Anybody want some right-wing reading material?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Anybody want some right-wing reading material?

Post by JakeYonkel »

Clearing shit out of my house.

I've got Michael Savage's "The Savage Nation," "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder," Hannity's "Deliver Us From Evil," Coulter's "How To Talk To a Liberal" (hardcover!), and Bernard Goldberg's "110 People Who Are Screwing Up America."

All been read once in pristine condition and they're gonna get donated otherwise because they're not worth the paper they're printed on if I were to go the eBay route.

So if anyone wants some reading material, or kinder, whatever, just provide shipping.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: Anybody want some right-wing reading material?

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I'm going to bet that you won't get many takers on those. Most of the posters here are liberal, and other than a few conservatives on the War Board most Sludgers probably can't read anything more complex than Dick and Jane books. They'll be stumped without the pictures.

:lol:
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

You're probably right but I figured I would try it before I donate or trash 'em.

Cliff, I owe you for the soccer book, you tell me, big guy!
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I am going to a club (all ages co-op style) that has a book case full of mostly left wing reading material. I am going to sneak my Ted Nugent book in there.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

SkyDog112046 wrote:They'll be stumped without the pictures.

ImageImage
EvilMadman
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EvilMadman »

JakeYonkel wrote:Clearing shit out of my house.

I've got Michael Savage's "The Savage Nation," "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder," Hannity's "Deliver Us From Evil," Coulter's "How To Talk To a Liberal" (hardcover!), and Bernard Goldberg's "110 People Who Are Screwing Up America."

All been read once in pristine condition and they're gonna get donated otherwise because they're not worth the paper they're printed on if I were to go the eBay route.

So if anyone wants some reading material, or kinder, whatever, just provide shipping.
Hey, after you can those books, do yourself a favor and check out some of these...

More Freedom, Less Terror: Liberalization And Political Violence In The Arab World.
The Pentagon's New Map.
1000 Years For Revenge. (Damn! Somebody in our intel services really needs to be paying attention to what Peter Lance says.)
The Connection: How Al-Qaeda's Collaboration With Saddam Hussein Has Endangered America.
Study Of Revenge: Saddam Hussein's Unfinished War Against America.
Al-Qaeda: In Its Own Words.
Eco-Imperialism: Green Power, Black Death.
Architect Of Global Jihad.
Last edited by EvilMadman on Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The Goldberg book is a good read, not interested in the rest.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

How did you read all that shit and turn out rational?
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I'm going to bet that you won't get many takers on those. Most of the posters here are liberal, and other than a few conservatives on the War Board most Sludgers probably can't read anything more complex than Dick and Jane books. They'll be stumped without the pictures.

Wait, I thought liberals were too smart and elitist. So now only conservatives, who generally hate college, are the only ones who read complex books?

Holy incompatible stereotypes, Batman!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

tin00can wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:I'm going to bet that you won't get many takers on those. Most of the posters here are liberal, and other than a few conservatives on the War Board most Sludgers probably can't read anything more complex than Dick and Jane books. They'll be stumped without the pictures.

Wait, I thought liberals were too smart and elitist. So now only conservatives, who generally hate college, are the only ones who read complex books?

Holy incompatible stereotypes, Batman!

No, I was saying that most of the people who come to the War Board are liberal(so they wouldn't want the books), and that the bulk of the posters from the other boards probably couldn't understand a book without pictures.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Ugmo wrote:

How did you read all that shit and turn out rational?
I couldn't get through Coulter or Hannity. Boring.

I do like Savage, he's entertaining and writes well even if he's a little kooky.

Disclaimer is that I acquired most of these prior to like 4-5 years ago and I've mellowed out a bit since then.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

ijwthstd wrote:I am going to a club (all ages co-op style) that has a book case full of mostly left wing reading material. I am going to sneak my Ted Nugent book in there.

