Ron Paul's "Traveler Dignity Act"

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Ron Paul's "Traveler Dignity Act"

Post by crabfan »

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Ron Paul's "Traveler Dignity Act"

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ron Paul and all his looney supporters can go fuck themselves.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Yeah, that Constitution thingy, not to mention the Bill of Rights he supports is so 1776.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

crabfan wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Yeah, that Constitution thingy, not to mention the Bill of Rights he supports is so 1776.
What about his white supremacist friends? You know, the ones who think that Constitution thingy should be reserved for white people. Fuck you for thinking he's the only one who supports the Constitution.
ImageImage
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Assuming you're talking about the Civil Rights Act you need to understand his Libertarian "small government" backround. He would have voted against that particular law because it imposed unfair rules on what private business owners can and can't do on their own property. He wasn't supporting racism. It's all about context.

By the way if you know of any other big players that consider themselves strict followers of the Constitution/Bill of Rights let me know. I don't see any of the sell out's in the GOP or Democrats doing it but I would love to.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote: What about his white supremacist friends?
:lol:
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

crabfan wrote:Assuming you're talking about the Civil Rights Act you need to understand his Libertarian "small government" backround. He would have voted against that particular law because it imposed unfair rules on what private business owners can and can't do on their own property. He wasn't supporting racism. It's all about context.
No, I am referring to literal white supremacists like Don Black and Will Williams whose support and cash donations he enjoys.
crabfan wrote:By the way if you know of any other big players that consider themselves strict followers of the Constitution/Bill of Rights let me know. I don't see any of the sell out's in the GOP or Democrats doing it but I would love to.
What makes a strict follower of the Constitution?(BTW, the Bill of Rights is a part of the Constitution)
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

God I love these threads. This country is in trouble and Ron Paul is the only cowboy man enough to save it. Those Libertarians, they're so fucking awesome.
ImageImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Skate4RnR wrote:God I love these threads. This country is in trouble and Ron Paul is the only cowboy man enough to save it. Those Libertarians, they're so fucking awesome.

Who else is better?
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:God I love these threads. This country is in trouble and Ron Paul is the only cowboy man enough to save it. Those Libertarians, they're so fucking awesome.

Who else is better?
Hmmm.... I wonder....
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/ang ... 32a7da84ca
If you are a critic of the Bush administration, chances are that, at some point over the past six months, Ron Paul has said something that appealed to you. Paul describes himself as a libertarian, but, since his presidential campaign took off earlier this year, the Republican congressman has attracted donations and plaudits from across the ideological spectrum. Antiwar conservatives, disaffected centrists, even young liberal activists have all flocked to Paul, hailing him as a throwback to an earlier age, when politicians were less mealy-mouthed and American government was more modest in its ambitions, both at home and abroad. In The New York Times Magazine, conservative writer Christopher Caldwell gushed that Paul is a “formidable stander on constitutional principle,” while The Nation wrote of “his full-throated rejection of the imperial project in Iraq.” Former TNR editor Andrew Sullivan endorsed Paul for the GOP nomination, and ABC’s Jake Tapper described the candidate as “the one true straight-talker in this race.” Even The Wall Street Journal, the newspaper of the elite bankers whom Paul detests, recently advised other Republican presidential contenders not to “dismiss the passion he’s tapped.”

Most voters had never heard of Paul before he launched his quixotic bid for the Republican nomination. But the Texan has been active in politics for decades. And, long before he was the darling of antiwar activists on the left and right, Paul was in the newsletter business. In the age before blogs, newsletters occupied a prominent place in right-wing political discourse. With the pages of mainstream political magazines typically off-limits to their views (National Review editor William F. Buckley having famously denounced the John Birch Society), hardline conservatives resorted to putting out their own, less glossy publications. These were often paranoid and rambling--dominated by talk of international banking conspiracies, the Trilateral Commission’s plans for world government, and warnings about coming Armageddon--but some of them had wide and devoted audiences. And a few of the most prominent bore the name of Ron Paul.

