Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:36 pm Justin Verlander shutdown ( with what will end up beimg the whole season ) with forearm strain.
won't be the only thing shut down
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:37 am
killeverything wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm LAD extends Mookie Betts 12/365m. Holy shit.
65 Million signing bonus. Good work if you can get it.

Ready for your whoopin' this week? :lol:
Mookie Betts will miss his third straight start with a sore left middle finger today........

Back in spring training, when the sign-stealing revelations were new and the wounds were fresh, Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Alex Wood made a prophetic point when considering the possibility of retaliating against Houston Astros hitters this season.

"Somebody will take it into their own hands," Wood said, "and they'll get suspended more than any of those guys got for the biggest cheating scandal in 100 years.".........

Joe Kelly was suspended eight games for his actions in Tuesday's game, even though he didn't hit anybody -- with a fist or a baseball -- and was never ejected.....The equivalent of a 22-game suspension in a 162-game season. Over the past 10 years no player has received a suspension longer than 20 games for a violation that wasn't tied to PED's, recreational drugs, substance abuse, domestic violence or in the case of Juan Carlos Oviedo identity fraud.

Players such as Los Angeles Angels reliever Keynan Middleton and New York Mets starter Marcus Stroman voiced their support on social media, providing further evidence that the rest of the league still views the Astros with resentment.

The Dodgers sweep the two-game series.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

2 to 3 week's since a post, the wrestling thread is going to pass the StartingToEndBaseballThread soon.
I know it's because of the "FREE JOE KELLY" bullshit...Manfred took a bribe, I'm buying a Rob Manfred Clown Shirt.

Trevor Bauer = Sweet Kicks and tweet vid before today's game! Saying he could be removed and disciplined if he wore them is lame.

Reds Announcer Thom Brennaman is suspended after uttering a gay slur on air while thinking he was on a break. He was in KC and heard saying "One of the f*g capitals of the world,"...They yanked him during the double header.
I'm guessing he's done. .07 followed by his apology, #fireThom was twatter trending faster than his yank from the booth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rRVF1zCI6c

Tampa has had NYY's number, 5W - 1L to pull within 1/2 a game not to mention, $2020 #1 New York Yankees $110,161,065 vs #28 Tampa Bay Rays - $28,539,148

Jose Altuve = .180avg HAHAHAHA. Buzz Man with a bad tattoo, Show me your dragon magic!

-----------------------------------

Is it me or is there some more ugly ass uniforms this year.....From throwbacks to players weekends teams are rolling out stuff designed with MS Paint.

The Padres make UPS Brown look great, dumpster rust? Dookie Brown Brown? Worst color ever. The helmets are flat nasty.

The Reds Coca-Cola font looks silly but their normal stripes kind of suck anyway

The D-backs had that pretzel helmet sig, don't think it's a regular...."D-BACKS" across the chest is a bit Softball league and they have 5 fucking colors to work with, a couple short of a Rainbow. **"Rainbow Snakes" is a much cooler name than Diamondbacks, for what it's worth**

The Rangers are rolling out 6 uni's, from Red to Powder Blue, pick two not half a dozen in this sprint to the finish season

What I hate the most is the NIKE SWOOSH......No clue of the background behind the logo but I've always thought it sucked.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P. Tom Seaver at 75. One of the greatest pitchers in the game and a goddamn Mets legend:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/ ... uxbndlbing
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Lou Brock passed away at 81 today.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Justin Verlander needs TJ surgery.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

HOF pitcher and one of the baddest motherfuckers to ever walk the earth, Bob Gibson passes away from pancreatic cancer @ 84.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 pm HOF pitcher and one of the baddest motherfuckers to ever walk the earth, Bob Gibson passes away from pancreatic cancer @ 84.
Guys were legitimately scared to face him.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:58 am
killeverything wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 pm HOF pitcher and one of the baddest motherfuckers to ever walk the earth, Bob Gibson passes away from pancreatic cancer @ 84.
Why?
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TexDaddy »

WolfgangVonPage wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:27 am
Why?
Because he owned the plate and would throw right at your head if you crowded the plate
He was a serious bad ass on the mound. Mound was also higher at that time making even more intimidating
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

TexDaddy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:23 pm
WolfgangVonPage wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:27 am

Why?
Because he owned the plate and would throw right at your head if you crowded the plate
He was a serious bad ass on the mound. Mound was also higher at that time making even more intimidating
Ah OK, gotcha. Thanks.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Yeah back then the pitchers ruled the diamond and some of them had big chips on their shoulder. Gibby was one of them. If any of the modern day guys pulled their bat flip nonsense back then the next guy up would be leaving the field on a stretcher.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

An old Astro or maybe even Colt 45, Norm Miller I believe was his name once told a story about Gibson. He had struck him out all 4 or 5 times he had previously faced him. His next at bat he hit a dribbler to the mound and on the way to first base pointed at Gibson and said “I got ya”.

Next at bat Gibson drilled him in the back
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

R.I.P. HOF second baseman Joe Morgan, 77.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/us/joe-m ... index.html
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

wildside1969 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:54 pm R.I.P. HOF second baseman Joe Morgan, 77.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/us/joe-m ... index.html
Just coming here to post this.

