Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Max Scherzer becomes 3rd fastest to 2,000K, ( tied with Nolan Ryan ) behind Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

As a NL guy, I'm indifferent to the Yankees. Neither like nor dislike, but that Judge bomb over the bleachers today was damn impressive.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAPoet wrote:As a NL guy, I'm indifferent to the Yankees. Neither like nor dislike, but that Judge bomb over the bleachers today was damn impressive.
495 feet or 496 feet, depends who is reporting.
tbh, i have always wanted to see a Yankees player clear the bleachers but never saw any player come close during a game.
i bet that man is the grey Yankees jersey is kicking himself for not catching the ball cleanly. butter fingers over there :lol:
whether you like the Yankees or not, hard not to like Judge and hard not to be impressed by the HR. I guess the only other
HR that has been hit further in the statcast era is Stanton from Marlins. which is no surprise.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Speaking of Aaron Judge, he is the AL Player Of The Week. Scooter Gennett takes home NL honors.

Baseball's best team ( Houston ) places Lance McCullers on 10 day DL with lower back discomfort. Houston is on pace to surpass Seattle's 116win 2001 season with 117.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Gonna be tough with both McCullers and Keuchel on the DL
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Speaking of Aaron Judge, he is the AL Player Of The Week.
the fucking media is already comparing Judge to Jeter and Babe Ruth and other great MLB players.
WTF!
leave the kid alone and let him just play. why is the media so quick to compare a player to a legend? what is the point?
it is a useless convo.

Judge did have another great game last night. 2 run homer in the 8th to give the Yankees the lead, 5-3
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Indians 3B Jose Ramirez is the AL Player Of The Week. Mets pitchers Jacob deGrom is the AL's.

*edit

Top MFY prospect Gleyber Torres will undergo season ending Tommy John surgery. MFY brass expect him to be ready for Spring Training
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

World Series hero and .171BAA superstar Kyle Schwarber sent to AAA.

Oakland DFA C Stephen Vogt.

The rumor is a #5 and #15 prospect will be what it takes to land Sonny Gray. While Gray has had control issues, he's 27 and not a free agent until 2020.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:World Series hero and .171BAA superstar Kyle Schwarber sent to AAA.

The rumor is a #5 and #15 prospect will be what it takes to land Sonny Gray. While Gray has had control issues, he's 27 and not a free agent until 2020.
but i thought Schwarber was the next great thing and that he was going to run the league for the next 10 years?
i thought the Cubs said Schwarber was great trade bait and would command a very, very high prospect, etc... in return for a trade
blah blah blah

STFU, Cubs fans. your highly touted "hero" is now riding the buses in the minors.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:World Series hero and .171BAA superstar Kyle Schwarber sent to AAA.

but i thought Schwarber was the next great thing and that he was going to run the league for the next 10 years?
i thought the Cubs said Schwarber was great trade bait and would command a very, very high prospect, etc... in return for a trade
blah blah blah

STFU, Cubs fans. your highly touted "hero" is now riding the buses in the minors.
I still think he's going to be very, very good. I was just making a joke about the Chicago-hype machine.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Julio Urias out 12-14 months for surgery to repair torn capsule something or other in his shoulder.

That sucks. That kid has so much talent. Fuck LA, but I hate hearing that.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Julio Urias out 12-14 months for surgery to repair torn capsule something or other in his shoulder.

That sucks. That kid has so much talent. Fuck LA, but I hate hearing that.
these days teams add so much value to a pitcher that has already had TJ surgery or a major shoulder surgery. to be expected
that every single pitcher will be forced to get that surgery at some point. amazing that it is now a given that a pitcher
in MLB will suffer such a devastating injury.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Happy 43rd b-day to Derek Jeter, number 2

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Corey Kluber 16IP 0ER 6H 24K and Cody Bellinger 5HR 12RBI 1.037OPS are your AL & NL Players of the Week.

Braves acquire SS Adeiny Hechavarria from Marlins RHP Ethan Clark and OF Braxton Lee.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Former Mets pitcher Anthony Young dead at 51 following brain tumor:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-met ... 38531.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mariners LHP Drew Smyly out for season with Tommy John.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cubs DFA Montero for blasting Arrieta last night
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke of a team. I'm sure someone will declare this move has brought the team
closer, blah blah blah
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Cubs DFA Montero for blasting Arrieta last night
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke of a team. I'm sure someone will declare this move has brought the team
closer, blah blah blah
He's a backup. His #s weren't bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. He is a backup. When teammates also call you out for throwing blame ( Rizzo ) your time is limited.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Colon's out in ATL. Big whoop, apparently. He wasn't getting anything done for us.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nats SS Trea Turner to miss significant time with wrist fracture from being hit by pitch vs. Cubs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros RHP David Paulino suspended 80 games for PEDs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

7/6/86

Bob Horner hits 4 HR's for the Braves vs. Expos
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Terry Francona underwent heartsurgery yesterday and will not manage the AL in the All Star game. He's slated to return after the break.

This is a few days old concerning the HR Derby, NY Yankee Gaby Sanchez, and Logan Morrison.

"Gary shouldn't be there,'' said Morrison, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. "Gary's a great player, but he shouldn't be in the Home Run Derby."

