Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

LAD DFA Sergio Romo.

Mariners acquire LHP Marco Gonzalez from Cardinals for OF Tyler O' Neil.

Mariners acquire David Phelps from MIA for 4 prospects.

The Cubs have been asking about Yu Darvish.

ETA

It turns out both the Cubs and Dodgers are considered serious suitors to land Darvish.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Romo landed in Tampa Bay
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF trades Nunez to Boston for two pitching prospects.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

anybody see the triple play last night in the Yankees vs Reds game? Frazier, against his old team, gets jammed with the bases loaded
and Didi makes a base running mistake, for the perfect storm. Odd thing is a run scored on the play as well.
Frazier doesn't look good so far. Either he is trying much too hard(he had 500 fans watching his Yankees debut last night) or
his swing is just awful. Not sure how well he's going to play if he continues to hit into triple plays.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:anybody see the triple play last night in the Yankees vs Reds game? Frazier, against his old team, gets jammed with the bases loaded
and Didi makes a base running mistake, for the perfect storm. Odd thing is a run scored on the play as well.
Frazier doesn't look good so far. Either he is trying much too hard(he had 500 fans watching his Yankees debut last night) or
his swing is just awful. Not sure how well he's going to play if he continues to hit into triple plays.
He'll be fine. No one in mlb hit into more double plays than Jeter, and that turned out okay.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

La Duca goes from Mets to Rays for RHP Drew Smith.

Kershaw hits DL with back issues.

LAD confident that will acquire one of Verlander, Darvish, or Sonny Gray.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided
his fragile little ego wouldn't be able to take the home crowd ripping him to shreds after he started a war with Eck.
Price check on dripping vaginas.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided
his fragile little ego wouldn't be able to take the home crowd ripping him to shreds after he started a war with Eck.
That story is hard to believe. Eck is paid by NESN to comment on the game and that can sometimes mean
he will be critical of a Sox player.
Price should have been disciplined by the team while on that plane ride with Eck.
Price has always been soft. He's never been a true #1, unless you play in Tampa, which is a glorified
AAAA baseball team.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided
That story is hard to believe. Eck is paid by NESN to comment on the game and that can sometimes mean
Price should have been disciplined by the team while on that plane ride with Eck.
Price has always been soft. He's never been a true #1, unless you play in Tampa, which is a glorified
AAAA baseball team.
Its really hard to root for the Sox right now. Seems the one guy people wanted to count on as a level head in the locker room, Pedroia, was acting like a giant gash like the rest of the players. I predict this team tanks it the rest of the year. Price has always been a big baby, but at least he was good in Tampa. Just chalk that trade up to another brilliant timing move by the Rays. That AAAA might just end up winning the East.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Funnelhead wrote:
Machado wrote:
AAAA baseball team.
Its really hard to root for the Sox right now. Seems the one guy people wanted to count on as a level head in the locker room, Pedroia, was acting like a giant gash like the rest of the players. I predict this team tanks it the rest of the year. Price has always been a big baby, but at least he was good in Tampa. Just chalk that trade up to another brilliant timing move by the Rays. That AAAA might just end up winning the East.
I am enjoying watching Pedie meltdown and get old. He's not the dangerous hitter he was once. The skills have begun to fade and it is a lot of fun to watch. The guy does not carry enough weight
in the locker room these days because his bat is much slower.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Funnelhead wrote:
Machado wrote:
AAAA baseball team.
I am enjoying watching Pedie meltdown and get old. He's not the dangerous hitter he was once. The skills have begun to fade and it is a lot of fun to watch. The guy does not carry enough weight
Are you fucking high?

Okay, throughout Pedroia's career he's finally having an off year ( off meaning, for him ).

As for Price. He's been pretty fucking good. He doesn't mesh in Boston, but there isn't a pitching staff in baseball that doesn't wish he was their #2.

You say some stupid shit, but this takes the cake :lol: I'm not personally a fan, but you are our of your fucking mind.

