Should I be doing the Friends/Foes thing?

For musicians looking to join other bands or for trying to find people to join their bands.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Should I be doing the Friends/Foes thing?

Post by Woosh »

Do people do it? I noticed Knuckman mention it in passing, but I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I've never heard anyone else say anything about it.
I made Knuckman my friend, just in case. But I really wanted to get a feel for what the rest of the crowd was doing in this case, before I started wilding out and making a massive foe list.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Should I be doing the Friends/Foes thing?

Post by MurrayFiend »

I have no clue how to use any of that shit. I'm sure it's exceedingly simple; it's just that I've never felt strongly enough about someone to "foe" him/her (though a certain Gossip Boarder is making a run for it right now) and as far as a Sludge friend list goes... do people actually have those? If they do I guess I'm not on any but from where I'm standing, the people I really like are going to know I like them and the people I kinda like can just keep not making me hate them.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I definitely feel you on the "friend" tip. The "foe" thing, that's a different beast. Doesn't it make it where you can't read what they write? Hopefully someone that knows a bit about it, exercises friend/foe options will chime in with some insight.

MurrayFiend, you are my friend though; just so you know. If you ever wanted me to officially add you, it would be a done deal. I wouldn't put you on the list without your consent, because, hey, why riisk offending a friend? It would almost be like doing the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish then.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

I'm not ashamed to admit that I use the "foe" feature, although not on "the average person who annoys me". However, there are about three posters whose posts were genuinely beginning to make Sludge "un-fun" for me, so I blocked their posts. Yes, I still see when they get quoted, but I don't have to deal with much of the stuff that was raising my ire. If those particular three were "predictable" as to where they posted, I would've simply avoided threads where they tended to congregate, but no such luck.

Yes, I realize it's a pussy way to handle stuff, but I'm still not ashamed by it, since it's not as if I am avoiding them entirely--I just only have to see when they've said something that lead to a beatdown or was particularly LOL-worthy.

The "friend" feature, though, is fairly worthless--all it was ever good for was seeing a convenient list of who was online at a given moment, presuming that everyone on your friend list allows their status to be shown.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

The foe feature makes zinging the dipshits impossible. That shit is fun and I'm not in the habit of foiling my own fun.

What would be good is if the friend feature made it to where you could click on a friend name while PMing and it would automatically add that name to the recipient list. Or at least make it easier to copy and paste. I've written out PMs before, went to C&P somebody's name, hit the wrong button and lost the whole message. :x That shit makes me want to throw the computer in the fucking trash.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Nah, flagger, true idiocy gets quoted, so ya don't miss out! (And u can always display individual posts)
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Calexxia wrote:true idiocy gets quoted
Yeah, by the person zinging them. I'm not taking any sloppy zinger seconds.
ImageImage
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

Post by knuckles.is.contractual »

I foe at whim. Mostly for racism and gore. But I've foed people just for being cliche and making me roll my eyes at them. I clear out the foe list every so often and start again. I rarely miss someone I've foed. I don't really consider myself a great zinger of man, though.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

I won't foe anyone. I might miss out on something juicy. I started to friend people, but stopped at two friends out of laziness.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

exitflagger wrote:What would be good is if the friend feature made it to where you could click on a friend name while PMing and it would automatically add that name to the recipient list. Or at least make it easier to copy and paste. I've written out PMs before, went to C&P somebody's name, hit the wrong button and lost the whole message. :x That shit makes me want to throw the computer in the fucking trash.

It already does that. When you're pming someone, look at your Friend list and it will have an "ADD" button next to each of your Friends' names. You can click on as many Friends as you want to and it will send the same message to all of them.

Also, I foe trolls. No shame.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:It already does that. When you're pming someone, look at your Friend list and it will have an "ADD" button next to each of your Friends' names. You can click on as many Friends as you want to and it will send the same message to all of them.
:oops: Now I feel so dumb. I feel really dumb. For real.

You know, I wouldn't have shit to worry about with all this if your damn screen name didn't take like a half hour to type out. :!:
ImageImage
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

Post by knuckles.is.contractual »

I think someone is trying to say that they've foed me.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

knuckles.is.contractual wrote:I think someone is trying to say that they've foed me.
I was worried it was me 'cause I dig the dude, but he quoted one of my posts after that, so...
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?