Question for all regarding the Tucson tragedy

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Question for all regarding the Tucson tragedy

Post by Luminiferous »

Answer honestly, what was your initial thought when you heard the news of a Democratic congress woman being shot at a public appearance?
Disgruntled ex-employee?
Tea Party whackjob?
Anti Government Revolutionary?

I will be perfectly honest, first thought was "Oh shit. Someone has reacted to the current political division in the US. This whole Fox/Republicans Vs. The Dems/MSNBC has opened the gates to a deranged gun nut and they've decided to reload instead of retreat..

I've seen the bullshit everyday and have seen the scopes and the bulls eyes, heard the violent and "they're destroying America!" rhetoric from both sides. The parties and politicians have known what they are doing is inappropriate by what standards we try to portray ourselves as having to the rest of the world and so have we the people. Only now, since there have been deaths, especially that of a young child, it seems a few more people are actually finally saying "THIS NEEDS TO STOP" even though in the back of their minds they knew something was going to eventually happen if it kept up. It was the first thing I thought when hearing of the assassination attempt.

Then after hearing there were multiple victims and it included a 9 year old girl, I took a step back and remembered the Richard Jewel syndrome the country once suffered many years back and how wrong many were about a situation.
Too many times we jump to conclusions and the whole story is convoluted into a mess (like we have what we have now.) Too many media outlets now are trying to one up the other with the latest opinions and shit, when the official investigation is still very much new and they're not releasing a whole lot of info, so it leaves everyone of those same idiots to throw out their thoughts as fact and the shitslinging continues.
Blame being pointed without all the facts and as usual, assholes coming out of the woodwork who suddenly remember this idiot from 3, 5 and 10 years ago and they're filling every news channel they can for their 15 minutes.

Anyway, what were your first initial thoughts when you heard of the tragedy? Just curious at the different perspectives.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Re: Question for all regarding the Tucson tragedy

Post by lerxstcat »

I heard about the shootings and initially heard she kept her seat in a squeaker, and that she had been targeted by the Tea Party in that election.

So my initial impression was that it was a nut who was unhappy about the outcome of the election. Agreed that the very harsh rhetoric and the FOX News mantra that Democrats are destroying america came to mind. Such rhetoric has gotten way out of hand.

Granted a rational mind would not transfer rhetoric into action, but there are a LOT of nutcases in this country, and it seems that it's not too smart to incite them. With the righties' furiously asserting their free speech rights even in the wake of this though, I sort of wonder if wortking up the nutcases to act might not be a strategy. THEY don't have to do it, to get it done, if you know what I mean.

I say this because I see a lot of leftists saying the rhetoric needs to calm down, but rightists are if anything getting more belligerent about it. I am all about free speech, but there are times when you muzzle it to prevent something really bad from happening
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

In all honesty, Yeah I thought it was a whack job from the tea party, I think probably 90% of the country did.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I figured it was some sort of anti-government nut... no disrespect to the Congresswoman intended but she is not exactly a high-profile politician. I doubt anybody outside of Arizona had heard of her prior to Saturday.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I thought that a cabal of Greek shipping interests, Lyndon LaRouche, and former members of the Students For a Democratic Society had hired an assassin.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

You surprise me 'Noid..

I figured at least you'd believe it was part of the Judean's Peoples Front..
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by vanitybinge »

My first thought was much like you said. I thought, "The camel's back is finally breaking. This may be the shot heard round the world". I also knew right away everyone would harp on the sympathy of the little girl and the woman, and forget all about the federal judge. That's Prime Time for you.
I expected more shootings, and I still do. But this particular politician isn't high profile enough to incite any kind of riot.

I admit I was thinking about this kind of thing all last year, and I'm not alone. Many politicians have been investing in bulletproof cars, and the number of death threats so far this year is reportedly triple.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

The same as most here: I thought some anti government kook snapped.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:I thought that a cabal of Greek shipping interests, Lyndon LaRouche, and former members of the Students For a Democratic Society had hired an assassin.
I did too. I still have my suspicions, quite honestly.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Luminiferous wrote:Answer honestly, what was your initial thought when you heard the news of a Democratic congress woman being shot at a public appearance?
I was thinking it's horrible people were killed and injured.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

I figured ZVD finally completely lost his shit.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:I figured ZVD finally completely lost his shit.
No, he saved that for Ron Reagan Jr. when he said his dad may have had Alzheimer's while in office.

He has Ron Sr.'s diaries, you know.... right next to his Bible, probably!
Cliffenstein
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cliffenstein »

My first thought was that it was some crazy leftist person. I didn't think this was Republican, conservative or Tea Party in the least.

The only people who honestly thought it was some tea party person doing this are those who are so easily led by the liberal media and have absolutely no knowledge of or even true interest in history or the wisdom one gains when allowing themselves to be guided by history.
Queen Bee

Yes, because assuming that it was left leaning psycho makes way more sense than assuming it was a right wing psycho.

