Congress Repeals "Don't Ask/Don't Tell"

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Congress Repeals "Don't Ask/Don't Tell"

Post by MurrayFiend »

JakeYonkel is SO. NOT. FABULOUS!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote: but if you've got a fairy type fag in the shower with you don't be surprised if he gets his ass kicked. Once again though to reiterate I don't think those types of fags are the military types anyway. So it's probably a moot point.
Wrong. They should be allowed to be as fairy or faggy as they want in the shower as long as they don't harrass their co-workers.

You realize that after one of those ass kickings, said fairy would pretty much OWN the fucking miliatary? It'll be up to the military leadership to make sure their recruits are properly educated.

It'll help keep the lawsuits down.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Crazy Levi wrote: Wrong. They should be allowed to be as fairy or faggy as they want in the shower as long as they don't harrass their co-workers.
No, you're wrong. Soldiers have to follow moral turpitude and conduct unbecoming codes in all areas of the Department of Defense. Whether the open homosexuality ban is lifted or not, acting like Liberace will get you an express ticket to the brig, demotion, and a psych evaluation.
You realize that after one of those ass kickings, said fairy would pretty much OWN the fucking miliatary? It'll be up to the military leadership to make sure their recruits are properly educated.

Wrong again. In 1950, the Supreme Court decided in Feres Vs. The United States that service members cannot sue the Armed Forces. If there is a complaint, they have to take it up with the Inspector General and the normal chain of command.

Are you sure you aren't one of those uniformed celebrities I was talking about. "Crazy" Levi Johnston?
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: Wrong. They should be allowed to be as fairy or faggy as they want in the shower as long as they don't harrass their co-workers.
No, you're wrong. Soldiers have to follow moral turpitude and conduct unbecoming codes in all areas of the Department of Defense. Whether the open homosexuality ban is lifted or not, acting like Liberace will get you an express ticket to the brig, demotion, and a psych evaluation.

Wrong again. In 1950, the Supreme Court decided in Feres Vs. The United States that service members cannot sue the Armed Forces. If there is a complaint, they have to take it up with the Inspector General and the normal chain of command.

Are you sure you aren't one of those uniformed celebrities I was talking about. "Crazy" Levi Johnston?
Fair enough. What it won't get them is the ass-kicking that Jake predicts. The armed forces will see to that. It's 2010. You can't just go around beating the shit out of fellow soldier.

You can't handle the truth.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED????
Thrash Gordon
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Thrash Gordon »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Fair enough. What it won't get them is the ass-kicking that Jake predicts. The armed forces will see to that. It's 2010. You can't just go around beating the shit out of fellow soldier.

You can't handle the truth.

You're delusional. Our D.I. used to pretty much provoke half the blanket parties in boot. Livingston stinks. I'm going for a walk to the bx for some smokes, and when I get back, I want him smellin' pretty. Anyone weighing in on what they 'think' will happen that hasn't served, doesn't have a clue.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I think you're overstating the "moral turpitude" of the military. True, somebody "swishing around" or making things otherwise uncomfortable wouldn't be tolerated, and perhaps that is different from the civilian world (it's been a long time since I was part of a purely civilian organization so I don't really know) but it isn't as upstanding as you imply.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I don't care. Military is full of fags anyway, might as well make it official.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

tin00can wrote:

I think you're overstating the "moral turpitude" of the military. True, somebody "swishing around" or making things otherwise uncomfortable wouldn't be tolerated, and perhaps that is different from the civilian world (it's been a long time since I was part of a purely civilian organization so I don't really know) but it isn't as upstanding as you imply.

No, I'm really not overstating it. Moral Turpitude includes crimes committed against person, family relationship, and sexual morality. That encompasses adultery, lewdness, and indecency. That's why lifting the homosexuality ban puts an undue burden on soldiers, NCO's, and officers to maintain a disciplined and structured environment.

People like to compare the gay "rights" angle to women in the military. Well women don't shower or bunk with members of the opposite sex. This may seem like reactionary whining to people that live in Greenwich Village and write for The Voice or people like Fugmo, but people in the military know that this opens a floodgate to a host of problems that will have to be dealt with.

To follow the ideology behind lifting the "don't ask, don't tell" policy to its logical conclusion means that homosexuality will have to be completely legitimized by the military. That means gay marriages, gay adoptions, open displays of affection,on base, which as a matter of policy will have to be respected by the military code of conduct and the government. In other countries where gays do serve openly, there is an unofficial limit as to what those who chose to identify publicly as homosexual, can do in the armed forces. Germany is good example of this. The great thing about the US is that once the ban is lifted, these kind of smokescreen, unofficial glass ceilings will not be tolerated. Unfortunately, the open homosexuality application of our "in for the penny, in for the pound" approach to civil rights has very little scientific, social, and indeed moral justification.

