Why Democrats Should Be Losing Sleep Over Generation Z

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Why Democrats Should Be Losing Sleep Over Generation Z

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleystah ... 6240a87878

There has been much talk about the Millennial generation being entitled, lazy, and narcissistic. And while Millennials like myself were busy fending off the harsh criticisms and stereotypes constantly flung at our generation, a whole new demographic was slowly emerging from the shadows. Hello, Generation Z! The fiscally responsible, tattoo hating, Republican leaning group, touted by conservatives as their best hope for the future, and as the antithesis of Millennials.

While Millennials still remember cassette players and dial-up Internet, Generation Z grew up hounded by perpetual terrorist threats and school shootings reflecting on them from their Macbook and iPad screens.

They grew up watching Millennials entering the work force with thousands of dollars in school debt, and it seems that they are intent on not making the same mistakes as us.

According to research, Gen Z is more individualistic, more conservative both socially and fiscally, and they’re already making waves of impact on our political system. Gen Z, those born in 1995 or later, is possibly the most conservative generation since World War II, and it is worrying that their impact has been completely overlooked during this election. While our fears might be preemptive, we should not make the mistake of disregarding the intriguing yet also possibly worrying world views of Generation Z.

Oftentimes Millennials have been criticized for being notoriously liberal, but it looks like the generation right behind us has completely rebelled. A U.K. Study at The Gild did a survey of almost 2,000 adults and found that on issues like gay marriage, marijuana legalization, transgender rights, and even tattoos, 59% of Gen Z respondents described their views as ‘conservative’ and ‘moderate’.

Younger generations are famous for being liberal, therefore we mistakenly assumed that Gen Z would vote Democratic. But studies show that Gen Z’s views closely resemble those of Libertarian or Moderate Republicans, and that they related with Donald Trump on issues like national security and job creation.

We can speculate on the reasons why Gen Z differs so much from the previous generations. One facet would be that from the crib they were plunged into the era on the Internet, and grew up in a media obsessed culture that exposed them to terrorism, school shootings, and the staggering budget crisis on a daily basis. They’ve never had to ask anyone for information, directions, or a recipe.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... ard-drift/

Younger generations are actually embracing traditional conservative values more than people realize.

But while not everything is looking up, decision making and moral behavior definitely are. And while many don’t see Millennials as very conservative, they are actually more conservative than Boomers and Gen Xers were when they were growing up. Considering that the latter two generations both got more conservative as they aged, if Millennials and Gen Z do the same, we could see a strong revival of conservative values.

This counters the conventional wisdom that society is on an unstoppable drift towards libertinism and progressivism. Could this be because we’re now tasting the rotten fruit of second-wave feminism, the sexual revolution, and left-wing economics? While the “free love” movement certainly had its immediate pleasures, they were obtained at the expense of the future. Promiscuity trivialized sex and led to rampant hedonism. Hence the expansion of unwed motherhood and divorce, which causes all manner of problems, including increased crime.
vanitybinge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Why Democrats Should Be Losing Sleep Over Generation Z

Post by vanitybinge »

Silly writer,

Kids love weed
In the paper, seems a florist
Found in Lincoln Park, died of some anemia
No one raped her, poor Doloris,
Just detained her and drained her on the spot
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

lifelike wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm
vanitybinge wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm Silly writer,

Kids love weed
Not true.......most teenagers these days are anti-booze and anti-drugs after watching their parents slobber over such things.

Most drunks and druggies now are over 40.
Clearly you haven’t spent much time in Mass. you pretty much get a contact high as soon as you cross the border, and most of those 40-somethings buy their weed from the kids.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

vanitybinge wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am Clearly you haven’t spent much time in Mass.
Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Yeah. Kids don’t love weed anymore. :roll:
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

All the young people I know are constantly fucked on MDMA. They all know there's no real future for them, getting absolutely aff yer tits is the only sane response.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

EvilRockPosh wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 am All the young people I know are constantly fucked on MDMA. They all know there's no real future for them, getting absolutely aff yer tits is the only sane response.
'Cause life's a bitch and then you die.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Damn those senior citizens and their opioid crisis. Grow up, silly old-timers!
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Teenagers born after 2000 - the so-called 'Generation Z' - are the most socially conservative generation since the Second World War, a new study has found.

The youngsters surveyed had more conservative views on gay marriage, transgender rights and drugs than Baby Boomers, Generation X or Millennials.

The questioned were more prudent than Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers but not quite as cash-savvy as those born in 1945 or before.

Sociology experts class those born in or before 1945 as the Silent Generation; people born between 1946 and 1964 as Baby Boomers; those born between 1965 and 1980 as Generation X; and anyone born between 1980 and 2000 as Millennials.