Name me another team that doesn't wish David Price was their #2.

Captain Herpes is the best player that ever lived!!

Hur dur dur
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Adiran Beltre is 4 hits from 3,000!
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

I am always high.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Adrian Beltre becomes first Domincan born player to reach 3k hits and only the 3rd 3B to do it ( Wade Boggs and George Bret are the other 2 ).

Royals acquire Melky Cabrera from CHW for RHP AJ Puchett and LHP Andre Davis.

MFY acquire LHP Jaime Garcia and cash from Twins for Zach Litrell.

*edit

Rockies acquire Jonathan Lucroy from TX forna PTBNL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
Funnelhead wrote:
Are you fucking high?

Okay, throughout Pedroia's career he's finally having an off year ( off meaning, for him ).

As for Price. He's been pretty fucking good. He doesn't mesh in Boston, but there isn't a pitching staff in baseball that doesn't wish he was their #2.

You say some stupid shit, but this takes the cake :lol: I'm not personally a fan, but you are our of your fucking mind.

Hur dur dur
who is captain herpes?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
Are you fucking high?

Hur dur dur
who is captain herpes?
Jeter. He's got the herp. That came out a long while ago.

Red Sox trade 3 prospects to Mets for Addison Russell.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Are you fucking high?

Hur dur dur
who is captain herpes?
Jeter. He's got the herp. That came out a long while ago.

Red Sox trade 3 prospects to Mets for Addison Russell.
Kill
What is wrong with you? We are talking about alleged off the field behavior. Who cares? Don't you care
more about what happens between the white lines? I should think so.
I'm losing mad respect from you of late.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Yankees' pursuit of Oakland Athletics starter Sonny Gray spilled into the final hours before the trade deadline, but a swap has been agreed to that will send the right-hander to New York, a source confirmed to ESPN's Andrew Marchand.

The Athletics are getting back Jorge Mateo, Dustin Fowler and James Kaprielian, according to multiple reports.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
Machado wrote:The Yankees' pursuit of Oakland Athletics starter Sonny Gray spilled into the final hours before the trade deadline, but a swap has been agreed to that will send the right-hander to New York, a source confirmed to ESPN's Andrew Marchand.

The Athletics are getting back Jorge Mateo, Dustin Fowler and James Kaprielian, according to multiple reports.
Great job Beane, give up Gray for a guy who just had Tommy John surgery, another guy who just had surgery on his ruptured a patellar tendon in his right knee and a guy with behavior issues!
Mateo could move to CF but knowing how the A's operate, the kid won't finish his career in Oakland. Mateo at SS was blocked by two players
to the Yankees really had to make a move with him.
As for the two injured players, well they could maybe make a comeback. Fowler could turn into a nice 4th OF in Oakland. He might lose
some speed because of the injury but maybe not.
The hurler from UCLA, coming off TJ surgery, well the A's won't know his full value until the 2nd season post surgery. Just look at
Nova on Pitt. The guy had TJ surgery and now he's pitching like an ace. A couple years removed from TJ.

Very good pick up by Yankees. Plus, they have player control for two additional seasons at a great dollar price.
Hoping Gray can stay healthy and make his turn every 5th day.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Dodgers acquire Yu Darvish from TX for INF Willie Calhoun, RHP Alex Avery, and INF Brendan Davis.

The biggest trades were Gray and Darvish. I'll post more of the trades later.

It's got me thinking though. I still don't think the MFY have the pitching to get them deep in October ( but good lord are they close ) and as much as I would hate to see my two most hated teams play eachother in the WS. It would be kind of cool, in a way.

Both the MFY and LA ( Brooklyn ) have faced off the most times against eachother ( 11 ).* So there's history there, way deeper than just my hate.

*I'm recalling from memory so apologies if I'm mistaken.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Dodgers acquire Yu Darvish from TX for INF Willie Calhoun, RHP Alex Avery, and INF Brendan Davis.