So those previous definitions for morality will of course have to be redefined. Which is what this movement is about. Redefinition.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I don't disagree with most of your points. The military is certainly different from society at large, and the foxhole argument does apply. And yes, sexuality makes it different than race, but not so much as gender. My point, which I didn't really explain, is that most of the things you are talking about - adultery, lewdness, indecency - are rarely brought up as charges and usually only as part of something else much bigger (i.e. an higher-up abusing power by coercing multiple partners). You'll rarely see an adultery charge brought up on its own. Semantics perhaps and not even entirely relevant to what you are talking about.

And I do agree with the "glass ceiling" portion of your reply. There is definitely an all-in feel to this and the complete ramifications have yet to be addressed.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

JakeYonkel wrote:
People who wear their sexuality on their sleeve like that irritate the life out of me. It's a total show and very intentional so I don't have to act like it's "just who they are."

Straight men don't walk around going out of their way to show off their muscles and talk about football and beer (well most of the time anyway) so I don't see the reason for some queerbag to be limp-wristed and sound like a woman. And therein lies the difference between gays and fags. No problem with gays at all, fags I can't stand.

My friends and I once tried to re-write the whole Chris Rock "blacks vs niggers" skit to fit "gays vs fags" along the same lines you're talking about.

I know where you're coming from, but if you had a really faggy friend for a while you'd prob get over it. I don't really care anymore, after living in NYC i met so many weird people from drag queens to healers dressed like rodeo clowns to black vampires to faggy club boys fist fighting arab cab drivers. Shit just doesn't surprise me anymore.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

NYC should be its own country.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

JakeYonkel wrote:NYC should be its own country.
How random that when I read your comment the Flinstone vitamen song went through my head singing "6 million strong, and growing"....if you haven't spent more than a few days there, add 3 months in NYC to your bucket list. You'll never be the same!
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Oh dude, I lived about 40 minutes from the city for the first 23 years of my life. I know.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

JakeYonkel wrote:Oh dude, I lived about 40 minutes from the city for the first 23 years of my life. I know.
Any good stories? Ever run into a Twisted Sister? Maybe a cat lady that you thought was a Sister?
Chevyman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Chevyman »

I've never been in a shower with other men :?

am I missing something :shock:
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

vanitybinge wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:Oh dude, I lived about 40 minutes from the city for the first 23 years of my life. I know.
Any good stories? Ever run into a Twisted Sister? Maybe a cat lady that you thought was a Sister?
Honestly I tried to spend as little time there as possible. Other than the "wow" factor when you first walk out of Penn Station I really don't like the city much at all. I went to concerts there and would pass through on the way Shea or Yankee Stadiums but other than that the weird characters on the subways or in the streets kept me outta there.
MA551V3_700L
Picking a Band Name

Post by MA551V3_700L »

Crazy Levi wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote: but if you've got a fairy type fag in the shower with you don't be surprised if he gets his ass kicked. Once again though to reiterate I don't think those types of fags are the military types anyway. So it's probably a moot point.
Wrong. They should be allowed to be as fairy or faggy as they want in the shower as long as they don't harrass their co-workers.

Homosexuals get beaten to death in the military all the time. I've personally known of at least 4 individuals who died from blue on blue beatings; the PR guys usually try to spin it off as a gay lover's argument gone south, or something similar, to the families involved. At least one of those incidents made it to the news... And that's not even counting the number of non-fatal beatings that occur, of which there are also quite a few. When I was stationed in Japan back in the 90's, it happened on my installation 3 times that I'm aware of, so probably more than that. No CrazyLevi, I'm sorry but you don't fully understand the issue. You can try to "educate" people about it all day long, but the fag-bashing will never go away. Separate living quarters (whenever possible) is the way to go.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

MA551V3_700L wrote:
Homosexuals get beaten to death in the military all the time. I've personally known of at least 4 individuals who died from blue on blue beatings; the PR guys usually try to spin it off as a gay lover's argument gone south, or something similar, to the families involved. At least one of those incidents made it to the news... And that's not even counting the number of non-fatal beatings that occur, of which there are also quite a few. When I was stationed in Japan back in the 90's, it happened on my installation 3 times that I'm aware of, so probably more than that. No CrazyLevi, I'm sorry but you don't fully understand the issue. You can try to "educate" people about it all day long, but the fag-bashing will never go away. Separate living quarters (whenever possible) is the way to go.

I was in the Navy for 20 years and I never once heard of anything like that happening. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I never heard about anything like that, and it may be different in the other services.

