All you need to know about teabaggers.

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

All you need to know about teabaggers.

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

I thought about posting this in the Violence against politicians thread, but I didn't want it to get buried.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 22_pf.html

The call to arms was issued at 5:55 a.m. last Friday.

"To all modern Sons of Liberty: THIS is your time. Break their windows. Break them NOW."

These were the words of Mike Vanderboegh, a 57-year-old former militiaman from Alabama, who took to his blog urging people who opposed the historic health-care reform legislation -- he calls it "Nancy Pelosi's Intolerable Act" -- to throw bricks through the windows of Democratic offices nationwide. [...]

In the days that followed, glass windows and doors were shattered at local Democratic Party offices and the district offices of House Democrats from Arizona to Kansas to New York. [...]

Vanderboegh was unapologetic in a 45-minute telephone interview with The Washington Post early Thursday. He said he believes throwing bricks through windows sends a warning to Democratic lawmakers that the health-care reform legislation they passed Sunday has caused so much unrest that it could result in a civil war.

The money quote?
Vanderboegh said he once worked as a warehouse manager but now lives on government disability checks.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: All you need to know about teabaggers.

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Vanderboegh said he once worked as a warehouse manager but now lives on government disability checks.
But he doesn't enjoy it so it's OK for him to be on welfare.
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

I have to admit, I think it's pretty funny how all of the douchebaggers are so threatened by the tea party movement, Sarah Palin etc.....
Post after post on this board, and night by night coverage on all of the democrat supporting news channels....which would mean, 99% of them.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:I have to admit, I think it's pretty funny how all of the douchebaggers are so threatened by the tea party movement, Sarah Palin etc.....
Post after post on this board, and night by night coverage on all of the democrat supporting news channels....which would mean, 99% of them.
Haha.... Nevermind is a Teabagger! That's funny shit.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ugmo wrote:
Nevermind wrote:I have to admit, I think it's pretty funny how all of the douchebaggers are so threatened by the tea party movement, Sarah Palin etc.....
This shit is absolutely nothing new.

"Teabagger" is just a new name for "Ignorant Racist Idiot."
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Plus they keep confusing "threatened" with "highly amused." Sarah Palin is a laughingstock. I don't know anyone who feels threatened by her.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Crazy Levi wrote:
Ugmo wrote:

I can still remember the good old days when it was just some guy who dropped his ballsack in someone's face
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:I can still remember the good old days when it was just some guy who dropped his ballsack in someone's face
Those were simpler times.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:Plus they keep confusing "threatened" with "highly amused." Sarah Palin is a laughingstock. I don't know anyone who feels threatened by her.
If the douchebaggers were just "highly amused", there would be daily posts here about the idiocy of Joe Biden, and Obama himself.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:
Ugmo wrote:Plus they keep confusing "threatened" with "highly amused." Sarah Palin is a laughingstock. I don't know anyone who feels threatened by her.
If the douchebaggers were just "highly amused", there would be daily posts here about the idiocy of Joe Biden, and Obama himself.
Um, no. Let me know when Biden says anything as dumb as anything Palin has said. She couldn't even name a paper she reads, because she doesn't read any.

We went over this over and over again during the campaign: Biden's gaffes are in the "not a wise thing to say at this juncture" category, like warning Obama not to take away his Baretta or calling health care reform a "big fucking deal" next to an open mic. The only major gaffe he ever made which would make you think he truly didn't know what he was talking about was when he said FDR went on television when the stock market crashed.

Obama's gaffes are... well what gaffes exactly? The 57 states thing, where it was obvious that he meant 47?

Sarah Palin's gaffes are never-ending. She knows less about foreign policy than your next door neighbor, and she mocks people who actually are educated. Jesus, it's more difficult to come up with examples of her saying something intelligent than something stupid.

Are you Kiss Academy?
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:
Nevermind wrote:
Um, no. Let me know when Biden says anything as dumb as anything Palin has said. She couldn't even name a paper she reads, because she doesn't read any.

We went over this over and over again during the campaign: Biden's gaffes are in the "not a wise thing to say at this juncture" category, like warning Obama not to take away his Baretta or calling health care reform a "big fucking deal" next to an open mic. The only major gaffe he ever made which would make you think he truly didn't know what he was talking about was when he said FDR went on television when the stock market crashed.

Obama's gaffes are... well what gaffes exactly? The 57 states thing, where it was obvious that he meant 47?

Sarah Palin's gaffes are never-ending. She knows less about foreign policy than your next door neighbor, and she mocks people who actually are educated. Jesus, it's more difficult to come up with examples of her saying something intelligent than something stupid.

