Wow

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Re: Wow

Post by pooldude »

Count me among the 50%. :P
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

The only Presidential poll that really matters is the one they hold on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, every 4 years.

Undoubtedly, a lot will happen between now & then.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

YourMomma wrote:Do you think it's possible Obamas approval rating can go as low as Bushs did towards the end of his second term in office?
No...not unless Mr Obama decides to replace Joe Biden with Dick Cheney! :lol:

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

YourMomma wrote:50% of voters say they prefer having Obama as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. :shock:

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... nding.html
I'm not sure I understand the shock? The country is split pretty close to 50/50 along party lines these days, so I don't find that poll surprising at all.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

YourMomma wrote:True. It's the only one that matters but this one shocked me. Do you think it's possible Obamas approval rating can go as low as Bushs did towards the end of his second term in office? I still find it hard to believe that there is a possibility of that happening despite the current downward trend. Although Obama is continuing many policies(namely the wars) that hurt Bush in the realm of public approval.
Look at Pelosi's approval rating and that gives you a clue to how low Obama's can go.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

YourMomma wrote:50% is still the majority. :D
I just can't wrap my mind around this poll considering how low the Bush approval ratings were less than a year ago and how hated he seemed to be by so many.
Give it time, for as hated as he is/was, history will be kinder to him than you'd think.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:
I just can't wrap my mind around this poll considering how low the Bush approval ratings were less than a year ago and how hated he seemed to be by so many.
Give it time, for as hated as he is/was, history will be kinder to him than you'd think.
What makes you say that? Nobody liked Carter when he was president, nobody likes him now. Not everyone enters the bathtub of history smelling like shit and comes out smelling like sugar.

The Bush Administration was a disaster for this country. The two failed wars and the economic collapse will hang like albatrosses around his neck. Revising that history is gonna be really tough.
Chevyman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Chevyman »

people are beginning to see behind the chosen one's bullshit
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Crazy Levi wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:
What makes you say that? Nobody liked Carter when he was president, nobody likes him now. Not everyone enters the bathtub of history smelling like shit and comes out smelling like sugar.

The Bush Administration was a disaster for this country. The two failed wars and the economic collapse will hang like albatrosses around his neck. Revising that history is gonna be really tough.
Time heals and people tend to forget stuff.

Carter sucked but Reagan was extremely popular. Had Reagan been a flop or unpopular, I think history would have looked more kindly upon Carter.

If Obama was truly kicking ass and taking names the hatred for Bush would be as strong...

Granted though the I would think the country is far more divided/polarized politically now than they were 30 years ago.
bane

Post by bane »

The early returns say that Obama IS Carter. I seem to recall saying that about 16 months ago. Funny how that works.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

JakeYonkel wrote:If Obama was truly kicking ass and taking names...
Chevyman wrote:people are beginning to see behind the chosen one's bullshit
bane wrote:The early returns say that Obama IS Carter.
I'm wondering what you guys have to say about this just recently released factoid that was in the news today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/world/12sanger.html

"Since Mr. Obama came to office, the Central Intelligence Agency has mounted more Predator drone strikes into Pakistan, mostly aimed at suspected Qaeda or Taliban havens, than during Mr. Bush’s eight years in office."

I would describe this as @ least one example of kicking ass in the right place.
bane

Post by bane »

I would say that that one thing sounds like he's doing something right P Dude. One thing right does not a great president make.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Many expected miracles from Obama and are disillusioned that he is mortal after all.

Thing is, I do believe that confidence in him, worldwide, may have helped avert a far worse economic disaster than what we've exerienced thus far. A year ago we envisioned another Great Depression, and while things are far from great, the wholesale collapse we feared hasn't happened either.

