You know what I don't get?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

You know what I don't get?

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

The AVERAGE American makes LESS than $60,000 a year.

Yet they vote for rich uptight dickheads on BOTH sides of the political fence to represent them.

How is it, people think, some rich guy who makes more than $100,000 + a year is going to represent them anywhere NEAR their best interests? It is simply not logical and America needs to wake the FUCK UP!

/rant

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Re: You know what I don't get?

Post by Nevermind »

So a poor guy living in an alley boozing it up would better represent you?
The rich guy got to where he's at by making good decisions, and odds are, the poor guy got to his place in society, by making stupid decisions.

Why wouldn't you want a successful person representing you?

The decisions that poor guy made for himself are the same decisons that he would make for the entire country.
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

Nevermind wrote:So a poor guy living in an alley boozing it up would better represent you?
The rich guy got to where he's at by making good decisions, and odds are, the poor guy got to his place in society, by making stupid decisions.

The decisions that poor guy made for himself are the same decisons that he would make for the entire country.
most of them come from money...

and a lot of successful people have ended up pennyless.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Woland wrote:
Nevermind wrote:So a poor guy living in an alley boozing it up would better represent you?

Link? Just saying it doesn't make it true.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Rich guys like John Kerry or Ted Kennedy? :lol: Maybe Kenneth Lay, CEO of Enron? Why not Dick Fuld, CEO of Lehman Brothers? I know! Angelo Muzilo of Countrywide Financial is your guy. No? What about Jimmy Cayne from Bear Stearns? Perhaps you would be better represented by Bernard Madoff? He did pretty good for himself.
Nevermind wrote: Just saying it doesn't make it true.
:lol:
ImageImage
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

i want a link to all this 'new' money, first.

but it'll probably be a bunch of rappers and dj's :lol:.
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

The decisions that poor guy made for himself are the same decisions that he would make for the entire country.
If ANY of these are true then why do these so called "successful men" make all the WRONG decisions as a politician? Why is that, that all they ever seem to do is further the good of corporate America while trampling on consumer rights, workers rights and the rights of the American people?

Oh, that's right, they are all willing to take payoffs and HUGE campaign contributions from those same companies in order to enforce corporate America's will upon the people of this country!

Most of them have come from OLD money and the ones who were not born into money have not gotten that way by skill or "the right decision", they have been "GROOMED" by a special interest groups/corporations to take those spots in politics in order to further their own private agenda.

It seems Americans have not voted for someone who truly represents them since the early 60's. SAD, sad, sad.

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Since nobody ever answered the question I asked, I'm just going to go ahead and assume this dude "truly represents you".

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Your question was ridiculous and served only to indicate further your ignorance and stupidity.

Here's a rich guy to represent you:
ImageImage
Liquid Boom Boom
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Liquid Boom Boom »

You know what I don't get...why liberals are so goddamn stupid.
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

most people are stupid.

nothing to do with your political beliefs.
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Nevermind, here's your answer in SPADES:

George Bush Jr, who's family is RICH and therefore makes him rich, was NOT a successful businessman and every company he ran prior to being president went UNDER.

He the took a SURPLUS US economy and drove it into the largest deficit in the country's history!

So much for your rich = "success theory".

Now I'll counter that with another US president.

Harry S Truman.

A common man born in a POOR family.
Married into a wealthy family who's very money he was not allowed access to! So still no $$$.

Failed at a haberdashery (hat shop), failed as a stockbroker and a farmer. Yet became one of the best and POPULAR US presidents in the last century. Why was he so successful and popular? He represented the "average American". He was a no bullshit COMMON sense man and THAT my fellow sludgers is what is MISSING from today's politicians.

So you jumping to your "vote for a homeless" person post only further showed your ignorance, but across the boards even proved your lack of ability to even give a REASONABLE response to this post in the first place!

BRAVO!

Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

Hey, any one of us can become President of the United States. I learned that shit when I was little; when they taught us that Columbus discovered America you know? What school did you idiots go to?
ImageImageImage
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

Carter was a peanut farmer. Granted he had a degree in nuclear engineering, but a peanut farmer, nevertheless.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Woland
Playing in a Garage

Post by Woland »

TravisBickelsMohawk wrote:Carter was a peanut farmer. Granted he had a degree in nuclear engineering, but a peanut farmer, nevertheless.
um... do you know how huge his farms were?

nothing close to being modest.
VinnieKulick
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VinnieKulick »

Even if you vote for somebody who "only" makes $60,000 he's "rich" when he gets his $140,000 (or whatever the amount is) per year salary from Congress.
ImageImage
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

VinnieKulick wrote:Even if you vote for somebody who "only" makes $60,000 he's "rich" when he gets his $140,000 (or whatever the amount is) per year salary from Congress.
Rich is in the wallet of the beholder.
ImageImage
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

During the latest economic crisis between 2008 and 2011, the upper one percent of Americans gained two trillion dollars in wealth. $2,000,000,000,000 in their pockets.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

I'd sure as hell vote for a drunken bum over any asshole Republican anyday.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

You know what I don't get? Airline food. What's the deal?!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
joey64
Headlining Clubs

Post by joey64 »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:The AVERAGE American makes LESS than $60,000 a year.

