What are sensible gun laws?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: What are sensible gun laws?

Post by Luminiferous »

MotleyMaiden
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MotleyMaiden »

Metal Sludge wrote:
vlad wrote:So who did you used to be jay city roller?
bonedog69

And this incarnation is trying my patience just as quickly.
Holy shit. I never would have guessed that.
http://avatars.jurko.net/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Love dogs. Hate Trump supporters
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Luminiferous wrote:
jay city roller wrote:
Constantine wrote:aLL THE HODLUMS AND HOOLIGANS ARE ON THEIR WAT TO nEW yORK ect... CAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A FREE SHOOTING RANGE AS THE CITIZENS ARENT ARMED ANYMORE.

Guns are wrong but you cant just take peoples guins away when every bad guys have one.

Obamas schizophrenia is gonna bring your country to civil war.

Think.
This
When you are "this-ing" a retard, your opinion falls from the ranks here..
Oh wait, you're Mr-Pry-my-gun-from-my-cold-dead-hands aren't you? Never mind, your "this" makes sense now..:lol:
Yur nothing but commie scum, get a shower moron!
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Constantarded wrote:Yur nothing but commie scum, get a shower moron!
Commie scum that owns guns, lives in the greatest country in the world and bathes everyday, surrender monkey..

Go shave your mom's armpits and wash your white flag Frenchy, never know when you may need it..
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Constantine wrote:aLL THE HODLUMS AND HOOLIGANS ARE ON THEIR WAT TO nEW yORK ect... CAUSE THEY KNOW IT WILL BE A FREE SHOOTING RANGE AS THE CITIZENS ARENT ARMED ANYMORE.

Guns are wrong but you cant just take peoples guins away when every bad guys have one.

Think.
How many guns do you have, Constantine?
ImageImage
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:

Think.

Why would I fucking need a gun. Every insane motherfucker and their fucking mother got a gun in the "USA". No wonder scared puppies like Luminuferous got a full cache in his house.

You think you make sense but people in advanced countries think you look like fucking psychos.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

I don't own guns because I'm scared, Spedtroll..

I own two guns because it's a right as an American (you know a right you keep crying about Obama taking away from real Americans)
I have them for protection because I live in a real world where I know not everyone is a good and law abiding person and when given the opportunity will try to steal from or harm you..

You're also not in the USA and not in an advanced country and are a known racist and America hater.. Go molest a croissant already, fairydust....
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Constantine wrote:
Think.
Why would I fucking need a gun. Every insane motherfucker and their fucking mother got a gun in the "USA". No wonder scared puppies like Luminuferous got a full cache in his house.

You think you make sense but people in advanced countries think you look like fucking psychos.
RIGHT ON! What country are you in?
Danzig in the Dark

Constantine wrote:

Think.

Why are you throwing a fit because you think Obama is going to take them?
ImageImage
MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Why are you throwing a fit because you think Obama is going to take them?
If Obama personally cured cancer tomorrow, he would be on here birching how cancer was beneficial to mankind and did not deserve to be wiped out and that Obama target it unfairly.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

MotleyMaiden wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Why are you throwing a fit because you think Obama is going to take them?
If Obama personally cured cancer tomorrow, he would be on here birching how cancer was beneficial to mankind and did not deserve to be wiped out and that Obama target it unfairly.
I like you MotleyMaiden. Will u be my sludge gf?
Hollywood's Burning wrote:A Kisstard is someone who, despite being a grown-up (in age), actually gets upset/angry about who is pretending to be a kittycat and who is pretending to be a spaceman.
MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

jay city roller wrote:
MotleyMaiden wrote:
I like you MotleyMaiden. Will u be my sludge gf?
I don't know. Can we never meet and but I can tell people we have this great relationship and then in a year, I can tell people you died of leukemia and get lots of attention and sympathy and nurse of the year?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Hooligan
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Hooligan »

I go with getting rid of guns as soon as we ban alcohol.

