Juan Williams

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Pill
Headlining Clubs

Re: Juan Williams

Post by Pill »

Cliffenstein wrote:Here's my address:
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

vlad wrote:Someone in Muslim garb had to go through the exact same screening as everyone else on the plane. The mere idea that someone is dressed in Muslim garb gives someone the willies? Oh for fuck's sake.

Btw, the people who flew the planes into the towers weren't in Muslim garb....they were dressed just like everyone else.

that was my first thought when i heard him say that as well. when i see someone is muslim garb on a plane i figure this guy KNEW he would be put through a lot of screening specifically because of how he is dressed. anyone going to get on a plane like that is the kinda person i want on my flight (as long as he doesnt smell bad).

its the middle eastern looking guys in jeans / sneakers that scare the shit out of me.

eta: pill, i havent been following this story all that closely, so i really dont know....but what specific NPR rule did he violate, and is it written into a signed contract?
Last edited by Drunk Kennedy on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffenstein
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cliffenstein »

Pill wrote:YOU ARE SO DUMB
YOU ARE REALLY DUMB
FOR REAL
You threatened to slap me on the internet.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:anyone going to get on a plane like that is the kinda person i want on my flight (as long as he doesnt smell bad).
Why do you assume that muslims smells bad?
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

being muslim has nothing to do with it...i travel a lot and almost everybody i ever sit next to stinks.
Pill
Headlining Clubs

Post by Pill »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:eta: pill, i havent been following this story all that closely, so i really dont know....but what specific NPR rule did he violate, and is it written into a signed contract?
The Ethics Code can be found here.
10. In appearing on TV or other media including electronic Web-based forums, NPR journalists should not express views they would not air in their role as an NPR journalist. They should not participate in shows electronic forums, or blogs that encourage punditry and speculation rather than fact-based analysis.
Cliffenstein wrote:You threatened to slap me on the internet.
You're right. I was going to slap you on the Internet. That was my intention.

Cunt.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:being muslim has nothing to do with it...i travel a lot and almost everybody i ever sit next to stinks.
Okay...thanks for clarifying.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Pill wrote:10. In appearing on TV or other media including electronic Web-based forums, NPR journalists should not express views they would not air in their role as an NPR journalist. They should not participate in shows electronic forums, or blogs that encourage punditry and speculation rather than fact-based analysis.
Plenty of other NPR journalists appear on shows, electronic forums, blogs that encourage punditry and speculation and have said things that any fair-minded individual would admit to being over the line on those shows...and they still have their jobs.
Pill
Headlining Clubs

Post by Pill »

And Juan Williams got $2 million. Quit your crying; the nigga ain't hurting.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Skate4RnR wrote:
Cliffenstein wrote:Mara Liasson is apparently on deck.

I've never heard of this YD fellow.

Should I be cowering in fear because I've been using a real photo of me as my avatar.
No Cliff. It ain't about political beliefs man, it's just as posted prior...there's some crazy ass motherfuckers around and we're lookin' out for you. That's all.

Cheers.
I'm not.. I really do think he's fucking stupid.
Cliffenstein wrote:You threatened to slap me on the internet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Cliff and Pill's computer can meet at the Oslo Burger King or at a mall in Colorado and settle this.. Idiot.
Pill
Headlining Clubs

Post by Pill »

Luminiferous wrote:Maybe Cliff and Pill's computer can meet at the Oslo Burger King or at a mall in Colorado and settle this.. Idiot.
:lol:
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
vlad wrote:Williams said a twatty thing..stupid..and here's a clue for anyone else that also thinks that..it's twatty.

Someone in Muslim garb had to go through the exact same screening as everyone else on the plane. The mere idea that someone is dressed in Muslim garb gives someone the willies? Oh for fuck's sake.

Btw, the people who flew the planes into the towers weren't in Muslim garb....they were dressed just like everyone else.

Also, this, judging by the fuckwits in my own town who can't tell a Sikh from a Muslim, the "Muslim garb" could be just about anything...people who dress "funny' scare the big badass Americans. What a bunch of pussies.

NPR liberal? Not for years.

Go and fuck Whoopie Goldberg Vlad,
you commie cunt.The world needs more Cliffys
and less Vlads.
Speaking of fuckwits.

