Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Artemis2085 »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Cyrus(2010) John C. Reilly, Marisa Tomei, Jonah Hill, Catherine Keener. Good movie 8.5/10

Tim And Faith Soul2Soul (2017) Not familiar at all with Tim McGraw's music and i only know 2 Faith Hill songs but i really enjoyed this documentary/concert 8/10
Cyrus sounds interesting based on the cast alone.

I saw the Soul 2 Soul documentary and it was very well done for what it's supposed to be: a vehicle to promote their new album and next round of touring in 2018. It's great to see Faith back out there. Could've done without that kayfabe fall through the stage though.

"Ingrid Goes West" - Yes I did the larger font that I never do, bc this film is that fucking good. It is a striking look at just how run on social media the modern world is & the dangers of such, along with mental health issues. Aubrey Plaza goes above and beyond, showing dramatic range many don't know she has. She made her mark with deadpan comedy & some of that is here, but she shows vulnerability & down right cringe worthy things her title character does. I cannot say enough about the film, the story, and the supporting cast (Oshea Jackson is a big surprise). By far the best drama I've seen since Gran Torino or that I've seen in years. 1,000/10. See it now.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Blumpkin King wrote:Bad Moms 2 - 3/10 awful except for one thing that made me chuckle. Not even hot Mila Kunis could save this thing.
Daddy's Home 2 - 5/10 - Couple of laughs
Roman J. Isreal, Esq - 4/10 - A borefest. I was the only one in the theater. Everyone was smarter than I was by wasting my time.
Last Flag Flying - 4/10 - Another borefest.

Sad day when Daddy's Home 2 is the best one out of the last few I've seen.
Good lord, was this some kind of punishment to yourself!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

pieceofme wrote:
Blumpkin King wrote:Bad Moms 2 - 3/10 awful except for one thing that made me chuckle. Not even hot Mila Kunis could save this thing.
Daddy's Home 2 - 5/10 - Couple of laughs
Roman J. Isreal, Esq - 4/10 - A borefest. I was the only one in the theater. Everyone was smarter than I was by wasting my time.
Last Flag Flying - 4/10 - Another borefest.

Sad day when Daddy's Home 2 is the best one out of the last few I've seen.
Good lord, was this some kind of punishment to yourself!
I have a broken ankle and getting out to the theater is the only going out I do all day. Thanks god for moviepass. Today I went to see My Friend Dahmer. 6.5/10. A little slow and scenes seemed repetitive, but it was okay. Lead actor was pretty good.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Man Down(2015) Shia LaBoeuf, Kate Mara, Gary Oldman Not bad but way too many flashback, timeline was hard to follow 6/10

Waitress(2007) Keri Russell, Cheryl Hynes, Nathan Fillion, Andy Griffith wanted to love it but just couldnt get into it 5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Man Down(2015) Shia LaBoeuf, Kate Mara, Gary Oldman Not bad but way too many flashback, timeline was hard to follow 6/10

Waitress(2007) Keri Russell, Cheryl Hynes, Nathan Fillion, Andy Griffith wanted to love it but just couldnt get into it 5/10
This was my favorite thing about Man Down - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... -uk-991712

Kong Skull Island - 6.5/10 . I expected it to be a lot worse. Pretty bad direction, but decent effects. Mindless entertainment while spending more mindless time on Sludge.
theglammerthebetter

Sleepless(2017) Jmaie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan, Gabrielle Union, Dermot Mulroney, T.I. Im currently suffering from Vegas fever and this movie didnt help it at all 7/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - 8/10:
There's so many ways a vampire parody could be absolutely terrible, but this is original enough and lives off the characters without forcing some typical movie plot into what's basically just sketch comedy. I've loved Jemaine Clement since Flight of the Conchords and he's great in this too.

Nymphomaniac (2013) - 7/10:
Hardly as genius as Lars von Trier probably thinks it is, and yeah, it's super construed and pretentious, but I enjoyed it. Could have worked the same without any explicit scenes, actually, but who cares. What's "shocking" is rather the emotional abuse and generally how fucked up everybody is. Didn't even find it too long. Charlotte Gainsbourg is amazing as always, and not even Shia leBoeuf could ruin his scenes.

Cloclo / My Way - 6/10:
Biopic about Claude Francois, writer of Sinatra's "My Way" and a big star in France. Maybe not really a good movie, but enjoyable for fans. I wish there had been more on his Egyptian heritage and a little less rockstar domestic trouble clichés. The main actor is a dead ringer for the real person and does a great job, but why do they always have to fuck up France Gall so hard? She looks like shit and acts or sounds nothing like France. Why does everybody hate her so much?!? At least Ana Girardot was hot in it.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Voyeur (2017) - 8/10

This documentary sorta gave me the creeps... I've always wondered what kind of person would do that kind of thing.. and there he is!
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Tinglewood - 8/10
An Australian horror short.
Kind of an old fashion monster movie.
theglammerthebetter

All The Right Moves (1983)Tom Cruise Lea Thompson(showing boobs and bush wow) Craig T Nelson. Had never seen this one before not even a few minutes while changing the channel really like it 7.5/10

Wilson(2017) Woody Harrelson, Judy Greer, Laura Dern 7/10
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - 9.5/10 . Brilliant. It is just a fantastic movie. Go see it if you haven't already.