Paul’s newsletters have carried different titles over the years--Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report--but they generally seem to have been published on a monthly basis since at least 1978. (Paul, an OB-GYN and former U.S. Air Force surgeon, was first elected to Congress in 1976.) During some periods, the newsletters were published by the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education, a nonprofit Paul founded in 1976; at other times, they were published by Ron Paul & Associates, a now-defunct entity in which Paul owned a minority stake, according to his campaign spokesman. The Freedom Report claimed to have over 100,000 readers in 1984. At one point, Ron Paul & Associates also put out a monthly publication called The Ron Paul Investment Letter.

The Freedom Report’s online archives only go back to 1999, but I was curious to see older editions of Paul’s newsletters, in part because of a controversy dating to 1996, when Charles “Lefty” Morris, a Democrat running against Paul for a House seat, released excerpts stating that “opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions,” that “if you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be,” and that black representative Barbara Jordan is “the archetypical half-educated victimologist” whose “race and sex protect her from criticism.” At the time, Paul’s campaign said that Morris had quoted the newsletter out of context. Later, in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actual bylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul’s explanation believable, “since the style diverges widely from his own.”

Finding the pre-1999 newsletters was no easy task, but I was able to track many of them down at the libraries of the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society. Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earlier newsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain no bylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylined newsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.

But, whoever actually wrote them, the newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul’s name, and the articles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they were written by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays. In short, they suggest that Ron Paul is not the plain-speaking antiwar activist his supporters believe they are backing--but rather a member in good standing of some of the oldest and ugliest traditions in American politics.
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/ron-paul ... wsletters/
Paul says he didn’t write the letters, that he denounces the words that appeared in them, that he was unaware for decades of what 100,000 people were receiving every month from him. That’s an odd claim on which to run for president: I didn’t know what my closest associates were doing over my signature, so give me responsibility for the federal government.
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

:lol:

all of this newsletter bullshit was debunked 4 years ago...

anyway..don't you estalishment loving types worry about Dr. Paul. No honest man will ever be President. The corporations won't allow it. You have to be able to lie to the American people with a straight face in order to be the Prez and Dr. Paul lacks that ability.

So, we will get another lying, cheating, corporate cock sucking, war monger for President..

and we will decline even further as a nation..

GO USA!! Woo Hoo!! We're number 1 Woo Hoo..
bonedog69
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog69 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Why dont you fucking move to China where you will be happy living under a communist dictatorship.
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If Muppet Butt's writing was a literary movement, it would be considered post-retarded.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote::lol:

Are you saying those newsletters never existed? Are you saying they were not filled with racist propaganda? Are you saying that they were not published under Rep. Paul's name? Are you saying that his denials of authorship or even knowledge of the content is false? What are you saying?
anyway..don't you estalishment loving types worry about Dr. Paul. No honest man will ever be President. The corporations won't allow it. You have to be able to lie to the American people with a straight face in order to be the Prez and Dr. Paul lacks that ability.

So, we will get another lying, cheating, corporate cock sucking, war monger for President..

No honest man will be president. Neither will Rep. Paul, because he also lacks the ability to judge character to prevent himself from being surrounded by scumbags and apparently also lacks the ability to manage his affairs sufficiently to keep his close associates from tarnishing his reputation with the patina of racism.
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:

Are you saying those newsletters never existed? Are you saying they were not filled with racist propaganda? Are you saying that they were not published under Rep. Paul's name? Are you saying that his denials of authorship or even knowledge of the content is false? What are you saying?

No honest man will be president. Neither will Rep. Paul, because he also lacks the ability to judge character to prevent himself from being surrounded by scumbags and apparently also lacks the ability to manage his affairs sufficiently to keep his close associates from tarnishing his reputation with the patina of racism.

Well,
George W Bush's entire cabinet from Cheney down... were world class scumbags ,lying peice of shit scumbags I might add...W still got elected, so let's not talk about character...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Ron Paul ain't got no love for them darkies.
ImageImageImage
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote:

Well,
George W Bush's entire cabinet from Cheney down... were world class scumbags ,lying peice of shit scumbags I might add...W still got elected, so let's not talk about character...
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

:lol: deflection?

just the facts ma'am.

