Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Micheal Jordan becomes investor in Derek Jeter's group to buy the Marlins for 1.17b.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

All Rise, Judge gets the W in the Derby.
Stanton eliminated by Sanchez. Great night to be a Yankees fan.
Now if only the team can turn the season around and get back to winning a few games here.

I have not seen the HR derby from beginning to end in years. Many years. I had to tune in last night
and it was great TV. Totally entertaining and this was before Judge ultimately won.
Fun to see big league players hit the ball up to and over 500 feet. Would have been fun to be in
LF, catching those balls on the fly or off the glass wall Miami has.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

The Derby was great, but I had to flip over to the Spanish broadcast as those idiots hosting were driving me nuts.
I sure didn't miss BACK BACK BACK all night, but those three sounded like dunderheads "Wow, this is awesome! What a treat! Bow down to how great this all is".
The final straw was when the chick said, "This is unprecedented!". It's the Home Run Derby, long home runs aren't unprecedented, they are expected.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Funnelhead wrote:The Derby was great, but I had to flip over to the Spanish broadcast as those idiots hosting were driving me nuts.
I sure didn't miss BACK BACK BACK all night, but those three sounded like dunderheads "Wow, this is awesome! What a treat! Bow down to how great this all is".
The final straw was when the chick said, "This is unprecedented!". It's the Home Run Derby, long home runs aren't unprecedented, they are expected.
well said. i also did not miss Berman, but the three announcers ESPN had were lame.
Tex was coming from a perspective of a former player and I guess his comments were decent.
The other two were just bad. When Judge joined them briefly, either an intern or the producer
forgot to give Judge a headset, so the guy couldn't hear anything that was being asked directly to him.
Shitty production right there!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cubs and White Sox have a deal. Jose Quintana is now a Cub for prospects Eloy Jimenez and 3 others.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

:shock:

Holy shit! Boston DFAs Fat Panda halfway through his 5/95m deal.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote::shock:

look for Panda to exceed 300 lbs within 12 months.
great signing Sux. what happened to Middlebrooks or Shaw? oh yeah, picking
the right prospect is the most difficult thing to do is baseball.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:

Another one of Cherington's failures. Dombrowski shouldn't have traded Shaw. I think everyone saw this coming. There was a reason SF's identical contract offer had the "insulting" incentives added to it.

How's that Ellesbury contract working out, Machado?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

Another one of Cherington's failures. Dombrowski shouldn't have traded Shaw. I think everyone saw this coming. There was a reason SF's identical contract offer had the "insulting" incentives added to it.

Ellsbury is on the team. He's playing. More than I can say for Panda :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote: look for Panda to exceed 300 lbs within 12 months.

Shit. :lol: You got me there.

You just wait. Ellesbury is going to start eating, and eating, and eating and then? DFA! You'll see.

Micheal Pineda has partial UCL tear in elbow. Tommy John surgery reccomended.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

You just wait. Ellesbury is going to start eating, and eating, and eating and then? DFA! You'll see.

thanks for informing me of that terrible news. Pineda would be out until 2019.
forget about it. he's done in The Bronx. never lived up to the hype as a starter. he was average at best
and that is not good enough. effing TJ surgeries are so common. ridiculous!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

thanks for informing me of that terrible news. Pineda would be out until 2019.
forget about it. he's done in The Bronx. never lived up to the hype as a starter. he was average at best
and that is not good enough. effing TJ surgeries are so common. ridiculous!
It worked out better than Jesus Montero.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

killeverything wrote:Cubs and White Sox have a deal. Jose Quintana is now a Cub for prospects Eloy Jimenez and 3 others.
I'm going to go more into this. Eloy Jiminez looks like a massive overpay. There is a rumour that Sonny Gray is a target. Schwarber?

Arrieta is a free agent after this season. That seems like they're preparing to let him walk. Bruce Harper is also a free agent.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

A's trade Sean Doolitle and Ryan Madsen to Nationals for Blake Treinen and a pair of prospects.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:My A's annual re-stock the rest of the MLB sale has begun! Alonso, Sonny and Jed will be gone by the deadline too!
that franchise is an embarrassment to MLB and should really be eliminated. that city does not deserve this team and that
team does not deserve that city.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:My A's annual re-stock the rest of the MLB sale has begun! Alonso, Sonny and Jed will be gone by the deadline too!
that franchise is an embarrassment to MLB and should really be eliminated. that city does not deserve this team and that
team does not deserve that city.
The fuck?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:What the Oakland Athletics deserve is new ownership and a new front office staff! Billy Beane needs to go! Love the spin he puts on their situation in this article! I read it and thought "Well, no shit Sherlock Beane and you are a MAJOR part of the problem!"

http://deadspin.com/billy-beane-admits- ... 1796980365
Them not having any money is the problem. Beane took a risk with the Lester/Cespedes trade that didn't work. I still think he does pretty well considering.