I don't like everything he's done, but I think it's early to write him off as another Carter too. First year has not been bad, it could have been a lot worse.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

JakeYonkel wrote:
History is going to be absolutely horrible to Bush. Just brutal. I really can't see any reason at all why he won't be remembered by all and sundry as a bumbling, incompetent and yes criminally negligent disaster of a president.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:The early returns say that Obama IS Carter. I seem to recall saying that about 16 months ago. Funny how that works.
I do not understand where you are getting this from. Do you realize how Herculean the tasks Obama is facing are? Opposed at every juncture by the Republicans, on pure principle? The guy took over a country in shambles. I would say he is doing a damn good job in a very precarious situation.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:The early returns say that Obama IS Carter. I seem to recall saying that about 16 months ago. Funny how that works.
THat's silly. Nobody will care about "early returns" in a couple years.

And you voted for Palin.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:

And you voted for Palin.
Hey, I thought we had a "No bringing up Palin until after this term" deal? Last I checked, McCain isn't dead yet, remember?

As for Obama, we'll see. His party is in the driver's seat and they've done nothing. He's got a year of easy street left, he better get busy.
bane

Post by bane »

Ugmo wrote:
I do not understand where you are getting this from. Do you realize how Herculean the tasks Obama is facing are? Opposed at every juncture by the Republicans, on pure principle? The guy took over a country in shambles. I would say he is doing a damn good job in a very precarious situation.
So what? The Republicans aren't in power. The Dems control everything. "The Republicans oppose me" isn't a valid excuse. It will be after another year maybe, but right now, you've got to dig deeper for valid excuses.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

bane wrote:So what? The Republicans aren't in power. The Dems control everything. "The Republicans oppose me" isn't a valid excuse. It will be after another year maybe, but right now, you've got to dig deeper for valid excuses.
I don't think Mr Obama needs to make any excuses in his 11th month in office.

His steady hand & demeanor has helped pull us back from the brink of Depression & financial collapse...a meltdown that occurred under the previous administration's watch.

To date, we have not suffered a horrendous attack on our homeland anything like what occurred under the Bush/ Cheney administration, 8 months after they took over..

He has redirected our war efforts, concentrating on Al Qaeda & the Taliban in Afghanistan & Pakistan, exactly as he insisted we should, years ago back when he was a lonely voice opposing the Bush administration's unilateral march to war with Iraq.

He's reached out to other nations with a more cooperative attitude, as opposed to a superior "God's On Our Side" mentality.

He's trying to make health care fairer & more inclusive for all Americans.

We'll have plenty of time before the next election to see if his approach is more successful than the previous 8 years of Bush/Cheney steering the ship.

In case some of you already forgot...Mr Bush was in command when we landed on the rocks, a catastrophic event from which we're still trying to recover.

And Mr Bush & his supporters denied & ridiculed anyone who suggested we were headed for trouble, right up until days before the last election.

Anybody wanna toast the "Record Breaking Economy"?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

And you voted for Palin.
Hey, I thought we had a "No bringing up Palin until after this term" deal? Last I checked, McCain isn't dead yet, remember?

As for Obama, we'll see. His party is in the driver's seat and they've done nothing. He's got a year of easy street left, he better get busy.
Shit man it's just so hard. How about I can bring up the fact that you voted for Palin like...once every other month or something? Its just hard to resist when you go on about how we were all "fooled" into voting for Obama, and you were just too damn smart to fall for the Obama nonsense and instead voted for the worst woman in the world.
But I guess you are right, a deal is a deal, unless you want to cut me a little slack. I wish that old bastard would die already so I could let loose.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Crazy Levi wrote:Its just hard to resist when you go on about how we were all "fooled" into voting for Obama, and you were just too damn smart to fall for the Obama nonsense and instead voted for the worst woman in the world.
In the words of that "Great American" Sean Hannity...let not your heart be troubled, Levy.