You're right..Ron Paul will never be president but to be clear..
Character is not a requirement to be president..hello....

How far do you want to go back?
Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon...ALL liars and cheats....Ronald( I don't recall) Reagen, George HW ( no new taxes) Bush, Bill(I did not have sex with that woman) Clinton, George W(the W stands for Weapons of mass destruction) Bush,...
Please..ALL liars and cheats...Deflecting my ass...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

But Ron Paul is salt of the Earth.
ImageImageImage
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote::lol: deflection?

just the facts ma'am.

Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon...ALL liars and cheats....Ronald( I don't recall) Reagen, George HW ( no new taxes) Bush, Bill(I did not have sex with that woman) Clinton, George W(the W stands for Weapons of mass destruction) Bush,...
Jesus fucking Christ. No one is claiming he is worse than the rest, just he's no better. You clowns actually think Ron Paul is the Messiah of US politics, the Savior America needs. :lol: :roll:
ImageImage
bonedog69
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog69 »

just the facts ma'am.

Jesus fucking Christ. No one is claiming he is worse than the rest, just he's no better. You clowns actually think Ron Paul is the Messiah of US politics, the Savior America needs. :lol: :roll:
He is a hell of a lot better than the Republicans and Democrats we have had over the past 21 years. Our country is in dire need of a Libertarian leader who understands limited government and lower taxes.
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If Muppet Butt's writing was a literary movement, it would be considered post-retarded.
NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

If he had any balls at all, he'd tell the Republican Party to go fuck themselves. Until he does, he's no better than the rest of them. He won't though.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

bonedog69 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Why dont you fucking move to China where you will be happy living under a communist dictatorship.

heh...like Rupert Murdoch? He built a mansion there.

And what Nick said.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

just the facts ma'am.

no..
YOU said he lacked character and judgement...I was merely pointing out that no president in the passed 50 years had any character or good judgement.

Ron Paul is a better man than ALL of them IMO.

And yes..you are correct..I do think that Ron Paul could save the USA from it's current course of self destruction if given the opportunity.

Is he the messiah?..No silly..there's no such thing.
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

watch without prejudice...

http://youtu.be/V36MT5lAMrc
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I don't have any reason to believe that Ron Paul is a better man than Ronald Reagan.
ImageImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

1. Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As governor of California, Reagan “signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years. As former GOP Senator Alan Simpson, who called Reagan “a dear friend,” told NPR, “Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times in his administration

2. Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit. During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion, “roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether.” Reagan enacted a major tax cut his first year in office and government revenue dropped off precipitously. Despite the conservative myth that tax cuts somehow increase revenue, the government went deeper into debt and Reagan had to raise taxes just a year after he enacted his tax cut. Despite ten more tax hikes on everything from gasoline to corporate income, Reagan was never able to get the deficit under control.

3. Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level. Meanwhile, income inequality exploded. Despite the myth that Reagan presided over an era of unmatched economic boom for all Americans, Reagan disproportionately taxed the poor and middle class, but the economic growth of the 1980′s did little help them. “Since 1980, median household income has risen only 30 percent, adjusted for inflation, while average incomes at the top have tripled or quadrupled,

4. Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously. Reagan promised “to move boldly, decisively, and quickly to control the runaway growth of federal spending,” but federal spending “ballooned” under Reagan. He bailed out Social Security in 1983 after attempting to privatize it, and set up a progressive taxation system to keep it funded into the future. He promised to cut government agencies like the Department of Energy and Education but ended up adding one of the largest — the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, which today has a budget of nearly $90 billion and close to 300,000 employees. He also hiked defense spending by over $100 billion a year to a level not seen since the height of the Vietnam war.

5. Reagan did little to fight a woman’s right to choose. As governor of California in 1967, Reagan signed a bill to liberalize the state’s abortion laws that “resulted in more than a million abortions.” When Reagan ran for president, he advocated a constitutional amendment that would have prohibited all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother, but once in office, he “never seriously pursued” curbing choice.

