Palin: Roe v. Wade Anniversary Highlights Obama 'Hypocrisy'

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Palin: Roe v. Wade Anniversary Highlights Obama 'Hypocrisy'

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/2 ... f=politics

As pro-choice advocates and abortion foes alike marked the anniversary of the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade ruling, Sarah Palin criticized President Obama for advocating gun control as a way to protect children while simultaneously supporting abortion rights.

In a post on her Facebook page, the former Alaska governor and one-time Republican vice presidential candidate charged Obama with "hypocrisy" for "boldly highlighting children" in anti-gun violence speeches while supporting an "abortion agenda."

"Using kids as the backdrop for his gun control speech, the President claimed his commitment to young ones," Palin wrote. "The hypocrisy of it all, however, is that while the President publicly acknowledges the value of “even one life” when it advances his own political agenda, he fails to acknowledge as much when it comes to protecting the lives of children soon to be born."

Palin continues: "See, his commitment to our children is selective. When children in the womb are on the chopping block, the President is silent. When he places the Second Amendment, however, on the chopping block, children are his focus. Never mind the fact that his latest proposals would not protect them from evildoers and would, in fact, leave responsible, law-abiding citizens less able to protect them as well ... Clearly, there is no shortage of hypocrisy coming out of Washington, and this is just one example."

The 1973 Supreme Court decision, which established a woman's constitutional right to an abortion, marked its 40th anniversary on Tuesday. While the ruling continues to draw ire from pro-life advocates, new poll data signals a shift in opinion about the landmark decision. According to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, a majority of Americans believe that abortion should be legal in most cases, while 70 percent believe the ruling should be upheld -- an all-time high approval rating in the poll's history.

Palin is not the first conservative to draw a link between gun control rhetoric and abortion in the weeks since the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School reawakened the national debate on gun violence.

Last week, radio host Rush Limbaugh agreed with a caller who questioned the renewed focus on gun policy while abortion remains legal.

"You know how to stop abortion?" Limbaugh said. "Require that each one occur with a gun."

Conservative pundit Erick Erickson took a similar line of attack against Obama last week.

"The President is surrounded by children, all of whom if born alive following abortion, he'd be okay with the doctor finishing the job," Erickson wrote in a tweet.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Luminiferous

Re: Palin: Roe v. Wade Anniversary Highlights Obama 'Hypocri

Post by Luminiferous »

When the GOP have Palin and Limbaugh doing their talking, they just increase the distance further from any of them holding the presidency ever again..
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I like that our president has an "agenda" for something that is completely legal. That's the kind of agenda I can get behind 100%. Maybe if we combined guns and abortion that twat Palin could get behind it; perhaps exercising out second amendment rights by performing abortions with a shotgun instead of a vacuum cleaner.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Isn't being pro 2nd Amendment but anti abortion a selective commitment to the Constitution?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Obama used a bunch of children for his anti guns law photo op but we all know abortion gives him a hard on.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Constantine wrote:Obama used a bunch of children for his anti guns law photo op but we all know abortion gives him a hard on.
Notice you have no problem with the NRA using children in their pro-gun ads Spedtard..
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Luminiferous wrote:
Constantine wrote:Obama used a bunch of children for his anti guns law photo op but we all know abortion gives him a hard on.
Notice you have no problem with the NRA using children in their pro-gun ads Spedtard..

Thats not a true statement!!! I dont watch TV so I dont have a clue what youre talking about.

You are from the same mold as Alleyrulez : a chronic, pathological liar.

Keep on jumping to conclusion, pushing your luck and going off the deep end fat skinny!!! It will give you exercise, and oh yeah, why dont you fucking wash your hair while your at it?
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

There is no lie to it, Speddy. The topic of the NRA using children in a pro gun commercial is right here on this board. Too bad you're so busy trolling with your lameassed Obama threads or you might see it and realize the side you rah rah for is just as pathetic as the side you're against..

It was also explained to you several months ago Spedtard, that the young man in my avatar is a young dead US soldier I knew who was killed in Afghanistan..

Nice that you're not above continuing to insult a young US serviceman killed protecting the US..

Not surprising seeing how much you hate Americans... You're a coward and a disgrace to this message board. :roll:
MotleyMaiden
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MotleyMaiden »

Do you worry about the politics in your own country as much as you do in ours.

On topic: Palin just needs to STFU. Like most Teatards, she wants to make sure all these unwanted babies are born then doesn't want to to shit for them once they are. Bring them into the world, then don't worry about whether or not their parent or parents can feed and clothe them or provide for them medically.
http://avatars.jurko.net/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Love dogs. Hate Trump supporters
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Isn't being pro 2nd Amendment but anti abortion a selective commitment to the Constitution?
How so? Did I miss the abortion amendment? I wasn't a great student, so its possible.
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

tylamonroe wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Isn't being pro 2nd Amendment but anti abortion a selective commitment to the Constitution?
How so? Did I miss the abortion amendment? I wasn't a great student, so its possible.

But you sure are a fan of the amendment written at a time when ALL guns were single shot manual loads, aren't you. Using the 2nd amendment to protect the right to keep guns, that the people who wrote the amendment couldn't even envision, is a really stupid, and hopelessly backward way to live.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

tylamonroe wrote:

Maybe you missed the part where abortion is legal. That constitutionally created body, the Supreme Court, decided that a while ago. Try to keep up.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Here's a corker...
A GOP legislator Cathryn Brown from New Mexico has introduced a bill that would ban abortion from rape (and incest) because that would be destroying evidence of the rape. The proposed law would make it a third degree felony.
“According to Republican philosophy, victims who are ‘legitimately raped’ will now have to carry the fetus to term in order to prove their case.“
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-mexi ... Insider%29

In their desperation to find any loophole to get around Roe vs. Wade one of them once again goes after the victims.

Palin should STFU....she's just another Arizona wingnut now....
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

Luminiferous wrote:When the GOP have Palin and Limbaugh doing their talking, they just increase the distance further from any of them holding the presidency ever again..
Not to mention Rove, Hannity, and Newtie to add to the gallery of fools! Right wing psychos like those and throw in Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham actually HELPED Obama win re-election!

When will Repukes learn that you can't tell a woman what to do with her body? Support for a woman's right to choose is at an all time high in America!
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

tin00can wrote:
tylamonroe wrote:

Maybe you missed the part where abortion is legal. That constitutionally created body, the Supreme Court, decided that a while ago. Try to keep up.
Right, and I guess they struck the second? I must have missed that.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

That makes no sense. Abortion and guns are both still legal.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

I know this is true because I got 1 of each this morning at Wal-Mart.