Anyone have a census worker knock on your door?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

krismetal
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Anyone have a census worker knock on your door?

Post by krismetal »

Just curious? This guy knocked on my door for 15 mins pounding, then he sat outside for 1 hour starring at my door. He left a notice after waiting for 2 hours. I googled his name and found out he belongs to a hare krishna group.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Re: Anyone have a census worker knock on your door?

Post by upinsmoke »

Yeah, the wife had some stupid bitch doing that same shit. She called, left notes at the door, sat out there for an hour or so on about 5 different days. We'd already filled the shit out and sent it in a month before that -- there was no way we were going to spend any more time on it than we already had. They must have finally found our mailer, because we haven't heard anything more for about a week.
krismetal

Post by krismetal »

Crazy, i read they legally can ask your neighbors what time you come home and other questions about you. I filled it out as well months ago. No way would I let this man in my house or open the door.
upinsmoke wrote:Yeah, the wife had some stupid bitch doing that same shit. She called, left notes at the door, sat out there for an hour or so on about 5 different days. We'd already filled the shit out and sent it in a month before that -- there was no way we were going to spend any more time on it than we already had. They must have finally found our mailer, because we haven't heard anything more for about a week.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

I'll add this: The wife talked with this woman, TOLD her we sent it in -- said please don't call anymore, don't come to the door, she works from the house on the phones, won't be able to come to the door if knocked on, etc... -- and the bitch just kept right on knocking every day, then sitting in her car for an hour at a time in front of the house.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

I don't blame you for not letting the guy into your home...the census administration doesn't seem to do a good job of checking out who they hire.
krismetal

Post by krismetal »

upinsmoke wrote:I'll add this: The wife talked with this woman, TOLD her we sent it in -- said please don't call anymore, don't come to the door, she works from the house on the phones, won't be able to come to the door if knocked on, etc... -- and the bitch just kept right on knocking every day, then sitting in her car for an hour at a time in front of the house.
He just came back again, lol. Knocking like he has a warrant for my arrest.
I found some videos of him on youtube with hare krishnas, thats the the type of fruitloops the census hire.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Yes. Anyone know where to find fava beans?
ImageImage
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

krismetal wrote:He just came back again, lol. Knocking like he has a warrant for my arrest.
I found some videos of him on youtube with hare krishnas, thats the the type of fruitloops the census hire.
Hah, I coincidentally ran across this earlier. Take of it what you will.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/ ... -000-.html
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Yes. Anyone know where to find fava beans?

:lol:
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Census-fever really has a lot of people running for the hills. The gubment is out to git us!

Like everyone else, I was too lazy to fill out my census form. I came home from work one day to find a note under my door that a census guy was there. I ran into another census person out on the street, and said, hey can we take care of this here?

It took 5 minutes, I was on my way, and I've never heard from any one of them again.

What a nightmare!
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

Maybe you're too social. Fuck off!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

upinsmoke wrote:Maybe you're too social. Fuck off!
You know what's REALLY terrifying?

Now, the gubmint knows who I am, how many people live in my apt, and that I'm white.

It's totally fucked up.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

Crazy Levi wrote:
upinsmoke wrote:Maybe you're too social. Fuck off!
You know what's REALLY terrifying?

Now, the gubmint knows who I am, how many people live in my apt, and that I'm white.

It's totally fucked up.
What's a "gubmint"? Is that some new breath saver?

I'm all confused and shit since you threw that into the mix.
krismetal

Post by krismetal »

upinsmoke wrote:
krismetal wrote:He just came back again, lol. Knocking like he has a warrant for my arrest.

Interesting, he came back again at 9 pm, i had some music on. He starts shouting, "hello, open up, hello, let me in".

He didn't leave a notice so i guess he will be back in the morning tomorrow.
Last edited by krismetal on Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krismetal

Post by krismetal »

Crazy Levi wrote:Census-fever really has a lot of people running for the hills. The gubment is out to git us!

Like everyone else, I was too lazy to fill out my census form. I came home from work one day to find a note under my door that a census guy was there. I ran into another census person out on the street, and said, hey can we take care of this here?

It took 5 minutes, I was on my way, and I've never heard from any one of them again.

