What are sensible gun laws?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: What are sensible gun laws?

Post by Constantine »

aLL THE HODLUMS AND HOOLIGANS ARE ON THEIR WAT TO nEW yORK ect... CAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A FREE SHOOTING RANGE AS THE CITIZENS ARENT ARMED ANYMORE.

Guns are wrong but you cant just take peoples guins away when every bad guys have one.

Obamas schizophrenia is gonna bring your country to civil war.

Think.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Constantine wrote:aLL THE HODLUMS AND HOOLIGANS ARE ON THEIR WAT TO nEW yORK ect... CAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A FREE SHOOTING RANGE AS THE CITIZENS ARENT ARMED ANYMORE.

Guns are wrong but you cant just take peoples guins away when every bad guys have one.

Think.
This
Hollywood's Burning wrote:A Kisstard is someone who, despite being a grown-up (in age), actually gets upset/angry about who is pretending to be a kittycat and who is pretending to be a spaceman.
Hooligan
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Hooligan »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:Big surprise, I'm a pro gun 2nd amendment guy. That being said, I have no problem with a waiting period, required saftey training, "fingerprints" for every weapon, closing the gun show loop and periodic renewal of permits.

I would, however, like to see any of these done in partnership with the NRA and limit the feds involvement.

the 2nd ain't about hunting, or even self defense. It's about having the ability to take out the government if it ever gets too out of control. No wonder the current liberal establishments wants guns gone.

Yeah?...good luck with that.

http://readersupportednews.org/off-site ... med-iraqis

What do you think they'd do to treasonous slackjaws?
That's a fucked up video man.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

jay city roller wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: What, no suggestions? You can copy and paste something from Alex Jones or an NRA email if independent thought on this matter is too much to ask.
My suggestion is that you anti-gun pansies shut the fuck up about stuff you know nothing about.
Please, enlighten me.
ImageImage
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
jay city roller wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: What, no suggestions? You can copy and paste something from Alex Jones or an NRA email if independent thought on this matter is too much to ask.
My suggestion is that you anti-gun pansies shut the fuck up about stuff you know nothing about.
Please, enlighten me.
I have tried to explain it to you, Danzig, until I am blue in the face. It is apparent that you are never going to get it. But I will sum it up in two simple sentences. I promise not to use any big words.

1) Gun control laws will never accomplish what proponents say they will. Criminals will always have guns. And they are not known for obeying the law in the first place.

2) The real intent of gun control laws is to unarm law-abiding citizens. All it will do is make it more difficult for non-criminals to protect themselves.
Last edited by bonedog on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hollywood's Burning wrote:A Kisstard is someone who, despite being a grown-up (in age), actually gets upset/angry about who is pretending to be a kittycat and who is pretending to be a spaceman.
Danzig in the Dark

I see you went for cut and paste from an NRA email. :lol:

Do you believe convicted criminals should be able to possess firearms? What about nonviolent criminals? What about machineguns, concealed carry, reciprocity or gun free zones? Were you a legislator crafting a gun policy for the US, what would it be? That's simple enough to answer, isn't it?
ImageImage
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:I see you went for cut and paste from an NRA email. :lol:

Do you believe convicted criminals should be able to possess firearms? What about nonviolent criminals? What about machine guns, concealed carry, reciprocity or gun free zones? Were you a legislator crafting a gun policy for the US, what would it be? That's simple enough to answer, isn't it?
I have never even seen an NRA email. Those were my own words. Unlike you, I think for myself. Would you like to show me the NRA words that you think I cut and pasted?

To answer your question for what seems like the 1,000th time, I do not believe felons should be able to possess weapons. That is already law, but has it stopped them? No.

As far as gun free zones, I believe any private property owner or governmental agency has the right to restrict what is brought onto their property. Again, has that stopped anyone from doing so? No. Two words: school shootings. I am all for concealed carry and reciprocity. It has already been proven that concealed carry states have seen a decline in violent crime. What don't you understand about that?

