The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by eddie lee roth »

LAglamrocker wrote:Another 5 star match from Sami last night
Brock was sweet another "live" interview. Crowd was little pisssed he was advertised for weeks

The Rock taping the movie after was maybe greatest thing I've seen in wrestling. Two actors come out playing AJ and Paige. The crowd didn't leave but watched a fake match played out on a wrestling "show" and reacted like it was real fantastic! They filmed it in parts so they would get good shots and crowd ate it up! They ended up doing match and finish a few times. Crowd stayed for the first match but by the end only 300 in Staples..crowd watching and reacting to a fake match was mind blowing fun
That's fucked up if the movie is big time enough for the Rock to be in it you'd at least expect Paige and AJ to be in it too. Paige is pissing away her career. She could of been a player but instead she's finding out she can easily be replaced and the wheels keep on rolling without her.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I'm SURE it wasn't just for crowd reaction for his movie, but the Rock "called" CM Punk and left him a Voicemail while in the middle of the ring last night too and the crowd went crazy with CM Punk chants.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I'm SURE it wasn't just for crowd reaction for his movie, but the Rock "called" CM Punk and left him a Voicemail while in the middle of the ring last night too and the crowd went crazy with CM Punk chants.
If it was anybody other than The Rock pulling that shit there would be all kinds of hell to play once they got backstage. :lol:

Good for him, I miss Punk if he was around right now to go with all the others that are getting camera time the storylines would be killer.

I wish he would drop his stupid little MMA pipe dream of his.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

eddie lee roth wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I'm SURE it wasn't just for crowd reaction for his movie, but the Rock "called" CM Punk and left him a Voicemail while in the middle of the ring last night too and the crowd went crazy with CM Punk chants.
If it was anybody other than The Rock pulling that shit there would be all kinds of hell to play once they got backstage. :lol:

Good for him, I miss Punk if he was around right now to go with all the others that are getting camera time the storylines would be killer.

Oh without a doubt! I'm surprised that even Stephanie still makes the occasional comment or takes the occasional jab on RAW TV.

I have to agree. Punk could be having so many great matches right now and verbally you know he would have decimated Goldberg just like he did when Nash inexplicably came back.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:

Oh without a doubt! I'm surprised that even Stephanie still makes the occasional comment or takes the occasional jab on RAW TV.

I have to agree. Punk could be having so many great matches right now and verbally you know he would have decimated Goldberg just like he did when Nash inexplicably came back.
When him and Nash had their little back and forth was one of the funniest putdowns ever.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

eddie lee roth wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote: I have to agree. Punk could be having so many great matches right now and verbally you know he would have decimated Goldberg just like he did when Nash inexplicably came back.
When him and Nash had their little back and forth was one of the funniest putdowns ever.
Easily. I like Nash, but he was way out of his element and not as quick as he used to be. I remember thinking, he legitimately looked pissed off that Punk was abusing him.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote: I have to agree. Punk could be having so many great matches right now and verbally you know he would have decimated Goldberg just like he did when Nash inexplicably came back.
Easily. I like Nash, but he was way out of his element and not as quick as he used to be. I remember thinking, he legitimately looked pissed off that Punk was abusing him.
Nash got COMPLETELY buried that night. Think he was off Raw permanently a week or two after that went down.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Opening segment on Smackdown Live was a 10! Ha ha Uso wife always sucked..no dream of hometown Mania ha ha ha, Bliss takes back belt YES YES YES

3 tv events 8 days the best!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

nevil needs a manager to talk for him. fuck he's horrible on the stick.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Last segment on Smackdown! That's why WWE is best sport/show ever!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Boy, Goldberg beat Kevin Owens tonight almost as fast as he beat Lesnar at Survivor Series!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

So glad WWE is about future NXT blah blah blah now roster works all year for nothing. OLdberg vs part time Lesner so lame

I guess we will find out if winning Royal Rumble main events Mania. Wrestlemania crowd will Boo Goldberg so bad, make Mania 20 seem light

Smackdown beats Raw so badly it's not even funny
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

What's with all the super quick Goldberg matches?
He incapable of anything else?
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Is it just me or did Goldberg seem really winded before the match even started?

I was NEVER a Goldberg fan and hated that we knew Owens was going to drop it to him and to do it the way they did was so shitty, but they couldn't have him beat Brock in a Minute and a half then have Owens last for an actual match.

