Question about Obama and his place of birth

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Question about Obama and his place of birth

Post by Nemesis »

I must be missing something about this whole debate when it comes to where Obama was born. From what I understand as long as one of a child's parents is a US citizen the child is automatically a US citizen regardless of what country he was born in. Since his Mom was a citizen what's the big deal regarding this Hawaiian birth certificate and his not being eligible to be President because some people are claiming he wasn't born there since they haven't produced a birth certificate(that's just what I've read)

My sister was born in London and she's a US citizen since one or both of her parents are so that's why I'm confused. Does the law only apply to some people?

If this has been discussed, excuse me for bringing it up. I just read it on another board once again and it has me confused as to why people keep saying this and thought some of the more politically savvy people here could tell me why. I would bring it up there but it was a right wing board so I doubt I'll get an unbiased opinion.

I know it could be a case of sour grapes on the Republican side but is there another law that overrides the constitution?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Re: Question about Obama and his place of birth

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

The requirement to become President is to be a natural-born citizen, the citizenship of either parent or naturalization in not enough. The birthers believe that President Obama may not have been born in the United States because he has not produced a long form birth certificate. He has produced a so-called "certificate of live birth" which is an official document from Hawaii confirming his birth in that state.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Nemesis wrote:I must be missing something about this whole debate when it comes to where Obama was born.
This is because you aren't a retard.

Congratulations.
bonedog69
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog69 »

Obama was born in Kenya. He has been covering it up for years. And the left-leaning mainstream media refuse to investigate it.
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If Muppet Butt's writing was a literary movement, it would be considered post-retarded.
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:The requirement to become President is to be a natural-born citizen, the citizenship of either parent or naturalization in not enough. The birthers believe that President Obama may not have been born in the United States because he has not produced a long form birth certificate. He has produced a so-called "certificate of live birth" which is an official document from Hawaii confirming his birth in that state.

Thanks. I was just reading up on this and it seems that we had another President like this-Chester Arthur. His Mom was American, his dad Irish and he was born in Canada. Since he also held British citizenship and wasn't born on US soil they also challenged his right to hold the office.

John McCain was born in a US territory-would he be able to hold the office?
bonedog69
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog69 »

Nemesis wrote:
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:The requirement to become President is to be a natural-born citizen, the citizenship of either parent or naturalization in not enough. The birthers believe that President Obama may not have been born in the United States because he has not produced a long form birth certificate. He has produced a so-called "certificate of live birth" which is an official document from Hawaii confirming his birth in that state.

Thanks. I was just reading up on this and it seems that we had another President like this-Chester Arthur. His Mom was American, his dad Irish and he was born in Canada. Since he also held British citizenship and wasn't born on US soil they also challenged his right to hold the office.

John McCain was born in a US territory-would he be able to hold the office?
Yes, he could.
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If Muppet Butt's writing was a literary movement, it would be considered post-retarded.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Start saving your pennies, doubters. Old Ben might have the answer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... r-100.html
Hawaii 'to sell copies of Barack Obama's birth certificate' for $100
Hawaii may sell copies of President Barack Obama's birth certificate to anyone for $100 (£63) in an attempt to end skepticism over where he was born.

Democrat politicians have introduced a bill in the state legislature which would change a current privacy law.

That law bars the release of birth records unless the request is made by someone with a tangible interest, such as a close family member or a court.

The new move is an attempt to placate so-called "birthers" who claim there is no proof Mr Obama was born in the United States, and that he is therefore ineligible to be president.

The Obama campaign issued a certification of live birth in 2008, an official document from the state showing the president's birth details in Hawaii.

Notices were also published in two local newspapers within days of his birth at a Honolulu hospital.

But Governor Neil Abercrombie, who knew Mr Obama as a child, has been prevented from releasing birth information held by the state because of its privacy law.

Hawaii politician Rida Cabanilla, who is sponsoring the new bill, said: "If it passes, it will calm the birthers down. All these people are still doubting it because they don't want the birth certificate from Obama. They want it from our state office." He said the $100 fee would help to offset the extra work by state employees who currently handle frequent inquiries from people who want proof of Mr Obama's birth in Hawaii.