If I were a legislator, I would not participate in creating gun policy unless it were to train and arm teachers and others (cab drivers, bus drivers, liquor store and convenience store workers etc.) who feel threatened by violent criminal activity.

We are never going to stop criminals from carrying out mass murder. Even if we did get the guns out of their hands -- which is impossible -- they would bomb schools instead. Should we then ban fertilizer and other legitimate products that can be used to make dangerous explosives? With a bomb, you have no warning and no way to defend yourself.

I'd rather pull out my 9 and drop a thug before he kills innocent people.

Now let me ask you a question: If I was walking down the street when a thug had a gun to your head, would you want me to pull out my concealed weapon and save your life, or would you want me to keep walking?
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

He says hes gonna borrow (AKA print) 5 Billions to put this program in place but we know how its gonna end up. And that if a civil war doesnt erupt!

enjoy your banana Republic!
:lol:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Danzig in the Dark

jay city roller wrote:
Now let me ask you a question: If I was walking down the street when a thug had a gun to your head, would you want me to pull out my concealed weapon and save your life, or would you want me to keep walking?
What makes you think I wouldn't have dropped that thug long before you showed up?
ImageImage
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

jay city roller wrote:
What makes you think I wouldn't have dropped that thug long before you showed up?
Because it is pretty obvious that you hate guns and want only criminals to have them.

Maybe that is why you want to disarm the law-abiding public.

Could it be that you are a gun-toting criminal, and you want your victims to be unarmed? Hmmm.

By the way, answering a question with a question does not answer a question.
Danzig in the Dark

jay city roller wrote:
jay city roller wrote:
Because it is pretty obvious that you hate guns and want only criminals to have them.

Maybe that is why you want to disarm the law-abiding public.

Could it be that you are a gun-toting criminal, and you want your victims to be unarmed? Hmmm.

By the way, answering a question with a question does not answer a question.
How is it obvious? You assume too much.

Answering a stupid question with anything dignifies it more than it deserved.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Whoah whoa whoa.

What firearms does this legislation take away? Automatics? Is that it?
ImageImageImage
Danzig in the Dark

Skate4RnR wrote:Whoah whoa whoa.

What legislation?
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Skate4RnR wrote:Whoah whoa whoa.

What legislation?
The ideas that we're hearing from the left as to what they're going to ask for. Like smaller magazines and a ban on autos and shit. I know it's not written yet, just the ideas. I mean, it hasn't seen like some kind of overbearing kind of shit or anything to me.
ImageImageImage
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

jay city roller wrote:
Constantine wrote:aLL THE HODLUMS AND HOOLIGANS ARE ON THEIR WAT TO nEW yORK ect... CAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A FREE SHOOTING RANGE AS THE CITIZENS ARENT ARMED ANYMORE.

Think.
This
When you are "this-ing" a retard, your opinion falls from the ranks here..
Oh wait, you're Mr-Pry-my-gun-from-my-cold-dead-hands aren't you? Never mind, your "this" makes sense now..:lol:
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

YouTube gun enthusiast found dead

USA TODAY - Authorities in Georgia are asking for the public's help in the investigation of the shooting death of Keith Ratliff, a gun-enthusiast and manager of a popular gun channel that is the 10th-most subscribed channel on YouTube with 3.4 million fans.

Ratliff, 32, was found Jan. 3 shot once in the head at the weapons development and testing facility he operated in Carnesville, Ga., WXIA reported.

The New York Times reportedthat Ratliff's body was surrounded by several guns at the scene, but not the one that killed him.

"For him not to pull out that gun and try to defend himself, he had to feel comfortable around somebody," Ratliff's brother, Kelly, told WSB-TV. "Either that or he was ambushed."

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office has called in Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) agents to assist with the investigation, WXIA reported.

John Bankhead, the director of public affairs for the GBI told The Huffington Post:"There was no sign of a struggle."

A GBI spokesman also said the bureau is following up on several leads, but was asking for the public's help with information that might help solve the case.

Ratliff, and his partner, Kyle Myers, ran theFPSRussiachannel on YouTube, which showcases high-powered firearms and explosives. He also appeared on videos on his personal YouTube channel discussing firearms and trying out weapons at the request of viewers.