Somebody I've never seen before has their undies in a bunch...jeff, is that you? :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Cliffenstein wrote:Calling all rabid, left-wing metal-sludgers...I just finished early voting. I didn't vote for a single Democrat!
Shocking!!!!!!! Your posting history had everyone guessing... :lol:
Last edited by Luminiferous on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Pill wrote:nigga
Racist
Cliffenstein

Post by Cliffenstein »

Pill wrote:the nigga ain't hurting.
More proof that liberals are the racists.
Pill
Headlining Clubs

Post by Pill »

Cliffenstein wrote:
Racist
:lol:
Cliffenstein wrote:
:lol: :lol:
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:
vlad wrote:Someone in Muslim garb had to go through the exact same screening as everyone else on the plane. The mere idea that someone is dressed in Muslim garb gives someone the willies? Oh for fuck's sake.

that was my first thought when i heard him say that as well. when i see someone is muslim garb on a plane i figure this guy KNEW he would be put through a lot of screening specifically because of how he is dressed. anyone going to get on a plane like that is the kinda person i want on my flight (as long as he doesnt smell bad).

its the middle eastern looking guys in jeans / sneakers that scare the shit out of me.

eta: pill, i havent been following this story all that closely, so i really dont know....but what specific NPR rule did he violate, and is it written into a signed contract?
I'm more scared of the screaming babies and toddlers. And if I get stuck next to some chatty idiot.

I avoid flying at all costs now. From where I live to the airport, the time it takes in the airport and the time I need to get somewhere from the airport...I can drive most places in the country nearly as quick, without the incredibly annoying crap that one has to go through.

I'll only fly to AK (and have been thinking that a nice long boat ride wouldn't be that bad) and if I were to go overseas.

The next trip back east is going to be by train. I really, really hate airports and the airlines these days.

One stupid thing...when I was flying to AK a few years ago, I packed in a box, a set of kitchen knives that a friend asked me to bring up. I was checking them and the super dooper x-ray machine people kind of freaked out when I told them there were knives in the luggage I was checking in, not carry on. They had to make a big deal about opening the well taped box to yes, find out that there were kitchen knives in the box.

What did they think, I would somehow sneak down into the luggage compartment and then sneak back into the passenger cabin with them?

If they did, then why let me take them at all...the whole thing was annoying as hell.
LJP 2002-2014

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

vlad wrote:
Drunk Kennedy wrote:

I'm more scared of the screaming babies and toddlers. And if I get stuck next to some chatty idiot.

I avoid flying at all costs now. From where I live to the airport, the time it takes in the airport and the time I need to get somewhere from the airport...I can drive most places in the country nearly as quick, without the incredibly annoying crap that one has to go through.

I'll only fly to AK (and have been thinking that a nice long boat ride wouldn't be that bad) and if I were to go overseas.

The next trip back east is going to be by train. I really, really hate airports and the airlines these days.

One stupid thing...when I was flying to AK a few years ago, I packed in a box, a set of kitchen knives that a friend asked me to bring up. I was checking them and the super dooper x-ray machine people kind of freaked out when I told them there were knives in the luggage I was checking in, not carry on. They had to make a big deal about opening the well taped box to yes, find out that there were kitchen knives in the box.

What did they think, I would somehow sneak down into the luggage compartment and then sneak back into the passenger cabin with them?

If they did, then why let me take them at all...the whole thing was annoying as hell.
completely agree with you on flying. Ever take a train cross country?
But taking ANY knives on a plane isnt too bright. Regardless of what kind of knife. Next time I fly the only thing I am bringing is clothes & laptop. Everything else will be bought at whatever destination I end up at.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Pill wrote:
Tommy wrote:NPR can eat a dick
Why? Williams broke NPR's policies, which I'm sure he knew about seeing as he was there 11 years. Of course, FOX didn't mention that.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He got $2 million out of the deal. Pundits and bloggers on both sides got something to bitch about. Everybody wins.
Freedom of speech is against NPR's policies? Good to know....

Edit to note that I saw the article of their ethics code, so in effect he violated their censorship policies. That is also good to know.
Last edited by lerxstcat on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

yeahbuddy wrote:
completely agree with you on flying. Ever take a train cross country?

But taking ANY knives on a plane isnt too bright. Regardless of what kind of knife. Next time I fly the only thing I am bringing is clothes & laptop. Everything else will be bought at whatever destination I end up at.
Well, the kitchen knife set was a very expensive set that one just can't go pick up at the local store in Kodiak. It was their personal set they wanted. And do you know how the same set would arrived if I had mailed it? On the same jet or prop that I would be riding on. Because that's how mail gets to the island. ;)

I don't think it's stupid at all...again, it was in a taped up box in the luggage bin. People flying to AK have to take all kinds of things with them on the plane...because very often, you simply can not get it there in any timely manner any other way. Hunting parties to fly in to AK have to take their guns, etc with them on the plane...I've brought everything from the knife set to large boat engine parts on the plane with me. The last one cost a couple hundred bucks extra because of the weight. But it would have cost more to have it shipped up alternatively.

And one of the big touristy souvenirs is the ulu, a traditional Native Alaskan knife. It is so common that there are signs in the airport reminding people to check their ulus, not try to carry them on board.