"Mission Accomplished"
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

JakeYonkel wrote: Disclaimer is that I acquired most of these prior to like 4-5 years ago and I've mellowed out a bit since then.
Was that before, or after you got married and had your kid, Jake?

Shit like that will have an effect on ya.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

How to Talk to Liberals must have some laughable exerpts...maybe you could share some with us?

By the way I never realized you were that much of a right-wing nutcracker. I always thought that stuff was for old people. What made you become such a conservative so young? Where's your rebellious fire O youth man??
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

MickeyG wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote: Disclaimer is that I acquired most of these prior to like 4-5 years ago and I've mellowed out a bit since then.
Was that before, or after you got married and had your kid, Jake?

Shit like that will have an effect on ya.
Much much before.. when I was still living home with my parents.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

vanitybinge wrote:How to Talk to Liberals must have some laughable exerpts...maybe you could share some with us?
Honestly it sucked so bad I gave up on it pretty quickly. As I recall it's a compilation of her editorials and newspaper articles and shit. No effort went into writing a new book. It sucked.
vanitybinge wrote:By the way I never realized you were that much of a right-wing nutcracker. I always thought that stuff was for old people. What made you become such a conservative so young? Where's your rebellious fire O youth man??
I never had a rebellious fire! The worst thing I did, when I was in high school at one point I thought I was going to be a badass and refuse to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance during homeroom because "fuck 'em, they can't make me do that." No good reason. I was an asshole.

I've said before here, I'm much more socially conservative than economically, but as I've gotten a little older (and I'm only 26, don't get me wrong) I've got much more important shit to worry about and care about than our government, regardless of who's in office.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Jake, if you fancy sending me the most literate one of that bunch (not that I hold out much hope) I'd appreciate it. I've not long ago read Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars..."; I didn't find it very funny, but I have to admit, the research that went into it was impressive.

Did you ever get through that soccer book? Seriously, I've read three books on baseball without once watching a whole game.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

CliffByford wrote:Jake, if you fancy sending me the most literate one of that bunch (not that I hold out much hope) I'd appreciate it. I've not long ago read Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars..."; I didn't find it very funny, but I have to admit, the research that went into it was impressive.

Did you ever get through that soccer book? Seriously, I've read three books on baseball without once watching a whole game.
I can send you the "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America" if you want. He at least pretends to be non-partisan, even if 75% of the list are left-leaning people. Plus you already know that WHSAC gives it a good review, so there's that. I actually had one of my old friends from New Jeresy say he'd like all the heavy right-wing stuff, so this'll be perfect. Just drop me your address in the PM box and next time I hit the post office for an eBay shipping trip (probably by the end of the week) I'll send it out for ya.

And yes, I did finish the futbol book a few months (maybe a year?) back. I wanted to get through it before my next Puerto Rico trip, but soccer in the Caribbean I guess is more of a "recent" thing than Brazilian soccer. They tend to be more akin to baseball in PR.

I'm currently into "Fast Food Nation" now. I picked up a cheapie O'Reilly book and got through about 2 chapters before junking it. Maybe I'm becoming softer as I get older but this "rah rah" hardcore conservative stuff makes me roll my eyes nearly as much as the liberals do.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

CliffByford wrote:Jake, if you fancy sending me the most literate one of that bunch (not that I hold out much hope) I'd appreciate it. I've not long ago read Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars..."; I didn't find it very funny, but I have to admit, the research that went into it was impressive.

The reason "lying liars" isn't funny is because Al Franken isn't funny.

Slightly OT, Cliff..you need to get into the locker room, there's a World Cup thread starting out and your knowledge and opinions are needed.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

JakeYonkel wrote:
vanitybinge wrote:How to Talk to Liberals must have some laughable exerpts...maybe you could share some with us?
Honestly it sucked so bad I gave up on it pretty quickly. As I recall it's a compilation of her editorials and newspaper articles and shit. No effort went into writing a new book. It sucked.
vanitybinge wrote:By the way I never realized you were that much of a right-wing nutcracker. I always thought that stuff was for old people. What made you become such a conservative so young? Where's your rebellious fire O youth man??
I never had a rebellious fire! The worst thing I did, when I was in high school at one point I thought I was going to be a badass and refuse to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance during homeroom because "fuck 'em, they can't make me do that." No good reason. I was an asshole.

