George W. Bush...Have you Noticed?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

George W. Bush...Have you Noticed?

Post by NeilC »

I know I'll get plenty of jokes, insults, etc. But for serious people I am curious. I have seen him in interviews post--presidency and he seems absolutely at ease. Calm with what he did/what he tried to do in office. The thing is, is I can't tell if because of his faith or he just came to terms with it or what, but is he really at peace or do you think he is lying? I really can't tell. Yes, he left the country's economy in the toilet, he was crappy on immigration, etc. but I can't tell if he realizes the extent of what his term meant to him or does he think, "Hey, it doesn't really matter to me because I am set for life either way." He strikes me on a personal level as somewhat smart and friendly. I am just curious to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: George W. Bush...Have you Noticed?

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

NeilC wrote:Yes, he left the country's economy in the toilet,

He didn't do that alone, he had Democrats in congress to help him out. Clinton even helped him out when the Glass–Steagall Act was torn apart.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Cotton-Gin
Playing in a Garage

Post by Cotton-Gin »

gooble gobble gooble gobble
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

AliceManson wrote:

He didn't do that alone, he had Democrats in congress to help him out. Clinton even helped him out when the Glass–Steagall Act was torn apart.
It's all working out even... The Republitards in congress are doing the same to help Obama fix those problems..
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

AliceManson wrote: He didn't do that alone, he had Democrats in congress to help him out. Clinton even helped him out when the Glass–Steagall Act was torn apart.
LMFAO, it was called The Bush Boom. He took all the credit for the housing boom in his speech at the 2004 GOP convention. He did not give credit to the Democrats who were the minority party in Congress at the time. He did not give credit to Clinton. He took ALL the credit and the GOP gave him ALL the credit. If credit was shared, then blame can be shared. When credit is not shared, blame is not shared.

Here are his exact words:

"Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all- time high.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home.""

Hear for yourself in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ag29b_-lg

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
AliceManson wrote: He didn't do that alone, he had Democrats in congress to help him out. Clinton even helped him out when the Glass–Steagall Act was torn apart.
LMFAO, it was called The Bush Boom. He took all the credit for the housing boom in his speech at the 2004 GOP convention. He did not give credit to the Democrats who were the minority party in Congress at the time. He did not give credit to Clinton. He took ALL the credit and the GOP gave him ALL the credit. If credit was shared, then blame can be shared. When credit is not shared, blame is not shared.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home.""

You are a fucking idiot.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Luminiferous wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

It's all working out even... The Republitards in congress are doing the same to help Obama fix those problems..

Obama, Bush. Is there even a difference between the two Presidents?
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

I think he's come to terms with who/what he is, a millstone in history.
While most ex-presidents go on to give speeches for big bucks, his first one was at a high school, for LOW bucks.
He seems to be keeping a pretty low profile. Maybe that's because he doesn't have Chaney's hand up his ass any more.

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

AliceManson wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

You are a fucking idiot.
Your clever and concise analysis backed up by facts, statistics and quotations has swayed my opinion.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Oh yeah, a person like him is really capable of feeling guilty of slaughtering A-rabs like pigs in a factory farm. I mean, his wife comforts him by saying "I know, when I killed my first boyfriend...".
ImageImageImage
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

AliceManson wrote:

One has longer hair.
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

AliceManson wrote:

Yes, one is a democrat and one is a republican.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Nemesis wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

And when you take the smoke and mirrors away, what is the difference between the two parties?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

AliceManson wrote:
Not really. They both burn through dough like NBA players.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

AliceManson wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

And when you take the smoke and mirrors away, what is the difference between the two parties?
Nothing.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

One blow hard book deserves another...
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

AliceManson wrote:

Yeah, Obama is at least half way decent where Bush sucked fucking ass. Raise taxes on the upper 1% and bring on the second stimulus bitches!
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

Yeah, Obama is at least half way decent where Bush sucked fucking ass. Raise taxes on the upper 1% and bring on the second stimulus bitches!

How can one be decent and one suck ass, when they have the same agenda and the same puppetmasters pulling their strings?
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

Sir Elton John met President Bush in 2004 at the Kennedy Honors Center and credits him with doing more than any other president for the AIDS cause. From Yahoo:

“At the Kennedy Center concert we spent some time in the intermission with the President, George Bush, and he was an amazingly informed about AIDS,” John recounted. “He treated us with such kindness. I had so much respect for him, especially when the PEPFAR thing was announced when he gave 15 billion dollars to AIDS. He knew what he was talking about.”

And:

“One of the old adages in life is never judge someone until you meet them,” John said. “I didn’t like his policies but I have to say when I met him, I found him charming, I found him well informed and I found him determined to do something about the AIDS situation so I changed my opinion of him. And his wife was astonishingly kind to us well. So it was — I learned a lesson.”

“We’ve seen George W. Bush and conservative American politicians pledge tens of billions to save the lives of Africans with HIV. Think of all the love. Think of where we’d be without it, nowhere, that’s where. We’d be nowhere at all.”