That guy will die a slow painful death while A.I. DeMarco lives the life I always dreamed of.

That's my "I'm calling it now" fear at least. It may not happen.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

No matter who gets elected prez, they don't live to see the end of their term.*

Seriously America, there's nobody better qualified to lead yer country than either one of those fucking fossils?

*From natural causes of course!
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am
Sleek wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm The entertainment industry is going to get fucked by AI.

No one will want to deal with the real me...the cranky, moody motherfucker that gets drunk and tells off color jokes and insults everyone including himself. That guy will die a slow painful death while A.I. DeMarco lives the life I always dreamed of.
That you, Jizzy? :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm Also also, the whole point of RFK Jr, and why he's getting squillions of GOP dollars, is to be a spoiler for Biden--to divide the Democratic vote.

I keep seeing this in various articles and it confuses me because I just can't see a Biden supporter voting RFK but I definitely can see Trump voters doing so. Can someone explain to me the appeal of RFK to a Biden voter??
He was a Democrat before he decided to run as an independent. I think the idea was that the name alone would steal votes away from Sleepy Joe but it looks like the anti-vaxx wingnut Nazi shit is attracting Trumpers. Oops.
woblinweebles

Post by woblinweebles »

This should probably go on the gossip board, but I'm pretty confident that most, if not all, of this will not happen:

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION NEWS UPDATE
VINNIE VINCENT INVASION JUDGMENT DAY GUITARMAGEDDON PT I
I will be including Faysal’s performances on at least one new track; a VINNIE / FAYSAL high velocity co-pen. We are currently in the recording stages of that track which delayed the finished product at least until the end of this year. I expect to finalize all mixes by December. JUDGMENT DAY is scheduled as a double GATEFOLD album.
JUDGMENT DAY GUITARMAGEDDON PT I is the record I wanted to make. It had to be perfect and It had to be on my terms. Robert Fleischman is at his zenith delivering mindblowing monster vocal performances beyond the imagination. This is Rob's Legacy. “You blew my mind my friend. "We captured lightning in a bottle.” For all VINNIE VINCENT INVASION fans, These VINNIE and ROBERT recordings are pure nitroglycerine."
If you loved VINNIE VINCENT INVASION(1), JUDGMENT DAY GUITARMAGEDDON is for you. This is the over the top version of VVI(1).
I have no release dates yet. you will know when I know. Expect a follow-up announcement in mid-December or early January. I hate the delay but it is the way it is. There are factors beyond my control such as Studio availability and recording new songs to include on the album which push it back, but it is coming soon.
I INTRODUCE YOU TO FAYSAL SMILE...my chosen Voice for VINNIE VINCENT INVASION.
I'm extremely excited to bring Faysal into this coveted position. I have been working with Faysal in the studio over the last year and he has delivered incredible drop-dead performances. These are not words I thought I'd ever say...but he killed it. Faysal delivers the same spine-tingling Rob sound I had been searching long for. Faysal was an uncut diamond but I knew with my direction I could facet his vocal into a rare gem and we did it. I stretched his capabilities beyond what I thought possible. In my humble opinion, Faysal is the heir apparent to Rob. Currently, in the recording stage with Faysals monster vocals are the VV shredd-out re-records of both VINNIE VINCENT INVASION albums VVI(1) and ALL SYSTEMS GO. These recordings will be VVI 2.0. New song arrangements updated to 2024 and beyond bringing the originals to a fresh era of electrifying excitement. So get ready for a wicked ride on the VVI ROLLERCOASTER. Buckle up.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE VINNIE VINCENT INVASION UPDATES..
YOUTUBE VIDEOS, RESCHEDULED SHOW DATE, BAND MEMBERS, VINNIE VINCENT INVASION MUSIC VIDEOS, RECORD NEWS AND MORE.
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

A new AI ticketing service will arrive that takes data from past shows you’ve attended such as seat location, prices, your enjoyment level and other metrics and will determine and auto purchase tickets for future shows to provide you with the best possible experience. There will be an app where you can select shows you want to see, budget, and a rating system for shows after you’ve attended to build an algorithm for what shows or acts you might like in the future. It will allow bands to use AI to set tour routs based on how popular and in demand the act is. Why play for 4k in Hohum Illinois when the AI says you could play to 10k 3 hours up the road in Wacktown, Wisconsin? In addition you will build a fan reputation score and not have to fight bots or casuals for seats. The AI will see you are a legit fan and secure your tickets automatically and without any effort or hassle on your part.
GreatWhiteSnake

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 am

He was a Democrat before he decided to run as an independent. I think the idea was that the name alone would steal votes away from Sleepy Joe but it looks like the anti-vaxx wingnut Nazi shit is attracting Trumpers. Oops.
https://www.salon.com/2024/04/22/a-harb ... ould-sink/
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

stevil will call someone fat
trump will lose because that's what he does
moscow marge will say something stupid daily
buckcherry will tour
cheap trick will tour
toronto will shit the bed in the playoffs
tyson will destroy jake paul
vince neil will continue sucking
multiple american citizens will be killed by automatic weapons on american soil.
sidney sweeny will show her tits on screen
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pm sidney sweeny will show her tits on screen
I knew her name but nothing else. Looked her up, the first headline was how she'd just "apologised" on Instagram for having "great tits".
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pm sidney sweeny will show her tits on screen
I knew her name but nothing else. Looked her up, the first headline was how she'd just "apologised" on Instagram for having "great tits".
she's kinda known for showing them and for that i am thankful
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 pm
Dagnab it, if only there was some new-fangled technology by which I might be able to research this further.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 pm

Dagnab it, if only there was some new-fangled technology by which I might be able to research this further.

I have a magazine where she's showing them off. If you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, I could take a polaroid of the pix, and mail it to you. Just send me 2 bucks to pay for the polaroid film.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pmtrump will lose because that's what he does
Maybe, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm picking up 2016 all over again with the Dems standing around holding their dicks, thinking it's a sure thing.
GreatWhiteSnake

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pmtrump will lose because that's what he does
Maybe, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm picking up 2016 all over again with the Dems standing around holding their dicks, thinking it's a sure thing.
There are a couple of positive signs such as the article I posted above about a viable RFK Jr. candidacy possibly sinking Trump. Also I read this morning that 155,000 Pennsylvania Republicans did NOT vote for Rusty the Klown yesterday but rather voted for Nikki so there's that...
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The rest of the world thinks it’s bizarre that you guys have 300 million people and the best two guys you can put up are both 80.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm The rest of the world thinks it’s bizarre that you guys have 300 million people and the best two guys you can put up are both 80.
Right. Cause we locals dont think it's bizarre.