Clinton: I Thought Obama 'Was Going to Cry'

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Clinton: I Thought Obama 'Was Going to Cry'

Post by Nevermind »

At a campaign event for Barack Obama's reelection campaign, Bill Clinton said that Mitt Romney's argument "is true, we're not fixed":

"Governor Romney's argument is, we're not fixed, so fire him and put me in," said Clinton. "It is true we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said in the debate, I had so much hope four years ago and I don't now, I thought he was going to cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed."

A Romney spokesman comments: "We agree with former President Bill Clinton. The economy has not been fixed under President Barack Obama. Today, more than 23 million Americans are struggling for work, poverty has increased and food stamps are at record levels. Mitt Romney believes we can do better by creating 12 million new jobs with higher take-home pay, cutting spending to put our nation on course for a balanced budget, and actually fixing our economy."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bil ... 54893.html
Stoner
Queen Bee

Re: Clinton: I Thought Obama 'Was Going to Cry'

Post by Stoner »

Parsing bullshit.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Nevermind wrote: Today, more than 23 million Americans are struggling for work
Down from 27 million in Oct 2009.

Oct 2009:
unemployed: 15421
pt econ reasons: 9047
marginally attached: 2373
Total: 26.84 million in Oct 2009.

Sept 2012:
unemployed: 12088
pt econ reasons: 8613
marginally attached: 2517
Total: 23.21 million in Sept 2012
Nevermind wrote:poverty has increased and food stamps are at record levels.
Poverty has been increasing for a decade. Number living below poverty increased 32% under Bush.

Pop. below poverty/Poverty rate
2001: 32,907 11.7%
2005: 36,950 12.6%
2009: 43,569 14.3%
2011: 46,247 15%

Nevermind wrote: Mitt Romney believes we can do better by creating 12 million new jobs with higher take-home pay, cutting spending to put our nation on course for a balanced budget, and actually fixing our economy.
That statement makes no sense since Mitt Romney believes cutting govt spending will kill jobs. From the 2012 GOP convention:

"His trillion dollar cuts to our military will eliminate hundreds of thousands of jobs"

Romney's plan for the economy is exactly the same as what failed under Bush.

Romney's 5 point plan:

And unlike the president, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. It has 5 steps.

[1] First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

[2] Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

[3] Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

[4] Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

[5] And fifth, we will champion SMALL businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.

Bush's economic plan from 2004 GOP convention:

To create more jobs in America, America must be the best place in the world to do business.

[5] To create jobs, my plan will encourage investment and expansion by restraining federal spending, reducing regulation and making the tax relief permanent.

[1] To create jobs, we will make our country less dependent on foreign sources of energy.

[3] To create jobs, we will expand trade and level the playing field to sell American goods and services across the globe.

[5] And we must protect small-business owners and workers from the explosion of frivolous lawsuits that threaten jobs across our country. Another drag on our economy is the current tax code, which is a complicated mess...

[4] To be fair, there are some things my opponent is for. He's proposed more than $2 trillion in new federal spending so far, and that's a lot, even for a senator from Massachusetts.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Stoner wrote:Parsing bullshit.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

In 2008, The Repubs knew they were gonna lose so they screwed everything up as mucvh as they could before going out. Then the elite put in a guy with no experience so they could steal blindly by the back door. :lol:

Obama is a stupid communist dreamer but the repubs know how to rig the game without the sheeps noticing!!!

Im keeping the same prediction : Romney wins by 5 points!!!
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

Constantine wrote: In 2008, The Repubs knew they were gonna lose so they screwed everything up as mucvh as they could before going out. Then the elite put in a guy with no experience so they could steal blindly by the back door. :lol:

Obama is a stupid communist dreamer but the repubs know how to rig the game without the sheeps noticing!!!

Im keeping the same prediction : Romney wins by 5 points!!!