In onevideo, posted to Ratliff's personal YouTube account, he speaks out strongly against gun control, noting: "I am a gun nut."

"Every one of you should be able to own an assault weapon of your choice because that's what the Second Amendment is about," he says in the video clip. "It's about owning weaponry to allow you to defend yourself from all enemies, no matter where they rise from."

His death has prompted sharp exchanges on his YouTube page and other websites, with several commenters blaming the government for his death.

FPS is slang among video gamers for "First-person shooter."

The Russia in the name refers to the Russian accent used by Myers, who plays the character Dmitri Potapoff on the channel. The zany videos demonstrate the firepower of various weapons, usually in a dramatic fashion that involves dummies or objects being blown up.
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Luminiferous wrote:YouTube gun enthusiast found dead

USA TODAY - Authorities in Georgia are asking for the public's help in the investigation of the shooting death of Keith Ratliff, a gun-enthusiast and manager of a popular gun channel that is the 10th-most subscribed channel on YouTube with 3.4 million fans.

Ratliff, 32, was found Jan. 3 shot once in the head at the weapons development and testing facility he operated in Carnesville, Ga., WXIA reported.

The New York Times reportedthat Ratliff's body was surrounded by several guns at the scene, but not the one that killed him.

"For him not to pull out that gun and try to defend himself, he had to feel comfortable around somebody," Ratliff's brother, Kelly, told WSB-TV. "Either that or he was ambushed."

The Franklin County Sheriff's Office has called in Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) agents to assist with the investigation, WXIA reported.

John Bankhead, the director of public affairs for the GBI told The Huffington Post:"There was no sign of a struggle."

A GBI spokesman also said the bureau is following up on several leads, but was asking for the public's help with information that might help solve the case.

Ratliff, and his partner, Kyle Myers, ran theFPSRussiachannel on YouTube, which showcases high-powered firearms and explosives. He also appeared on videos on his personal YouTube channel discussing firearms and trying out weapons at the request of viewers.

In onevideo, posted to Ratliff's personal YouTube account, he speaks out strongly against gun control, noting: "I am a gun nut."

"Every one of you should be able to own an assault weapon of your choice because that's what the Second Amendment is about," he says in the video clip. "It's about owning weaponry to allow you to defend yourself from all enemies, no matter where they rise from."

His death has prompted sharp exchanges on his YouTube page and other websites, with several commenters blaming the government for his death.

FPS is slang among video gamers for "First-person shooter."

The Russia in the name refers to the Russian accent used by Myers, who plays the character Dmitri Potapoff on the channel. The zany videos demonstrate the firepower of various weapons, usually in a dramatic fashion that involves dummies or objects being blown up.
Old news. Hey, did you hear that the Wright brothers have built a flying machine?

Next...

:roll:
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Old news? You mean last week and it hasn't been discussed on here? Or is it because it blows a hole in many gun nuts theory that if you own a firearm, you'll always get the first shot and kill criminals when they enter your home?

I can't believe you're not spouting the conspiracy theorists claims that the government "had him killed."
:lol:
jay city roller wrote:We are never going to stop criminals from carrying out mass murder.
EXCEPT that the last few mass killings haven't been committed by gun carrying criminals or "thugs."

They've been carried out by idiots who's mental health has been ignored and in most cases have no criminal record and who used their Second amendment rights and legally bought and/or their family possessed the weapons.. (and in Holmes' case idiot's whose ability to purchase large amounts of ammunition on the internet went undetected and without any warning.)
Mass murders aren't being carried out with illegal firearms Cletus, they've been carried out with legally purchased ones..

