US vs. NK Who fires the first shot?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BDG135
Platinum Artist

US vs. NK Who fires the first shot?

Post by BDG135 »

I doubt North Korea will attack first and I don't think anyone can convince Mr. Kim to stop his nuclear program. The US is gonna attack first. The best hope is to take out Mr. Kim in the beginning. I'm sure there are people on the inside already trying to do that. What say you Sludgers?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Re: US vs. NK Who fires the first shot?

Post by *flick* »

BDG135 wrote:I doubt North Korea will attack first and I don't think anyone can convince Mr. Kim to stop his nuclear program. The US is gonna attack first. The best hope is to take out Mr. Kim in the beginning. I'm sure there are people on the inside already trying to do that. What say you Sludgers?
This is just a hunch, but I'm thinking fatty boy's missiles are just empty metal shells paraded around on flatbed trailers.
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Why would you think North Korea wouldn't fire first? Jong-un doesn't give a shit about his own people or how many die to further his name. They're testing their arms weekly; getting ready. The US keeps provoking North Korea, and yet does nothing, giving North Korea time to get their shit together so they can nuke us into oblivion. If Trump was legitimately concerned for the people of North Korea or a potential American conflict with them, he'd send in a SEAL team to remove Jong-un instead of just taunting him from across the ocean, waiting for his chance to be "forced" into full-scale war. We know from Iraq that this isn't always a great choice, but 'merica! gives no fucks about consequences. The whole thing is a game to these people, and neither side cares who dies in the process.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I don't think Mr. Kim is stupid enough to think his dynasty can survive a war with the US. Waiting for the US to attack first is also a way to show the world the US is the imperialist aggressor they say it is.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I think Jong-un is stupid enough. He's running a totalitarian dictatorship. He doesn't care if his citizens eat. Why would he care about sending them to war?
Image Image
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

I think your analysis is off. Like Gaddafi and Saddam before him, Kim is far more concerned with holding onto power than anything else. He'll have his little displays of supposed 'strength' but I seriously doubt he'd ever launch an attack on a superpower like that.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

MurrayFiend wrote:I think your analysis is off. Like Gaddafi and Saddam before him, Kim is far more concerned with holding onto power than anything else. He'll have his little displays of supposed 'strength' but I seriously doubt he'd ever launch an attack on a superpower like that.
Well, I sure hope so!
Image Image
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Me too. I want climate change to have its fair chance to destroy us all.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

MurrayFiend wrote:Me too. I want climate change to have its fair chance to destroy us all.
Pssh. That would have to be a real thing, first.
Image Image
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

You're right. As Rex Tillerson or some other guy like him so astutely stated, there is no such thing as scientific consensus.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

MurrayFiend wrote:You're right. As Rex Tillerson or some other guy like him so astutely stated, there is no such thing as scientific consensus.
Why would I choose to believe the overwhelming majority of people who study this stuff for a living, when I can believe the coal lobby via Fox News? No brainer.
Image Image
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

I can't give away too much, but there is a plan in place for Dennis Rodman to take over. Kinda like a d'etat, but without the coup.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Blizzard of Cos wrote:I can't give away too much, but there is a plan in place for Dennis Rodman to take over. Kinda like a d'etat, but without the coup.
That would be a detwat.
Image Image
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Mojo wrote:
Blizzard of Cos wrote:I can't give away too much, but there is a plan in place for Dennis Rodman to take over. Kinda like a d'etat, but without the coup.
That would be a detwat.
Thanks for the clarification, I should've realized it was the feminine tense.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

The full feminine form is cooze detwat.
Image Image
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKCN1AU04U

In his first public appearance in about two weeks, Kim inspected the command of the North's army on Monday, examining a plan to fire four missiles aimed at landing near the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, the official KCNA news agency reported.

"He said that if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions on the Korean peninsula and in its vicinity, testing the self-restraint of the DPRK, the latter will make an important decision as it already declared," KCNA said.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

NK news broadcasts are hilarious. Keith Olbermann at his worst can't touch these guys for over the top insanity.

As for fat boy, I'm hoping he's stupid enough to provoke the Japanese. First, it would get us in because, hey, we're obliged to help out an ally. More to the point, the Japanese will go full samurai on the North in a way the South or Americans wouldn't. They would absolutely level Pyonyang and tell the Chinese to fuck off if they complain. And according to a Stratfor report, if Japan and China were to get into a fight, China would lose badly.

The one big difference is that if a fight breaks out, I suspect the US would take up more of a defensive position and not go into the North to keep China happy, and focus instead on taking out all that artillery aimed at Seoul, while Japan would just go right at Pyonyang. And the South is even more dubious. I've read more than a few stories that said many South Koreans wouldn't fight fellow Koreans, even if they are with the North.

So if a fight breaks out, the ones I'm counting on the least is the South Koreans.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

“The worst crime for which he can never be pardoned is that he dared [to] malignantly hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership,” the editorial said.

“He should know that he is just a hideous criminal sentenced to death by the Korean people,” it added.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... im-jong-un