Only 14 and 15-year-olds were surveyed, by brand consultancy The Gild, as they were classed as being able to form credible opinions by that age.

When asked to comment on same-sex marriage, transgender rights and cannabis legislation, 59 per cent of Generation X teenagers said they had conservative views.

Around 85 per cent of Millennials and those in Generation X had a 'quite' or 'very liberal' stance overall.

When asked for their specific view on each topic only the Silent Generation was more conservative that Generation Z.

One in seven - 14% - of the 14 and 15-year-olds took a 'quite conservative' approach, while only two per cent of Millennials and one per cent of Generation X.

The Silent Generation had a 'quite conservative' rating of 34 per cent.

Young people, who have grown up during the 2008 financial crash, were also more prudent and careful with their finances. A quarter of respondents wanted to save money instead of spending cash they didn't have.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -cent.htmlTrump's approval rating among likely voters soars to his best in 23 MONTHS at 52 per cent after State of the Union address as border-wall shutdown talks intensify

Rasmussen Reports poll as Trump at 52 per cent approval, his best showing in 23 months and a higher number than his winning edge in 2016
Significant up-swing since government-shutdown low of 43 per cent
New numbers were collected in the three days immediately following State of the Union address
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

You need to look up cognitive bias and stop using the fucking Daily Mail as proof.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
vanitybinge

Post by vanitybinge »

SkeletorsGhost wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 am
Teenagers born after 2000 - the so-called 'Generation Z' - are the most socially conservative generation since the Second World War, a new study has found.

The youngsters surveyed had more conservative views on gay marriage, transgender rights and drugs than Baby Boomers, Generation X or Millennials.

The questioned were more prudent than Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers but not quite as cash-savvy as those born in 1945 or before.

Sociology experts class those born in or before 1945 as the Silent Generation; people born between 1946 and 1964 as Baby Boomers; those born between 1965 and 1980 as Generation X; and anyone born between 1980 and 2000 as Millennials.

Only 14 and 15-year-olds were surveyed, by brand consultancy The Gild, as they were classed as being able to form credible opinions by that age.

When asked to comment on same-sex marriage, transgender rights and cannabis legislation, 59 per cent of Generation X teenagers said they had conservative views.

Around 85 per cent of Millennials and those in Generation X had a 'quite' or 'very liberal' stance overall.

When asked for their specific view on each topic only the Silent Generation was more conservative that Generation Z.

One in seven - 14% - of the 14 and 15-year-olds took a 'quite conservative' approach, while only two per cent of Millennials and one per cent of Generation X.

Young people, who have grown up during the 2008 financial crash, were also more prudent and careful with their finances. A quarter of respondents wanted to save money instead of spending cash they didn't have.
When “1 in 7” and “34%” becomes your majority statistic, you need to go back to school.
You’re a fucking dunce.
AnotherPerfectB*stard
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AnotherPerfectB*stard »

EvilRockPosh wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 am You need to look up cognitive bias and stop using the fucking Daily Mail as proof.
True Dat, The Sun or Daily Star are writ betterer wiv words 'n stuff, Knife Crimes, Brexit and Katie Price's tits
Raise your can of beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have past us by
The golden age of leather
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

So a brand consultancy in the United Kingdom as reported in the Daily Fail should make American Democrats nervous?

Also, anyone who thinks that kids aren't smoking dope is an idiot*. Or sneaking booze or taking whatever.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

vlad wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm smoking dope
Ah, yes. Smoking dope. I remember I would wait until mother was out with her canasta club, then I'd crank up my phonograph; always the latest Al Jolson hit, and think sinfully of Clara Bow whilst smoking dope.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Mojo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 pm
vlad wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm smoking dope
Ah, yes. Smoking dope. I remember I would wait until mother was out with her canasta club, then I'd crank up my phonograph; always the latest Al Jolson hit, and think sinfully of Clara Bow whilst smoking dope.
:lol:

Seriously, the kidlets smoke it in joints, though I did spy a bong in the chaos of the 16 y/o's room. One of them borrowed their grandfather's papers. I just shook my head and basically said "Back in my day, while walking uphill both ways in the snow, we hid it from our parents...like you're supposed to! Kids these days."
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

Keeping denying folks, where ever the news is coming from, kids are getting more conservative.
Pretty crazy considering how our society has been trucking.
You should think this is a good thing.
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

vanitybinge wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm
SkeletorsGhost wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 am

When “1 in 7” and “34%” becomes your majority statistic, you need to go back to school.
You’re a fucking dunce.

A sample size of seven 15 year olds taught us that they are more fiscally prudent than the last three generations.

Facts must be facts. 5 of the 7 15 year olds give a pause at buying virtual armor for their Video Game avatars, proves theyre very conservative fiscally.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?