I just read an article on Moneyball a few days ago. I'll try to remember where and link it later. Anyways, Moneyball's philosphy ( written after the Giambi, Foulke, big 3, Tejada, Chavez, etc. signings ) wasn't successful. He hit paydirt with those drafts ( '99-00? ), but aside from Donaldson hasn't been able to replicate it.

I still think he'a doing a good job. He has no budget to work with. It's pretty easy to get a youth rebuild if you have superstars to trade.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:I've read the book and seen the movie. I agree, they need an owner who is willing to pay or they'll continuing developing good players just to trade them for prospects! Eternal rebuild!
no owner is going to buy that team and pump money into that team as long as they call Oakland home. c'mon, the visiting teams don't even
stay in Oakland hotels while they are in town. they all stay in SF.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:What the Oakland Athletics deserve is new ownership and a new front office staff! Billy Beane needs to go! Love the spin he puts on their situation in this article! I read it and thought "Well, no shit Sherlock Beane and you are a MAJOR part of the problem!"

http://deadspin.com/billy-beane-admits- ... 1796980365
Them not having any money is the problem. Beane took a risk with the Lester/Cespedes trade that didn't work. I still think he does pretty well considering.

I just read an article on Moneyball a few days ago. I'll try to remember where and link it later. Anyways, Moneyball's philosphy ( written after the Giambi, Foulke, big 3, Tejada, Chavez, etc. signings ) wasn't successful. He hit paydirt with those drafts ( '99-00? ), but aside from Donaldson hasn't been able to replicate it.

I still think he'a doing a good job. He has no budget to work with. It's pretty easy to get a youth rebuild if you have superstars to trade.
I would say as far as small market, no money teams, Bean is no where near what the Rays continue to pull off. Quietly in contention, real good pitching and a low salary offense that is exceeding expectations....at this point. Usually, the kids fall off the map near mid August, so there is still plenty of time to choke.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

HOUSTON -- Astros are saying 6-8 weeks until Correa can return from the torn ligament in his left thumb.
Losing their star SS will really test just how much this team has progressed.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:HOUSTON -- Astros are saying 6-8 weeks until Correa can return from the torn ligament in his left thumb.
Losing their star SS will really test just how much this team has progressed.
That's a tough blow. I really like the Jeff Luhknow rebuild there. They haven't won yet, but like Friedman in LA, or even Cashman getting some control in the Bronx. Houston is looking like they'll be competitive for a while.

D'backs acquire JD Martinez from Detroit for IFs Dawel Lugo ( AZ's #4 prospect ), Sergio Alcantara, and Jose King.
Last edited by killeverything on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Yankees get Todd Frazier and David Robertson from White Sox
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Holy shit. LAD's 1-0 win over the White Sox os their 10th straight and 30th in 34 games, the first team with a 30-4 run since the 1977 Royals.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Trade ends up being Frazier, Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin, Tito Polo and Tyler Clippard
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAPoet wrote:Trade ends up being Frazier, Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin, Tito Polo and Tyler Clippard
as a Yankees fan, I like this trade a lot. more reliable arms in the pen and the price to pay was a prospect. the #30 ranked prospect. good risk
to take. Robertson already had success in NY and Kahnle was drafted by the Yankees and is having a breakout season.
Frazier can play 1st or 3rd. I have to think he's playing everyday and splitting his time between those 2 defensive positions.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

Chris Carter to sign minor league contract with Oakland. Both Smoak and Morrison ( smallish sample sizes and all that ) are looking like they can consistently hit for power. I thought Carter looked that way to me earlier and I thought he would destroy nu-MFY Stadium. We'll see.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I don't know a single Giants fan who wants any part of Sandoval. Maybe if he hadn't been such a douche on his way out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

Chris Carter to sign minor league contract with Oakland. Both Smoak and Morrison ( smallish sample sizes and all that ) are looking like they can consistently hit for power. I thought Carter looked that way to me earlier and I thought he would destroy nu-MFY Stadium. We'll see.
I saw almost all of Carter's at bats this year and the guy appears overmatched. Sure, if he runs into a ball it could go over the fence, but those are few
and far between. The guy is Rob Deer all over again=NOT GOOD!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

I saw almost all of Carter's at bats this year and the guy appears overmatched. Sure, if he runs into a ball it could go over the fence, but those are few
Or Willie Mo Pena. If he gets it, look out.

Maybe they should pitch to him underhand.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

ETA

Or Willie Mo Pena. If he gets it, look out.

Maybe they should pitch to him underhand.
The guy was so bad, the Yankees released him twice this year. I give him credit for not quitting and wanting to still play, but his swing
is like swiss cheese. Holes everywhere. Maybe he should make an adjustments or two.