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Traffic_Safe ... k_Driving/

Did you know that drunk drivers cause more than 17,000 deaths annually. This equates to 310 funerals each week or one death every 30 minutes.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Worst analogy ever.

You can't compare guns to alcohol based on DUI deaths because there are two variables at play in a DUI - alcohol AND driving.

The only way that comparison would even be fair is if you compared deaths caused by drinking and driving vs. deaths caused by shooting and driving.

Third variable problems are one of the first things you learn about in correlational research/statistics. Did you not go to school past high school?
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Hooligan wrote:I go with getting rid of guns as soon as we ban alcohol.

Did you know that drunk drivers cause more than 17,000 deaths annually. This equates to 310 funerals each week or one death every 30 minutes.
Agree with Stoner. Horrible analogy.

Guns are specifically meant to kill and injure while alcohol is just a liquid like water! I know the chemical makeup is different but it has the same phsycial makeup as water and isn't specifically meant to kill and injure like guns are!
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

RATTrules wrote:alcohol is just a liquid like water! I know the chemical makeup is different but it has the same phsycial makeup as water
Genius!
Danzig in the Dark

RATTrules wrote:

Agree with Stoner. Horrible analogy.
If only you had stopped here...
RATTrules wrote:Guns are specifically meant to kill and injure while alcohol is just a liquid like water! I know the chemical makeup is different but it has the same phsycial makeup as water and isn't specifically meant to kill and injure like guns are!
How did you become so incredibly stupid, RattRules? It's a good thing for you breathing is an autonomic function, otherwise you would have asphyxiated long ago.
ImageImage
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

RATTrules wrote: Guns are specifically meant to kill and injure while alcohol is just a liquid like water! I know the chemical makeup is different but it has the same phsycial makeup as water and isn't specifically meant to kill and injure like guns are!
Go drink some hydrochloric acid.
It's a liquid too and not intended to injure.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

This is a horrible analogy for another reason other than the one that Stoner pointed out as well. Deaths related to DUIs were mcuh higher in the 70-80s. As a result, the age limit for drinking was raised, the legal limit in which someone is considered drunk has been lowered, penalties for DUIs have been made MUCH stiffer, police have new tools such has the portable breathalyzer that they use to determine if someone is drunk, DUI checkpoints are now common, education was made common place on the dangers of drunk driving, in other words- RESTRICTIONS were put in place to combat the epidemic that was know as drunk driving. Now, do people still drive drunk, of course, but the number of people killed each year has decreased significantly over the last 3 decades as a result of these measures.

Maybe if we concentrate on combating the issue of gun violence, we can make the same strides over the next few decades.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

It is like the "war" on tobacco. 30 years ago, everyone smoked, there was no restrictions. I can remember not only buying cigarettes in high school but having a "smoker's patio". My mother has a hysterectomy in the early 80s and has a smoking room in the hospital. Now you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes, they are not allowed on school property and most hospitals not only don't allow it in the building but don't allow it anywhere on the property. Hell, 20 years ago, when I started nursing, even though smoking wasn't allowed IN the hospital, we did it int he staff bathroom anyway. That would never happen now. You can't even do it in your car while it is parked on the premises. Hell, there are some hospitals that are refusing to even hire smokers.

The point is, things change. With time and education, people and views change. It took years and was done in baby steps and people still do smoke but it is not nearly as prevalent as it was several decades ago. It is time for the gun laws to change. It is time for people's (especially children's) lives start to come first. It is time for people to stop using the paranoia of some phantom dictatorship and a ridiculous interpretation of an amendment that was written well over 200 years ago to continue to allow people to be killed.

With everything else in this country, when people are injured are killed, we IMMEDIATELY begin to look for ways to prevent it from happening again. We IMMEDIATELY start to pass laws and regulations to prevent it from happening again. The only exception is guns. 20 children get gunned down and the only reaction from the gun loving right is "hey it is my right to own a gun and we can't stop it from happening. Guns are necessary for our way of life and there is nothing we can do so we shouldn't do anything." In the mean time more kids die.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Hooligan

Post by Hooligan »

Stoner wrote:Worst analogy ever.