You wouldn't believe what gets loaded onto the smaller planes island and bush hopping, including guns...because that's how you get there with your stuff. Of course, some of the small plane pilots take detours to scout for deer, so there is that. One or two might share their whiskey with you, too. And these are "offcial airline" pilots. :D

I haven't taken a cross country train..I really want to. All my life I've traveled across the country with my family froma very early age. The highways that followed the train tracks were really cool. Some long train would be going along with us and then disappear into some unknown route...I'd like to see the unknown route.
LJP 2002-2014

pulsar0510
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by pulsar0510 »

Pill wrote:10. In appearing on TV or other media including electronic Web-based forums, NPR journalists should not express views they would not air in their role as an NPR journalist. They should not participate in shows electronic forums, or blogs that encourage punditry and speculation rather than fact-based analysis.

He said in the (2nd?) article that he would have said it on NPR, so he didn't break that part of the rule. And since it must be assumed he had permission (he wasn't fired for not) what part of the rule did he break? It's not like whoever said it was ok for him to do the show didn't know what O'Reillys show is like.
Its a bullshit firing I wouldn't be surprised if it gets "reevaluated".
I tend to enjoy NPR overall. Since music radio is for shit and the right wing screamers are both batshit crazy and annoying as fuck, plus the fact that NPR broadcasts BBC News regularly, I listen to it when I listen to the radio. But they are at least as intolerant of other viewpoints as their right wing counterparts.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

What won't get you fired from NPR?

Nina Totenberg:
Wishing Jesse Helms would "get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it." Expressing a wish that the grandchild of a U.S. Senator get AIDS?
Sounds like a personal opinion to me. But hey, she's a liberal, and she's white, and she doesn't work for Fox News, so all is good.
She has criticized a ruling of the John Roberts Court as scandalous, claimed that Michelle Obama gives people “warm and fuzzy” feelings, called Bill Clinton “the most gifted politician I’ve ever seen” and lamented that the Democratic Party is diverse enough to include moderates that want to extend all Bush tax cuts.

Nina Totenberg is still working for NPR as the legal affairs correspondent.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Cliffenstein wrote:
Drunk Kennedy wrote:anyone going to get on a plane like that is the kinda person i want on my flight (as long as he doesnt smell bad).
Why do you assume that muslims smells bad?
Yeah, everyone knows it's Hindus and Sikhs who smell bad.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Cliffenstein wrote:
Racist

Cliffenstein wrote:
ImageImage
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

vlad wrote:
Cyber Spirit wrote:
vlad wrote:Williams said a twatty thing..stupid..and here's a clue for anyone else that also thinks that..it's twatty.

Someone in Muslim garb had to go through the exact same screening as everyone else on the plane. The mere idea that someone is dressed in Muslim garb gives someone the willies? Oh for fuck's sake.

Also, this, judging by the fuckwits in my own town who can't tell a Sikh from a Muslim, the "Muslim garb" could be just about anything...people who dress "funny' scare the big badass Americans. What a bunch of pussies.

NPR liberal? Not for years.

Go and fuck Whoopie Goldberg Vlad,
you commie cunt.The world needs more Cliffys
and less Vlads.
Speaking of fuckwits.

Somebody I've never seen before has their undies in a bunch...jeff, is that you? :lol:

Yes im Jeff.How do you know that??.
prog

Post by prog »

What, pray tell, constitutes "Muslim Garb"?

http://muslimswearingthings.tumblr.com/
NickoLeeBenante
It Hurts When I Pee

Post by NickoLeeBenante »

I can't make myself care much about the plight of a guy who got fired from one of his jobs only to sign a multi-million dollar contract extension the following day with another while unemployment hovers just below 10%.

The only good thing that came out of this story were reports of indignant callers to NPR announcing that they were never going to watch NPR again.
Anthrax442 wrote:Yeah, I'll take that under advisement, Mr. 88-Post-Alternym.
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

"We'd just get stoned and watch the radio!"-Robin Williams
ImageImageImage
LuciferSanchez
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by LuciferSanchez »

Williams can get angry over consistency - or inconsistency - but I hate the fact that people feel his "freedom of speech" rights are being suppressed. Congress made no law suppressing his speech nor is he going to jail for what he said. He was fired by his employer, whether it was right or not, he can talk about the the employers inconsistency with others but take the free speech argument out.
"You can be a conceited asshole, just as long as you're a conceited asshole who's also a famous dead genius rock star in disguise."
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

NickoLeeBenante wrote:
The only good thing that came out of this story were reports of indignant callers to NPR announcing that they were never going to watch NPR again.
LOL....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
LJP 2002-2014