Are you Kiss Academy?
First, you've got me all wrong. I have never said I was a Palin supporter. The fact is, the liberal kooks on this board, and on nbc, cnn etc, are all obsessed with her. If she's so stupid or whatever, ignore her.
Obama- isms:

Navy Corpse-Man

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument.

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly."

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

Damn, you want me to keep going?

Worse than all of these verbal screw ups, is his presidency, which is one huge gaffe.
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

These people are terrorists. Wannabe sand niggers. Shoot to kill on sight is what I say.
ImageImageImage
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote: First, you've got me all wrong.
No, he doesn't. He thinks you are an idiot.
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Nevermind wrote: First, you've got me all wrong.
No, he doesn't. He thinks you are an idiot.
Aww, how sweet. You sticking up for him and all. I don't think he's gay though, so you'll have to try and hit on another poster.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nevermind wrote: Worse than all of these verbal screw ups, is his presidency, which is one huge gaffe.

His presidency actually seems to be picking up some steam now. I'm actually pretty happy with what he did to Israel. Call the democrats pussies all you want, and I've certainly done that myself, but I think that was a pretty ballsy move that no other president would have done.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Ugmo wrote:

Well you really got to admit. "Tea Bagger" has a nicer, more socially acceptable ring to it, than Ku Klux Klan.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:Obama- isms:

Navy Corpse-Man

Ooh! A mispronunciation! Yeah, good one, that's really as bad as not having the first clue what Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae do.
Nevermind wrote:"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument.
Yes, a gaffe, not a complete lack of understanding on the issues.

Nevermind wrote:"The Cambridge police acted stupidly."

Again, how is this in any way comparable to Sarah Palin's complete lack of knowledge on anything? This was the wrong thing to say at the wrong time, like Biden's Baretta comment.
Nevermind wrote:"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
Another gaffe, like saying "Too many OBGYNs unable to practice their... love with women all across this great nation." A gaffe - and a funny one at that - not a lack of understanding of the issues.
Nevermind wrote:Damn, you want me to keep going?
You probably should, since all of your examples so far have been weak as hell. You are comparing verbal gaffes with Sarah Palin's inability to name a single newspaper or explain what Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae do.
Nevermind wrote:Worse than all of these verbal screw ups, is his presidency, which is one huge gaffe.
Yeah, such a huge gaffe that he just opened up a can of whoop-ass on the now radically right-wing Republican Party, which staked everything on blocking the passage of health care.

I hope you are looking forward to your party going the way of the Whigs. That's what's going to happen when the lunatic Tea Partiers ensure Sarah Palin's nomination in 2012.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:Yeah, such a huge gaffe that he just opened up a can of whoop-ass on the now radically right-wing Republican Party, which staked everything on blocking the passage of health care.
I notice ever since the vote, you have never said anything about the 34 democrats who voted against the health care bill and their obstructionism.
Why is that. Don't worry about answering that. I get it.
And in all the latest election results, the republicans have opened a can of "whoop-ass" on the democrats, so I'm not worried about the party at all.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote:
Ugmo wrote:Yeah, such a huge gaffe that he just opened up a can of whoop-ass on the now radically right-wing Republican Party, which staked everything on blocking the passage of health care.
I notice ever since the vote, you have never said anything about the 34 democrats who voted against the health care bill and their obstructionism.
And in all the latest election results, the republicans have opened a can of "whoop-ass" on the democrats, so I'm not worried about the party at all.
The latest election was in 2008. The Republicans didn't even have a can of whoop-ass, let alone a chance to open it.
ImageImage
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:I notice ever since the vote, you have never said anything about the 34 democrats who voted against the health care bill and their obstructionism.
Why wouldn't I bother answering it? You are off your rocker if you think the Democrats who voted against it did so out of "obstructionism." That doesn't even make sense.

They did so for various reasons. Some did because they are in tough campaign battles in conservative states, and got permission to vote against it from Pelosi. Some did because they're anti-abortion. Some did because they're douchebags, some did because they thought the bill was a cop-out and some did because of internal feuds with the party.

Whereas all 178 Republicans voted against the bill for one reason: because they were instructed to by their leadership for political reasons. Biden said he knew of 7 Senate Republicans who wanted to vote for the bill but were ordered not to do so by their leadership.