I am a Lesnar fan though and hope they let him destroy Goldberg at Mania.

Either way, Jericho and Owens are going to have the match of the night. It's a shame they couldn't let it be for the Universal Title.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Oldberg getting the title. What a joke.

Hope Lesnar destroys him at WM.

But, then, Lesnar is champ and Raw has a part time champ again. That sucks too.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:Is it just me or did Goldberg seem really winded before the match even started?

I was NEVER a Goldberg fan and hated that we knew Owens was going to drop it to him and to do it the way they did was so shitty, but they couldn't have him beat Brock in a Minute and a half then have Owens last for an actual match.

I am a Lesnar fan though and hope they let him destroy Goldberg at Mania.

Either way, Jericho and Owens are going to have the match of the night. It's a shame they couldn't let it be for the Universal Title.
I think you guys whine entirely too much on this thread, but on this I couldn't agree more.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote: Either way, Jericho and Owens are going to have the match of the night. It's a shame they couldn't let it be for the Universal Title.
they need a way to get the belt off of jericho nice he's leaving again after mania. they also needed a way to get a belt back on lesner
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Kid-Wicked wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote: Either way, Jericho and Owens are going to have the match of the night. It's a shame they couldn't let it be for the Universal Title.
they need a way to get the belt off of jericho nice he's leaving again after mania. they also needed a way to get a belt back on lesner
True, and at least Owens will have A belt after Mania, even if it's not the Universal.

Who do you all think will be Brock's first challenger after Mania?
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
True, and at least Owens will have A belt after Mania, even if it's not the Universal.

Reigns. :-/

Maybe Rollins?

Balor?

I'd love to see someone like Russev get a push even if just for a minor ppv title shot, but they seem to be too busy burying him at the moment.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Ravishing Rick Rude announced tonight as latest HOF inductee. What do you Metal Sludge sweathogs think of that?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

dmbrocker wrote:Ravishing Rick Rude announced tonight as latest HOF inductee. What do you Metal Sludge sweathogs think of that?
I think it's overdue.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

That-guy wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Ravishing Rick Rude announced tonight as latest HOF inductee. What do you Metal Sludge sweathogs think of that?
I think it's overdue.
Yep, long overdue, in fact. I figured he would've been in years ago.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

samoa joe is the obvious choice. roman maybe.
i don't think fin balor and brock are the money match but it might be.

i figure stroman/joe beats brock, balor beats stroman/joe.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

demolition23 wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

I'd love to see someone like Russev get a push even if just for a minor ppv title shot, but they seem to be too busy burying him at the moment.

That would be an interesting match. I loved when they were really pushing Rusev and he was doing the old school "My Country is great, America Sucks" routine. Some of the classics don't get old to me and if he were still being pushed like that bringing back Kurt Angle to feud with him could have been fun.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

I can see those scenarios playing out. I agree with you that Balor/Brock just doesn't do it for me. Do you think Owens will get in the mix with Brock? They're advertising Brock/Owens for the upcoming MSG House Show this weekend.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Oh, and yes, LONG overdue for Rick Rude! It's crazy how many legendary guys never got to be more than Intercontinental Champion. Rude was great.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

I can see those scenarios playing out. I agree with you that Balor/Brock just doesn't do it for me. Do you think Owens will get in the mix with Brock? They're advertising Brock/Owens for the upcoming MSG House Show this weekend.
of course that will happen, but not for a while. after mania brock will have the universal belt and owens will have the us title. maybe seeing nakamura beat owens to set the table for brock. but brock has the 3 big guys to deal with first.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

RIP "Outlaw" Ron Bass...Anyone here remember him?

http://www.wwe.com/article/outlaw-ron-b ... 60897263=1
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

dmbrocker wrote:RIP "Outlaw" Ron Bass...Anyone here remember him?

http://www.wwe.com/article/outlaw-ron-b ... 60897263=1
Yes, it's been a long time, but I vaguely remember Beefcake shaving his head. I would have been 5 I think.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Going to a 'Road to WrestleMania' House Show at Madison Square Garden tomorrow. It starts at 3 in the afternoon though, which is odd to me.

I haven't been to a house show in more than 20 years, since I was a kid. Any suggestions or advice?