Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by LAPoet »

He's a lock for the Golden Corral Hall Of Fame
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

LAPoet wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
LAPoet wrote:Braves trade Brandon Phillips to the Angels
Probably too late for us to make the playoffs, though...
Angels only 1.5 games back of the 2nd wild card spot and 2.5 of the first
I meant the Braves. The Angels should have no problem making the playoffs...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

So, was Machado mad when Grey threw over to first when Holt was on?
I mean he got beaned in the foot the previous game and was no threat to run and it probably hurt him to scramble back to first, after all.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Red Sox get caught (and admitted to) stealing signals with an Apple watch.
Funny thing is, Farrell is too stupid to know what to do with the info since the team batting since the ASB has sucked.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:Red Sox get caught (and admitted to) stealing signals with an Apple watch.
Funny thing is, Farrell is too stupid to know what to do with the info since the team batting since the ASB has sucked.
I just read this. There have been complaints about Farrell for a while now. This might end up being his undoing if they don't win the WS ( my bets still on a healthy Cleveland ).

Cue up the Spygate comments that are sure to come :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Facedown wrote:Red Sox get caught (and admitted to) stealing signals with an Apple watch.
I just read this. There have been complaints about Farrell for a while now. This might end up being his undoing if they don't win the WS ( my bets still on a healthy Cleveland ).

Kill,
Apple watches? C'mon now, why are the Red Sux cheating again? Why does Farrell lie to the media about his knowledge of the situation?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Kill,
Apple watches? C'mon now, why are the Red Sux cheating again? Why does Farrell lie to the media about his knowledge of the situation?
If it happened, then yes. The MFY ( Girardi ) pulled the same shit on Baltimore not too long ago.

Now, if this went down like accused then throw the fucking book at them. Stealing signs is part of the game...on the field. Not using outside sources and especially technology which ( I believe ) is banned in the dugout.

*ETA

The Cleveland Indians win 14th straight with 5-1 win over White Sox. Joining the 1912-13 NY Giants, and 1935-35 Chicago Cubs the only teams with back to back 14+ win streaks.

*ETA II

Cleveland has won 13 straight. What the hell is goin' on? I'll bet Utah is pissed. Wherever he is.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gene Micheal ( the one that actually built the 90's MFY dynasty ) dead @ 79.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote::lol:
BOSTON RED SOX Doug Fister's Mouthguard Mistaken as Audio Device by Yankees in MLB Complaint....

The New York Yankees filed an official complaint with Major League Baseball after mistaking a mouthguard around Boston Red Sox pitcher Doug Fister's ear for an audio device. Per Evan Drellich of Comcast SportsNet, the complaint came after Fister held the Yankees to four hits and one run over seven innings in Boston's 4-1 win on Sept. 1.

Drellich noted the YES Network broadcast showed Fister "walking around in the Sox dugout in the top of the eighth inning, once his outing was over, with the mouthpiece lodged around his ear." This news comes one day after Michael S. Schmidt of the New York Times reported the Red Sox were using electronic devices "to illicitly steal hand signals from opponents' catchers in games against the second-place Yankees and other teams" after the Yankees filed an official complaint to MLB.

The report notes the Red Sox also filed a complaint to MLB alleging the Yankees use a camera from the YES Network broadcast of games to steal signs. MLB commissioner Rob Manfred has not yet said how and if he will discipline the Red Sox for their use of electronic devices to steal signals. The Red Sox enter play Wednesday leading the Yankees by 3.5 games atop the American League East.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2731 ... -complaint
:lol:

That's why I'm not yet jumping to conclusions about the Apple watch allegations. They said the same thing about Baltimore.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
BOSTON RED SOX Doug Fister's Mouthguard Mistaken as Audio Device by Yankees in MLB Complaint....

The New York Yankees filed an official complaint with Major League Baseball after mistaking a mouthguard around Boston Red Sox pitcher Doug Fister's ear for an audio device. Per Evan Drellich of Comcast SportsNet, the complaint came after Fister held the Yankees to four hits and one run over seven innings in Boston's 4-1 win on Sept. 1.

Drellich noted the YES Network broadcast showed Fister "walking around in the Sox dugout in the top of the eighth inning, once his outing was over, with the mouthpiece lodged around his ear." This news comes one day after Michael S. Schmidt of the New York Times reported the Red Sox were using electronic devices "to illicitly steal hand signals from opponents' catchers in games against the second-place Yankees and other teams" after the Yankees filed an official complaint to MLB.

The report notes the Red Sox also filed a complaint to MLB alleging the Yankees use a camera from the YES Network broadcast of games to steal signs. MLB commissioner Rob Manfred has not yet said how and if he will discipline the Red Sox for their use of electronic devices to steal signals. The Red Sox enter play Wednesday leading the Yankees by 3.5 games atop the American League East.

That's why I'm not yet jumping to conclusions about the Apple watch allegations. They said the same thing about Baltimore.
TBH, I prefer when these 2 teams hate one another. i also prefer the bean balls but I guess the stealing signs will suffice for now
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

TBH, I prefer when these 2 teams hate one another. i also prefer the bean balls but I guess the stealing signs will suffice for now
That could be a good thing. Let it simmer.

