Koch Blocking!!!

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Koch Blocking!!!

Post by BlackCrypt »

So, Harry want to put on cap on how much you can spend to buy an election?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Thursday said the Senate would vote in the coming weeks on legislation for a constitutional amendment to give Congress the power to regulate spending levels in federal campaigns.

Reid said Democrats are pushing for the vote to combat what he said is an effort by billionaires Charles and David Koch to “buy” the U.S. Senate this year. He said that effort is allowed in light of Supreme Court decision that prevents limitations on political spending, and said Congress must act to save democracy from the rich.

“It’s unacceptable that the recent Supreme Court decisions have taken power away from the American voter, instead giving it to a select few of mega-billionaires,” Reid said on the Senate floor.

Reid said the vote would be held shortly on a proposed constitutional amendment from Sens. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), S.J.Res. 19.

“Soon, Chairman [Pat] Leahy in the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Sen. Udall and Bennet’s constitutional amendment,” Reid said. “The Senate will vote on that legislation.”

Later on Thursday, Leahy announced a June 3 hearing to discuss Udall’s proposed constitutional amendment.

Specifically, the resolution would let Congress regulate the way money is raised and spent in federal campaigns, and let states do the same in statewide campaigns. It would also let Congress regulate spending on political action committees.

Reid has used the Senate floor to berate the Koch brothers for the last few months, at a time when many believe Republicans could win back the upper chamber in the November midterm elections. On Thursday, he noted press reports detailing a memo from the Koch brothers’ Americans for Prosperity, which was titled “Confidential Investor Update.”

Reid said it was “fitting” that the memo was called an investor update, since the Kochs are looking to buy the Senate for Republicans.

“They absolutely expect monetary returns on their investments in buying America,” he said.

He also criticized the Supreme Court’s finding that spending money on campaigns is equivalent to free speech, and therefore is not something the government can regulate. Reid said if that’s true, that’s the same as saying poor people have less speech than the rich.

“If this unprecedented spending is free speech, where does that leave our middle class constituents, the poor? It leaves them out in the cold,” he said. “There should be no million-dollar entry fee to participation in our democracy.”

And I know you are all gonna tear apart the SOURCE but what is Reid thinking? Does he not know where his bread is buttered?? And what will George Soros do?

Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Mongo
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Koch Blocking!!!

Post by Mongo »

Please don't use facts. They only pollute the water.
"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Lawn Darts and Tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

LMFAO @ another dumb ass carrying water for the Koch Bros and getting his info from Glenn Beck's "The Blaze."

So the Koch Bros only spent 12 million on elections from 1989 to 2012?

They're planning on spending 125 million in 2014 to influence elections in November. Also, even if you run with the fake numbers divide by how many voters the union represent with the 600 million over 23 years and compare to the 6 million per Koch Bros (even though the number is much higher as the link below confirms).

Koch brothers’ Americans for Prosperity plans $125 million spending spree
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/k ... z32WRvycnu
Mongo
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Mongo »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:LMFAO @ another dumb ass carrying water for the Koch Bros and getting his info from Glenn Beck's "The Blaze."

They're planning on spending 125 million in 2014 to influence elections in November. Also, even if you run with the fake numbers divide by how many voters the union represent with the 600 million over 23 years and compare to the 6 million per Koch Bros (even though the number is much higher as the link below confirms).

Just so we all have an understanding of what you think should be allowed as "Facts".
The Blaze = Bad
Politico = Good

And your complaining about the other poster being biased?
Hmmmmmmm...............
"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Lawn Darts and Tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Mongo wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:LMFAO @ another dumb ass carrying water for the Koch Bros and getting his info from Glenn Beck's "The Blaze."

Just so we all have an understanding of what you think should be allowed as "Facts".
The Blaze = Bad
Politico = Good

And your complaining about the other poster being biased?
Hmmmmmmm...............
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, because a site nicknamed "Repubilco" show liberal bias?
It's a pretty decent site, but no hotbed of liberalism.

So the "bias" is for a moderate GOP leaning site and a bugfuck nuts Glenn Beck site?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

I knew it would be attacked, so I prefaced it as such. But, what of those stats are wrong?
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

BlackCrypt wrote:
I knew it would be attacked, so I prefaced it as such. But, what of those stats are wrong?
Other than the Koch bros spending only a measly $12 million? What a fuckstick. :roll: Did you also know you would end up looking like an idiot? :lol:
That doesn't even count the Koch bros. other front, Freedomworks, that DRJ left out. Feel free to not read this and continue to look like an idiot:
Last week the Kochs were shoved unwillingly into the spotlight by the most comprehensive journalistic portrait of them yet, written by Jane Mayer of The New Yorker. Her article caused a stir among those in Manhattan’s liberal elite who didn’t know that David Koch, widely celebrated for his cultural philanthropy, is not merely another rich conservative Republican but the founder of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation, which, as Mayer writes with some understatement, “has worked closely with the Tea Party since the movement’s inception.” To New Yorkers who associate the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center with the New York City Ballet, it’s startling to learn that the Texas branch of that foundation’s political arm, known simply as Americans for Prosperity, gave its Blogger of the Year Award to an activist who had called President Obama “cokehead in chief.”

The other major sponsor of the Tea Party movement is Dick Armey’s FreedomWorks, which, like Americans for Prosperity, is promoting events in Washington this weekend. Under its original name, Citizens for a Sound Economy, FreedomWorks received $12 million of its own from Koch family foundations. Using tax records, Mayer found that Koch-controlled foundations gave out $196 million from 1998 to 2008, much of it to conservative causes and institutions. That figure doesn’t include $50 million in Koch Industries lobbying and $4.8 million in campaign contributions by its political action committee, putting it first among energy company peers like Exxon Mobil and Chevron. Since tax law permits anonymous personal donations to nonprofit political groups, these figures may understate the case. The Kochs surely match the in-kind donations the Tea Party receives in free promotion 24/7 from Murdoch’s Fox News, where both Beck and Palin are on the payroll.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html
It doesn't take DanSpitzSnowGorilla to do the math on this.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

So, having money and spending it on what you want to is a bad thing now?

SOURCE

The Kochs fund cures and treatments.

David Koch survived a 1991 plane crash that killed 34 people, including everyone else in first class. He soon was diagnosed with, and then endured, prostate cancer. These challenges reinforced his passion for medical philanthropy. Among $506 million in such gifts, his major grants include:

1. $25 million to Houston’s M.D. Anderson Cancer Center to eliminate genitourinary malignancies.

2. $100 million for cancer research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

3. $100 million for a new ambulatory care center at New York Presbyterian Hospital. This donation actually triggered an outbreak of mental illness among leftists who decried Koch’s nine-digit check.

The Kochs back the arts.

Elizabeth B. Koch, Charles’ wife, launched the Koch Cultural Trust. It has furnished $1.8 million in grants to artists and musicians with ties to Kansas.

David Koch supports PBS’ documentary series "Nova." He also is a paleo-philanthropist, having given $15 million to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History for a Hall of Human Origins and another $35 million to update its fossil and dinosaur displays in Washington, D.C. New York’s American Museum of Natural History will enjoy a new Dinosaur Wing, thanks to David’s $20 million gift.

David also donated $100 million in 2008 to modernize the former New York State Theater at Manhattan’s Lincoln Center, home to the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:So, having money and spending it on what you want to is a bad thing now?
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
BlackCrypt wrote:So, having money and spending it on what you want to is a bad thing now?
And what are you getting at there?
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
And what are you getting at there?
:roll:
This is an entirely separate discussion than your original post. I guess even you are smart enough to quit when you're behind.

:lol:
ImageImage