Some Liberals urge Southern Secession

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Some Liberals urge Southern Secession

Post by BlackCrypt »

Guess you gotta hide the ones who question you away in the basement. The south is "dumbing down" politics apparently. Wonder what Slick Willy thinks of that.

“For more than 100 years, the South has been dumbing down national politics, tilting the country in a conservative direction, supporting militarism, all while demanding huge financial subsidies from blue states,”

“Personally, I think the civil war [sic] never ended. It just became a cold war – in all 50 states.”

http://mediatrackers.org/national/2014/ ... nger-salon
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: Some Liberals urge Southern Secession

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

I live in Louisiana. Yes, yes, we are very stupid down here.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

"Some liberals" = One guy :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:"Some liberals" = One guy :lol:
I know!

However, BC failed to mention that "some conservatives" also urge secession..including Rick Perry of TX, who said it might not be a bad idea at some Tea party rally where folks were yelling "secede!". Of course he walked it back, but yeah, the South is all about keeping the Union together....the Battle Flag of the CSA living proof of that. :P

Actually I think a lot of those same "conservatives" are all butt hurt, mainly, about being called dumb (have you ever listened to Louis Gohmert?), not so much the actual idea of letting the South go on their merry way.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Back in 2004, some liberals proposed secession. Enough so that this law professor wrote an article about whether the Constitution allows secession. This is actually does a pretty good job explaining why the Constitution does not permit unilateral secession:

Does the Constitution Permit the Blue States to Secede?
With Permission, Perhaps; Unilaterally, No

Still smarting from the results of the Presidential and Congressional elections, a number of Democrats and liberal pundits have opined that the "blue states" ought to secede from the Union. The electoral map looks amenable to the plan. By joining with culturally sympathetic Canada, the blue states of the East Coast, the West Coast and the upper Midwest could create a contiguous land mass, with only the islands of the blue state of Hawaii left at a distance.

Talk of secession is not meant to be taken literally. Instead, those who raise the subject wish to underscore the degree to which cultural and political divisions track geographic ones. Appearances can be deceptive, however. Blue states contain many Republicans, just as red states contain many Democrats. Even the rhetorical point of contemporary secessionists is thus subject to question.

But the legality of secession nonetheless warrants serious consideration. Understanding why it is not a realistic option will help us understand the sense in which the United States is--for all its divisions--a Union.

As I will explain below, it is settled law that the Constitution does not permit unilateral secession: A state or group of states cannot simply leave the Union over the objections of the national government. However, the arguments that led to this settled understanding are hardly unassailable, and the Constitution is probably best read as permitting the mutually agreed upon departure of one or more states.

read the rest here:
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dorf/20041124.html