Whatever jagoff.. Go back to beating off to your precious 9 and thumping your chest that some sheriff was dumb enough to give your yokel ass a conceal and carry license..
You are what's an embarrassment in America today to real gun owners like myself..
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Luminiferous wrote:
Whatever jagoff.. Go back to beating off to your precious 9 and thumping your chest that some sheriff was dumb enough to give your yokel ass a conceal and carry license..
You are what's an embarrassment in America today to real gun owners like myself..
I am not a "yokel". I exercise my second amendment rights. Very few people know that I carry. I have never harmed or threatened anyone. But if I am in a situation where eminent danger is present, I will have a better chance of surviving than someone who is not armed. Those are my beliefs. I am not trying to convert anyone. I know I will probably never change your or RATTrules opinion. We will have to agree to disagree.

This is my final word on the topic. Everybody knows my opinion by now. But who gives a shit. Opinions are like assholes...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I'm pro gun and I have no problem with shorter magazines and a ban on autos. Big whoop, you can't hunt with that shit. Shit tears up all the meat! IT'S BULLSHIT!
ImageImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

jay city roller wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:
I am not a "yokel". I exercise my second amendment rights. Very few people know that I carry. I have never harmed or threatened anyone. But if I am in a situation where eminent danger is present, I will have a better chance of surviving than someone who is not armed. Those are my beliefs. I am not trying to convert anyone. I know I will probably never change your or RATTrules opinion. We will have to agree to disagree.

This is my final word on the topic. Everybody knows my opinion by now. But who gives a shit. Opinions are like assholes...
You've been chest thumping about your C&C permit in every firearm related topic and asked someone if they'd prefer you pull a perfect Dirty Harry with your precious weapon IF they were being a victim of a crime? :roll:
Then pretending mass murders aren't being carried out by people with no criminal record with easy access to firearms because of lax behavior..

Yeah if I were you, I'd drop out of this conversation too..
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Luminiferous wrote:
jay city roller wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:

You've been chest thumping about your C&C permit in every firearm related topic and asked someone if they'd prefer you pull a perfect Dirty Harry with your precious weapon IF they were being a victim of a crime? :roll:
Then pretending mass murders aren't being carried out by people with no criminal record with easy access to firearms because of lax behavior..

Yeah if I were you, I'd drop out of this conversation too..
Afaggotsayswhat
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

If you wanna PWN anyone you're definitely gonna need a gun.
ImageImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

jay city roller wrote:Afaggotsayswhat
When you haven't reached maximum failure and have nothing else to add of intelligence to a conversation, throw a fail mary ad lib to a poor Wayne's World dialogue.. Good work, Cletus! :lol:
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I hate homosexuals and love guns but I hate Fred Phelps!
ImageImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Here's a question for you Skate: If I was walking down the street when Fred Phelps had a gun to your head in front of the Blue Oyster bar, would you want me to pull out my concealed weapon and save your life or would you want me to keep walking and thumping my chest because I have a C&C permit?
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

BodyBagz wrote: What I bolded and underlined will never see the light of day in the US. Full Auto rifles and hand guns have already been banned, and semi-auto rifles in "assault rifle" attire doesnt do anything as there are still rifles built primarily for hunting that are semi-auto in function, but dont look the same as the "assault type" rifles.

The best you can hope for is a ban on high capacity magazines (clips for you that dont know the difference between the 2) with a limitation in the 10 round range for rifles and 7 for pistols.
Stiffer and more inclusive background checks are a no-brainer. I do think the Mental Health aspect should be investigated as well.

See what I said...and look what the President said today.... 8)
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

BodyBagz wrote:
BodyBagz wrote: What I bolded and underlined will never see the light of day in the US. Full Auto rifles and hand guns have already been banned, and semi-auto rifles in "assault rifle" attire doesnt do anything as there are still rifles built primarily for hunting that are semi-auto in function, but dont look the same as the "assault type" rifles.

The best you can hope for is a ban on high capacity magazines (clips for you that dont know the difference between the 2) with a limitation in the 10 round range for rifles and 7 for pistols.
Stiffer and more inclusive background checks are a no-brainer. I do think the Mental Health aspect should be investigated as well.

