Unemployment rate falls to 8.3%...helps Obama's re-election

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Re: Unemployment rate falls to 8.3%...helps Obama's re-elect

Post by brotherplanet »

tin00can wrote:
brotherplanet wrote:So you don't think Forbes has editors? They just let their writers run with total abandon?

Okay.

Anyway...

So, what would you say to those 13,000,000 people still unemployed who didn't get the memo that the recession is over?

When by your definition the recession is over, what will you say to the people that are still unemployed and didn't get the message that it ended?

Cool question, brah.

Me? I'd tell them anyone saying the recession is over is full of shit and is trying to ease people with marketing rather than reality.

"Hey, the recession is over. You still can't find a job and there are at least 13 MILLION of you..? Maybe 16 MILLION of you? Ohh... It's just your imagination. There's no recession. You don't believe me? But Obama got the unemployment rate down from 8.5% to 8.3%. What do you mean a .2% difference is almost nothing? Why that's almost 150,000 people out of 13,000,000 people. I mean at that rate you'll all have jobs in about 86 years."

So DEATH ROW JOE... You said I was stupid as hell, but funny, so please answer my question...

What would you say to those 13,000,000 people still unemployed who didn't get the memo that the recession is over?
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

brotherplanet wrote: So DEATH ROW JOE... You said I was stupid as hell, but funny, so please answer my question...

What would you say to those 13,000,000 people still unemployed who didn't get the memo that the recession is over?
I answered your question 3 times already you idiot. One more time since you are really, really slow.

1) The employment cycle lags the business cycle. That means unemployment continues to rise after the recession ends. Since the unemployment rate has been falling for over 2 years, the recession is clearly over no matter how many people are out of work.

From the NBER report:
In particular, in 2001-03, the trough in payroll employment occurred 21 months after the NBER trough date.

2) Every major media outlet has announced that the recession ended in June 2009, even Forbes.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/09/20/briefi ... rally.html
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

brotherplanet wrote:
tin00can wrote:
brotherplanet wrote:So you don't think Forbes has editors? They just let their writers run with total abandon?

Okay.

Anyway...

So, what would you say to those 13,000,000 people still unemployed who didn't get the memo that the recession is over?

When by your definition the recession is over, what will you say to the people that are still unemployed and didn't get the message that it ended?

Cool question, brah.

Me? I'd tell them anyone saying the recession is over is full of shit and is trying to ease people with marketing rather than reality.

Way to not answer the question. Again...when BY YOUR DEFINITION the recession is over, what will you say to the people that are still unemployed?
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

tin00can wrote:.
Way to not answer the question. Again...when BY YOUR DEFINITION the recession is over, what will you say to the people that are still unemployed?

I think you're responding to the wrong person. I'm not the one saying the recession is over.

Now, if you're asking what I will say when it really is over... Well at that point unemployment will be under 5% and it will be a normal economy with growth with some unemployed since we will never have a 0% unemployment rate.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

And you still don't answer the question. Let me break it down for you again: in a post above when somebody said the recession was over, you said that it wasn't and asked them what they'd say to all the people that are still unemployed.

So, I asked you what you would say to the people that are still unemployed when by your definition the recession is over. You still haven't answered that. You said what you define acceptable unemployment as, but not what you'd say to those that are still unemployed. You know, the question you asked somebody else.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

brotherplanet wrote: Now, if you're asking what I will say when it really is over...
The recession is really over you fucking moron. Capacity utilization has gone from 67% to 77% since June 2009. Capacity utilization does not increase during a recession.

brotherplanet, you're the worst kind of internet persona. It's clear to everyone that you don't have any idea what you are talking about yet you persist in maintaining your position. Very sad that you simply don't have the sack to own up to your ignorance.
brotherplanet wrote: Well at that point unemployment will be under 5% and it will be a normal economy with growth with some unemployed since we will never have a 0% unemployment rate.
The word "recession" does not mean "not at full employment."

You do not understand what the word recession means. It is that simple.

The unemployment rate has only been below 5% for about 20 months in the past 40 years. According to you, the economy has been in recession 90% of the time during the past 40 years. Full employment is always temporary as you can see from the unemployment rate.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:[According to you, the economy has been in recession 90% of the time during the past 40 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
brotherplanet wrote: So DEATH ROW JOE... You said I was stupid as hell, but funny, so please answer my question...

I answered your question 3 times already you idiot. One more time since you are really, really slow.

1) The employment cycle lags the business cycle. That means unemployment continues to rise after the recession ends. Since the unemployment rate has been falling for over 2 years, the recession is clearly over no matter how many people are out of work.
2012-2009 = 3 Years

Oh stop, unemployment has been going up and down like a hookers draws for about four years now. We drop .02% and you're having wet dreams over it. Then again you're the same person who gets excited by corporate profits even when they hoard the money and it doesn't benefit the country.

I bet you think you're rich when your neighbor wins the lottery as well.

Heenan Snuka After this is over and we have a normal economy again (2-3% unemployment) pay attention to what they're saying on the news the moment unemployment starts heading towards 5%.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Yeah Heenan, when that happens you'll see he's right!
ImageImageImage
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

brotherplanet wrote: Heenan Snuka After this is over and we have a normal economy again (2-3% unemployment) pay attention to what they're saying on the news the moment unemployment starts heading towards 5%.
Heenan Snuka wrote:would u shit bricks if that happened? have u ever shit bricks over unemployment statistics? did it hurt? did ur asshole bleed? did u build a brick shithouse with them?
ImageImage
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

How many times can you get owned in one thread and still keep coming back for more? This brotherplanet's an interesting case, I'll be following his development here. Or lack thereof.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by NeilC »

I am truly amazed that not ONE single mass/major media outlet has reported the real unemployment numbers-not one. We are easily double-digit unemployment. Have you noticed how many "for sale" and "for lease" signs there are? I am not entirely blaming Obama but it is pretty pathetic that the Federal Government let alone state Gpv doesn't do anything about the high cost of gas! At the least they could AT LEAST temporarily suspend the tax on gas so you would get a bit of a break at the pump.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

RATTrules wrote:The stock market surged yesterday on the great labor news! Economists called it a "touchdown"!

What excuses will the Repukes use now when the economy is getting better?

This is an absolutely erroneous claim, that statistic is invalid...

Think about it!
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

brotherplanet wrote:
tin00can wrote:
brotherplanet wrote:

Cool question, brah.

And you think Romney and the Repukes even give a fuck about 99% of the population?? Romney and the Repukes only care about the rich and don't give a fuck about the average American! Romney earns $57,000 every single day which is more than than a family of 4 makes in an entire YEAR!

Romney cannot relate to the average American and that's why Obama will be re-elected!