Yet they vote for rich uptight dickheads on BOTH sides of the political fence to represent them.

How is it, people think, some rich guy who makes more than $100,000 + a year is going to represent them anywhere NEAR their best interests? It is simply not logical and America needs to wake the FUCK UP!

/rant
you can only vote for the politicians that are on the ballot, poor people don't have any funds to run for political office so they are not on the ballot at any level

most people want someone with some kind of track record of success to be their political representatives, so I guess they think somebody being rich means they are smart enough to do the job
insouciance - the fine art of not giving a shit, done in a classy way
steeler36
Forming a Band

Post by steeler36 »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:The AVERAGE American makes LESS than $60,000 a year.

You are so stupid, you shouldn't be able to vote. Do you even pay federal income taxes? Probably not! I make more than $100k a year and work my fucking ass off and actually create jobs since I owe a small business. I wouldn't hire your dumb ass.

/rant
tottyspotter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by tottyspotter »

I thought you were gonna say "pussy".
steeler36
Forming a Band

Post by steeler36 »

Good point!!! Let's hire the local auto body shop mechanic making $50,000 a year who doesn't have a college education and knows nothing about running a business, never been to a different country, and can't even name the Prime Minister of the U.K be our next president. Yeah, that will work!! :D

/rant
steeler36
Forming a Band

Post by steeler36 »

Uh, Lincoln? BTW, a Republican.

What are the names of the companies that Bush Jr ran into the ground?
ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:Nevermind, here's your answer in SPADES:

George Bush Jr, who's family is RICH and therefore makes him rich, was NOT a successful businessman and every company he ran prior to being president went UNDER.

He the took a SURPLUS US economy and drove it into the largest deficit in the country's history!

So much for your rich = "success theory".

Now I'll counter that with another US president.

Harry S Truman.

A common man born in a POOR family.
Married into a wealthy family who's very money he was not allowed access to! So still no $$$.

Failed at a haberdashery (hat shop), failed as a stockbroker and a farmer. Yet became one of the best and POPULAR US presidents in the last century. Why was he so successful and popular? He represented the "average American". He was a no bullshit COMMON sense man and THAT my fellow sludgers is what is MISSING from today's politicians.

So you jumping to your "vote for a homeless" person post only further showed your ignorance, but across the boards even proved your lack of ability to even give a REASONABLE response to this post in the first place!

BRAVO!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:
When did 100K become rich?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Woland wrote:

On what are you basing that?

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:

The decisions that poor guy made for himself are the same decisions that he would make for the entire country.
If ANY of these are true then why do these so called "successful men" make all the WRONG decisions as a politician? Why is that, that all they ever seem to do is further the good of corporate America while trampling on consumer rights, workers rights and the rights of the American people?
Because they're politicians not business people once they throw their hat in the ring. The very thing that made them successful no longer applies when you need to win people's votes. You can't just say 'hey Mexicans...why don't you stop shitting out a dozen kids? Or hey black guys, why don't you stick around and raise those kids your abandoning? Or hey wealthy douchebags saying wealthy douchebags don't pay enough, why don't you fire all your financial adivisers you hire to find you every single deduction so you can remain wealthier and simply pay the highest amount allowable by law? Or hey guys who still have a manufacturing job, the days of making $40 an hour to watch guys making $30 an hour build shitty products are over. Deal with it and move onto something else or accept that your jobs are going to Mexico. Or hey religious right, why don't you stay the fuck out of things that don't matter anymore like religion or gay marriage because at the end of the day they have nothing to do with official national business? You're burning up our resources making us focus on this bullshit.' No one wants to hear they're shitty unproductive members of society or flaming hypocrites, they want to hear 'we'll take care of you.

$tevil
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

steeler36 wrote:Uh, Lincoln? BTW, a Republican.

What are the names of the companies that Bush Jr ran into the ground?
Arbusto (Spanish for bush)
Spectrum 7 Energy
Harken Energy
ImageImage
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:Nevermind, here's your answer in SPADES:

Only to be trumped (by a LONG shot) by his successor!