You can't compare guns to alcohol based on DUI deaths because there are two variables at play in a DUI - alcohol AND driving.

The only way that comparison would even be fair is if you compared deaths caused by drinking and driving vs. deaths caused by shooting and driving.

Third variable problems are one of the first things you learn about in correlational research/statistics. Did you not go to school past high school?
Wow, the density. It's about keeping it simple and SAVING LIVES. 17k people were killed due to drinking and driving. 11k were killed due to guns. You can use ANY gun to kill someone right? Get rid of the guns, the lives are saved. How do you stop people from drinking and driving unless you outlaw it?
Hooligan

Post by Hooligan »

MotleyMaiden wrote:

This is a horrible analogy for another reason other than the one that Stoner pointed out as well. Deaths related to DUIs were mcuh higher in the 70-80s. As a result, the age limit for drinking was raised, the legal limit in which someone is considered drunk has been lowered, penalties for DUIs have been made MUCH stiffer, police have new tools such has the portable breathalyzer that they use to determine if someone is drunk, DUI checkpoints are now common, education was made common place on the dangers of drunk driving, in other words- RESTRICTIONS were put in place to combat the epidemic that was know as drunk driving. Now, do people still drive drunk, of course, but the number of people killed each year has decreased significantly over the last 3 decades as a result of these measures.

Maybe if we concentrate on combating the issue of gun violence, we can make the same strides over the next few decades.
BUT alcohol is still legal isn't it? All the laws on the books don't stop people from breaking them. Did the laws help? Maybe, I don't know what the stats are but I remember being able to get booze pretty easily as a kid in the 80's. Kids today can get shit easily. As for fixing gun violence, personally, I don't think there's any way of fixing that. Law abiding gun owners will generally always be so. Criminals and nuts, nope.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Hooligan wrote:Wow, the density.
You don't understand one of the most basic concepts of correlation, but I'm the dense one.

Sounds legit.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Hooligan wrote: How do you stop people from drinking and driving unless you outlaw it?
Isn't it already outlawed?
Danzig in the Dark

Luminiferous wrote:
Hooligan wrote: How do you stop people from drinking and driving unless you outlaw it?
I used to think no one could be that stupid. Thanks, internet.
ImageImage
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

Luminiferous wrote:
I used to think no one could be that stupid. Thanks, internet.
lumi got powned. lol
Hollywood's Burning wrote:A Kisstard is someone who, despite being a grown-up (in age), actually gets upset/angry about who is pretending to be a kittycat and who is pretending to be a spaceman.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Luminiferous wrote:

in wHAT GRADE DID you quit school Luminufuckous? Your attempt at sarcasm fell flat like the greasy hair on your head.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Constantine wrote:in wHAT GRADE DID you quit school Luminufuckous? Your attempt at sarcasm fell flat like the greasy hair on your head.
It was also explained to you several months ago Spedtard, that the young man in my avatar is not me, (which others on this board who have met and know me can attest to) but a young dead US soldier I knew who was killed in Afghanistan.. It is a tribute to his memory.

Nice that you're not above continuing to insult a young US serviceman killed protecting the US.. He was more of a man that you could ever hope to be.

Not surprising seeing how much you hate Americans... You're a coward and a disgrace to this message board.

jay city roller wrote:lumi got powned. lol
lol He was referring to schoolagain, failtard lol.. Hilarious that you lol and Constantard lol completely missed it.. lol Drinking and driving is outlawed, yet people still do it.
You two lol should start a lol tard tag team lol..
Hooligan

Post by Hooligan »

Luminiferous wrote:
To clarify, since you guys are anal perfectionists, I meant to outlaw drinking itself.