6. Reagan was a “bellicose peacenik.” He wrote in his memoirs that “my dream…became a world free of nuclear weapons.” “This vision stemmed from the president’s belief that the biblical account of Armageddon prophesied nuclear war — and that apocalypse could be averted if everyone, especially the Soviets, eliminated nuclear weapons,” the Washington Monthly noted. And Reagan’s military buildup was meant to crush the Soviet Union, but “also to put the United States in a stronger position from which to establish effective arms control” for the the entire world — a vision acted out by Regean’s vice president, George H.W. Bush, when he became president.

7. Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented immigrants. Reagan signed into law a bill that made any immigrant who had entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty. The bill was sold as a crackdown, but its tough sanctions on employers who hired undocumented immigrants were removed before final passage. The bill helped 3 million people and millions more family members gain American residency. It has since become a source of major embarrassment for conservatives.

8. Reagan illegally funneled weapons to Iran. Reagan and other senior U.S. officials secretly sold arms to officials in Iran, which was subject to a an arms embargo at the time, in exchange for American hostages. Some funds from the illegal arms sales also went to fund anti-Communist rebels in Nicaragua — something Congress had already prohibited the administration from doing. When the deals went public, the Iran-Contra Affair, as it came to be know, was an enormous political scandal that forced several senior administration officials to resign.

9. Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act. which placed sanctions on South Africa and cut off all American trade with the country. Reagan’s veto was overridden by the Republican-controlled Senate. Reagan responded by saying “I deeply regret that Congress has seen fit to override my veto,” saying that the law “will not solve the serious problems that plague that country.”

10. Reagan helped create the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. Reagan fought a proxy war with the Soviet Union by training, arming, equipping, and funding Islamist mujahidin fighters in Afghanistan. Reagan funneled billions of dollars, along with top-secret intelligence and sophisticated weaponry to these fighters through the Pakistani intelligence service. The Talbian and Osama Bin Laden — a prominent mujahidin commander — emerged from these mujahidin groups Reagan helped create, and U.S. policy towards Pakistan remains strained because of the intelligence services’ close relations to these fighters. In fact, Reagan’s decision to continue the proxy war after the Soviets were willing to retreat played a direct role in Bin Laden’s ascendancy.

Yep...Reagan was great! :roll:
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Reagan famously declared at his 1981 inauguration that "in the present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." This rhetorical flourish didn't stop the 40th president from increasing the federal government's size by every possible measure during his eight years in office.

pfft... :roll:
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

In my short life, I've taken orders from only three men, living or dead: My own father, God, and Ronald Reagan.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Ronald Reagan was the first occupant of the White House to make politics just another form of show business and was buried as a hero despite having been one of the worst presidents America ever had.

True, he was not as corrupt as Nixon or Clinton, nor as gleefully imperial as George Bush the Lesser, and the damage he did was largely unintentional, the fatal mischief of a small minded man granted too much power.

But the result was to begin the decline and fall of the first American republic by convincing its leaders, media, and citizens that the main thing they needed for happiness was a free, unfettered market accompanied by sufficient faux cowboy rhetoric. That there was never any empirical evidence for the absurd economic assumptions didn't matter; his charm sufficed where logic failed.

A quarter century later we are left with a middle class with substantially greater problems, a lower class far more ignored, an ecology far more damaged, a much larger gap between rich and poor and between CEO and employee, Medicare and Social Security in danger, and a culture of greed and narcissism that has buried ideals of democracy, community, and cooperation.

The nausea-inducing elevation of Reagan into someone he never was is another triumph of rightwing spin being swallowed whole by a media that not only doesn't know the facts, it doesn't even think it has to, for it, too, has become just another part of show business.

8)
Scoundrel
I Put The Sexy In Dyslexia

Post by Scoundrel »

"Free Market lover" Reagan imposed import quotas on foreign sugar to satisfy protectionist sugar lobbyists thus jacking up the price and forcing snack companies to switch over to the cheaper high fructose corn syrup.

Now everyone has diabetes.
TheMightyMaiden wrote: At some point you think "what the fuck am I doing" when you can't tell the cadaver's ass from his face because of all the dissection you do.