Chairman of Democratic National Committee sucks at job

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Chairman of Democratic National Committee sucks at job

Post by CliffByford »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -kill-list

Arrogance or stupidity? You decide.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Chairman of Democratic National Committee sucks at job

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

'Or'? More like 'and'.
ImageImage
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

"Here she is after the second presidential debate being asked by Luke Rudkowski of We Are Change about the "kill list" and whether Romney should be trusted with this power."

A secret kill list was never mentioned during the second debate. Maybe Romney will bring it up in the debate Monday in between criticizing Obama for coddling terrorists and apologizing for America.

The allegation during the debate was that Obama has been soft on terrorism. When she was asked a question about whether Obama has been too tough on terrorism, it caught her off guard. She was expecting to sell Obama as a tough Commander in Chief but then put in a position where she had to sell Obama as soft on terrorism.

Maybe she would have answered the question if it was phrased in a way that directly related to what was said in the debate and did not presume misconduct.

He should have said "In the debate, Romney claimed that 'president's policies throughout the Middle East began with an apology tour' yet the president has a list of people in the middle east who are targeted and has been criticized for violating due process while fighting terrorism" and then asked whether Romney's depiction of Obama during the debate was accurate.

Transcript And Audio: Second Presidential Debate
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/16/163050988 ... ial-debate
Danzig in the Dark

He didn't claim it was discussed in the debate. Unless her newspaper.magazine reading list is shorter than Palin's, I don't see how she could be totally ignorant of this 'kill list' issue.
ImageImage
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Fuck off with that equivocating DRJ - so just because a topic isn't strictly within bounds of material covered by the debate, it shouldn't be addressed at all? I don't disagree with you often, but on this occasion I think you're attempting to defend the indefensible.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
Danzig in the Dark

I would rather have Obama than Romney in the White House but I won't pretend everything he does is justifiable. That's the kind of crap I expect from Republicans.
ImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Glenn Greenwald thinks she's just incompetent and ignorant and that she honestly didn't know about the kill list. I think she knew damn well and didn't want to answer the question. There is no way in hell the head of the DNC and a Congresswoman who was on the fucking House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security didn't know about targeted assassinations.

This kind of Democratic Party faux outrage is a typical response when these foreign policy questions get asked.

John Cook of Gawker asked similar questions in a video to Democratic Sen Kay Hagen, Schumer, Cory Booker, Carl Levin, Lanny Davis. And they had similar actions.

Bill Press is the only one who gives an honest answer.

http://gawker.com/5941326/ask-the-dnc-i ... -kill-list
Last edited by SeminiferousButtNoid on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
He should have said "In the debate, Romney claimed that 'president's policies throughout the Middle East began with an apology tour' yet the president has a list of people in the middle east who are targeted and has been criticized for violating due process while fighting terrorism" and then asked whether Romney's depiction of Obama during the debate was accurate.
So basically you wanted him to ask a question that was deferential to the President and would allow her to wiggle out of an answer by tying it back to attacking an irrelevant Romney mischaracterization of Obama. That's the kind of question a political operative would ask. Journalists, real journalists, ask questions exactly like the interviewer did in that video.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:The allegation during the debate was that Obama has been soft on terrorism. When she was asked a question about whether Obama has been too tough on terrorism, it caught her off guard.

so she was PREPARED to say how tuff obama has been on terrorism (cause the initial accusation was that he was being soft)...but when the interviewer threw her a curve ball, and asked what she thought about obama being tuff or terrorism...thats when she got confused and said obama is being soft on terrorism?

yeah..that makes sense.

how about we just call DWS a fucking tool and call it a day.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:There is no way in hell the head of the DNC and a Congresswoman who was on the fucking House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security didn't know about targeted assassinations.

:shock:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately