Harry Reid- Obama the negro

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Harry Reid- Obama the negro

Post by Nevermind »

Reid apologizes for Negro comment http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_ ... obama_reid

and

I wonder if Harry's started packing his bags yet. The war is lost:
33% of Nevada voters giving Reid a favorable rating, while 52% view him unfavorably.
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/09/h ... ity-at-19/
pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Re: Harry Reid- Obama the negro

Post by pooldude »

Who cares?

Lots of older people accidentally use words like Negro or Oriental, which were considered non offensive & non degrading, not that many years ago.

Mr Obama knows that Reid is a political ally when it counts.

How many right wingers insist on calling Mr Obama by his middle name Hussein, with the obvious terrorist implications?

If the Nevada voters punish Reid for voting his conscience, that's the way it goes.

Lord knows, the right wingers would also pummel Reid if he didn't vote his conscience.

Much like Mr Obama, there's nothing Senator Reid can do to satisfy the right, short of cyanide. :lol:
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

^^^ spin spin spin spin... don't get dizzy.

Just admit it was a stupid thing to say and stop making excuses.

In the scheme of things it means nothing, but it was dumb as fuck. God forbid a Republican had said something like this, the left would be calling for his head.

Reid's a stupid son of a bitch. He and Pelosi shouldn't get too cozy.
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

Yeah, he said some pretty retarded shit there.

I don't like Reed.
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:^^^ spin spin spin spin... don't get dizzy.

Just admit it was a stupid thing to say and stop making excuses.

In the scheme of things it means nothing, but it was dumb as fuck. God forbid a Republican had said something like this, the left would be calling for his head.

Reid's a stupid son of a bitch. He and Pelosi shouldn't get too cozy.

pooldude
Headlining Clubs

Post by pooldude »

JakeYonkel wrote:Reid's a stupid son of a bitch.
I never really followed Senator Reid, given I'm not from Nevada.

But I read up on his career in Wikipedia, & it appears to me that he has lead a very diverse life, & that his politics are really only slightly left of center, & the guy was a boxer as a young man, & worked in law enforcement, & is a pro-life Mormon, who's still liberal enough to be a leader of the Democrats. Evidently, he's been in a number of tough elections since entering politics in 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Reid

But I guess, compared to the vast life experience of a Jake Yonkel, he's really stupid.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

pooldude wrote:

But I read up on his career in Wikipedia, & it appears to me that he has lead a very diverse life, & that his politics are really only slightly left of center, & the guy was a boxer as a young man, & worked in law enforcement, & is a pro-life Mormon, who's still liberal enough to be a leader of the Democrats. Evidently, he's been in a number of tough elections since entering politics in 1966.

But I guess, compared to the vast life experience of a Jake Yonkel, he's really stupid.
I don't think he's stupid, but he's arrogant, which leads to him doing stupid things. The senate health care bill is a pretty good example. His arrogance led to the senate passing a bad bill full of bad compromises in the name of expediency. Reid's days as majority leader are numbered. He'll be reelected, just like Pelosi will, but his days as big cheese will be done soon, and thank God for that. He's a horrible leader.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

pooldude wrote:

Fuck yeah!!! Reid NEVER plays the lottery!!! :lol:

Actually, I don't know if he does or not, it just popped into my head and seemed funny.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

pooldude wrote:

OK. Bush went to Yale. He's smarter than all of us.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:His arrogance led to the senate passing a bad bill full of bad compromises in the name of expediency.
No, it was Republican obstructionism that led to that.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:
bane wrote:His arrogance led to the senate passing a bad bill full of bad compromises in the name of expediency.
LOL
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
LOL
Yes, that's really hilarious, isn't it?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Ugmo wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
LOL
Yes, that's really hilarious, isn't it?
I've seen funnier, but it's up there.
bane

Post by bane »

Ugmo wrote:
Reid and company dropped the ball. Period.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
Reid and company dropped the ball. Period.
How is it you are not willing to admit that the Republicans had something to do with it? That is baffling to me.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Also, please explain how Reid dropped the ball. What should he have done differently?
VinnieKulick
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VinnieKulick »

Dems can't agree.... it's the GOP's fault.

Classic comedy gold!
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

VinnieKulick wrote:Dems can't agree.... it's the GOP's fault.

Classic comedy gold!
I'm waiting for one single one of you guys to explain why it's fine when 40 Republicans are against health care reform, but when two or three Democrats and one independent won't go with the majority, the Democrats are to blame for the passage of a shitty bill. Why do the Republicans get a pass?

Can any of you guys counter my assertion that the Republican fillibuster threat resulted in a weaker Senate bill?

Someone? Anyone?
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Because the Republican support IS NOT NEEDED for the bill to pass. The Democrats couldn't get out of their own way and that's why the bill failed. Why is this so hard to grasp for you?

And there's no way to prove or disprove your claim that a threat of a filibuster influenced the bill so that's not really arguable.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

JakeYonkel wrote:Because the Republican support IS NOT NEEDED for the bill to pass. The Democrats couldn't get out of their own way and that's why the bill failed. Why is this so hard to grasp for you?

