Grendel gets banned for basically nothing and...

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Grendel gets banned for basically nothing and...

Post by exitflagger »

... now we have this new intensely stupid yet-can't-STFU version of michelish shitting up the board with nonsense and consistently emptyheaded crap. Apparently the "new topic" button is like a buffet in front of an obese person in his/her case.

Awesome trade-off huh? :|

This town needs an enema.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Re: Grendel gets banned for basically nothing and...

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I have not liked michelish for awhile.
Last edited by ozzyrulz777 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

michelish is definitely gaming for that newly available “Cunty Dipshit” title.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

He's getting the notoriety he's looking for.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

poisonheart wrote:michelish is definitely gaming for that newly available “Cunty Dipshit” title.
I actually mentioned to her a week or so ago that she reminded me of the original Cunty Dipshit, Wolfgang. Interestingly, they are both from Ontario.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

Also didn't know Grendel was banned. He's one of my favourites. What did he do? Was it the comment on Glammer's thread where he said he didn't care and then followed it up with saying the name that shall not be said?
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Olds_71_442 wrote:Also didn't know Grendel was banned. He's one of my favourites. What did he do? Was it the comment on Glammer's thread where he said he didn't care and then followed it up with saying the name that shall not be said?
Yep, he called $tevil's new policy stupid, gave him the proverbial middle finger, and proceeded to say the name anyway.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

dmbrocker wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:Also didn't know Grendel was banned. He's one of my favourites. What did he do? Was it the comment on Glammer's thread where he said he didn't care and then followed it up with saying the name that shall not be said?
Yep, he called $tevil's new policy stupid, gave him the proverbial middle finger, and proceeded to say the name anyway.
Shit! I saw that and didn't think anything would become of it.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Olds_71_442 wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
Shit! I saw that and didn't think anything would become of it.
Well, he got banned for it, unfortunately. Apparently something serious is going on between $tevil and name who shall not be said, be it legal threats or just a plain ol' feud that's got the CEO hopping mad, and we just have to accept it and move on or risk receiving the banhammer. I'll choose the former, thank you.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Thebottomline
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Thebottomline »

exitflagger wrote:... now we have this new intensely stupid yet-can't-STFU version of michelish shitting up the board with nonsense and consistently emptyheaded crap. Apparently the "new topic" button is like a buffet in front of an obese person in his/her case.

Awesome trade-off huh? :|

This town needs an enema.
:lol:

I always appreciated the way you construct your words. Grendel did ask for the ban hammer although I do get where you are coming from.

I wonder how many people in total got the ban hammer over the topic that got Grendel banned? I know Wolfie did as well but I wonder if there were more. According to hungwell, wolfie is still around under another name.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

Thebottomline wrote: According to hungwell, wolfie is still around under another name.
Guaranteed he is still around. The loser shits on this place but he can't stay away.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

dmbrocker wrote:
Well, he got banned for it, unfortunately. Apparently something serious is going on between $tevil and name who shall not be said, be it legal threats or just a plain ol' feud that's got the CEO hopping mad, and we just have to accept it and move on or risk receiving the banhammer. I'll choose the former, thank you.
Same here. I'm happy to be here. I'll do whatever is asked of me.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever mentioned their name here more than a half dozen times, if that. I think I can go without mentioning them from now on.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

I haven't seen Mojo post for a couple days now. Might have to contact him elsewhere....just in case.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Olds_71_442 wrote:I haven't seen Mojo post for a couple days now. Might have to contact him elsewhere....just in case.
I saw him show up here earlier last night, but only for a few minutes, and he didn't post anything.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nah, I’m around. I just had eye surgery, so I can’t see well and am super light sensitive. Tiny print on bright screens are a double whammy. But Grendel being banned is a major bummer. His boom/movie titles were epic. Sorry to see him go. Wolfgang, not so much.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Hungwell
100 Million Hungwell Fans Can't Be Wrong

Post by Hungwell »

Sorry to see Grendel go. After a break maybe he will come back. Then again, I can't believe any of us are here 18 to 20 fucking years after we first showed up.

