Voter fraud is a myth

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Voter fraud is a myth

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Voter ID laws are back in the news this week after a group of college students joined a lawsuit challenging North Carolina's new restrictive rules. And as Catherine Rampell pointed out earlier this week, it's not just ID laws - Republican state legislatures have been busy devising all manner of creative ways to make voting more difficult for traditionally Democratic-leaning groups.

All of these restrictive measures take their justification from a perceived need to prevent "voter fraud." But there is overwhelming scholarly and legal consensus that voter fraud is vanishingly rare, and in fact non-existent at the levels imagined by voter ID proponents. That hasn't stopped many Republican lawmakers from crying "fraud" every time they're faced with an unfavorable election outcome (see also: McDaniel, Chris).
Continued here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... ly-a-myth/

We need voter fraud laws like we need to mobilize against ET invasion. Fuck you all who think we need a background check to vote but not to own a fucking gun, both enshrined as rights in the Constitution. Fuck you all for your hypocrisy and idiocy.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Re: Voter fraud is a myth

Post by BlackCrypt »

You need an ID to do most everything in life. Why are Dems so hell bent on this aspect of it:?
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Things you need an ID for...

Alcohol, Cigarettes, opening a bank account, to apply for food stamps, to get married......

http://washingtonexaminer.com/24-things ... le/2534254
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

BlackCrypt wrote:You need an ID to do most everything in life. Why are Dems so hell bent on this aspect of it:?
LMFAO, good job not paying attention. Nobody is saying you should not need any identification to vote. The problem is heightened ID requirements and the reason it's a problem is because white people have a history of trying to keep non-whites from voting. Voter ID laws are an attempt to get around the 15th Amendment and the Civil Rights Act.

Suppressing the Vote
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/dxhtv ... g-the-vote
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

BlackCrypt wrote:Things you need an ID for...

Alcohol, Cigarettes, opening a bank account, to apply for food stamps, to get married......

I showed ID when I registered to vote all those years ago. But hey! I live in Oregon, where we have vote by mail. The incidences of fraud out of some 25 million votes cast since the mail ballot started? Very, very few...handfuls, literally. I am still in shock when I see the barbarically long lines of people waiting to vote in other states.

Voter ID laws are along side making voting options less, less hours, less time for absentee ballots, less polling stations...all things designed to make voting more difficult. It isn't voter ID in isolation. It s coordinated actions to limit voting period.

By the way, I don't need ID anymore to buy booze or cigs.. :(
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

vlad wrote:

I showed ID when I registered to vote all those years ago. But hey! I live in Oregon, where we have vote by mail. The incidences of fraud out of some 25 million votes cast since the mail ballot started? Very, very few...handfuls, literally. I am still in shock when I see the barbarically long lines of people waiting to vote in other states.

Voter ID laws are along side making voting options less, less hours, less time for absentee ballots, less polling stations...all things designed to make voting more difficult. It isn't voter ID in isolation. It s coordinated actions to limit voting period.

By the way, I don't need ID anymore to buy booze or cigs.. :(

We're obviously getting close to another election because this shit is coming up again.

I have no problem with voter ID in abstract. However, it needs to be done universally (no states making different rules for ID) and right after an election, to give people time to get one before the next election. I agree with Vlad that it's the ID in conjunction with everything else that represents an effort to keep people (we all know what kind of people) from voting. It's also an attempt to address a problem that doesn't exist in significant enough numbers to be a concern, and the proposed solution of voter ID doesn't fix the bigger problems.
Danzig in the Dark

Why don't you show me where in the Constitution your right to a pint of Guiness and a Lucky Strike are mentioned, fuckhead. The right to a gun is mentioned only once and people have an aneurysm anytime someone mentions any sort of restriction on getting or owning one. Fucktards like you want to restrict voting, mentioned 4 times in the Constitution, as if it's no big deal, like buying a beer or a pack of smokes instead of one of the most important civic acts a citizen can carry out. This is why people think you're a fucking moron, because you are a imbecile too stupid to realize how abysmally idiotic you are.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

CT State Rep. Christina Ayala Arrested On 19 Voting Fraud Charges

State Rep. Christina “Tita” Ayala was arrested Friday on 19 voting fraud charges.

Ayala, 31, is accused of voting in local and state elections in districts she did not live, the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office said in a press release.

The arrest warrant affidavit also alleges Ayala provided fabricated evidence to state Election Enforcement Commission investigators that showed she lived at an address in a district where she voted while actually living outside the district, according to the release.

Ayala, who represents the 128th District, was elected in 2012, replacing her cousin, Andres Ayala, who was elected to the state Senate. She chose to run for reelection earlier this year, despite the voting fraud investigation, but lost a four-way primary in August.

