Everytime it snows...

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Everytime it snows...

Post by Crazy Levi »

...I have to hear every right-wing asshole within earshot make sneering comments about Al Gore.

Seriously...enough already, we get it. It's cold, therefore Al Gore is an asshole. We don't give a shit, find a new bit.

It's like a reflex action with these fuckers.
MurrayFiend

Re: Everytime it snows...

Post by MurrayFiend »

Awful fucking weather here. Flights cancelled and all that shit. Dan Savage was supposed to speak here tonight for some 'It Gets Better' thing, wonder if he'll make it. Apparently it's worse elsewhere in the province.

No comment on Al Gore; I just like talking about the weather, as an old man.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I heard a local right wing radio asshole make the same comment this morning and it's not even snowing here.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Meh, Al Gore IS an asshole. Whether he's right or wrong about global warming is beside the point.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

That thread in the Lounge was pretty interesting. Chicago got fucking hammered. :shock:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
bane

Post by bane »

MurrayFiend wrote:That thread in the Lounge was pretty interesting. Chicago got fucking hammered. :shock:
I'd hate to be stuck in that shit. I feel like a total pussy for bitching about our little cold snap here after viewing those pics.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Crazy Levi wrote:...I have to hear every right-wing asshole within earshot make sneering comments about Al Gore.

Seriously...enough already, we get it. It's cold, therefore Al Gore is an asshole. We don't give a shit, find a new bit.

It's like a reflex action with these fuckers.
It could be worse. It could be a left wing lunatic liberal making Sarah Palin posts every other day. Oh wait..you got that covered.
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

:lol:
Landshark2000
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Landshark2000 »

bane wrote:Meh, Al Gore IS an asshole. Whether he's right or wrong about global warming is beside the point.
I was just going to post that ... but I'll just agree with you instead.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:Take your child, and leave him in the woods....he has a better chance being raised by a pack of homosexual squirrels.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Landshark2000 wrote:
bane wrote:Meh, Al Gore IS an asshole. Whether he's right or wrong about global warming is beside the point.

That's no way to talk about the inventor of the innerwebz!

Show a little respect, please!
SoulsOfBlack
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

We wouldn't have internet stalking without Al Gore.

RESPECT!
EZrocker wrote:I am not an "obsessive Jani Lane fan". I don't even own a Warrant album, and I have never seen Jani live. I think Uncle Tom's Cabin is a good tune, but otherwise I could give a shit.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Landshark2000 wrote:

That's no way to talk about the inventor of the innerwebz!

Show a little respect, please!

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Saying "Al Gore said he invented the internet" is typical conservative hyperbole.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

KneelandBobDylan wrote: Saying "Al Gore said he invented the internet" is typical conservative hyperbole.
It never gets old though, does it?

Firing off a "Al Gore invented the internet joke" is essense of wit for some people. It's as funny the 6 billionth time as it was the first time.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

I'm just glad he was never President. He would've taken our guns away for sure.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Al Gore and global warming debates aside: fuck this coldness. I'm more than ready to start bitching about the heat again.
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

Is it as lame as every single thing related to weather being blamed on global warming and your use of fossil fuels?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

ROADHEAD wrote:Is it as lame as every single thing related to weather being blamed on global warming and your use of fossil fuels?
Yes.
bane

Post by bane »

MurrayFiend wrote:I'm just glad he was never President. He would've taken our guns away for sure.
I don't think he gave a second thought to Canada's guns.
cc117

Post by cc117 »

bane wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:I'm just glad he was never President. He would've taken our guns away for sure.
I heard the same thing about Obama. Guns are still easily available.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

cc117 wrote: I heard the same thing about Obama. Guns are still easily available.
Guns are as American as apple pie.

