Even If You LOVE Obama, Here's Why You Shouldn't

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

invaziondrummer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Even If You LOVE Obama, Here's Why You Shouldn't

Post by invaziondrummer »

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Even If You LOVE Obama, Here's Why You Shouldn't

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

But, but, but, it was on Youtube .........
ImageImage
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:But, but, but, it was on Youtube .........

Youtube trumps those boring facts...I mean someone would have to actually, you know, read something! Where the fun in that!
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

I fucking hate Penn now, loudmouthed jackass. Wanna see some bullshit? Watch the episode of Bullshit about the Dalai Lama. God, what a fucking asshole!
ImageImageImage
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Didn't the Right blast Obama for being a "Star"? I've constantly heard wingers say "why would you listen to him, just because he's famous?" "Him" being anyone famous and liberal. Yet they will believe anything posted, written, or spoken by anyone with a bit of fame that espouses a conservative view.

Fuckin' nutjobs...the lot of them.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

WHY do you think the Third Right/Christian Wrong are so hell bent on OBLITERATING our public educational system to FLOOD the private schools with vouchers?

Because of people who would want to be known as a drummer for the Vinnie Vincent Invasion. It's bad folks, this country's day is done. Thanks Republicans, China thanks you all.
ImageImageImage
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

Skate4RnR wrote: Thanks Clinton and Bush, China now owns us all.
FYP
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

:lol: Thanks.
ImageImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Skate4RnR wrote:WHY do you think the Third Right/Christian Wrong are so hell bent on OBLITERATING our public educational system to FLOOD the private schools with vouchers?

Because people that are Christians don't want their children taught in a secular environment where morality is relative. Think about it: if you believed in a supreme metaphysical power, an independent objective view of morality, Kantian ethics of man as an end; would you want a bunch of left-wing, cultural Marxist, teacher's union, whatever you feel is okay teachers instructing your kids?

The answer for them is no. Skate, I understand that your personal spiritual journey is still a work in progress. But the ultimate question is whether the state or the parents have a higher interest in the instruction of their children's education. The answer is the parents. Always, the parents.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I thought it was because the extremely wealthy, the ones that pump money into the lobbyists and the campaigns in Washington actually want our nation to end up like Idiocracy. :lol:

Seriously, that's kind of what I meant.
ImageImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I don't think that the ultra-wealthy give a rat's ass about education. Contrary to the left wing interpretation of wealth, it really spans the gamut of political sympathies. For every Steve Forbes you have a George Soros. And the people that pump money into lobbyists, are from every political persuasion.

I grew up in private boarding schools where I was exposed to all types of political and social biases by teachers.

My view is that every teacher should have autonomous control of their curriculum. It's when the state starts ordering "every" teacher to instruct a certain viewpoint that I get scared.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.