Do You Trust Mormons

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Do You Trust Mormons

Post by vanitybinge »

Do you trust the Mormons? Why would you? You don't think one of the richest churches in the nation is doing everything in their self-centered power to buy Romney into the White House?

Think about it. You can't trust the fucking Mormons.
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
HerveVillechaizeLounge
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: Do You Trust Mormons

Post by HerveVillechaizeLounge »

Really? This is what you post? This is all you've got? :roll:

Fucking idiot.
Stoner wrote:When in doubt, give 'em AIDS.
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Nice folks but their theology is way out of left field.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

No, no, no...it's not the Mormons, it's the joos. And the Lizard Men. And the Illuminati.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

vanitybinge wrote:Do you trust the Mormons? Why would you? You don't think one of the richest churches in the nation is doing everything in their self-centered power to buy Romney into the White House?

Think about it. You can't trust the fucking Mormons.
They wont have a blank check trust me!
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HerveVillechaizeLounge wrote:Really? This is what you post? This is all you've got? :roll:

Fucking idiot.
Is that all you've got? :roll:
http://www.mormonthink.com/lying.htm
The following was written by Ken Clark for MormonThink. Ken worked full time for the LDS Church Education System (CES) for 27 years. He also served as a bishop; a calling he enjoyed as much as full time instructor and Coordinator for the Church Education System. He loved (and still loves) the students and the ward members.
I believed a list of prevarications presented in the proper context would prove that lying wasn't actually lying. Instead the list would prove that a perceived lie was probably a misunderstanding, a remark out of context or a deliberate misinterpretation of historical events. My belief was that those who accused church leaders with deception were deceivers themselves; they twisted words and took remarks out of context. But as I read more church history my list grew, and at some point it occurred to me that a pattern of institutionalized deception had been established by Joseph Smith. Subsequent church leaders, including those who serve currently, followed Smith's example of lying to protect the church. The growing evidence pointed to a standard practice.

Evidence presented in this essay establishes that when the church image or its leaders needed protection it was and is, okay to fib, deceive, distort, inflate, minimize, exaggerate, prevaricate or lie. You will read quotations by church leaders who admitted that deception is a useful tool to protect the church and its leaders "when they are in a tight spot," or "to beat the devil at his own game." They admit engaging in moral gymnastics; that God approves of deception - if it's done to protect the "Lord's Church" or "the brethren" as the leaders are called.

I was stunned after I learned these uncomfortable truths. I had naively believed that when church leaders transgressed, they followed the required steps of repentance, as taught to members and investigators. I believed they had the courage to face their mistakes and confess their shortcomings, no matter what the consequences; to live the same standards they set for the members. I believed they were completely honest.

D. Michael Quinn called the use of deception by LDS church leaders, "theocratic ethics." (The Mormon Hierarchy: Origins of Power, page 112) Smith lied to protect himself or the church; which was an extension of himself. Dan Vogel in his excellent work, Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet, described Smith's viewpoint; he was a pious deceiver. Smith used deception if in his mind; it resulted in a good outcome. Smith had Moroni, an ancient American prophet and custodian of the gold plates declare, "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. ( Moroni 4:11-12). Translation: if deception was necessary to do good, or bring a soul to Christ, then it was worth it, as long as God approves. Smith believed he knew when God approved of lying.
Fucking idiot.
ImageImage
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

I trust Mormons, especially as far as kindness goes. In the 1800s and early 1900s, they treated Native Americans better than most other folks in the west.
I don't trust Romney though, because I think his lust for power overshadows any other convictions he may have.
Power corrupts.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote: I don't trust Romney though, because I think his lust for power overshadows any other convictions he may have.
Power corrupts.
And Obama is different how?
Danzig in the Dark

Dr J Jones wrote:
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote: I don't trust Romney though, because I think his lust for power overshadows any other convictions he may have.
Power corrupts.
He's black and not a Mormon.
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:
Power corrupts.

and that's about it....
friendshipismagic
Headlining Clubs

Post by friendshipismagic »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:I trust Mormons, especially as far as kindness goes. In the 1800s and early 1900s, they treated Native Americans better than most other folks
was that before or after they disguised themselves as indians and slaughtered men women and children to avenge josephs smiths death at the hands of an angry mob? joseph smith was murdered after he had a bunch of his followers burn a fellow mormons printing factory after he threatened to expose him for practicing polygamy and forcing 14 year old girls into marriage. before making up the book of mormon joseph smith convinced entire towns of people that he had a magic stone that would seek out gold. why would you trust or vote for someone who follows a religion started by this con artist pedophile.
exitfagger wrote:Yes, I know a chick that used to be Billy Gibbons' girlfriend.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

friendshipismagic wrote:why would you trust or vote for someone who follows a religion started by this con artist pedophile.
When the fuck did Tom Cruise enter the race?!
Danzig in the Dark

Dr J Jones wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:

and that's about it....
Thank you for that thought provoking and insightful analysis. :lol:

If you've ever had an original thought, it's never was one worth sharing. You parrot the same trite and tired phrases repeatedly yet have the nerve to call others sheep.
ImageImage
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

HELL NO! Mormons have crazy delusional beliefs! Of course regular Christians are no better but still!

He believes that Jesus Christ is Satan's brother.

He believes that God lives near a planet called "Kolob."

He believes in baptizing dead people.

He believes that Jesus is married to a goddess wife.

He believes that The Garden of Eden was in Missouri.

He believes that it was impossible for Negroes to go to Heaven before 1978.

He believes that Jesus has children from his wife or wives.

He believes that he is going to become a god.

He believes he will own his own personal planet after he dies.

