The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Somehow even the Rumble as the last PPV worth watching is starting to suck. AJ Styles for opener is a joke, but not surprising. At least Wrestlemania will have one good match now. The battle royal match was pretty much over half-way through when the usual "stars" took over. Drifted off during tag matches and Brock stuff.

As much as I love to see the women's division get a good spot, that match was full of garbage. Holly Holly and Lita were kinda cool, although obviously not in shape, Mickie James and Jacqueline Moore should have got a way bigger part instead, and bringing back the likes of Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly or these twins killed any possibility of having a decent match. They're even shittier than most of the new scrawny-ass gymnasts. And as if this shit hadn't gotten old three years ago already, we now get a female version of the forced Kofi Kingston spot too.

Alone Asuka is pretty awesome, which probably doesn't matter because we'll have some celebrity match with Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania instead of wrestling.

I'd still rather watch the remains of TNA.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I'm glad someone else is complaining about the Women's Royal Rumble. It's getting so much love on the Internet but I thought minus a handful of cool moments, it just highlighted how many of them still suck in the ring. And I remember in Women's Battle Royals they used to have to throw them through the 2nd rope and I thought that was silly, but now I think it's necessary. More than half of the women struggled to get over the top rope and there were a few moments I thought someone was going to seriously get hurt because they were having such difficulties.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Battle Royals suck the way it is, more less throw in a bunch of chicks that are terrible workers in the mix. I’m honestly surprised that one of the Divas have not been paralyzed due to a botched spot in a match.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I'm glad someone else is complaining about the Women's Royal Rumble. It's getting so much love on the Internet but I thought minus a handful of cool moments, it just highlighted how many of them still suck in the ring. And I remember in Women's Battle Royals they used to have to throw them through the 2nd rope and I thought that was silly, but now I think it's necessary. More than half of the women struggled to get over the top rope and there were a few moments I thought someone was going to seriously get hurt because they were having such difficulties.
yeah, they looked bad. the was definatly timing issues with all of the old broads. except trish. she didn't miss a step. still hot as fuck too. same with torrie. aging really well
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Just about every time I see Sasha Banks she makes me squirm in my seat thinking I’ve just seen a real bad accident last night was no different. She’s going to fuck herself up real bad one of these days. She’s going to be worse off than Paige.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Rainbow Brite girl has a past something called Gravure videos
Legit Whore
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Just about every time I see Sasha Banks she makes me squirm in my seat thinking I’ve just seen a real bad accident last night was no different. She’s going to fuck herself up real bad one of these days. She’s going to be worse off than Paige.
Some of the girls can truly work, girls like Sasha and that fucking hack, Alicia Fox, cannot work without botching half their spots.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I think my number one gripe at the moment is the push the non wrestler the tattooed Ken doll they have on commentary.

It was great to see Coach back but I would of loved to see them get rid of him instead of Booker T.

Listening to those two during the PPV I kept hoping Booker would whoop his ass like he did Batista backstage.

The only time I could tolerate him was when he would talk about Enzo.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:I think my number one gripe at the moment is the push the non wrestler the tattooed Ken doll they have on commentary.

It was great to see Coach back but I would of loved to see them get rid of him instead of Booker T.

Listening to those two during the PPV I kept hoping Booker would whoop his ass like he did Batista backstage.

Graves and Saxton arguing back and forth KILLED so many episodes of Raw and SmackDown. Graves is approaching JBL level of annoyance.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

JBL used to drive me nuts parroting the same old sayings over and over that you know Vince was feeding him. I got so sick of hearing Kevin Owens and prizefighting.

Graves is even worse it’s gotten irrational even on my part when they just show the announce team I zero in on him and start thinking fuck this motherfucker, blah blah blah, etc. :lol:
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

eddie lee roth wrote:JBL used to drive me nuts parroting the same old sayings over and over that you know Vince was feeding him. I got so sick of hearing Kevin Owens and prizefighting.

Graves is even worse it’s gotten irrational even on my part when they just show the announce team I zero in on him and start thinking fuck this motherfucker, blah blah blah, etc. :lol:
That's why there's a mute button. I watch the action rather than listen since to me that's what I'm watching for anyway. Probably why I've begun to enjoy ROH more. More killer, less filler. Sure there's silly stuff, it wouldn't be wrestling if there wasn't silly shit. But I enjoy the work that's put in and they have more of what I consider cruiserweights than monsters like WWE has.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

eddie lee roth wrote:I think my number one gripe at the moment is the push the non wrestler the tattooed Ken doll they have on commentary.

What I’d say what I’d say...

Last week, a change was made to the Raw announce team with Jonathan Coachman coming in and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T being moved out. WWE said Booker T would remain with the company to work Kickoff panels, as well as making occasional Raw appearances and serving as a WWE Ambassador. On his podcast, Heated Conversations, Booker T spoke about why he was moved off the team and blamed Corey Graves and the jabs that have been thrown by both announcers.

