USC Students Protest Israel/Gaza!

Post by Rocker4Real »

Throwing bottles! America! https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/live/
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: USC Students Protest Israel/Gaza!

Post by mullet_head »

This is a live stream you just posted.
Would you happen to have a specific link to the protest? I catched a bit and saw a girl demanding that her Uni acknowledges the genocide in Gaza. My first though was that Universities should focus on providing an education and stay out of politics but I couln't get a real insight into the whole thing because of the Carnation Revolution celebrations here, they cut into every political party leader cunt that is making a speech.
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

mullet_head wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am This is a live stream you just posted.
Would you happen to have a specific link to the protest? I catched a bit and saw a girl demanding that her Uni acknowledges the genocide in Gaza. My first though was that Universities should focus on providing an education and stay out of politics but I couln't get a real insight into the whole thing because of the Carnation Revolution celebrations here, they cut into every political party leader cunt that is making a speech.
https://youtu.be/Tla2tbV7Mvg?si=hOEX9PW9y3BgsYdy
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

So there was a protest and some protesters got rowdy. Is that it? To me it doesn't seem like a big deal, especially when you compare it to the French protests - any French protests.

I don't think these protests are antisemitic in nature, although I have no doubts there are some antisemitic elements for the ride. Which is unfortunate.

Is there a message that you're trying to convey that I'm not getting, or what?
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

mullet_head wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 am So there was a protest and some protesters got rowdy. Is that it? To me it doesn't seem like a big deal, especially when you compare it to the French protests - any French protests.

I don't think these protests are antisemitic in nature, although I have no doubts there are some antisemitic elements for the ride. Which is unfortunate.

Is there a message that you're trying to convey that I'm not getting, or what?
It seemed more exciting yesterday when I heard bottle throwing was involved. That was a small minority that were getting rowdy. Let's move along.
murdercitydevil08
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by murdercitydevil08 »

Dumb College Students Admit they dont know why they are protesting....

[url][https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ491hjP3-4/url]
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

murdercitydevil08 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm Dumb College Students Admit they dont know why they are protesting....

Yeah, it's super dumb that anyone would be protesting the 38,000+ civilians killed by the IDF in Gaza
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

aerozeppelin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am
murdercitydevil08 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm Dumb College Students Admit they dont know why they are protesting....

Yeah, it's super dumb that anyone would be protesting the 38,000+ civilians killed by the IDF in Gaza
The killing of innocent people is indeed something to protest, for sure. But it does seem like those two particular girls are there just to party and virtue signl - and are not even sure which virtue they are trying to signal. Still, those two being a couple of airheads does not make killing all those people any more tolerable.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

mullet_head wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 pm
aerozeppelin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am

The killing of innocent people is indeed something to protest, for sure. But it does seem like those two particular girls are there just to party and virtue signl - and are not even sure which virtue they are trying to signal. Still, those two being a couple of airheads does not make killing all those people any more tolerable.
Sure, I won't disagree with that, but people are disingenuously cherry picking these random bad actors and saying that they represent everyone, no one is there for valid reasons, or that there is not even anything to protest in the first place. It's much easier to blanket statement the whole thing as antisemitism rather than reflect on what Israel is actually doing.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

mullet_head wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am I couln't get a real insight into the whole thing because of the Carnation Revolution celebrations here,
A belated happy independence day. Although I read that your fascists are on the way back to prominence, unfortunately like in quite a few other countries. Including mine. At least we're not getting bombed to smithereens in the name of FREEDOM just yet though.
Last edited by GoodJudge on Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

DP
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

GoodJudge wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 pm
mullet_head wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am I couln't get a real insight into the whole thing because of the Carnation Revolution celebrations here,
A belated happy independence day. Although I read that your fascists are on the way back to prominence, unfortunately like in quite a few other countries. Including mine. At least we're not getting bombed to smithereens in the name of FREEDOM just yet though.
Thanks, although I think ''Independence'' is best used to describe,say, kicking out a foreign power who rules over your country.

I guess following the Trump template really worked for these low-lives. It's basically the same crap, just slightly adapted to each country's reality. The cult of personality, the political incorrectness (''tell it like it is''), the Mexicans (we do not have many of those, but there's plenty of gipsies, Indians, Nepalese etc to go around). These guys have no political program, principles or ideals whatsoever, only shit that seems like it was lifted from far-right wing sites' commentary boxes.

My hope is that they got everyone they were going to get and there aren't any more retards coming out of the woodwork. I'm likely wrong.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’m curious to hear what TenBenny has to say about the subject.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm I’m curious to hear what TenBenny has to say about the subject.
Is he still tweeting?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

God I hope so cause if not that will mean he became unalived.

I wonder where he stands with the queers for 🇵🇸 gang?
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

My son goes to USC. It all started with the choice of the Valedictorian. Turns out she has opinions. USC didn't like some of them, some of which seem anti-Semitic. They cancelled her and people went ape-shit. He told me the majority of the protesters didn't even go to his school, just seemed like they were there to protest. The same group then moved over to UCLA.

Last night there was vandalism. I'm not sure what that does for the cause.

They have now cancelled the main graduation ceremony. I do feel bad for all of the families that are missing out if they wanted to attend. He didn't care about the main ceremony before and we were just going to the individual schools ceremony where they actually call his name and he walks across the stage. This will be his second cancelled graduation as covid did in his senior year in high school. Hopefully they don't cancel the individual school celebrations, but we are rolling with it because what else can we do.