What a nightmare!
I filled it out months ago and don't appreciate this man coming by 3 times in one day.
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

aren't these fuckers being paid $15 to $20 an hour?
of course they'd sit on your porch for an hour.

it's a pretty fucked up system that they are visiting people who have already filled the forms.
and what is up that if you had more than 13 residents, you didn't have to claim them?

last census i had was a questionnaire of how many cars, tv's, vcr's you own, how far you drive to work, time traveled, a full invasive survey. anyone have one of those this period?
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

absolutely fabulous wrote:aren't these fuckers being paid $15 to $20 an hour?
of course they'd sit on your porch for an hour.

it's a pretty fucked up system that they are visiting people who have already filled the forms.
and what is up that if you had more than 13 residents, you didn't have to claim them?

last census i had was a questionnaire of how many cars, tv's, vcr's you own, how far you drive to work, time traveled, a full invasive survey. anyone have one of those this period?
Sort of.......my apartment number apparently got selected to be part of some additional census study over the past year, so every so often I've had someone call.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

upinsmoke wrote:

§ 223. Refusal, by owners, proprietors, etc., to assist census employees
How Current is This?
Whoever, being the owner, proprietor, manager, superintendent, or agent of any hotel, apartment house, boarding or lodging house, tenement, or other building, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary or by any other officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof, acting under the instructions of the Secretary, to furnish the names of the occupants of such premises, or to give free ingress thereto and egress therefrom to any duly accredited representative of such Department or bureau or agency thereof, so as to permit the collection of statistics with respect to any census provided for in subchapters I and II of chapter 5 of this title, or any survey authorized by subchapter IV or V of such chapter insofar as such survey relates to any of the subjects for which censuses are provided by such subchapters I and II, including, when relevant to the census or survey being taken or made, the proper and correct enumeration of all persons having their usual place of abode in such premises, shall be fined not more than $500.
In English:
Whoever refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by any officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof, to furnish the names of the occupants of such premises, when relevant to the census or survey being taken or made, shall be fined not more than $500
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Legally they can't ask for anything more than the number of people living in your house. Anything more is none of their business.
Chevyman

Post by Chevyman »

nope,another great reason I like living in the country,with the gate I can see on screen who is at the entrance,if they jump the fence, my dogs will get them :D

sent my form in the the mail
krismetal

Post by krismetal »

Hes come back 4 more times when i was not home, left a notice each time. Thats 8 times in total he has came by.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

krismetal wrote:Hes come back 4 more times when i was not home, left a notice each time. Thats 8 times in total he has came by.
They're prob just milking the hourly wage.

We had one chick drive up while we were cleaning out the garage, she took her survey, ten minutes later she was gone, no fuss, no big deal.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I had one all kinds of confused. Small town (20,000 + but shy of 30k). At the time, I still had a lease on an apt. on E. 2nd. Hated that shithole. Thankfully I wasn't the only one who thought the owner was a bitch, she had a restaurant go under and is now selling all of her rentals, hopefully a REAL landlord buys them. So.... I was staying at my ex-sister in laws. We weren't living together. She has homes in Ohio, Florida, and California, and basically was paying me to stay at her house and watch it and take care of the pets while she was either in Florida or Cali. I was still registered to vote in Lancaster, OH. And was in the process of moving in to the apartment that I will be living in this summer. I also was storing furniture in my parents garage. Long story short, I ran into the same census guy at 4 different locales. He has no real idea where I really live. I'm now off the radar for another 10 years I guess!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Dark80sChris
Recording Your Demo

Post by Dark80sChris »

The government wants to know how many legal citizens there are in the country, right? Yet, how are they gonna get the thirty million or so illegal aliens to fill out the census form? Will they get fined if they don't send theirs in? Didn't think so...

Fuckin' tyranny....
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Are you posting from the mountain compound, Dark80sChris?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Are you posting from the mountain compound, Dark80sChris?
Don't answer! He may be an undercover census worker. :shock: :shock:
ImageImage
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

krismetal wrote:Hes come back 4 more times when i was not home, left a notice each time. Thats 8 times in total he has came by.

lol thats fucked up brother.
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.