"If I got Corey Graves into a fisticuffs, I would beat him down like he stole something," Booker T said. "I would be whoopin' his ass all day long. My thing is this, I'm a nice guy, until you get on my bad side. Corey Graves, I wouldn't necessarily say he's on my bad side right now, but he's the reason that I'm not on Monday Night Raw right now. Lot of people in the company thought I was going to jump on him. I was gonna do something bad to him. I was gonna drag him. I was gonna take him out to the woodshed. I was gonna beat that man so bad that he was going to say 'Please, please, just don't beat me anymore.' That's how hot I was getting, that's how close I was getting."

According to Booker, WWE wanted him to cool off and did that by moving him back to the Kickoff panels and away from Graves.

"So, they said 'Hey, Book, step back a second, alright? We're gonna regroup, press the rewind button. We're gonna send you back to the Kickoff show, SmackDown and Monday Night Raw PPVs and cool ya down for a second. Because we don't want you to do anything to Corey Graves.'"

Booker T continued that if he catches Graves out and about, he's going to "do something" to the Raw Announcer.

"If I catch Corey Graves on the street, I'm gonna do something to him," Booker T said. "I ain't gonna do it at the office or the airport, but if I catch Corey Graves on the street, you see that little bouffant hairdo he got? I'm gonna rearrange it for him."

Wrapping up, Booker said he didn't like his money being messed with and outright challenged Graves to a fight.

"Everybody knows my reputation, I get mean, if you mess with my 'green,'" Booker responded. "And right now, my 'green' is being messed with. Is WrestleMania coming up, right? There's room for one more match at WrestleMania. Right now on my show, I'm calling Corey Graves out to a fight. Not a match. Not a pre-show pose down or anything like that. I'm calling Corey Graves out to a fight. I'm talking man-to-man. Mano-a-mano. You and I."
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

This is one way to build potential heat for a potential match. Book has been around the block and he’s an old hand and he can bring the heat better than a lot of guys. He can put someone over and it’s been shown he can keep his ego in check for the most part.

The problem I see is they don’t have anybody that can call matches for shit and they haven’t been grooming people for it. Instead of firing guys for drug offences, get them out of the ring and try them in color and play by play. I’m all about getting some of these kids a second chance by moving them around rather than firing them. I’ve posted my thoughts many times on the shitty way WWE is running their business in the ground and they don’t want to change. I want better wrestling and fewer injuries but shit sucks.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Did you guys catch John Cena getting all Metal Sludge when describing his opponent for the night?

He called Elias the evil Eddie Van Halen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought of this place right away.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Dr. Death Steve Williams press slams Terry Gordy multiple times into the top of a cage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ABKfaBhYY
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Stan Hansen delivers a nasty Lariat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3aubNn2wTA
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

sliquor wrote:Stan Hansen delivers a nasty Lariat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3aubNn2wTA
Oh, that's old school right there! Hansen was one bad dude!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

sliquor wrote:Dr. Death Steve Williams press slams Terry Gordy multiple times into the top of a cage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ABKfaBhYY
As a kid, my life pretty much sucked... but whenever wrestling was on, everything was great for at least that moment.
Dr. Death was one of my absolute favorites. Whenever he won, everything was right in the world!
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

More Dr Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHIH-4n-yU

It’s easy to go down the YouTube wrestling wormhole. And it’s easy to see why many of those moves aren’t used anymore!
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

How about the Steiner Screwdriver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8wigNal8m8

Damn! :shock:
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

sliquor wrote:How about the Steiner Screwdriver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8wigNal8m8

Damn! :shock:

Believe it or not, I actually saw him do that to Owen Hart in a match once. Fuckin brutal.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Former women's champion Ivory is tonight's HOF induction announcement. Well deserved!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Rollins curbstop Balor..I didn’t know how to react!!
5star Raw in 2018 fun!

Intro Braun with big bass was hilarious
Ivory Hall Of Fame that’s awesome

Who is Samoa Joe going to attack in Champer to set up Mania feud

Cena looks so old and out of place it is gross. Seems like he is always joking around and not taking it seriously
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:I wish the WWE would induct Marlena aka Terri Runnels!
I'm surprised she hasn't been inducted already! :shock:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:I wish the WWE would induct Marlena aka Terri Runnels!
i don't think she goes in before dustin. maybe the same year but not before
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

There are some new shoot clips with Shane Douglas up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_6oQ6K0Tw

Seems like a straight shooter & good guy.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Gonna watch EVOLVE 101 tonight...
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Very solid Iron Man Match-type run by Seth Rollins during this incredibly long gauntlet match here on Raw right now!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett tonight's WWE HOF inductee. Ain't that great?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Also, anyone else here shaking their heads at this Bray/Matt storyline right now? "OB-SOL-EET-AH!!!"