Ace Frehley Is Shiite Mondays

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Ace Frehley Is Shiite Mondays

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Time to face facts kids. Aunt Paula was right. Ace has been absolute shiite for decades.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Re: Ace Frehley Is Shiite Mondays

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Even his '78 solo is massively overrated. Never got the appeal of his guitar playing or voice.
Old_Man_Dokken
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Old_Man_Dokken »

I'm jumping on this bandwagon and will also agree that Ace is shit.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

How do we know Ace is Shiite and not Sunni?

Was he Shiite from the beginning or did he gradually go from rags to riches to rags?
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:22 am Even his '78 solo is massively overrated. Never got the appeal of his guitar playing or voice.
Massively overrated. He didn’t even write NYG. I used to cream my tighty whities every time I dropped the needle on Fractured Mirror. I can’t even make it through the song now. It’s simplistic AF.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Ace was insanely lucky for his career of mediocrity. It's been downhill for 30 years (a spike of luck in 1996). I cannot think of a single example of a professional guitarist that is a worse musician and vocalist than Ace.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

At this point, Ace would loose a guitar battle to Vinnie Vincent, who most people didn’t think was even capable of playing guitar anymore until a few months ago.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Im a little bummed he doesnt bring back Richie Scarlett and a couple of Scarletts drinkin buddies as his lineup. I want to see the backing band on an equal talent level to current Ace!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

You guys are being a little hard on the Space Ace. He was good in his 1st run with Kiss. Yeah, he wasn't much after, but were any of them? And he gets points for correctly realizing that The Elder was indeed shite, which is what killed off the 1st makeup era. Ack!
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:35 am Im a little bummed he doesnt bring back Richie Scarlett and a couple of Scarletts drinkin buddies as his lineup. I want to see the backing band on an equal talent level to current Ace!
Richie isn't going to give up playing the picnic table circuit. Comeon, man.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:24 am You guys are being a little hard on the Space Ace. He was good in his 1st run with Kiss. Yeah, he wasn't much after, but were any of them? And he gets points for correctly realizing that The Elder was indeed shite, which is what killed off the 1st makeup era. Ack!
Race Frehley's and Peter Criss' drug addictions and alcoholism killed the 1st makeup era.

Race Frehley's drug addictions and alcoholism and Peter Criss' shitty attitude, whining, and noodle arms killed the 2nd makeup era.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

risingfarce wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:51 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:24 am You guys are being a little hard on the Space Ace. He was good in his 1st run with Kiss. Yeah, he wasn't much after, but were any of them? And he gets points for correctly realizing that The Elder was indeed shite, which is what killed off the 1st makeup era. Ack!
Race Frehley's and Peter Criss' drug addictions and alcoholism killed the 1st makeup era.

Race Frehley's drug addictions and alcoholism and Peter Criss' shitty attitude, whining, and noodle arms killed the 2nd makeup era.
Welcome new poster! We've got a good group of guys who like to talk music here!

I thought someone said that Gene and Paul might have been drunks and drug addicts. You think it is Ace and Peter who were? This is something worth looking in to.

Oh, and btw, his name is Ace. You made a mistake and called him Race.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

so this guy is here to give shit to Frehley, Ratt..... who's next.
For heaven's sakes, get over yourself!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

What was there to kill? A shit band, playing shit songs, with clown makeup. I know it killed your childish dreams but after the age of 15, you should have seen it coming.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:59 am
Whatever Happened To… wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:22 am Even his '78 solo is massively overrated. Never got the appeal of his guitar playing or voice.
Massively overrated. He didn’t even write NYG. I used to cream my tighty whities every time I dropped the needle on Fractured Mirror. I can’t even make it through the song now. It’s simplistic AF.
Wrong. It is correctly rated as being a great 70s hard rock album. Yes, Ace sucks now, but this is silly.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:05 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:59 am
Wrong. It is correctly rated as being a great 70s hard rock album. Yes, Ace sucks now, but this is silly.
I think Ace secretly wanted to be a member of Argent. Russ Ballard was his idol
DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth
Headlining Clubs

Post by DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth »

FreddyFender wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:16 am At this point, Ace would loose a guitar battle to Vinnie Vincent, who most people didn’t think was even capable of playing guitar anymore until a few months ago.
*lose
The population explosion would be less of a problem if lighting the fuse didn't feel so good.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:20 pm

I thought someone said that Gene and Paul might have been drunks and drug addicts. You think it is Ace and Peter who were? This is something worth looking in to.

He’s confused - it was pete who was racist.
He used to make anti-Semitic jokes about Paul, Gene & Ace, who are all Jewish.
But they couldn’t fire Peter because his drumming was too good- everyone agreed he was the best musician in the band.
And his songwriting was what won them the people’s choice award - he wrote their biggest hit
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

DangerZone wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:29 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:20 pm

He’s confused - it was pete who was racist.
He used to make anti-Semitic jokes about Paul, Gene & Ace, who are all Jewish.
But they couldn’t fire Peter because his drumming was too good- everyone agreed he was the best musician in the band.
And his songwriting was what won them the people’s choice award - he wrote their biggest hit
Ace is not jewish.
Everybody knows he is part Asian and part extra terrestrial....
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

DangerZone wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:29 pm And his songwriting was what won them the people’s choice award - he wrote their biggest hit
True, and it's funny that after all these years, KISS' biggest hit peaked at around 7 or 8 and netted them the cheesiest of all televised awards. One award their entire 50-year career. Their biggest award was branding their image and raking in the cash.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:28 am
DangerZone wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:29 pm And his songwriting was what won them the people’s choice award - he wrote their biggest hit
True, and it's funny that after all these years, KISS' biggest hit peaked at around 7 or 8 and netted them the cheesiest of all televised awards. One award their entire 50-year career. Their biggest award was branding their image and raking in the cash.
One award? How about original Kiss being inducted into the R&R Hall f Fame?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:02 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:28 am
One award? How about original Kiss being inducted into the R&R Hall f Fame?
I will say with matter-of-factness the RRHOF is a joke. It's basically like receiving an honorary degree. Look at who has been inducted vs. who has not. It's nothing more than a beauty contest based not on achievement or contribution or blazing new trails. It's a nice building to kill a couple of hours once. I wouldn't even say it's worth that.