Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

No, you’re not dreaming.

Conservative radio pundit Glenn Beck—the man who famously said “The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?’” — is siding with liberals on the war in Iraq.

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes,” Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. “You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

Beck’s reversal comes as sectarian violence in Iraq has surged. President Obama has deployed a few hundred American troops back into Iraq to defend the U.S. embassy as he weighs options for further action, including sending air missiles and launching drone strikes to fend off militant forces, which are heading for Baghdad.

“Not one more life. Not one more life. Not one more dollar, not one more airplane, not one more bullet, not one more Marine, not one more arm or leg or eye. Not one more,” Beck said. “This must end now. Now can’t we come together on that?”

He pressed for the two parties to unite around this cause and abandon partisan fighting.

“But if we do to the liberals what they did to us and George W. Bush and make it just about politics, we will be divided more. This cannot become about the president. It cannot become about the Democrats. This has to become about the principles because in the principles we all agree. Enough is enough. Bring them home, period,” he said.
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/glenn- ... were-right

Looks like Glenn finally decided to hop off the crazy train. About fucking time.
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, you were right’

Post by tin00can »

He'll be back on the train again soon.
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

A broken clock is right twice a day.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:A broken clock is right twice a day.
Beck must be on military time.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I'm glad someone with his platform came out and said this, even if he's a little late. It's also important that he did so without any excuses and without any kind of hedges that some media people with mea culpas have done over the years. For example, center-left caricatures like Richard Cohen have said their support for the Iraq War was wrong, and then they go and support every other Middle East intervention under the same previous premises.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

What about what the Conservatives did to Clinton during the late 90s? That was political or a serious waste of tax dollars and time? Beck is nothing but a free baser of Conservative taint. I think he's completely full of shit and doesn't believe this. But giving him the benefit, If it's really taken him this long to "see the light" on this subject then he's an even bigger dumbass than I originally thought.