People With High-Paying Jobs

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

People With High-Paying Jobs

Post by NeilC »

I know the answers to this could go many different ways and I honestly look forward to the serious answers.. With that being said, are good people who do "bad" things for money, really bad people? If you do it long enough, often enough, do your lines of morality somehow through time, slip away? For example, take someone like Jamie Dimon. I get it. He's very rich. I am jealous of that aspect but to dedicate his whole life to gouging people ( a la Clients/Customers) etc. Why do they do that? Okay. Pays well. I get it. You are getting paid to do something someone, somewhere doesn't want to do or won't and that's why you make the big money. Yet if I met him, I bet he's a probabaly a nice guy that who knows? Maybe I would want to be friends with, maybe. It is not so much an "I'm better than you" but what kind of man makes his living knowing that at the end of the day, yes he gets paid well, yes you may have a family to support( all "normaL" things) but with your ability and brains? You still do it for the money? Do you do it for the money or because you are up to your eyeballs in debt or do you like what you do?
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Re: People With High-Paying Jobs

Post by Rocker4Real »

What do you consider high-paying? How much per year? I doubt there are many multi-millionaire CEOs here. From my experience, people usually think they're behaving ethically if it's become a standard in that business. We expect car salespeople to lie. We expect investment rating people to be bought off. During the financial crisis, some big banks had their bonds rated high a week before they went under.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

You're not a good person if you're doing bad things for money.
ImageImage
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Go out and work hard and get paid. It’s all about how bad you want it. I want to get paid like a doctor or an attorney. You gotta want it
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

NeilC wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 am I know the answers to this could go many different ways and I honestly look forward to the serious answers.. With that being said, are good people who do "bad" things for money, really bad people?
Yes. If you do bad things you're a bad person. It's not a difficult concept.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

MattleyCrue wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 pm Go out and work hard and get paid. It’s all about how bad you want it. I want to get paid like a doctor or an attorney. You gotta want it
I hope you didn't take offense to my sentence about car salesman. From what I've read, you are one of the honest ones.