Six former wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about abusive OSU doctor

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Six former wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about abusive OSU doctor

Post by Turner Coates »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/politics ... index.html

Tito Vazquez says he still remembers the day three decades ago when, as a wrestler at Ohio State University, the doctor he'd gone to see about a bloody nose insisted on examining his genitals. He also recalls how one of his coaches dismissed his immediate complaint.
"'I have nothing to do with this,'" Vazquez quoted the assistant coach saying, as he effectively ended the conversation and went on with wrestling practice.
That coach, Vazquez says, was Jim Jordan, now an Ohio congressman and an influential voice in Republican politics, perhaps best known for his pugnacious defense of President Donald Trump during the recent impeachment proceedings.
Vazquez is one of six former OSU wrestlers who told CNN in recent interviews that they were present when Jordan heard or responded to sexual misconduct complaints about team doctor Richard Strauss. Eight others say Strauss' inappropriate behavior was an open secret in the athletic department and that Jordan, among others, must have known about it.

A number of lawsuits have been filed against OSU over allegations related to Strauss. On Friday, OSU announced that it reached a monetary settlement with Strauss' victims in 11 out of 18 pending cases.
Since the scandal emerged, Jordan has emphatically denied that he knew anything about Strauss' abuse during his own years working at OSU, between 1987 and 1995. "Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State," his congressional office said in 2018.
Former OSU wrestler Tito Vazquez says he told then assistant coach Jim Jordan, now a congressman, that team doctor Richard Strauss groped him during an exam.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Six former wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about abusive OSU doctor

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Jim Jordan is a repulsive piece of shit and it was angering watching him questioning witnesses in the impeachment hearings knowing he should be locked up himself for his actions at OSU.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Post by absolutely fabulous »

Hmm, would either of you two, Turner and Subs want to go on record and say Jim Jordan knew?
In court?
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

absolutely fabulous wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:03 pm Hmm, would either of you two, Turner and Subs want to go on record and say Jim Jordan knew?
In court?
Nah. That's for a jury or judge to decide. I'd gladly punch him in the face, though.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.