The Elections Enforcement Commission referred the case to the Office of the Chief State’s Attorney in October 2013, recommending criminal charges.

Ayala allegedly voted in various Bridgeport Town Committee elections, a municipal primary election and a state primary election between 2009 and 2012 in districts inconsistent with the location of her residence, according to the release. She is also accused of voting in the Bridgeport state general election in 2012 in a district where she didn’t live.

http://www.nhregister.com/government-an ... cale=id_ID
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:Image

State Rep. Christina “Tita” Ayala was arrested Friday on 19 voting fraud charges.

Ayala, 31, is accused of voting in local and state elections in districts she did not live, the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office said in a press release.

The arrest warrant affidavit also alleges Ayala provided fabricated evidence to state Election Enforcement Commission investigators that showed she lived at an address in a district where she voted while actually living outside the district, according to the release.

Ayala, who represents the 128th District, was elected in 2012, replacing her cousin, Andres Ayala, who was elected to the state Senate. She chose to run for reelection earlier this year, despite the voting fraud investigation, but lost a four-way primary in August.

The Elections Enforcement Commission referred the case to the Office of the Chief State’s Attorney in October 2013, recommending criminal charges.

Ayala allegedly voted in various Bridgeport Town Committee elections, a municipal primary election and a state primary election between 2009 and 2012 in districts inconsistent with the location of her residence, according to the release. She is also accused of voting in the Bridgeport state general election in 2012 in a district where she didn’t live.

This is all you have? Go back to the start, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
ImageImage
Nevoeiro
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevoeiro »

Last edited by Nevoeiro on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: This is all you have? Go back to the start, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
So, there was no fraud there?
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote: This is all you have? Go back to the start, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
This is a hasty generalization fallacy. You are trying to argue there is widespread voter fraud by presenting a few isolated cases. Feel free to continue to be an idiot, though.
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

BlackCrypt wrote:Image

Try to find anybody who is saying there isn't any voter fraud. Good luck with that. What most of us who aren't conservatives are saying is that it isn't a significant problem. This example doesn't prove us wrong.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
BlackCrypt wrote:
This is a hasty generalization fallacy. You are trying to argue there is widespread voter fraud by presenting a few isolated cases. Feel free to continue to be an idiot, though.
This. Voter fraud will always occur, but it is not justification for hindering people's ability to vote. Having a driver's license is not a requirement for exercising your rights as a citizen. In cases where there is fraud, we have things called laws which make it illegal, and people called law enforcement and prosecutors who investigate and deal with it.
tin00can wrote:Try to find anybody who is saying there isn't any voter fraud. Good luck with that.
Actually there are a ton of people who say that there really isn't any voter fraud, effectively. The "voter fraud is a myth" and the "voter fraud is not justification for abrogating rights" are two separate arguments. The reason this issue hasn't lost steam is because liberals unfortunately conflate these two together.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Fair point. I tend to dismiss those on the extreme left as either insignificant or non-existent, perhaps there is a personal bias in doing that. I think it's because I lean to the left and I think that most people on the left are similar in their thinking, but that's not the case. There are screaming nut jobs on both sides of the political spectrum.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

tin00can wrote:perhaps there is a personal bias. I lean to the left.

No......

:lol:
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

La Raza directs people on to places they can vote without an ID.

SOURCE

La Raza's Advocacy Little More Than A Scheme To Encourage Illegals To Vote
INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Elections: The National Council of La Raza is promoting no-identification voting states to its followers. Might that have something to do with its advocacy of illegal immigration and the Democrats' flagging electoral fortunes?

La Raza, as it's known, is no ordinary nongovernmental organization in the "anti-poverty" racket. A group of lawyers and activists, it has long functioned as the illegal alien lobby in the U.S., advocating aggressively for the cause of open borders.

For its latest stunt, it has published on its website and social media a list of voting stations that don't require IDs. Interesting, given a recent Harvard study showing that illegal immigrants have almost certainly swung close elections in recent years by canceling out U.S. citizens' votes to ensure Democrat victories.

With Democrats trailing in the polls, it's reasonable to conclude they're seeking to swing another through the illegal alien vote on Tuesday.

And don't think they wouldn't try.

La Raza's tentacles already reach deep into the White House. President Obama's key domestic policy adviser, Celia Munoz, as well as Mari Carmen Aponte, ambassador to El Salvador, a springboard of the recent border surge, are former La Raza leaders.

More to the point, La Raza has unusual power from its role as a key conduit for federal "anti-poverty" funding.