The bill said: "The continually increasing number of requests have caused the department of health distress as state resources, including employee time and energy, have to be diverted from other department responsibilities."
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The birthers will never calm down. They'll just find another reason to disbelieve anything that is put out. They have too much invested in their stupid charade to give it up now.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

10thers/Tenthers > Birthers.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I don't care where he was born I just don't like him because he's black with a Muslim sounding name.
ImageImageImage
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Skate4RnR wrote:I don't care where he was born I just don't like him because he's black with a Muslim sounding name.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Might as well say it right if you're a birther.
ImageImageImage
J88ROCK
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by J88ROCK »

Yeah! Kind of like global warming.
tin00can wrote:The birthers will never calm down. They'll just find another reason to disbelieve anything that is put out. They have too much invested in their stupid charade to give it up now.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Global warming is a goddamn myth! All these scientists are arguing over whether it's occurring naturally or whether it started during the Industrial Revolution. I day DUH! IT DOESN'T EXIST! WE USED TO KICK YOUR NERD ASSES IN HIGH SCHOOL BITCH GO PACKERS!
ImageImageImage
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I must be missing something about this whole debate when it comes to where Obama was born.
This is because you aren't a retard.

Congratulations.
This.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

bonedog69 wrote:Obama was born in Kenya. He has been covering it up for years. And the left-leaning mainstream media refuse to investigate it.
What's stopping the right from investigating? It's their bullshit story after all.
bonedog69
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog69 »

Skate4RnR wrote:I don't care where he was born I just don't like him because he's black with a Muslim sounding name.
Whassup Skate? Long time, no speak.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

It was a smear tactic that might have swayed a few votes for the GOP amongst the moron contingent during the campaign, but it's long since a dead issue. A handful of retards won't let it go. If Obama wasn't in a position to legally be the president, he wouldn't be the president. I'm not a fan of the prez, but this one is fucking stupid.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

The reason King Obama won't produce an actual birth certificate, is because as long as people are talking about where he was born etc, they're not talking about what a complete fuck up he is.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nevermind wrote:The reason King Obama won't produce an actual birth certificate, is because as long as people are talking about where he was born etc, they're not talking about what a complete fuck up he is.

Yeah, I know! We never hear about how Obama is fucking up, all we hear nowadays is that he won't produce his birth certificate.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Yeah, some diversionary tactic that's turned out to be. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

tin00can wrote:
Nevermind wrote:The reason King Obama won't produce an actual birth certificate, is because as long as people are talking about where he was born etc, they're not talking about what a complete fuck up he is.

Yeah, I know! We never hear about how Obama is fucking up, all we hear nowadays is that he won't produce his birth certificate.

I hardly ever hear about it unless someone like Chris Matthews slips it in there, as a digestif to some baseless dig at the opposition. The only people that give press to the "birthers" are the left wing that keep it in the news. You have a tiny minority of people that think he's lying about his birth and a large segment of the news media that use it as a red herring to discount criticism of The President.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

tin00can wrote:The birthers will never calm down. They'll just find another reason to disbelieve anything that is put out. They have too much invested in their stupid charade to give it up now.
Kind of like global warming.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

The Earth is getting warmer, scientists differ on whether it's occurring naturally or whether it's because of man. I doubt we've done anything to hurt the ozone or anything like that.
ImageImageImage
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Personally, I think all of you birthers should just suck it up and deal. I had to deal with a President who stole an election for eight years, I think it's only fair you idiots get to deal with a Kenyan born or Mars born, or whatever the fuck you think, President. 8)
J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

Agree. It was sarcasm.
Skate4RnR wrote:Global warming is a goddamn myth! All these scientists are arguing over whether it's occurring naturally or whether it started during the Industrial Revolution. I day DUH! IT DOESN'T EXIST! WE USED TO KICK YOUR NERD ASSES IN HIGH SCHOOL BITCH GO PACKERS!