With 14 home runs, Sanchez has the lowest total of anyone in the field. While he has missed time this year, playing in only 52 games, his slugging percentage is still just seventh-best, ahead of only defending champion Giancarlo Stanton.

"I remember when I had 14 home runs,'' Morrison continued. "That was a month and a half ago.''

Sanchez responded with "it's not my fault he didn't get selected."

That's true. One of the reasons I'm anti-ASG ( especially it deciding WS homefield, fuck you Selig! ) is it's a popularity contest.

I think Morrison was in the wrong going public, but it is bullshit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Terry Francona underwent heartsurgery yesterday and will not manage the AL in the All Star game. He's slated to return after the break.

This is a few days old concerning the HR Derby, NY Yankee Gaby Sanchez, and Logan Morrison.

"Gary shouldn't be there,'' said Morrison, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. "Gary's a great player, but he shouldn't be in the Home Run Derby."

With 14 home runs, Sanchez has the lowest total of anyone in the field. While he has missed time this year, playing in only 52 games, his slugging percentage is still just seventh-best, ahead of only defending champion Giancarlo Stanton.

"I remember when I had 14 home runs,'' Morrison continued. "That was a month and a half ago.''

Sanchez responded with "it's not my fault he didn't get selected."

That's true. One of the reasons I'm anti-ASG ( especially it deciding WS homefield, fuck you Selig! ) is it's a popularity contest.

That surgery is similar to what Harbaugh underwent when he was the 49ers coach. Harbaugh recovered quickly and did not miss much time post surgery.

Regarding the lowly Rays player, he should keep his mouth shut. i would love to see Chapman throw a heater in the small of his back as retaliation. Wouldn't
that be nice?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:7/6/86

Bob Horner hits 4 HR's for the Braves vs. Expos
I remember that. The guy was an Expos KILLER.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Regarding the lowly Rays player, he should keep his mouth shut. i would love to see Chapman throw a heater in the small of his back as retaliation. Wouldn't
that be nice?
Just throw at him? He spoke about a New York Yankee rookie without being in awe. They should fucking kill him!

That's the organization that gave us Derek Jetuh ( that's how the fanbase that actually has roots there talk ). How dare he insult an MFY rookie. Just wait until he retires and they have to sit through one of his retirement tours. Then they'll see.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

who's watching the HR derby tonight? might be epic with Judge vs Stanton. the rookie vs
the hometown hero. stats will tell you that Judge won't do well tonight. most rookies that
participate in the HR derby don't hit many out. some don't hit one HR out(Piazza)
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote:
Morrison could have made his point without pointing to players that were invited, but rather those who have homerun numbers who were dissed, as he later tried to clean things up by mentioning Eric Thames, who I do believe should be there. It is a fucked up way that they decide who gets an invite, and there should be a fan ballot for that, but you do yourself no favors crying about it.

That said, taking 3 of 4 from the Sox and ending the first half 3.5 games out of first....I'll fucking take it!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:who's watching the HR derby tonight? might be epic with Judge vs Stanton. the rookie vs
the hometown hero. stats will tell you that Judge won't do well tonight. most rookies that
participate in the HR derby don't hit many out. some don't hit one HR out(Piazza)
A lot of past participants ( Ortiz, Hamilton, etc. ) say that participating really messes with your swing ( timing, pitch selection, etc ) in the long run, so I'm prone to not care about the derby. I get how it's fun for the fans, but is it worth the possible effect it could have on your playing?

Maybe I'm just being too analytical with this.

While I agree with Morrison's point his statement made hin look like a bitch about it. There's a way to make a point. That ain't one of them.

Chris Sale vs. Max Scherzer for the All Star game starters.

Even counting Ellesbury in 2008 ( and I was right in the long run, how's that contract working out NY? ) I can't think of a player I was more wrong about than Scherzer. I was always "he's a number 2-ish :lol: King Felix he ain't." Man, did I eat my words on that one. He's passed Kershaw for the best in the NL discussion. Sheesh.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:who's watching the HR derby tonight? might be epic with Judge vs Stanton. the rookie vs
A lot of past participants ( Ortiz, Hamilton, etc. ) say that participating really messes with your swing ( timing, pitch selection, etc ) in the long run, so I'm prone to not care about the derby. I get how it's fun for the fans, but is it worth the possible effect it could have on your playing?

Maybe I'm just being too analytical with this.

While I agree with Morrison's point his statement made hin look like a bitch about it. There's a way to make a point. That ain't one of them.

Chris Sale vs. Max Scherzer for the All Star game starters.

Even counting Ellesbury in 2008 ( and I was right in the long run, how's that contract working out NY? ) I can't think of a player I was more wrong about than Scherzer. I was always "he's a number 2-ish :lol: King Felix he ain't." Man, did I eat my words on that one. He's passed Kershaw for the best in the NL discussion. Sheesh.
about the debate of whether participating on the HR derby messes with the swing, i don't know about it. for years i agreed and now i'm leaning towards
does it really matter all that much? if the greats of 50 years ago or more were able to participate and continue with their great career, why can't
the players of today? i think it might be a spirited convo and eat up a lot of sports talk show hours, but i think it is time to end that
debate and enjoy the derby for what it is: an exhibition