I've said before here, I'm much more socially conservative than economically, but as I've gotten a little older (and I'm only 26, don't get me wrong) I've got much more important shit to worry about and care about than our government, regardless of who's in office.
I agree I've got more important shit in my life to deal with, like student loans, and we're about the same age, but I guess you would've been the good kid in my class while I was getting expelled in the second grade! I've always been a troublemaker, but I don't think that's what keeps me from being a hardcore conservative. I just think change is inevitable and a lot of the ideas these Capitol Hill Crowes are squaking about are outdated. They want to bring back the fifties and sit in a soda bar like Sexx wants to bring back the eighties and sit in Vinnie Vincent's Dressing room.

We're not different, you and I. In fact, I'm willing to bet you've caused more trouble then you let on, I've just gotten caught more!
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

The reason "lying liars" isn't funny is because Al Franken isn't funny.

Slightly OT, Cliff..you need to get into the locker room, there's a World Cup thread starting out and your knowledge and opinions are needed.
He cracked me up on Seinfeld.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

vanitybinge wrote:I agree I've got more important shit in my life to deal with, like student loans, and we're about the same age, but I guess you would've been the good kid in my class while I was getting expelled in the second grade! I've always been a troublemaker, but I don't think that's what keeps me from being a hardcore conservative. I just think change is inevitable and a lot of the ideas these Capitol Hill Crowes are squaking about are outdated. They want to bring back the fifties and sit in a soda bar like Sexx wants to bring back the eighties and sit in Vinnie Vincent's Dressing room.
Heh, nicely put. I guess part of me hates what the world has become and kind of yearns for the simplicity of yesteryear, before society got so permissive. I know that makes me sound old. But like I said I can't really worry about it, you can't fight the change, you just have to grow and deal with it. The only things that honestly really rile me up is watching lazy people get handouts when hard-working people bust their asses. And feeling like no matter who's in office, the middle class is getting ignored, or worse yet, screwed.
vanitybinge wrote:We're not different, you and I. In fact, I'm willing to bet you've caused more trouble then you let on, I've just gotten caught more!
I've never smoked or done drugs and I've drank very infrequently. Never been arrested! But I did my share of dumb teenage shit back in the day... hitting people's garbage cans with our cars, backyard wrestling, I dunno, dumb stuff.

Now I feel bad I didn't give you a ride to UPS. LOL
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

JakeYonkel wrote:
Heh, nicely put. I guess part of me hates what the world has become and kind of yearns for the simplicity of yesteryear, before society got so permissive. I know that makes me sound old. But like I said I can't really worry about it, you can't fight the change, you just have to grow and deal with it. The only things that honestly really rile me up is watching lazy people get handouts when hard-working people bust their asses. And feeling like no matter who's in office, the middle class is getting ignored, or worse yet, screwed.

I feel the same way about the working class as I call it, it seems like we're just the herd for the machine that uses us up and spits us out. I differ with you about laws tho, if that's what you mean by permissive. I'm all about letting people make their own beds and not trying to tell them what color their sheets oughta be, or arond here, what color you can paint your house!! I guess that's why I like Ron Paul, small govt, leave me the fuck alone and just take care of the army and the economy. The more they dig into our lives, the more restrictive and fucked up we get, the more blah blah blah...you get it.
vanitybinge wrote:We're not different, you and I. In fact, I'm willing to bet you've caused more trouble then you let on, I've just gotten caught more!
I've never smoked or done drugs and I've drank very infrequently. Never been arrested! But I did my share of dumb teenage shit back in the day... hitting people's garbage cans with our cars, backyard wrestling, I dunno, dumb stuff.