See what I said...and look what the President said today.... 8)
Agreed. I have a buddy who recently bought a semi-automatic AR-15. For those who don't know, semi-automatic means the gun will fire a single bullet every time the trigger is pulled. It is not an automatic M-16 that sprays bullets when the trigger is pulled. The AR-15 resembles an M-16, but it functions no differently than a revolver or a hunting rifle. It is just a cool looking gun.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Luminiferous wrote:Here's a question for you Skate: If I was walking down the street when Fred Phelps had a gun to your head in front of the Blue Oyster bar, would you want me to pull out my concealed weapon and save your life or would you want me to keep walking and thumping my chest because I have a C&C permit?
Oh I'm from Kansass and here we have the right to speak our religious beliefs and carry guns but...

Also to you motherfucking dickweed puss ass gun enthusiasts who never served...fuck you, we know about motherfucking guns ok and we know goddamn well you ain't never gonna overthrow the govt. because when you vote pro-spending Republicans in the cost is on you. That cost is the fact that Red Dawn will never happen. Fuck you.
ImageImageImage
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Luminiferous wrote:
EXCEPT that the last few mass killings haven't been committed by gun carrying criminals or "thugs."

They've been carried out by idiots who's mental health has been ignored and in most cases have no criminal record and who used their Second amendment rights and legally bought and/or their family possessed the weapons.. (and in Holmes' case idiot's whose ability to purchase large amounts of ammunition on the internet went undetected and without any warning.)
Mass murders aren't being carried out with illegal firearms Cletus, they've been carried out with legally purchased ones..
Well, in Adam Lanzas case, the minute he took possession of his Mothers legally purchased guns, they were in fact Criminally Obtained, thereby turning him into a criminal....stealing from a parent is still stealing....

The guns are secondary to this...regardless of whether or not there were any guns in his home, Lanza had death/murder/infamy on his mind and he would have did the deed one way or another...the amount of death could have been less or more depending on his final course of action. This was not a "stupid" kid by any means...

You want true "Gun Reform", heres a good start....and fuck the NRA before you even throw that bullshit out there...

1) Revisit the current laws already on the book...increase the current penalties and then ENFORCE them to the fullest extent possible.

2) Absolutely NO Plea Deals for Criminal Possession of Firearms period. If the law states a 1st time offense gets you 1 year, then 1 year you do...2nd gets you 3 years and 3rd time is a charm, 10 fucking years with no possibility of parole.

3) If a seller is found to knowingly have sold a firearm to a known felon, then he too can bite the bullet...dealers pay a $5000.00 fine for the 1st offense, 2nd offense gets a $10,000.00 fine and restrictions on monthly gun sales for 12 months with unannounced On-the-spot records review by State and Federal agencies, 3rd offense is Loss of Business License, $25,000.00 fine and 3 years in jail.

4) If a crime is committed and a firearm is either used or in possession of during the crime, automatic addition of 3 years of imprisonment tacked on and to be served consecutively of the sentence levied against the first criminal act. The aforementioned No Plea Bargain caveat is still attached to this as well.

5) Regardless of it being a 1st or 2nd offense, if a weapon is used or in possession, that is an automatic felony. 1st time burglar gets caught with a 9mm, he automatically gets a Felony rating, as well as serves a minimum of 1 year in addition to whatever sentence he gets for the burglary itself. Again, the NO Plea Bargaining deal attaches as well.

6) Mandatory Federal and State background checks with a minimum of 7 days for actual purchasing of said firearm. Make this a National Search Available database for future reference.

7) Levy an Ammunition Tax across the board for ammunition and ammunition material products. 2-5% tax on purchases of 20 rounds or more, or the equivalent in materials needed to make said 20 rounds: powder, primers, cases and bullet heads. Use this money to fund educational and recreational classes for children to adults in the proper use and safety of firearms. The more you educate a person, the better equipped and less frightened of something they will become.

8) Drop the price, or invent a new Federal Firearm License for private citizens to use for person to person sales. The 4473 already contains all the needed info...require that these personal records be kept for no less than 10 years from the date of sale and have them registered and filed in the County Courthouse and only be available upon Court Order in accordance with a Criminal Investigation.

All of these are just off the top of my head...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington