Debt now equals total U.S. economy

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Re: Debt now equals total U.S. economy

Post by lerxstcat »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
SLASH1976 wrote:
MickeyG wrote:It does seem a bit odd that America owes a bunch of money, and yet doles out billions in foreign aid while some of our own suffer.
wanna be the world leader ? it's gonna cost you
If China and other countries some day start collecting those outstanding loans the US is fucked
How so? They can't repo a country like a used car.
The fact is that if the U.S. doesn't declare bankruptcy unilaterally, we will when China tries to call our debt. Then we'll just go hardcore, pull our troops in from overseas, and take what we need locally - like Venezuela's oil to keep our country running. Monroe doctrine FTW!
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Woland wrote:but they can buy your land ( setting the market price very low ) and kick you out.
:lol: No, actually, they can't. You're dreaming if you believe that.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Woland wrote:but they can buy your land ( setting the market price very low ) and kick you out.
Really? How? Will I come home and find a Chinaman tossing my clothes on the lawn?

You should just stick with the Jew bashing.
ImageImage
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

Really? How? Will I come home and find a Chinaman tossing my clothes on the lawn?

On December 8, 2009, a $3.4 billion settlement was announced.[1] $1.4 billion of the settlement is allocated to plaintiffs in the suit, and up to $2 billion is allocated for re-purchase of lands distributed under the Dawes Act. President Barack Obama signed legislation authorizing government funding of a final version of the $3.4 billion settlement in December 2010, raising the possibility of final closure after fourteen years of litigation. Judge Thomas Hogan will oversee a fairness hearing on the settlement in the spring of 2011.

are you nuts. they'd send one of your own to kick you out.

what i posted above is but one example. unless you're not aware, but there's plenty of lawsuits against illegal public land claims ( especially in the US ) that have been going on for years.

don't act dumb. if you're sitting on a piece of land that has gold, oil, whatever... they will buy you out. if they can't buy you out, they will force you out.

this still happens today.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

The Chinese don't want the US to do anything that will devalue those treasuries they bought. It's a shame that China hasn't spent more of their trade surplus on helping some of their own people get out of poverty, or improving infrastructure and services. Instead they buy US debt. Although it might be good for us that they have.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Woland wrote:

On December 8, 2009, a $3.4 billion settlement was announced.[1] $1.4 billion of the settlement is allocated to plaintiffs in the suit, and up to $2 billion is allocated for re-purchase of lands distributed under the Dawes Act. President Barack Obama signed legislation authorizing government funding of a final version of the $3.4 billion settlement in December 2010, raising the possibility of final closure after fourteen years of litigation. Judge Thomas Hogan will oversee a fairness hearing on the settlement in the spring of 2011.

what i posted above is but one example. unless you're not aware, but there's plenty of lawsuits against illegal public land claims ( especially in the US ) that have been going on for years.

don't act dumb. if you're sitting on a piece of land that has gold, oil, whatever... they will buy you out. if they can't buy you out, they will force you out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobell_v._Salazar

It has nothing to do with the discussion, woland. That's why you left the citation out. The internet works the same for us as it does for you, dumbass. No matter how dumb I act, you've got me beat on intrinsic nature. :lol:
ImageImage
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

Woland wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote: Really? How? Will I come home and find a Chinaman tossing my clothes on the lawn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobell_v._Salazar

It has nothing to do with the discussion, woland. That's why you left the citation out. The internet works the same for us as it does for you, dumbass. No matter how dumb I act, you've got me beat on intrinsic nature. :lol:
:lol:

Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

?

while i'll admit to making a quick search... the history behind that is still nonetheless concerning land grabs, no?

http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listse ... 59564.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... rab/print/

Wilderness designation for the lands in the Monument had long been sought by environmental groups; while designation of the Monument is not legally the same as Wilderness designation, for most practical purposes it is very similar. Bill Clinton significantly improved his standing with environmentalists by designating the Monument.

There are contentious issues peculiar to the state of Utah. Certain plots of land were assigned when Utah became a state (in 1896) as School and Institutional Trust Lands (SITLa, a Utah state agency), to be managed to produce funds for the state school system. These lands included scattered plots in the Monument that, critics claimed, could no longer be developed for the sake of Utah's school children. The SITLa plots within the Monument were exchanged for federal lands elsewhere in Utah, plus equivalent mineral rights and $13 million dollars cash by an act of Congress, the Utah Schools and Lands Exchange Act of 1998, supported by Democrats and Republicans, and signed into law as Public Law 105-335 on October 31, 1998.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Stai ... l_Monument

you probably won't like this example either, but it's much better. federal government basically fucking over state legislature.

otherwise, i'm sure i can find more examples later on by doing more quick searches.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

The point is, Woland, that your original post was about they (as in the Chinese) repoing our land and throwing us out, and that is not gonna happen, ever.

I'm sure you will say that you never said that, but that was the topic of discussion so don't even go there.
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

lerxstcat wrote:The point is, Woland, that your original post was about they (as in the Chinese) repoing our land and throwing us out, and that is not gonna happen, ever.

I'm sure you will say that you never said that, but that was the topic of discussion so don't even go there.
oh, i totally said that. and they don't have to 'repo' anything.

they just have to buy it from the feds ( and that day will come ). this is how globalism works.

unless you want to believe that for the next 20 years it'll be solely US companies that'll be clear cutting, strip mining, etc... the shit out of places.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Woland wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:The point is, Woland, that your original post was about they (as in the Chinese) repoing our land and throwing us out, and that is not gonna happen, ever.

they just have to buy it from the feds ( and that day will come ). this is how globalism works.

unless you want to believe that for the next 20 years it'll be solely US companies that'll be clear cutting, strip mining, etc... the shit out of places.
LOOOLOLOL
ImageImage
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

MickeyG wrote:It's a shame that China hasn't spent more of their trade surplus on helping some of their own people get out of poverty, or improving infrastructure and services. Instead they buy US debt.
Boy, them commies are more American than I thought. Fuck the poor! Up with the rich!
ImageImageImage
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:LOOOLOLOL
http://www.tarsandswatch.org/indian-act ... l-pipeline

http://lipanapachecommunitydefense.blog ... on-un.html

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2008/01/i ... ll-on.html

i'm just saying... if a chinese company offers more cash than some american, or jewish, or german, or UK or whatever company... who do you think will get the contract?
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Woland wrote:

Right, but there is a political backlash against globalsim occurring in the USA right now. People are sick of buying everything from China and owing them everything. As I said, all we really have to do is repudiate the debt and tell them to fuck off. Leaving them no real option that can force our hand. If we pass laws disallowing foreign investors to buy that land, then it won't be sold. Or such sales could be undone and the land effectively re-nationalized.
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

lerxstcat wrote:Right, but there is a political backlash against globalsim occurring in the USA right now. People are sick of buying everything from China and owing them everything. As I said, all we really have to do is repudiate the debt and tell them to fuck off. Leaving them no real option that can force our hand. If we pass laws disallowing foreign investors to buy that land, then it won't be sold. Or such sales could be undone and the land effectively re-nationalized.
eh, you know there's no escaping from this. people will still buy cheap stuff, especially with the increasing cost of life.

you can't pass laws disallowing foreign investments when you just spent decades trying to get China to do business with you! China isn't stupid. they're not buying all this debt for shits and giggles. they know it's going to pay off very handsomely. but it doesn't mean it has to come out of your ( and eventually mine ) pockets.

this is why i'm wholeheartedly hoping what's happening in Egypt spreads everywhere. very few people own everything while we'll be left with nothing. why are we paying for the mistakes of politicians and businesses and better yet, allowing ourselves to be misinformed?

but we're too in love with luxuries over here. so i'm not expecting any real protests for a while.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Woland wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:LOOOLOLOL
http://www.tarsandswatch.org/indian-act ... l-pipeline

http://lipanapachecommunitydefense.blog ... on-un.html

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2008/01/i ... ll-on.html

i'm just saying... if a chinese company offers more cash than some american, or jewish, or german, or UK or whatever company... who do you think will get the contract?

Do you mean as in when COSCO tried to lease a terminal at Long Beach Naval Base? LOOOLOLOL.
ImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Woland wrote:

LOOOLOLOL

x2

Master Wolandamus...do you predict the Republicans will auction off Yellowstone National Park to balance the budget? I also hear the Russians want to buy San Francisco because there might be another gold rush.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
sicktwistedfreak
Opening for Slaughter

Post by sicktwistedfreak »

How is it that you all can debate things like adults yet on the gossip board they don't understand that 1 + 1 = 2?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=242925

I don't agree with everything in this post but you all seem to get it.
Whether it's his outer glaze or cream-filled insides, King Ding Dong gets his subjects filthy!
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

looololol no i mean just like how the land in the american west is owned by a few families. yes, if they want to sell that land one day, they can. to anyone. same shit applies to canada. if the chinese want to build some condos and a ski resort - how is that any different than our own bozos doing it looololol.

and looololol @ balancing the budget. you gotta get rid of that massive deficit before you can balance anything.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

sicktwistedfreak wrote:How is it that you all can debate things like adults yet on the gossip board they don't understand that 1 + 1 = 2?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=242925

I don't agree with everything in this post but you all seem to get it.
It's just as stupid here, too.
ImageImage
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Woland wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:Right, but there is a political backlash against globalsim occurring in the USA right now. People are sick of buying everything from China and owing them everything. As I said, all we really have to do is repudiate the debt and tell them to fuck off. Leaving them no real option that can force our hand. If we pass laws disallowing foreign investors to buy that land, then it won't be sold. Or such sales could be undone and the land effectively re-nationalized.
eh, you know there's no escaping from this. people will still buy cheap stuff, especially with the increasing cost of life.

you can't pass laws disallowing foreign investments when you just spent decades trying to get China to do business with you! China isn't stupid. they're not buying all this debt for shits and giggles. they know it's going to pay off very handsomely. but it doesn't mean it has to come out of your ( and eventually mine ) pockets.

this is why i'm wholeheartedly hoping what's happening in Egypt spreads everywhere. very few people own everything while we'll be left with nothing. why are we paying for the mistakes of politicians and businesses and better yet, allowing ourselves to be misinformed?

but we're too in love with luxuries over here. so i'm not expecting any real protests for a while.
That's why they call it a backlash - it reverses an earlier long-term trend. Look at the people in Egypt right now. When they form a new government, 50/50 they look at the Mubarak Egypt national debt and say "Fuck that shit! He was a crook! We aren't paying it!"

Now why couldn't we have a revolution, guillotine some pols, and tel the world to fuck off in the same way? People are getting tired of not having jobs because our companies chopped up and sold so many companies, and will say "Fuck this, we want a change!"

Don't think it's not possible. Might take awhle but I think it will happen, eventually. Bastille Day, Muthafukkas!
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

lerxstcat wrote:
Woland wrote:

That's why they call it a backlash - it reverses an earlier long-term trend. Look at the people in Egypt right now. When they form a new government, 50/50 they look at the Mubarak Egypt national debt and say "Fuck that shit! He was a crook! We aren't paying it!"

Now why couldn't we have a revolution, guillotine some pols, and tel the world to fuck off in the same way? People are getting tired of not having jobs because our companies chopped up and sold so many companies, and will say "Fuck this, we want a change!"

Don't think it's not possible. Might take awhle but I think it will happen, eventually. Bastille Day, Muthafukkas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yxA9vt2-c
ImageImage
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

Skate4RnR wrote:
MickeyG wrote:It's a shame that China hasn't spent more of their trade surplus on helping some of their own people get out of poverty, or improving infrastructure and services. Instead they buy US debt.
Boy, them commies are more American than I thought. Fuck the poor! Up with the rich!

http://www.constructionkenya.com/1751/c ... structure/

Yup. Nothing ever gets done to help poor people or anybody else. :?
commodities Now
22nd February, 2011: 0:16 GMT

“China is creating more dollar billionaires than any other country, and this is a sign of a consumer market of some buoyancy. China will soon overtake Japan as the second biggest market in luxury goods,” says Mr George Fang (Standard Bank’s Head of Mining and Metals China)..."

“China is adding infrastructure capacity to link resources in countries as diverse as Mauretania, Sudan, Nigeria, DRC, Gabon, Angola and Zambia. This type of strategy is key to China’s investment on the continent. Thus making the investment viable but also leaving a future economic legacy for the host country, ” says Mr Fang..."

"The scale of China’s urbanisation has never been seen before and is still accelerating. Every year approximately 27 million people move from the countryside to cities. China already has some of the biggest cities in the world, and people are increasingly being attracted not to the massive coastal cities, but to second and even third-tier inland cities. There are 90 cities in China with populations of one million, and these are beginning to feel the influx. Fang said some of the strongest economic growth was occurring here..."

"He gives the example of China’s auto industry. “Decades ago this industry barely existed, yet within three years there will be no significant gap in technology between Chinese domestic cars and their foreign counterparts, except in the luxury car market niche. China is also implementing green technology faster than any other country...”

"It is this growth from which Africa will derive benefit. Now is Africa’s time. For many years Africa has been excluded from the economic growth experienced in the more developed world. However, Africa is resource rich, has a growing educated population, and will prove to be the engine that will provide growth to world economies for the next few decades. The benefits to Africa are clear. Resource and infrastructure investment will be followed by the development of a growing industrial and services sector..."

"Mr Fangs says: “The African picture is changing. Spearheading Africa’s aggregate growth performance are the relatively low-cost providers of natural resources that have benefited from the surge in Asian demand. Along with this demand has come the reciprocal development of infrastructure by the likes of China. Physical infrastructure is essential to propel agriculture, manufacturing, services, trade and even human capital enhancements, while rising incomes and rapid industrialization drive demand for electricity, transport, telecoms and housing. Resource and infrastructure investment will leave a legacy that will continue to build and enhance the economic status of the continent, drive economic growth and ultimately benefit the continent’s people.”

http://www.commodities-now.com/news/met ... rowth.html
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Woland wrote:looololol no i mean just like how the land in the american west is owned by a few families. yes, if they want to sell that land one day, they can. to anyone. same shit applies to canada. if the chinese want to build some condos and a ski resort - how is that any different than our own bozos doing it looololol.

and looololol @ balancing the budget. you gotta get rid of that massive deficit before you can balance anything.