He believes the real Christian God is not eternal but rather that He was once a man on some other planet besides Earth! He believes he needs to wear magical underwear created by Mormons and he is never to take it off unless he is bathing. He believes it is a sin to drink anything containing caffeine. And that even includes True American™ drinks like Coca-Cola! He believes children between the ages of 18-21 should wear name badges, ride bicycles and always smile.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

friendshipismagic wrote:
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:I trust Mormons, especially as far as kindness goes. In the 1800s and early 1900s, they treated Native Americans better than most other folks
was that before or after they disguised themselves as indians and slaughtered men women and children to avenge josephs smiths death at the hands of an angry mob? joseph smith was murdered after he had a bunch of his followers burn a fellow mormons printing factory after he threatened to expose him for practicing polygamy and forcing 14 year old girls into marriage. before making up the book of mormon joseph smith convinced entire towns of people that he had a magic stone that would seek out gold. why would you trust or vote for someone who follows a religion started by this con artist pedophile.
I never said I was voting for a Mormon.
My post was based on Mormons who owned trading posts in the west. They offered shelter and comfort for Native Americans who were shunned by others. I've also noticed that Salt Lake City is full of homeless people who depend on the kindness of local residents. I'm not going to pass judgement on every single Mormon because of the spiritual belief system. There are assholes in every religion.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

I think everyone gets stuck with whatever religion they are born with, so its never been an issue for me.

I do admire those that walk the walk, though. Its very hard to be a religious person in America today. As the original question would suggest.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I think anybody who takes religion too seriously is pretty fucking nuts. I'd like to think Obama is really an atheist who just pretends to be churched to keep the populace happy.

Mormonism is absolutely ridiculous but I'm more bothered by the fact that Romney has never had a drink.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

RATTrules, do you really think that Christianity makes any more logical sense than Mormonism?

All religions are fantastical and crazy - that's why they require faith.
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Stoner wrote:RATTrules, do you really think that Christianity makes any more logical sense than Mormonism?

All religions are fantastical and crazy - that's why they require faith.
I TOTALLY agree! But most Christians have become tolerant due to out principles of freedom but Moronism is still more of a cult! See the crazy definition of Christianity below:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yeah, makes perfect sense. :lol:
Danzig in the Dark

Crazy Levi wrote:I think anybody who takes religion too seriously is pretty fucking nuts. I'd like to think Obama is really an atheist who just pretends to be churched to keep the populace happy.

Mormonism is absolutely ridiculous but I'm more bothered by the fact that Romney has never had a drink.
Of course he won't drink. The stakes are higher for Mormons.
ImageImage
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

I have to say that I've never met a Mormon who wasn't a decent human being. In fact, they are some of the nicest and kindest people I've ever encountered.

Can't say the same thing about Christians.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

crabfan wrote:Nice folks but their theology is way out of left field.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

Fuck your judgmental bullshit and fuck your arrogance that you have the truth. You think you do but you don't.
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:I trust Mormons, especially as far as kindness goes. In the 1800s and early 1900s, they treated Native Americans better than most other folks in the west.
I don't trust Romney though, because I think his lust for power overshadows any other convictions he may have.
Power corrupts.
That's cool, how did they treat niggers up until say the 1960's?
tylamonroe wrote:
friendshipismagic wrote:why would you trust or vote for someone who follows a religion started by this con artist pedophile.
When the fuck did Tom Cruise enter the race?!
:lol: Tom has talent!

I don't have a problem with Mitty because he's a Mormon.
ImageImageImage
TheMightyMaiden
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TheMightyMaiden »

Stoner wrote:I have to say that I've never met a Mormon who wasn't a decent human being. In fact, they are some of the nicest and kindest people I've ever encountered.

Mormons are Christians

P.S. I'm male
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Skate4RnR wrote:
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:I trust Mormons, especially as far as kindness goes. In the 1800s and early 1900s, they treated Native Americans better than most other folks in the west.
Power corrupts.
That's cool, how did they treat niggers up until say the 1960's?
You bring up a very good point. I think basketball was the main thrust in the "attitude" change.

crabfan

Post by crabfan »

TheMightyMaiden wrote:
Stoner wrote:I have to say that I've never met a Mormon who wasn't a decent human being. In fact, they are some of the nicest and kindest people I've ever encountered.

Mormons are Christians
Umm, actually their theology is far from biblical Christianity.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

It's a whole book that God left out and brought us later on.
ImageImageImage
TheMightyMaiden
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TheMightyMaiden »

crabfan wrote:
TheMightyMaiden wrote:

Mormons are Christians
Umm, actually their theology is far from biblical Christianity.
Go look it up?

P.S. I'm male
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Mighty Maiden: With all due respect, just google "difference between Mormons and Biblical Christianity." The don't hold to basic Christian doctrine and the "Jesus" they believe in is not the same as the Jesus of Christianity. in fact, their theology would be considered heresy. Just because they claim to be Christians because they use Jesus in their religion's name doesn't make them Christians from a biblical perspective.

Nice people, yes. Christians, no. Mormons beliefs are unique to themselves.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

All of the main denominations of Christianity, including Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, and most mainline Protestant and Evangelical Churches view Mormonism as heterodox enough to be outside the realm of ecumenism. Meaning Mormons consider themselves Christians, but no other Christians do, at least officially. That doesn't mean there isn't interfaith dialogue and cooperation, but their beliefs on fundamental doctrine and additions to scripture are not in line with the last 2000 years of Christianity.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Skate: I appreciate you man! You know, my initial "off the cuff" statement in this thread was not said with an attitude of "gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15). It was not intended in the way you took it but I can see how it could be. So with full humility, I apologize for that and I'm glad God is using people on Metal Sludge to refine my walk with Him. :-)

God bless, brotha.