They aren't going anywhere. Ever.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

I'm not a big fan of Gore but anyone who thinks "It is cold therefore global warming is a myth" is a total fucking retard.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

FACT: The earth is variable. The western Arctic may be getting somewhat warmer, due to cyclic events in the Pacific Ocean, but the Eastern Arctic and Greenland are getting colder. The small Palmer Peninsula of Antarctica is getting warmer, while the main Antarctic continent is actually cooling. Ice thicknesses are increasing both on Greenland and in Antarctica.

FACT: Glaciers have been receding and growing cyclically for hundreds of years. Recent glacier melting is a consequence of coming out of the very cool period of the Little Ice Age. Ice shelves have been breaking off for centuries. Scientists know of at least 33 periods of glaciers growing and then retreating. It’s normal. Besides, glacier's health is dependent as much on precipitation as on temperature.

FACT: Accurate satellite, balloon and mountain top observations made over the last three decades have not shown any significant change in the long term rate of increase in global temperatures. Average ground station readings do show a mild warming of 0.6 to 0.8C over the last 100 years, which is well within the natural variations recorded in the last millennium. The ground station network suffers from an uneven distribution across the globe; the stations are preferentially located in growing urban and industrial areas ("heat islands"), which show substantially higher readings than adjacent rural areas ("land use effects"). Two science teams have shown that correcting the surface temperature record for the effects of urban development would reduce the warming trend over land from 1980 by half.
There has been no catastrophic warming recorded.

FACT: In a 1996 report by the UN on global warming, two statements were deleted from the final draft. Here they are:
1) “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed climate changes to increases in greenhouse gases.”
2) “No study to date has positively attributed all or part of the climate change to man–made causes”
To the present day there is still no scientific proof that man-made CO2 causes significant global warming.

FACT: This is absolutely not true. Nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere. We could not live in 100% nitrogen either. Carbon dioxide is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is. CO2 is essential to life on earth. It is necessary for plant growth since increased CO2 intake as a result of increased atmospheric concentration causes many trees and other plants to grow more vigorously. Unfortunately, the Canadian Government has included CO2 with a number of truly toxic and noxious substances listed by the Environmental Protection Act, only as their means to politically control it.

http://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=3
The large, full-colour "hockey-stick" was the key graph in the UN's 2001 report, and the only one to appear six times. The Canadian Government copied it to every household. Four years passed before a leading scientific journal would publish the truth about the graph. Did the UN or the Canadian government apologise? Of course not. The UN still uses the graph in its publications.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ve-it.html
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Crazy Levi wrote:
KneelandBobDylan wrote: Saying "Al Gore said he invented the internet" is typical conservative hyperbole.
It never gets old though, does it?

It's as funny the 6 billionth time as it was the first time.
Excuse me. My error.

He didn't claim to invent it ... he claimed he "created" it.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." - Al Gore 03-09-99

You say to-mah-to ... I say to-may-to.
bane

Post by bane »

cc117 wrote:
bane wrote:
I heard the same thing about Obama. Guns are still easily available.
That's true. Ammo's getting a little scarce though.
cc117

Post by cc117 »

I don't think he gave a second thought to Canada's guns.[/quote]

I heard the same thing about Obama. Guns are still easily available.[/quote]

That's true. Ammo's getting a little scarce though.[/quote]

That's probably because all of the gun freaks are stocking up in fear of "Obama taking our guns". BTW, I have no problem with people owning guns. I just don't feel the need to carry one with me at all times.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

cc117 wrote:
That's probably because all of the gun freaks are stocking up in fear of "Obama taking our guns".
Yes, resulted in a huge copper shortage which drove prices up.
ImageImageImage
bane

Post by bane »

cc117 wrote: That's probably because all of the gun freaks are stocking up in fear of "Obama taking our guns". BTW, I have no problem with people owning guns. I just don't feel the need to carry one with me at all times.
Well, sort of. I think it's mostly due to the idea of ammo regulation that has been floated out there. It was definitely panic driven, but the NRA and other gun rights groups have a pretty effective propaganda machine.