Jesus, you're befuddled.
looololol no i mean just like how the land in the american west is owned by a few families.
Oh yeah, the Clampetts have had a stranglehold on that area since Jed struck oil. Hopefully, Jethro won't sell out to the Chinese for a case of whiskey and some magic beans.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

EvilMadman wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:

commodities Now

“China is creating more dollar billionaires than any other country, and this is a sign of a consumer market of some buoyancy. China will soon overtake Japan as the second biggest market in luxury goods,” says Mr George Fang (Standard Bank’s Head of Mining and Metals China)..."

“China is adding infrastructure capacity to link resources in countries as diverse as Mauretania, Sudan, Nigeria, DRC, Gabon, Angola and Zambia. This type of strategy is key to China’s investment on the continent. Thus making the investment viable but also leaving a future economic legacy for the host country, ” says Mr Fang..."

"The scale of China’s urbanisation has never been seen before and is still accelerating. Every year approximately 27 million people move from the countryside to cities. China already has some of the biggest cities in the world, and people are increasingly being attracted not to the massive coastal cities, but to second and even third-tier inland cities. There are 90 cities in China with populations of one million, and these are beginning to feel the influx. Fang said some of the strongest economic growth was occurring here..."

"He gives the example of China’s auto industry. “Decades ago this industry barely existed, yet within three years there will be no significant gap in technology between Chinese domestic cars and their foreign counterparts, except in the luxury car market niche. China is also implementing green technology faster than any other country...”

"It is this growth from which Africa will derive benefit. Now is Africa’s time. For many years Africa has been excluded from the economic growth experienced in the more developed world. However, Africa is resource rich, has a growing educated population, and will prove to be the engine that will provide growth to world economies for the next few decades. The benefits to Africa are clear. Resource and infrastructure investment will be followed by the development of a growing industrial and services sector..."

"Mr Fangs says: “The African picture is changing. Spearheading Africa’s aggregate growth performance are the relatively low-cost providers of natural resources that have benefited from the surge in Asian demand. Along with this demand has come the reciprocal development of infrastructure by the likes of China. Physical infrastructure is essential to propel agriculture, manufacturing, services, trade and even human capital enhancements, while rising incomes and rapid industrialization drive demand for electricity, transport, telecoms and housing. Resource and infrastructure investment will leave a legacy that will continue to build and enhance the economic status of the continent, drive economic growth and ultimately benefit the continent’s people.”

Yep, that's just the way it is too because the media said so.

Know anybody over there? Related to anybody over there?
ImageImageImage
EvilMadman

Post by EvilMadman »

Skate4RnR wrote:
EvilMadman wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:Boy, them commies are more American than I thought. Fuck the poor! Up with the rich!

commodities Now

Yep, that's just the way it is too because the media said so.

Know anybody over there? Related to anybody over there?
Okay, they made it all up cause they thought it would be funny.
It's that wacky Chinese sense of humor again. :roll:

And, yes, for your information, I happen to play basketball with these two every weekend...
http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afr ... -ties.html

:P :lol:
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Yep, that's the whole story right there.
ImageImageImage
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

lerxstcat wrote:That's why they call it a backlash - it reverses an earlier long-term trend. Look at the people in Egypt right now. When they form a new government, 50/50 they look at the Mubarak Egypt national debt and say "Fuck that shit! He was a crook! We aren't paying it!"

eh, if you look at France now... they've been protesting against the Sarkozy presidency ( and its numerous scandals ) for a while. getting rid of the monarchy fixed the royal problem!

i'm all for revolution... but back then, they didn't have tanks and choppers to fight back protestors.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Woland wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:That's why they call it a backlash - it reverses an earlier long-term trend. Look at the people in Egypt right now. When they form a new government, 50/50 they look at the Mubarak Egypt national debt and say "Fuck that shit! He was a crook! We aren't paying it!"

eh, if you look at France now... they've been protesting against the Sarkozy presidency ( and its numerous scandals ) for a while. getting rid of the monarchy fixed the royal problem!

i'm all for revolution... but back then, they didn't have tanks and choppers to fight back protestors.
Right, and as you can see in the ME protests, the military seems reluctant to fire on the protesters just because the regime might want them to do it to keep stablilty. We can only hope that our troops will be similarly reluctant, and let us pull the plutarchs out of their limos and fuck 'em up with our relatively puny small arms.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

American citizens won't be shooting anybody. Our politicians may suck, but they don't compare to the shyster dictators who are hated by their own people. Lets just hope for a better world from all this.