I'm not some litmus test guy. If people don't want to vote for the bill because it violates their principles, then fine. Republican or Democrat, that doesn't bother me. But when every single Senate and House Republican - to an old white man - votes against a bill that the Republican fucking Party wrote in 1993, then it's politics and not principles, and that is disgusting.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Nevermind wrote:
The latest election was in 2008. The Republicans didn't even have a can of whoop-ass, let alone a chance to open it.
:lol: Holy crap, you're an idiot
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote: :lol: Holy crap, you're an idiot
It wasn't in 2008? When was it then?
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:
2010, 2009 Are you guys paying attention?
2010 Scott Brown (r) wins
2009 Bob McDonnell (r) wins
2009 Chris Christie (r) wins

Republican wins deal blow to Obama
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33597807/
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Ugmo wrote:
They did so for various reasons. Some did because they are in tough campaign battles in conservative states, and got permission to vote against it from Pelosi. Some did because they're anti-abortion. Some did because they're douchebags, some did because they thought the bill was a cop-out and some did because of internal feuds with the party.

Whereas all 178 Republicans voted against the bill for one reason: because they were instructed to by their leadership for political reasons. Biden said he knew of 7 Senate Republicans who wanted to vote for the bill but were ordered not to do so by their leadership.

I'm not some litmus test guy. If people don't want to vote for the bill because it violates their principles, then fine. Republican or Democrat, that doesn't bother me. But when every single Senate and House Republican - to an old white man - votes against a bill that the Republican fucking Party wrote in 1993, then it's politics and not principles, and that is disgusting.
Gotcha. So the liberals have no morals and won't stand up for what they believe in. It's funny that you have a wide variety of reasons those democrats would have voted against the bill, but you know exactly why each and every one of the republicans voted against it, and that was for political reasons. :roll:
KneelandBobDylan

Nevermind wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
2010, 2009 Are you guys paying attention?
2010 Scott Brown (r) wins

Republican wins deal blow to Obama
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33597807/

Except that it didn't, per the headline over your link.

Healthcare passed, good guys win, game over.
KneelandBobDylan

Nevermind wrote:
Ugmo wrote:

Gotcha. So the liberals have no morals and won't stand up for what they believe in. It's funny that you have a wide variety of reasons those democrats would have voted against the bill, but you know exactly why each and every one of the republicans voted against it, and that was for political reasons. :roll:

Gotcha. So when a guy like say, John McCain, moves to the right, to try and keep his job that's okey dokey, and he still has his morals.

And yes we know why Republicans voted against it. Party over Country.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:Gotcha. So the liberals have no morals and won't stand up for what they believe in. It's funny that you have a wide variety of reasons those democrats would have voted against the bill, but you know exactly why each and every one of the republicans voted against it, and that was for political reasons. :roll:
So the Heritage Foundation designs a bill, the Republicans propose it and then forget about it, Mitt Romney revives it 13 years later and enacts it in Massachusetts with the help of little Scottie Brown.... and then all 40 Republicans in the Senate vote against and are joined in this endeavor by all 178 Republicans in the House, and that somehow isn't for political reasons? Not very convincing, sorry.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

Nevermind wrote:2010 Scott Brown (r) wins
Wow, that's a huge sample size! Luckily nothing of any consequence happened since Scott Brown's election, so the Republicans still have the momentum going into November.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Ugmo wrote: So the Heritage Foundation designs a bill, the Republicans propose it and then forget about it, Mitt Romney revives it 13 years later and enacts it in Massachusetts with the help of little Scottie Brown.... and then all 40 Republicans in the Senate vote against and are joined in this endeavor by all 178 Republicans in the House, and that somehow isn't for political reasons? Not very convincing, sorry.
How come it didn't pass in 93? Did the Democrats just vote against it for political reasons, or did they think it didn't go far enough?
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

MickeyG wrote:How come it didn't pass in 93? Did the Democrats just vote against it for political reasons, or did they think it didn't go far enough?
It was basically a ruse. Clinton came into office with a finished health care reform plan developed by his wife, and Congress (Republicans and Democrats alike) were irked that they were being asked to sign something they had had no input on (which explains why Obama this time basically stayed out of the process and let the two houses of Congress come up with their own bills). The Republicans, with some Democratic support, proposed their own plan, but once they had succeeded in killing Clinton's plan they basically abandoned theirs too, as its underlying purpose was only to kill Clinton's plan. And when the Republicans regained the House and Senate in 1994 that basically halted all momentum for health care reform.

So it's kind of bizarre and indeed ironic that the Republicans this time have taken the position of rejecting the bill outright, while the Democrats have been forced to support it as the only alternative to the status quo.