And there's no way to prove or disprove your claim that a threat of a filibuster influenced the bill so that's not really arguable.
No, of course Republican support isn't - and wasn't - needed for A bill to pass. The point is that the bill that eventually passed was a crappy bill because of Republican obstructionism. How is that even debatable? It isn't. If the Republicans don't threaten the fillibuster, the Democrats don't have to take shit from Joe Liebermann, Ben Nelson and Mary Landrieau because they don't need to scramble for 60 votes.
VinnieKulick

Post by VinnieKulick »

Again, its all the GOPS fault that:

Some Dems would vote against it if it had a public option
Some Dems would vote against it if it DIDNT have a public option
Some Dems would vote against it if it INCLUDED funding for abortion
Some Dems would vote against it if it DIDNT include funding for abortion
Some Dems would vote against it if it covered Illegal Aliens
Some Dems would vote against it if it DIDN'T cover illegal Aliens

Yet, it's the GOPs fault for 'threatening' a filibuster.
ImageImage
bane

Post by bane »

It sounds to me like you should be directing your misguided ire at Joe Liebermann, Ben Nelson and Mary Landrieau. The filibuster threats only happened when Reid decided he was going to ram that bill through without ANY Republican support or input. What would you have them do Ugmo? Vote for a bill that their constituents don't want just to make life easier for your party? Their constituents don't want it. You keep saying "most of the country wants this", but the people that voted for the republican minority don't want this. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

This is awesome !!!
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:It sounds to me like you should be directing your misguided ire at Joe Liebermann, Ben Nelson and Mary Landrieau. The filibuster threats only happened when Reid decided he was going to ram that bill through without ANY Republican support or input. What would you have them do Ugmo? Vote for a bill that their constituents don't want just to make life easier for your party? Their constituents don't want it. You keep saying "most of the country wants this", but the people that voted for the republican minority don't want this. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
You cannot seriously claim the Republicans were EVER interested in cooperating with the Democrats on health care. They have had decades to propose something, ANYTHING as a solution to the U.S. health care malaise, and at no point have they ever showed any desire at all to come up with a proposal.

LOL at "Republican support or input" - what a complete farce. The Republicans had no interest in supporting health care reform. The reality is that when they realized Obama was going to tackle health care reform, their beedy little eyes lit up because they saw an opportunity to deal a blow to Obama by obstructing any and all Democratic efforts to get something done.

I am angry at Liebermann and assholes like Ben Nelson. Surely you haven't missed my scathing remarks about them? I started a thread about Ben Nelson just to explain why I think he's such a prick! But why would you expect me to direct my ire at the three or four asshole Democrats but look over at the Republicans and give them the "watcha gonna do?" Mentos smile? Three or four Democrats and FORTY goddamn Republicans are to blame for the crappy Senate bill - I'm certainly going to call them out for it.
VinnieKulick

Post by VinnieKulick »

Because it was the "three or four Democratic assholes" who stopped the super majority, and not the 40 GOP members.

The GOP offered to help, and were turned away.

Obama only invited Dems to the White House to work on the bill.

If you can't see that as "fuck you GOP, we're doing it our way" I don't know what to tell you.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

VinnieKulick wrote:Because it was the "three or four Democratic assholes" who stopped the super majority, and not the 40 GOP members.

The GOP offered to help, and were turned away.

Obama only invited Dems to the White House to work on the bill.

If you can't see that as "fuck you GOP, we're doing it our way" I don't know what to tell you.
The GOP offered to help. LOL. Yeah, I'm sure they really wanted to help.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

I spelled beady wrong.
SmokeyRamone
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SmokeyRamone »

you mean to tell me that Harry Reid, a Mormon made a racist statement?

shocking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_peop ... day_Saints

From 1849 to 1978, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) had a policy against ordaining black men of African descent to the priesthood. Under the same policy, black men and women of African descent were prohibited from participating in the temple Endowment and sealings, ordinances that the church teaches are necessary for the highest degree of salvation. However, the LDS Church has always had an open membership policy for all races, and black people who were aware of the racial policy did join the church. In 1978, church leaders ceased the racial restriction policy, declaring that they had received a revelation instructing them to do so. Today, the church opposes racial discrimination and racism of any kind.[1]

what is basically a rite of passage for boys starting at age 12 was denied to black people until 1978, now they say they're against racism, but it sounds like overcompensation to me. These are the same people who believe in magic underwear that protects them like armor, not exactly what I'd call a rational or forward thinking bunch
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I don't think he should resign or even apologize for his remarks. Everything he said was dead on the money. America would never have elected a jive-talking fool to the presidency. Obama got elected because he was an educated and articulate man who happened to be a negro. Reid's comments simply illustrated the fact that an Al Sharpton wouldn't have a chance in Hell of being elected. Reid is not racist.

With that being said, I don't think Lott should have resigned either, his comments were off the cuff at a dinner honoring Thurmond. The GOP establishment that supported Shrub used that to squeeze him out because Lott was not a fan of GW Bush and thought he was an idiot and unqualified to be president. He also was dead on the money.

These hooplas about racial issues are tired. This isn't the 50's and 60's anymore. Harry Reid and Trent Lott don't think black people are inferior. It's nonsense.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:With that being said, I don't think Lott should have resigned either, his comments were off the cuff at a dinner honoring Thurmond. The GOP establishment that supported Shrub used that to squeeze him out because Lott was not a fan of GW Bush and thought he was an idiot and unqualified to be president. He also was dead on the money.
Woah, woah, woah. Trent Lott said:

"When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either."

That's bad. What Lott is saying essentially is "We wouldn't have all these problems if we'd maintained racial segregation and kept the black man down." How else would you interpret that?

Reid is basically saying: "The country isn't ready to accept a dark-skinned African American candidate who talks like the majority of blacks in America." That's a statement on the voters, not on Obama. Of course the way he said it was very clumsy. I think the statement sounds worse than it was meant to sound, whereas Lott's statement was a hell of a lot worse than it sounded.

And I'm not just giving Reid a pass and damning Lott because I despise Republicans. Another example is O'Reilly's comment about lynching in connection with Michelle Obama. I don't think he meant anything sinister by that and it was blown out of proportion, even though he is a dislikeable blowhard.