You're a fucking imbecile and an embarrassment to all multi-celled organisms.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:Yes, because assuming that it was left leaning psycho makes way more sense than assuming it was a right wing psycho.
John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Leon Czolgosz, Lee Harvey Olswald, James Earl Ray, John Hinckley Jr...all avowed leftists or registered Democrats.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cliffenstein wrote:
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:Yes, because assuming that it was left leaning psycho makes way more sense than assuming it was a right wing psycho.
John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, Leon Czolgosz, Lee Harvey Olswald, James Earl Ray, John Hinckley Jr...all avowed leftists or registered Democrats.
Don't forget John Wayne Gacy! He was active in Democratic politics and even had his picture taken with Rosylyn Carter.

So glad Cliffstein is back. We can finally get back to some intelligent conversation around here.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

I was referring to politically based shootings.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cliffenstein wrote:I was referring to politically based shootings.
Why stop there?

I'm pretty much sure all psychotic killers are democracts.
Queen Bee

You know, Cliffy's right - I'm sure all of the abortion clinic bombings were done by left-wing nutjobs too.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:You know, Cliffy's right - I'm sure all of the abortion clinic bombings were done by left-wing nutjobs too.
Nope...very misguided Christians.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Cliffenstein wrote:My first thought was that it was some crazy leftist person. I didn't think this was Republican, conservative or Tea Party in the least.

The only people who honestly thought it was some tea party person doing this are those who are so easily led by the liberal media and have absolutely no knowledge of or even true interest in history or the wisdom one gains when allowing themselves to be guided by history.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do appreciate the fact that Cliffy was able to spout his whole idea reply about the shooting without the effort of copy/pasting..
bane

Post by bane »

Cliffenstein wrote:
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:You know, Cliffy's right - I'm sure all of the abortion clinic bombings were done by left-wing nutjobs too.
Nope...very misguided Christians.
I like how you left "right-wing" out of that statement.
Queen Bee

So when it's a registered democrat, it's their political leanings that determines fault - but when it's a rightwing nutjob doing the killing, it's their religious affiliation.

What a fucking maroon.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

bane wrote:I like how you left "right-wing" out of that statement.
I have no idea if anyone who has ever bombed an abortion clinic was even interested in politics. Do you?
bane

Post by bane »

Cliffenstein wrote:
I have no idea if anyone who has ever bombed an abortion clinic was even interested in politics. Do you?
Sure- Erick Robert Rudolph claimed political motives for the Atlanta Olympic bombing. He also blew up an abortion clinic or two.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:
Cliffenstein wrote:
Sure- Erick Robert Rudolph claimed political motives for the Atlanta Olympic bombing. He also blew up an abortion clinic or two.
Ted Bundy was a hardcore Republican.

Denis Rader, the Bind Torture Kill psycho, was a registered Republican politician. That's right, he won election to the office of dog catcher on the Republican ticket.

This is very troubling information. I'd say psycho killers are a bigger threat to the American populace than guys like Oswald and John Wilkes Booth.

Very troubling indeed. Could Cliffstein, in between remixing the sophmore LPs of acts like Trixter and Vixen, be out there slaughtering prostitutes and college coeds?

The facts speak for themselves.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Cliffenstein wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake....John Wilkes Booth? You going back that far? Really? Because the Democrats (Dixiecrats for short) of the Cilvil War Era are exactly like the Democrats of today... :roll: If James Earl Ray was a Democrat, he was certainly more in the vain of Lester Maddox or Strom Thurmond, who, btw, jumped ship with his segregationist bullshit in tact, to the Republican party, which welcomed him with open arms. The 'Southern Strategy" and all that.

That reminds me of the statement made by someone here this past year that the Civil Rights act was passed despite the Democrats...well, until I posted the actual voting record. They didn't respond to that.

And is Lee Harvey Oswald different than Lee Harvey Oswald?

Hey! While I'm here, anyone hear about the bomb found along the parade route for MLK Day in Spokane, WA. The public city workers found it before it could be detonated by remote control.....don't you just hate those city workers sucking off the system? :roll:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

The problem all you idiots have is that it was you and those like you who tried to blame Jared Loughner's actions on us.

You're a joke.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Cliffenstein wrote:The problem all you idiots have is that it was you and those like you who tried to blame Jared Loughner's actions on us.

You're a joke.

Okey Dokey....so you're butthurt and lashing out. It's okay.{{{Cliffie}}}
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cliffenstein wrote:The problem all you idiots have is that it was you and those like you who tried to blame Jared Loughner's actions on us.

You're a joke.
All of us idiots?

Please identify those of us who have blamed Jared Loughner's actions on you.