Clint Eastwood isn't satisfied with Congress

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Clint Eastwood isn't satisfied with Congress

Post by Luminiferous »

(CNN) - Clint Eastwood isn't pleased with the job Congress is doing.

"It's almost like they don't give a damn," he said Friday in an interview with CNBC. "So if they don't give a damn, why do they expect anybody else to?"

And he's not the only one.

A CNN poll conducted last month found only 21% approved of how Congress is handling its job.

That survey was taken fresh on the heels of the fiscal cliff standoff, where bickering between the parties sent the U.S. over the so-called fiscal cliff, although only briefly.

Some would say conditions on Capitol Hill hasn't improved much since, especially as lawmakers find themselves in gridlock ahead of future financial battles, such as the sequester deadline next month and the debt limit by May.

Congress also has immigration and gun violence legislation in the pipeline, and a number of Cabinet nominations to consider.

But Eastwood, who endorsed GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and drew attention for a rambling address at the Republican National Convention this summer, doesn't see progress in Washington.

"There's just a lot of people standing looking at one another and maybe it just appears that way to us who are outside of the beltway," Eastwood said. "Right now it's very disappointing. I just wish - the election's over, we should be moving ahead. And the leaders aren't stepping up."
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Clint Eastwood isn't satisfied with Congress

Post by tin00can »

Waiting for the empty-chair conservatives to chime in...
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Where will he find 535 empty chairs?
ImageImage
Landshark2000
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Landshark2000 »

None of these assholes care about anything but the next election. The only thing that will "fix" congress is term limits, and that will never happen ... as they will have to effectively vote themselves out of a "lifetime" job, at least that's the case with a whole lot of them.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:Take your child, and leave him in the woods....he has a better chance being raised by a pack of homosexual squirrels.
Sheep_Mafia
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

Landshark2000 wrote:None of these assholes care about anything but the next election. The only thing that will "fix" congress is term limits, and that will never happen ... as they will have to effectively vote themselves out of a "lifetime" job, at least that's the case with a whole lot of them.
Agreed. The voters continue to say they disapprove of Congress at historically high levels yet continue to re-elect 90% of them. Can't really fix voters so it has to be term limits. Term limits are needed anyway for several reasons outside of that, but I agree it won't happen for the reasons you said.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

I will GUARANTEE that if any of these so-called cuts about to hit the country due to partisan bullshit were going to effect the pay of those in congress and senate (or their relatives) that there would be overtime and cooperation being put in to solve this shit..

The campaigning and the elections were over in November and it took less than 4 months for the country to see it's the same old shit in DC. They continue to refuse to work on a solution together and are too busy slamming each others dicks in the door and pointing fingers at who's to blame hoping the American people will believe them over the other side..

They are satisfied with the country being as divided as they are in chambers.. I said it earlier, I know there has always been idiots in Washington, but how we got so many at one time in there is beyond me..
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Luminiferous wrote:I said it earlier, I know there has always been idiots in Washington, but how we got so many at one time in there is beyond me..

Because of ass clowns like these people voting them in