Now I feel bad I didn't give you a ride to UPS. LOL
Don't sweat it, you had a kid. I would never have been arrested either but it's always something small that hindsight makes me say DOH! if only I'd.....yea oh well. Next time I come to Orlando I'll buy you a drink and maybe we can catch Fields of Glass, they're a sick local metal band.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

I'm as liberal as they come, but I've actually read some of Ann Coulter's stuff. It's not too far (stylistically) removed from Dick and Jane books, regardless of what one thinks of her stance or conclusions.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

ijwthstd wrote:
ijwthstd wrote:I am going to a club (all ages co-op style) that has a book case full of mostly left wing reading material. I am going to sneak my Ted Nugent book in there.

"Mission Accomplished"
That pretty much rules. You know I'm liberal as all Hell, and find Uncle Ted rather terrifying, but the book I read of his DID have some points with which I agreed.

I think that whether conservative or liberal, we all have a tendency to read the stuff that reinforces what our beliefs already are; I think more liberals SHOULD read conservative writers and vice versa. It's exposure to multiple viewpoints that gives one a truly balanced view.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
CliffByford

Post by CliffByford »

JakeYonkel wrote:

I can send you the "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America" if you want. He at least pretends to be non-partisan, even if 75% of the list are left-leaning people. Plus you already know that WHSAC gives it a good review, so there's that. I actually had one of my old friends from New Jeresy say he'd like all the heavy right-wing stuff, so this'll be perfect. Just drop me your address in the PM box and next time I hit the post office for an eBay shipping trip (probably by the end of the week) I'll send it out for ya.

And yes, I did finish the futbol book a few months (maybe a year?) back. I wanted to get through it before my next Puerto Rico trip, but soccer in the Caribbean I guess is more of a "recent" thing than Brazilian soccer. They tend to be more akin to baseball in PR.
Did you enjoy Futebol? I loved it, and I think it reveals soccer as an incredibly multi-faceted and integral part of Brazilian culture. As for Caribbean soccer - depends where you go. Jamaica, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago and even Haiti have decent histories. Many black players in Europe have Caribbean heritage, talking even about tiny places like St Kitts & Nevis or Montserrat. Central America is nuts about soccer too - I think you lucked out with Puerto Rico.

Jake, I shall accept your kind offer. My address is nestling snugly in your inbox...
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Even with pictures, many here get confused..

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

The only book that isn't filled with a bunch a radical bullshit is Bernie Goldberg's book. I honestly don't think Michael Savage believes half the crap he spews out considering his background. I think a lot of his diatribes are for entertainment and ratings purposes only. Sean Hannity is a typical uneducated reactionary schlub. Ann Coulter is an educated reactionary.

Most of these books by media talking heads are about as scholarly as a Super Nintendo review book. There are a ton a great books by people of all political persuasions that are highly more interesting, like:

Bad for Democracy: How the Presidency Undermines the Power of the People by Dana Nelson, Ph.D

and

From Freedom To Slavery: The Rebirth of Tyranny in America by Gerry Spence.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
CliffByford

Post by CliffByford »

Buttnoid - my interest has been genuinely piqued by both those books. However, morbid curiosity has impelled me to accept Jake's offer. You could argue that I don't need to read any of those books to arrive at the same conclusions you reach but I am one for primary evidence. Besides, I plumped for the guy who you seemed to despise the least.

On a similar subject - Buttnoid, have you read much around British politics at all? There's much you'd find interesting, I'd wager.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

The Bernie Goldberg book isn't exactly Ideas Have Consequences, but it is less polemical than the others. He's a smart guy even if you disagree with many of his opinions. Plus it gives an overview of many people in American politics and academia that you may have not heard of before. It's a quick and interesting read.

I am more familiar with historical British politics than what has been going on since the Thatcher era ended. Most Brits that I know seem to have very little interest in political matters. The French and the Polish seem to be the most passionate and involved in politics compared to anyone else across the pond.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.