The polls are amazingly close... Too close to call. I will say this... The ONLY people to ever unseat a sitting president were either governors or former governors. Reagan was a former governor and he took out Carter, Clinton was a sitting governor and he took out Bush. Romney is a former governor, so historically he's got a pretty good shot at the title.
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

Unbelievable that Romney is ahead in any poll in Pennsylvania. Never really expected it to be in play. Still interested to see if the polls tighten up after Obama's performance in the debate this week.

tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

FullMetalWhackit wrote:Unbelievable that Romney is ahead in any poll in Pennsylvania. Never really expected it to be in play. Still interested to see if the polls tighten up after Obama's performance in the debate this week.
Agree on all that. I think Mitt has put himself in the same game as Obama as far as people believing his is presidential. He isn't the monster they tried to make him out to be and he did a great showing who he is in those debates. I don't think his surge is a fluke. Its about policy now.
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

FullMetalWhackit wrote:Unbelievable that Romney is ahead in any poll in Pennsylvania. Never really expected it to be in play. Still interested to see if the polls tighten up after Obama's performance in the debate this week.
What?? Obama is ahead in PA by 5.0 and will most likely win there!
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

RATTrules wrote:
What?? Obama is ahead in PA by 5.0 and will most likely win there!
RCP shows it as a toss up now, sweetheart. What a difference a few debates make. Unless Mitt is found with a dead girl or a live boy he's going to roll over more swing states than you ever thought possible. He has momentum, the endorsements are rolling in and even the liberal press is starting to warm up to him. AND he has two secret weapons. His wife just kicked the shit out of those cackeling hens on The View and Joe Biden keeps talking...

Read it and weep. Outlier? Maybe, but dems have to spend money there now opening up new roads for Romney.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-show ... ICHI-xPE1o

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner.

Romney isn't spending much time or money in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican presidential candidate since 1988.

Every other Pennsylvania poll shows Obama ahead, though by a narrowing margin. A Quinnipiac University poll taken around the same time as the Susquehanna poll shows Obama leading Romney 50 percent to 46 percent.

Susquehanna's automated poll of 1,376 likely voters was taken between Oct. 11 and 13, before the second presidential debate Tuesday that many saw as a comeback for Obama since his Oct. 3 showdown with Romney.

Lee said Romney has made significant gains in the all-important suburbs of Philadelphia, a ring of counties that helped push Obama to victory in 2008.

"Republicans haven't been able to do that in 20 years," Lee said. "Romney has made some major inroads."

Lee said Romney also gained ground in western Pennsylvania, where socially conservative, blue-collar Democrats have turned their backs on Obama.

Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weighs its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Weighting results in Pennsylvania is particularly important, Lee said, "because we know with a pretty good degree of certainty how many registered Republicans and Democrats are going to show up" on Election Day.
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

WRONG moron! The just said on the news that all Obama needs is Ohio, Wisconsin, and Iowa and he's at 271 electoral votes and sends Vomit packing! The President leads in all 3 states! He could literally lose every other swing state but still wins the presidency so a very difficult road for Vomit! :lol:
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

The Washington Examiner, really?

Maybe I'll just start posting articles from The Daily Kos.
:lol:
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

The said on the news tonight here in Colorado Springs that more Republicans have mailed in their ballots. They also said a few days ago that Romney was leading in the state. God I hope he doesn't get elected.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Nemesis wrote:The said on the news tonight here in Colorado Springs that more Republicans have mailed in their ballots. They also said a few days ago that Romney was leading in the state. God I hope he doesn't get elected.
I think he has Colorado and Florida all but locked up. He needs to close the 2.5 gap in Ohio, within the margin of error, and its over. He can get it without Ohio but it would be quite the magic trick.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

tylamonroe wrote: He needs to close the 2.5 gap in Ohio, within the margin of error, and its over.
He's outside the margin of error. Obama is up 2.6% RCP average.

RCP has 8 polls listed for Ohio. The margin of error is calculated by (number of respondents)^-1/2. So if each of those polls has 1000 respondents, then the margin of error is 1.1% for the average while it's 3.1% for the individual polls.

Romney is only leading in one poll and that was taken before Romney lost the second debate.

Ohio
RCP Average 10/5 - 10/19 Obama +2.6
Gravis Marketing 10/18 - 10/19 Tie
FOX News 10/17 - 10/18 Obama +3
Rasmussen Reports 10/17 - 10/17 Obama +1
SurveyUSA 10/12 - 10/15 Obama +3
PPP (D) 10/12 - 10/13 Obama +5
NBC/WSJ/Marist 10/7 - 10/9 Obama +6

ARG 10/5 - 10/8 Romney +1
CNN/Opinion Research 10/5 - 10/8 Obama +4
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

2.1 RCP avg. today with the most recent Gravis showing a tie and PPP(D) showing a 1 point lead for Obama.

Slow and steady.

Those binders full of women don't seem to be slowing him down. They must be Trapper Keepers. Those things rock ass.