Having said that, I have a difficult time believing it is some sort of common occurrence. I can't imagine the media not getting a hold of at least one of the stories and blowing it up.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

MA551V3_700L wrote: Homosexuals get beaten to death in the military all the time. I've personally known of at least 4 individuals who died from blue on blue beatings; the PR guys usually try to spin it off as a gay lover's argument gone south, or something similar, to the families involved. At least one of those incidents made it to the news... And that's not even counting the number of non-fatal beatings that occur, of which there are also quite a few. When I was stationed in Japan back in the 90's, it happened on my installation 3 times that I'm aware of, so probably more than that. No CrazyLevi, I'm sorry but you don't fully understand the issue. You can try to "educate" people about it all day long, but the fag-bashing will never go away. Separate living quarters (whenever possible) is the way to go.
That's kinda fucking depressing
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

MotleyScrew wrote:They have a right to serve and get killed or crippled just like anybody else!

Thanks, Alan Dershowitz. It's so refreshing to have great legal mind on this board.
MA551V3_700L
Picking a Band Name

Post by MA551V3_700L »

Wow, I guess I was way wrong. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the entire dynamic of our military (you know, being the best, all services, on the entire planet and all of that). Wow. lol. I really hope Obama knows what he's doing that's all.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

MA551V3_700L wrote:Wow, I guess I was way wrong. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the entire dynamic of our military (you know, being the best, all services, on the entire planet and all of that). Wow. lol. I really hope Obama knows what he's doing that's all.

Well according to studies by the, you know, best all services, on the entire planet and all that, and the leadership thereof, and the soldiers themselves, it won't be much of an issue. So, don't worry your pretty little head, everything will be ok.

But the fight to keep those fags from marrying each other is still on in most of the country, so at least you still have a cause to throw your weight behind.

Here you go, read all about it. The hatemonger Republicans were practically BEGGING the military brass to poo-poo the repeal but the leadership of the, you know, best all services, on the planet and all that didn't take the bait. Cause they aren't as stupid as you and the Republican leadership:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... ntago.html

----------------------------
A GOP hearing aimed at stalling efforts to let gays serve openly in the military backfired Thursday when Pentagon chiefs testified the troops don't think there's anything wrong with that.

"We've not seen issues," said Gen. James Amos, commandant of the Marine Corps. "There's not been anxiety over it from the forces in the field."
braddawson90212
Spoon Fed By Al Snug

Post by braddawson90212 »

Crazy Levi wrote:

uh hah! You are gay-- I KNEW IT... !!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

braddawson90212 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

uh hah! You are gay-- I KNEW IT... !!
Welcome to the War Board, dipshit!
MA551V3_700L
Picking a Band Name

Post by MA551V3_700L »

Crazy Levi wrote:
MA551V3_700L wrote:Wow, I guess I was way wrong. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the entire dynamic of our military (you know, being the best, all services, on the entire planet and all of that). Wow. lol. I really hope Obama knows what he's doing that's all.

Well according to studies by the, you know, best all services, on the entire planet and all that, and the leadership thereof, and the soldiers themselves, it won't be much of an issue. So, don't worry your pretty little head, everything will be ok.

But the fight to keep those fags from marrying each other is still on in most of the country, so at least you still have a cause to throw your weight behind.

Here you go, read all about it. The hatemonger Republicans were practically BEGGING the military brass to poo-poo the repeal but the leadership of the, you know, best all services, on the planet and all that didn't take the bait. Cause they aren't as stupid as you and the Republican leadership:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... ntago.html

----------------------------
A GOP hearing aimed at stalling efforts to let gays serve openly in the military backfired Thursday when Pentagon chiefs testified the troops don't think there's anything wrong with that.

"We've not seen issues," said Gen. James Amos, commandant of the Marine Corps. "There's not been anxiety over it from the forces in the field."
Dipshit, I'm a 20 year veteran. I've been deployed to more shitholes than you've probably ever even heard of. I think I have the right to state my opinion on a message board without being bashed by someone with the word "crazy" in their nym. Now chill the fuck out and go take your meds bro.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

MA551V3_700L wrote:Dipshit, I'm a 20 year veteran. I've been deployed to more shitholes than you've probably ever even heard of. I think I have the right to state my opinion on a message board without being bashed by someone with the word "crazy" in their nym. Now chill the fuck out and go take your meds bro.
That's a great font color.

Really.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

My dick's been deployed into all kinds of shitholes, too!

Thank you, thank you. Enjoy the band!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MA551V3_700L
Picking a Band Name

Post by MA551V3_700L »

Last edited by MA551V3_700L on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MA551V3_700L
Picking a Band Name

Post by MA551V3_700L »

MA551V3_700L wrote:http://youtu.be/d-uoJMxL3jk
You should watch it, it's not spam. Unless you're too much of a pussy, crazy man.