This lady - WIN of the year

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ROADHEAD
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

This lady - WIN of the year

Post by ROADHEAD »

Danzig in the Dark

Re: This lady - WIN of the year

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Roadhead, what did you take out of this?
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Notorious Islamophobe. The organization she runs is aggressively anti-Islam.

No idea where she got her numbers ("all intelligence services") but Gallup says the numbers are more like 7% extremist, 93% moderate.

http://www.gallup.com/press/110521/Mode ... World.aspx

Her notion that we're at war with 300 million extremists is ludicrous. It ignores the difference between a belief and an act, first of all.

Her examples, in spite of being said very loudly, are irrelevant here. Anti-Nazi, everyday Germans should have risen up against the Nazis? Exactly HOW? They slaughtered political dissidents. And what were the numbers there? She offers none of those things and makes every atrocity an equivalent of the others, ignoring every other factor than right vs. wrong.

I admit, the loud woman probably "won" over the meek Muslim woman at the Heritage Foundation gathering to discuss Benghazi. She would've been clowned in a venue that wasn't insane to begin with.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Hollywood's Burning
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

That ladys rant made the panel shows over here - the consensus being that she was very articulately (but rather shouty) delivering bullshit, as very little of what he was huffing about was factual, ESPECIALLY her "stats".

So what did you like about it, Roadhead?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Hollywood's Burning wrote:
So what did you like about it, Roadhead?
IT WAS SOMETHING SAID REALLY LOUD AND OBNOXIOUSLY THAT REINFORCED MY BELIEFS SO I LOVE IT. NO NEED TO THINK OR SPEAK FOR MYSELF WHEN IDIOTS ARE DOING IT FOR ME!
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

She also treats that woman like a piece of shit, with obvious disdain. Her implication is that people like her let the holocaust happen.

Meanwhile, all she does is spout rhetoric. I don't see her over there fighting Islamic extremists.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:I don't see her over there fighting Islamic extremists.
She's right in ROADHEAD's wheelhouse, obviously.
Hollywood's Burning
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

What's alarming is that people can be suckered in by that approach - just say it loud enough, appear to shout down your opponent and cite wholly fictitious "stats" to reinforce the smokescreen, and the sheepy element will line up and pledge their support.

All it takes is a little research to debunk - not a single one of her alleged "stats" were real. But then she's aiming directly at the demographic who don't do things like verify anything "because she sure sounded convincing to me". Are people really still dumb enough to accept things at face value in 2014? It looks like they are, and that's fucking demoralizing.

Wake up.