The greatest 2B of all time.
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

The Evil Astros push it to game 7
One win away from ruining the baseball worlds season. 😀😀
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

TexDaddy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:18 pm The Evil Astros push it to game 7
One win away from ruining the baseball worlds season. 😀😀
They're a good team that didn't need to cheat, but they did. If the stadiums weren't empty I highly doubt they would have made it that far. I'm not surprised they've played well. Luhknow built a monster.

Dusty Baker is still your manager though. If they do lose the odds he was behind it are pretty high.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Seriously, do the baseball gods really want Astros/Dodgers, Pt. 2? My Braves really need to get it together right now!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:47 pm Seriously, do the baseball gods really want Astros/Dodgers, Pt. 2? My Braves really need to get it together right now!
You can cheat ( Houston ), throw games ( Chicago ), but baseball is a hard game to fix. There's been terrible umpiring behind homeplate all postseason. If there was ever a series Manfred wants it's LA/Houston though.

I would expect them to go to Lakers in the playoffs lengths to make that happen.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, at least the Rays did their part and finally held off the 'Stros. Maybe the Braves can do their thing and get a win tomorrow?
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

McCullers put the Astros in too big of a hole with the way Morton was pitching.
Letting Morton go was the biggest mistake The Astros GM made
McCullers frustrates me
He has such good stuff but when he misses he misses horribly and they end flying out of the park
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

And the Georgia sports curse lives on. Rays vs. Dodgers...
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 pm And the Georgia sports curse lives on. Rays vs. Dodgers...
I thought it would be Atlanta. Jesus, Tampa Bay is going to get killed.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

This series may be watchable..maybe
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Tompa Bay 2020 Champs

Dodgers just choke choke and choke again in 2020
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:29 pm Tompa Bay 2020 Champs

Dodgers just choke choke and choke again in 2020
Unfortunately it was the Rays that choked last night. Congrats, Dodgers! First World Series title since 1988 and Kirk Gibson's hobbled homer.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Best day for baseball, the last game
No more boring highlights over and over again
Who won Who cares..it’s over!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I didn't think they'd salvage a season but they pulled it off, it was good to watch something other than politics or pretty much anything else. It's way too early but I wonder what rules will carry over into next year. #Fuck-the-DH.

It's been a long time coming, I started vesting again when LAD beat Atlanta in the 2013 NLDS...The hats n stuff started taking up space.....Should have ended in 17*....Haxors.....Show me your trash can magic...Tattoo, tattoo.

Turner tests positive is isolated in the 8th then comes out for the after party photo shoot. Don't think it mattered at that point.

Dear Tampa, thanks for pulling Snell! Analytics FTW! Anyone catch Tim Kurkjian going off about today's game.

The Ray's vs Braves would have been a good series.

David Price, hope you enjoyed the opt out...No ring for you.

The Asstros can still suck it! Couldn't even finish a short season over .500!

Rob Manfred getting booed was the best....He looked like an ostrich searching for a sandbox while handing out the WS and MVP trophy's.....Classic reaction. If the stadium was full he'd been shamed off the field.

Anyone get a free Taco?

In other news, Mr Buttermaker.....I mean Tony La Russa is the new manager of the White Sox's!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Forgot, in this year of suckage..........The FISH SWEPT THE CUBS out of the post.

It's good for people to look at the positive side of things during this time of suck.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds are the leading candidates returning to baseball's Hall of Fame ballot in a year without any favorites among the new names. Clemens had 242 votes for 61% and Bonds 241 for 60.7%, both well short of the 75% needed, which was 298 votes last year.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/303 ... ame-ballot

Pitchers Barry Zito, Tim Hudson, Mark Buehrle, A.J. Burnett and outfielder Torii Hunter are among the top newcomers on the ballot announced Monday.

Zito was 165-143 with a 4.04 ERA for Oakland and San Francisco, including 23-5 in 2002. Hudson was 222-133 with a 3.49 ERA for Oakland, Atlanta and San Francisco.

Buehrle was 214-160 with a 3.81 ERA, throwing a perfect game for the Chicago White Sox against Tampa Bay on July 23, 2009, and a no-hitter for the White Sox against Texas on April 18, 2007. Burnett was 164-157 and pitched a no-hitter for the Marlins against San Diego on May 12, 2001.

Hunter, a nine-time Gold Glove center fielder, had a .277 average, 2,452 hits, 353 home runs and 1,391 RBIs.

Voting will be announced Jan. 26 and anyone elected will be inducted July 25 along with Jeter and Walker, whose inductions were postponed for a year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Other holdovers on the ballot include Andy Pettitte, Billy Wagner, Todd Helton, Jeff Kent, Scott Rolen, Bobby Abreu, Andruw Jones, Manny Ramirez, Gary Sheffield and Sammy Sosa.

Newcomers also include Dan Haren, LaTroy Hawkins, Aramis Ramirez, Michael Cuddyer, Nick Swisher and Shane Victorino.

Ballots by members of the BBWAA for 10 consecutive years or more must be postmarked by Dec. 31.

----------------

Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds..........No, no and no.....If and when they open those flood gates I demand to see them next to Corky's bat.

Bought time for Larry Walker, up next ,Todd Helton.

https://www.cooperstowncred.com/todd-he ... me-debate/