It's got me thinking though. I still don't think the MFY have the pitching to get them deep in October ( but good lord are they close ) and as much as I would hate to see my two most hated teams play eachother in the WS. It would be kind of cool, in a way.

Both the MFY and LA ( Brooklyn ) have faced off the most times against eachother ( 11 ).* So there's history there, way deeper than just my hate.

TBH, I'm not sure how close the Yankees are this year.
Frazier at 3b has done a lot of nothing so far. While Headley at first remains hot at the plate and is playing decent defense.
The outfield situation has Ellsbury as the 4th OF, with 2 rookies at the corner and Gardner in CF. Hicks is due to return soon and
he was putting up career high numbers before his injury. Where does that leave him and who loses at bats for Hicks?
The pen is strong. The other day Betances came in the game in the 6th. That shows the depth they have.
Severino
Gray
Tanaka
C.C.
the new lefty Garcia is a pretty good starting 5 for the rest of the season.

The offense worries me greatly. Judge has cool off and is sort of looking like the rookie he was last year.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Dodgers acquire Yu Darvish from TX for INF Willie Calhoun, RHP Alex Avery, and INF Brendan Davis.

Frazier at 3b has done a lot of nothing so far. While Headley at first remains hot at the plate and is playing decent defense.
The outfield situation has Ellsbury as the 4th OF, with 2 rookies at the corner and Gardner in CF. Hicks is due to return soon and
he was putting up career high numbers before his injury. Where does that leave him and who loses at bats for Hicks?
The pen is strong. The other day Betances came in the game in the 6th. That shows the depth they have.
Severino
Gray
Tanaka
C.C.

The offense worries me greatly. Judge has cool off and is sort of looking like the rookie he was last year.
They're close though. I can't think of another team at the moment that has such a massive influx of top young prospects coming in aside from Houston.

No one not named Trout or Griffey Jr. was going to keep up that level of production. I still think their starting pitching is their biggest weakness.

Tanaka and Sabbathia are hit or miss. They look like Pedro Martinez at times or Jeff Weaver others.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but the 1-2 punch of Sale and Price makes the Yankees a #2 in the AL East. Tampa has been making some noise, but I think it's the pitching or lack consistently there of that will be NY's undoing.

The moron brothers finally gave Cashman the reins and I believe they will end up regretting not doing it sooner.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

Severino
Gray
Tanaka
C.C.

They're close though. I can't think of another team at the moment that has such a massive influx of top young prospects coming in aside from Houston.

No one not named Trout or Griffey Jr. was going to keep up that level of production. I still think their starting pitching is their biggest weakness.

Tanaka and Sabbathia are hit or miss. They look like Pedro Martinez at times or Jeff Weaver others.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but the 1-2 punch of Sale and Price makes the Yankees a #2 in the AL East. Tampa has been making some noise, but I think it's the pitching or lack consistently there of that will be NY's undoing.

The moron brothers finally gave Cashman the reins and I believe they will end up regretting not doing it sooner.
Kill, you are softening with your old age. I recall there was a time when you wanted to run Cashman out of town
or give him the title as the worst GM in MLB. Do you remember that? I sure do. You went on and on about how
he was making the wrong moves, blah blah blah. Now you are here singing his praises. Regardless, you will never
be a part of Yankee Universe. So stop with the ass kissing!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
Severino
Gray
Tanaka
C.C.

Kill, you are softening with your old age. I recall there was a time when you wanted to run Cashman out of town
or give him the title as the worst GM in MLB. Do you remember that? I sure do. You went on and on about how
he was making the wrong moves, blah blah blah. Now you are here singing his praises. Regardless, you will never
be a part of Yankee Universe. So stop with the ass kissing!!!
What universe is that? The one where you have no roots in NY what so ever, you just really want to fit in with the popular team universe? That one?

Speaking of which when you lived in Dallas did you enjoy the Texas heat? Retard.

Cashman is a lot like Epstein. Let me see you do it without a billionaire banking rolling your mistakes. It's funny how you are harp on Beane.