The way it seems to be lining up right now, in less than 3 years, Bane may have the chance to vote for the Rogue, a 2nd time! :P
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

YourMomma wrote:
pooldude wrote: Anybody wanna toast the "Record Breaking Economy"?
It's been awhile since the dow hit 14,000.
Ya mean since so many got suckered onto the fool's bandwagon, a virtual mirage of prosperity...just before the rug got pulled, by the retiring guards of the hen-house?
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

pooldude wrote:
bane wrote:
His steady hand & demeanor has helped pull us back from the brink of Depression & financial collapse...a meltdown that occurred under the previous administration's watch.
Nice liberal talking point. Those words come right out the presidents mouth every time he speaks as well as all the talking heads on all the majors.
To date, we have not suffered a horrendous attack on our homeland anything like what occurred under the Bush/ Cheney administration, 8 months after they took over..
Are we comparing numbers now? Fact is, we have had a terrorist act on the homeland under Obama's watch in only his tenth month in office.
He has redirected our war efforts, concentrating on Al Qaeda & the Taliban in Afghanistan & Pakistan, exactly as he insisted we should, years ago back when he was a lonely voice opposing the Bush administration's unilateral march to war with Iraq.
Another talking point. The US has always been the backbone of any effort. Seriously, I don't need to list all the countrys that were involved with our effort in Iraq do I? And you left out how Al Qaeda became concentrated in Iraq, until a plan that Obama OPPOSED, and democrat leaders said would not work, because that war was already lost, succeded.
He's reached out to other nations with a more cooperative attitude, as opposed to a superior "God's On Our Side" mentality.
He's bowed down to about every foreign leader on his apology tour of the world. They think he's weak, which he is. That's why they like him.
He's trying to make health care fairer & more inclusive for all Americans.
Fine, but I don't need ANY politician controlling my health care.

In case you already forgot...Since Obama started his rule to transform America (his words) we have shed 4,000,000 jobs, half of which came after he lied and said unemployment would not go above 8 percent if congress would just hurry up and pass that stimulus. Don't bother reading it.
For the first time in history, we are mirandizing terrorists who were captured in another country.
Now we are bringing those terrorists onto our own soil, giving them constitutional rights, access to discovery, access to classified info, and a platform to put America on trial.
Tax cheats running all through the administration.
And for God's sake look at what the man has done to the debt and the deficit.
And then there's this: "Democrats plan nearly $2 trillion debt limit hike"
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091211/D9CHCOIG0.html

Awesome. In another three years, I'll be wishing for the good old days of Carter.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nice. A post full of talking points, criticizing talking points.
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Respectfully, I don't copy & paste talking points.

I formed the basis of my political ideals before many of the people here were born.

New poster Nevermind sounds like he learned his history lessons from Sean Hannity.

I've been on opposite sides of that political fence since Reagan was governor, & Nixon had a "secret plan". :lol:
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

tin00can wrote:Nice. A post full of talking points, criticizing talking points.
As if this latest conservative fuckhead knows half as much about anything as P-Dude.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:
tin00can wrote:Nice. A post full of talking points, criticizing talking points.
As if this latest conservative fuckhead knows half as much about anything as P-Dude.
Thanks for refuting all my statements. :roll:
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

pooldude wrote:Respectfully, I don't copy & paste talking points.

I formed the basis of my political ideals before many of the people here were born.

New poster Nevermind sounds like he learned his history lessons from Sean Hannity.

I've been on opposite sides of that political fence since Reagan was governor, & Nixon had a "secret plan". :lol:
You might have your own "political ideals" as do I, but my statement stands. Those exact words, are the words the president speaks in about every speech he gives. And I rarely listen to ANY talk radio or political tv shows. At least you didn't have to result to insults like the other guy who responded. I'm disappointed neither of you chose to take any of my statements on though.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Like I'm even going to bother addressing your moronic statements about terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

Let's not forget who was in office for the Big One, okay?
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

Nevermind wrote:I'm disappointed neither of you chose to take any of my statements on though.
I've already stated my position succinctly, & prefer to leave the bleating to the in-house right wing "nattering nabobs of negativism". :P