In Los Angeles alone, black groups complained bitterly to the Los Angeles Times last spring about how $30 million in federal "anti-poverty" cash is being directed through a La Raza-linked group called the Youth Policy Institute to "promise zones" in neighborhoods dominated by illegals. The group's director is a major Obama bundler.

So with Democratic fortunes fading on the eve of this year's midterms, it's more than a little unnerving to see La Raza pushing no-ID stations to its constituents.

The La Raza people say it's because Republicans would suppress their votes. But the real risk is of illegals swinging elections. There's nothing legal about effectively disenfranchising citizens in their own country by encouraging illegals to cancel out their votes.
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt, I hope you enjoy looking like a fucking idiot. It seems to be your favorite pastime. :lol:

http://blog.nclr.org/2014/10/30/looking ... oes-viral/
Earlier this week, NCLR retweeted a link to a Washington Post blog post that informs voters if and where they need to bring identification in order to vote. In response, one media outlet has claimed that this retweet—and the Washington Post piece itself—constitutes “encouraging” voter fraud. By this expansive definition, any media outlet that has reported on the voter ID issue and any official, organization, or community leader who has raised the issue has also encouraged voter fraud. Since this fact-free nonstory came out, other media outlets such as Fox & Friends have “reported” on this “outrage.” Needless to say, we have yet to be contacted by any of these purported journalists to verify or discuss what was alleged in the original piece.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... n-to-vote/
Voter ID laws are at-issue across the country, with newly Republican-controlled legislatures having passed them in numerous states after the 2010 election.

But thanks in part to the courts having struck down the laws in some states -- including Wisconsin, Arkansas and Pennsylvania -- one-fifth of the 50 states will be requiring some form of ID at the polls on Nov. 4. And seven are requiring photo ID.

Most states still request some form of ID but don't require it. Another 20 states don't require identification.

In case you're wondering where your state is at in all of this, a helpful graphic from the Post's graphics team. And here is more background information from the National Conference of State Legislatures.

So, should we jail the publishers and editors of the Washington Post, BlackCrypt? It's their list, after all.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

I knew about the Washington Post article. Did I have any problems with that? Nope. My issue is that a pro-amnesty group took that article and tweeted it out pretty much telling the illegals where they can vote and not be questioned.
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:I knew about the Washington Post article. Did I have any problems with that? Nope. My issue is that a pro-amnesty group took that article and tweeted it out pretty much telling the illegals where they can vote and not be questioned.
Why is it OK for the rich white folks at the WP to publish this information online but it's bad for the poor brown people to link to it? Fucking moron.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Danzig in the Dark

Why require a photo ID to buy a gun?
Would you object to that? You don't want criminals or illegal aliens to buy guns, do you?

Anyway, answer the question, pussy:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
BlackCrypt wrote:I knew about the Washington Post article. Did I have any problems with that? Nope. My issue is that a pro-amnesty group took that article and tweeted it out pretty much telling the illegals where they can vote and not be questioned.
Why is it OK for the rich white folks at the WP to publish this information online but it's bad for the poor brown people to link to it? Fucking moron.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

I have no problem with producing an ID to buy a can of butane, so why would I have a problem with purchasing a gun if I wanted to do it legally??

And, to take your bait, the Compost did not publish that to get the vote out, only to state about the Voter ID laws. La Raza had the intent to get them to vote with the #VoteForWhat hashtag attached.

BTW, do you know how many registered voters do not have access to an ID?
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:I have no problem with producing an ID to buy a can of butane, so why would I have a problem with purchasing a gun if I wanted to do it legally??

And, to take your bait, the Compost did not publish that to get the vote out, only to state about the Voter ID laws. La Raza had the intent to get them to vote with the #VoteForWhat hashtag attached.

BTW, do you know how many registered voters do not have access to an ID?
Of course. The the rich, white owners, publishers and editors of the WP had noble motives but those filthy Messicans were obviously up to no good.

You know why you don't need an ID to buy a gun? The 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Voting is a right mentioned four times in the Constitution. What other rights should require photo ID?

Oddly enough, the Founding Fathers omitted the right to buy butane.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Good to know...

Do you know how many registered voters do not have access to an ID?
Danzig in the Dark

BlackCrypt wrote:Good to know...

Do you know how many registered voters do not have access to an ID?
Like a fishing license, utility bill, credit card, student ID, paycheck, concealed carry permit, or welfare card?
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Danzig in the Dark

It's irrelevant. Voter ID laws are unconstitutional. You don't need ID to exercise any other Constitutional right. You remember the Constitution, don't you, Patriot?
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Nothing screams "cogent argument" quite like letting internet pictures with words doing the speaking for you.