"Caught you lookin!'
"No, you didn't, motherfucker!"

FIGHT!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yu Darvish is fastest to 1,000 K in mlb history ( 128 games ), surpassing Kerry Wood ( 134 games ).
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Indians on 17 game win streak.

Gincarlo Stanton at 54 homeruns.

Jose Abreu hits for the cycle against SF.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Cleveland Indians have tied the '02 Moneyball A's 20 game win streak.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

...and have now surpassed it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:...and have now surpassed it.
I'm pulling for them. No Cubs hatred or anything, but I think they were the better team last season. Injuries are part of the game, but I would like to see what they could do when healthy in the Series.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Aaron Judge surpassed McGwire's rookie HR record ( 49 ). His HRs and strikeouts are still on fire.

Twins clinch 2nd WC spot with win over White Sox. Become first team to make postseason after losing 100 games the season before.

Cubs win Division for second straight year.

Matt Cain announces retirement at end of season.

Jose Altuve gets #200.

MLB approves Jeter-Buschman( ? ) Marlins ownership group.

Stanton could still catch Maris 61 record.

D'backs clinch WC spot.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Stanton currently sits at 59HRs.

Aaron Judge is still on a tear. Both with HRs and strikeouts which leads me to a question. I know chicks dig the longball, but what is more valueable to you? Only hitting HRs or striking out in every AB, or being singles/doubles small hitter? I'm not trying to trash on Judge, he's very Jeter-esque in his humbleness, so even being an MFY he's pretty likeable.

Miguel Sano reinstated from the DL.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I had no idea that this was the first time the Red Sox won back to back A.L. East titles.
I mean, it should have made sense since they have only won it 9 times now but still....
FARRELL IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:I had no idea that this was the first time the Red Sox won back to back A.L. East titles.
I mean, it should have made sense since they have only won it 9 times now but still....
FARRELL IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had them winning the division when the season started, I think Farrell could be on is on his way out though. There's a lot of vitriol directed at him. Anything short of a WS win or another bullpen mismanage I think will be his undoing. These are just my opinions and I haven't heard he was technically on the hot seat.

Boston is set to play Houston in the ALDS. That should be a good series. I give Houston the edge in that one though. So far their 2017 record is 3-3 with their final game today.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

To the surprise of no one the MFY ( featuring a 3 run Judge HR ) beat the Sano-less Twins.

The MFY moves on to face Cleveland in the DS.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Diamondbacks hit 3 triples ( most in a postseason game since '03....1903 ) to beat the Rockies 11-8 and advance to face LAD.

I had Colorado in that one and after they chassd Greinke, I was almost positive. :?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cleveland beats the MFY 4-0.
Houston pounds Boston ( IMO, the AL MVP Jose Altuve had 3 HRs) and Chris Sale 8-2.

Kluber hasn't even pitched yet. I could barely see these series being 3-1.

For tomorrow's AZ@LAD, it's Walker against Kershaw. You have the best pitcher of his generation going against Taijuan Walker and the Dbacks have a good chance :lol:
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Go Dodgers!!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Dodgers come out swinging against AZ 9-5. I really wanted to see this game today.

Cleveland wins on walkoff in 13th 9-8 for a 2-0 lead.

Houston pummels Boston 8-2 for a 2-0 lead. I have a friend in Houston that was at the game. Behind Sale, Boston like the MFY just don't have the pitching.

Cubs beat Washington 3-0 in game 1.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Dodgers offense looked amazing. Kershaw and the HRs though....
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

NeverSurrender wrote:Dodgers offense looked amazing. Kershaw and the HRs though....
Yeah, I didn't get to see it unfortunately. I think this series could go all 5, and it's not just my Dodgers hate saying that. AZ has played them well all year.

These Playoffs are cool though because there are 3 super teams LA, CLE, and HOU with no absolute favorite ( my moneys still on the Indians though ).

I haven't looked to heavily into the Chicago/Washington series, but I have such a deep seated hatred for Dusty Baker that I hope they're swept out. An LA/AZ vs. Cubs would be an awesome NLCS.

*ETA
I think the Sox get swept, but even though there is practically no way they would matchup. I really wanted to see Verlander and Porcello go at it.

Porcello ( less than 300 Ks ) beating out Verlander for the Cy Young was fucking ridiculous. A #3, or #2 on a good day beating a potential HOFer and former MVP? Get the fuck out of here.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

You gotta love that the Sox season depends on Doug Fister. :lol:
At least the Yankees might get swept, too.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:You gotta love that the Sox season depends on Doug Fister. :lol:
At least the Yankees might get swept, too.
I'm surprised Sale got pounded so hard. Price getting hurt fucked them, because on paper Sale/Price sounds like a Kershaw/Greinke rotation...again, on paper.

They have a Cy winner in Porcello!
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I've seen no evidence the Dodgers - Dbacks series should go five games. The Dbacks better find a cure for the Dodgers offense.