Downsizing - 2/10. I wanted to like it, but it's terrible. It is garbage. So dumb and boring and way too long. They leave spots for laughs that are just not there. Some of the effects are really awful. Every character is generic and the accents are super annoying. Alexander Payne should have to give his Oscars back for making this piece of junk.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

John Wick 2 - 6/10

Why Him? - 6/10
Had a few funnier moments than I expected.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Blumpkin King wrote:3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - 9.5/10 . Brilliant. It is just a fantastic movie.
Agree 100%
Best movie I’ve seen in a long time.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

My Friend Dahmer 10/10 Excellent film about a fledgling maniac and his high school adventures. Aside from the roadkill collection, Dahmer was nothing more than a lonely kid desperately wanting a friend. Amazing performances by the entire cast of mostly unknowns, except for Anne Heche, who plays his unhinged mother to the hilt. And the lead actor should receive many awards for his performance which was phenomenal. Do not miss this movie!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
theglammerthebetter

Bachelorette(2012) Kirsten Dunst, Isla Fisher, Rebel Wilson, Lizzy Caplan, James Marsden Adam Scott, been waiting years to see this one pretty funny movie 8/10

Unstoppable (2010) Denzel Washington Rosario Dawson Chris Pine , movie kept me on the edge of my seat 9/10
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

Arrival with Amy Adams. I was in the dark going into this one and was pleasantly surprised and it still makes me think about it today. 9/10 Not a Jeremy Renner fan, he enjoys using guyliner too much, but he was tolerable. Everything hinges on Adams and she did one hell of a job.

That's the last new movie I've seen since, wow, I can't remember the last time I saw a movie. Ah, I did see The Girl With All The Gifts on Netflix. 8.5/10 The young girl in the movie was very good. A different take on the zombie genre. Low budget British made film. Not as good as 28 Days Later but I don't think it was going for that kind of vibe.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
theglammerthebetter

The Rewrite(2014) Hugh Grant Maria Tomei JK Simmons Bella Heathcote Allison Janney. 8.5/10 Grant is as funny/sarcastic as ever
theglammerthebetter

I was on a roll with good movies but that came to an end

Complete Unknown(2016) Michael Shannon Rachel Weisz Kathy Bates Danny Glover 5/10

Table 19(2017) Anna Kendrick Lisa Kudrow 6/10
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" - 8/10

Really enjoyed this one. Performances are great from everyone and the movie takes a few turns I didn't expect, with a third act that came close to getting out of hand but still worked.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

TenBenny wrote:"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" - 8/10

Really enjoyed this one. Performances are great from everyone and the movie takes a few turns I didn't expect, with a third act that came close to getting out of hand but still worked.
Saw it last week. 10/10. Best movie of 2017.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
TenBenny wrote:"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" - 8/10

Saw it last week. 10/10. Best movie of 2017.
It'll probably be somewhere up near the top of the list for me. I liked it more than "Seven Psychopaths," but not as much as "In Bruges." Interestingly enough, McDonagh's brother John Michael McDonagh is also a really good filmmaker.
theglammerthebetter

Undercover Grandpa(2017) James Caan Louis Gosset Jr Paul Sorvino 6/10

Get Out (2017) Allison Williams (who's got major BBC fever in that one too bad there's no sex scenes) Catherine Keener 6.5/10
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

"The Disaster Artist" - 9/10

A definite winner about a very unlikely American success story. One of the year's best. Be sure to stay through the end of the credits.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Disaster Artist - 7.5/10 I liked it. James Franco was fantastic.

I, Tonya 9/10. I loved it. I loved the storytelling and direction. Really well done.

Detroit 7/10 I think I may have believed the hype too much as I watched it. I like it and thought the acting was awesome, but there were a couple of problems I felt, the most glaring being the bad cop, he looked like he was 12. Hard to buy into him.

Molly's Game - 8/10 + extra credit making Jessica Chastian look super hot.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Mercy Christmas. 9/10. Found this indie Horror/Christmas movie and thought it was great. Really well done. I liked it a lot.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

American Sniper (2014) - 4/10:
Actually not as bad as I imagined, but still terribly one-dimensional. I don't give a shit what the message was supposed to be or whatever Eastwood was going for, politically, this is just not enough for a war movie these days. As a pure entertainment movie, I'd even have given this 6/10 until the vomit-inducing kitschy ending. One of the worst ever.

Wiener-Dog (2016) - 6/10:
Typical awesome Todd Solondz mood, but the episodes don't really connect and there's no climax or anything. Definitely less satisfying than his other movies.

Hidden (2015) - 4/10:
Stereotypical apocalypse horror with a "twist" ending you see coming after five minutes.

The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun (2015) - 6/10:
Stylish modern French Noir mystery. Stacy Martin and Freya Mavor are hot in it.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

The Last Jedi 7,5/10
theglammerthebetter

A Christmas Story Live (2017) Matthew Broderick, Maya Rudolph, Ken Jeong, Ana Gasteyer, Bebe Rexha David Alan Grier. meh 6/10

Manifesto (2015) Cate Blanchett a real turd of a movie 2/10
theglammerthebetter

Tracks(2013) Mia Wasikowska Adam Driver, good movie even if there's not much happening about a girl crossing the Australian desert with her camels 7/10
theglammerthebetter

Lady Macbeth(2016) 7/10

The Great Wall(2016) Matt Damon Willem Dafoe CGI borefest but that Chinese bitch sure was hot 6/10

Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day (2008) Amy Adams (who was just radiant) Frances McDormand 8/10