If that dude makes a mistake, they're fucked for the next 5 years. If Cashman makes a mistake he wears #22, and they'll probably retire his # too.

Run Forrest!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

aw poor Kill, his Sux are in the rearview and his SF Giants aren't very good anymore. you are lost. a man without a baseball team.
what to do?
what to do?

Beane is a loser. he's never won a title and i don't care that he does not have the bankroll. those are the breaks.
not everybody can be in a major market. so he continues to run a low level team that sometimes
has great players, only to trade them away for spare pinball parts. :lol: :lol:

cashman wears #22? that's great. the team can retire another number. this time for the very, very exceptional GM since what year was it,
96?

your argument about me being a Yankees fan falls on deaf ears. i was still a fan when the team stunk. wish i lived in NYC so i could see
the team when they were losing and winning, but flying to NY over a dozen times to see the Yankees in the Bronx sure must
count for something, right?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yeah, no one believes you, Forrest.

LAD has won 40 of their last 46 games.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Yeah, no one believes you, Forrest.

are the Dodgers going to be the 2001 version of the Mariners? that's something to consider.

anyway, talking to a Giants fan last night and he was telling he how the Giants needs to trade
Mad Bum and Crawford. i think the dude was nuts because these Giants fans keep forgetting
they won 3 WS recently. enjoy that you sad sacks!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Yeah, no one believes you, Forrest.

are the Dodgers going to be the 2001 version of the Mariners? that's something to consider.

anyway, talking to a Giants fan last night and he was telling he how the Giants needs to trade
Mad Bum and Crawford. i think the dude was nuts because these Giants fans keep forgetting
they won 3 WS recently. enjoy that you sad sacks!
They might be, I don't see how they can continue at the level they're playing at. They do have more playoff experience than the '01 M's though.

2 WS rings recently. Crawford wasn't the SS in 2010, WS MVP Edgar Renteria was. Something needs to happen in SF aside from just letting Bobby Evans go.

Jon Lester reaches 2,000 strikeouts, hits first mlb homer.

Dallas Keuchel unhappy with AL win leader Houston Astros not adding an starting pitcher at the deadline. "To say we're disappointed is an understatement." Houston and Texas' front offices don't like each other, so Darvish was out, but I'm surprised too.

Adding another starting pitcher was the one thing keeping Houston from looking like the team to beat.

*edit

Phillies cancel Pete Rose's Wall Of Fame ceremony in lieu of statatory rape allegations.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

:cry:
Things have gone from bad to worse for Pete. Hoping against hope the allegations are not true.

The Phillies are having their annual “Alumni Weekend” August 10-13. The focus of this year’s festivities was going to be Pete Rose — one of the heroes of the 1980 World Series championship team — who would be inducted to the Phillies’ Wall of Fame. The club was also going to hand out Pete Rose bobbleheads.

Not anymore. The Phillies just issued a press release saying that “due to recent events,” Rose and the Phillies have mutually agreed that Rose will not participate in Alumni Weekend and the bobblehead will not be given out. Rose said in the statement that he is “concerned that other matters will overshadow the goodwill associated with Alumni Weekend, and I agree not to participate.”

Those “other matters” and “recent events,” of course, refer to the revelation earlier this week that Rose was engaged in a sexual relationship with a teenage girl back in the 1970s. She claims, under oath, that she was 14 at the time the relationship began, which, then and now, constitutes statutory rape in Ohio. Rose claims that he believed she was 16 at the time which, in addition to not mattering legally — the perpetrator’s belief as to a minor’s age is irrelevant under Ohio law — is not all that much better when you realize that he was in his 30s at the time, married with two children.
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

That catch by Austin Jackson last night was something to behold. Of course, then the Sox broadcasting crew wasn't sure it was a catch or not, because admittedly, they don't know the rules?
How the fuck do you get that job and don't know about leaving your feet in play to grab a ball that is out of play? Bring back Eck...

Also, Longoria was deadset to go for second at his last at bat for the cycle. "He could have caught it and I wouldn't have known." :)