Shit, kids under 25 don't even know wtf a message board even is.
All this comes to an end at some point anyway.

Get off my lawn!
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

The whole suicide by mod thing is odd to me. If you care so little about posting somewhere that you really don't care if you get banned, why not just stop posting altogether? Or, if you're so enraged by a rule that you think is stupid that you MUST thwart it, again, why not just stop posting?
Image Image
Hungwell

Post by Hungwell »

Mojo wrote:The whole suicide by mod thing is odd to me. If you care so little about posting somewhere that you really don't care if you get banned, why not just stop posting altogether? Or, if you're so enraged by a rule that you think is stupid that you MUST thwart it, again, why not just stop posting?
That's a great question.

I've always leaned towards the belief that they don't believe they could stop responding under that nym were it available to them so killing it off is the only way to vacate. At least for the mental pussyfarts like wolfgang and D-13.

It also allows for them to continue under a seldom used alt where they don't have to endure a tard avatar or a title like 'Cunty Dipshit'.

But yeah, e-immolation has always been a strange thing to me as well.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Olds_71_442 wrote:Also didn't know Grendel was banned. He's one of my favourites.
Same here. Very clever guy. I understand his reaction to censorship, but I wish he would have hung around. The situation turned out to be pretty funny.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Chip didn’t get the hammer, did he?
Image Image
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

Mojo wrote:Chip didn’t get the hammer, did he?
I don't think so. He posted in that thread by Tym on Friday.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

Turner Coates wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:Also didn't know Grendel was banned. He's one of my favourites.
Same here. Very clever guy. I understand his reaction to censorship, but I wish he would have hung around. The situation turned out to be pretty funny.
He was. He had a lot of funny ideas and many times I'd make a photoshop or video for him to go with his comments.

And now it looks like Jodi might be gone. :(
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Olds_71_442 wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
He was. He had a lot of funny ideas and many times I'd make a photoshop or video for him to go with his comments.

And now it looks like Jodi might be gone. :(
Yeah, she is unfortunately. From what I can gather, $tevil came to his new ruling out of legit fear after some serious threats from they who shall not be named (possibly involving legal action, which Son Of Sam I Am pointed out the possible grounds for in the thread) were made, so if this is the case then I can sadly understand why he's doing this. Either way, I'll just go along and agree and keep any further discussion of this to a minimum while hoping no one else gets banned because of this.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

One of the all-time best.

Grendel, I mean.

Not michelish. God no.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

What did Jodi do?
I must’ve missed that one.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Gazpacho wrote:What did Jodi do?
I must’ve missed that one.
Broke the new rule and called it stupid.
Hungwell

Post by Hungwell »

There is getting banned and there is pulling the trigger on yourself.

This was a Tienemen Sludge deal that made about as much sense as laying down in front of a Pyongyang Military parade.

I also can't even fathom how anyone even cared about not being able to talk about an act that few give any shits about to begin with. And the person who has given us this place to bullshit at for free for 20 years was more polite about it than many of us would have been.

Of all things to get e-pissed off about, that would seem to be very low on Sludges 'Who gives a shit' totem pole.

My 2 cents.
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Olds_71_442 »

Agreed. I've mentioned "the band" less than a half dozen times in my 6 years here (and I probably shouldn't admit this but I liked them back in the day). I can go another 20 without mentioning them.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

What a stupid fucking thing to get banned over. Of all the weak shit to make a stand over. This? Wonders never cease.
Last edited by Mojo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Olds_71_442 wrote:Agreed. I've mentioned "the band" less than a half dozen times in my 6 years here (and I probably shouldn't admit this but I liked them back in the day). I can go another 20 without mentioning them.
Same here. I like their debut album and the first single's music video for the cheesy guilty fun that that they are, but that's about it. I can go along with the new rule easily.