Need help finding horror movie

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Need help finding horror movie

Post by SchenkerFan »

I vaguely remember seeing a thriller/horror movie as a kid where some people (maybe a couple) moves to some remote village (maybe it was an island, not sure). Anyway the community in this village is quite odd. I also remember something about an old man in a wheelchair that's supposed to be a parent of some notables in the village, but it turns out his supposed children are actually his parents or grandparents.

It's not much to go on probably but I haven't been able to find it through google. I'm thinking it was probably released somewhere between the 70s and 90s.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Need help finding horror movie

Post by SeniorGrande »

Are you on Reddit? Ask https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/

They're good at this stuff.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I haven't seen it in a while, but that kind of sounds like the movie Dead and Buried from 1981

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082242/
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:21 am I haven't seen it in a while, but that kind of sounds like the movie Dead and Buried from 1981

No, it's definitely not Dead and Buried.

Otherwise, I haven't a clue on this one . . . :?
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 am I vaguely remember seeing a thriller/horror movie as a kid where some people (maybe a couple) moves to some remote village (maybe it was an island, not sure). Anyway the community in this village is quite odd. I also remember something about an old man in a wheelchair that's supposed to be a parent of some notables in the village, but it turns out his supposed children are actually his parents or grandparents.
That actually sounds like early-mid 70s stuff. Do you perhaps recall sideburn lengths and collar sizes?
Forehead exposure of the female actresses? Whether or not Eugene Levy was in the cast?
tapsmiled
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by tapsmiled »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:21 am I haven't seen it in a while, but that kind of sounds like the movie Dead and Buried from 1981

Dead and Buried is a great movie, but it was more about zombies (resurrected people).
AngryAgain wrote:FUCK YOU LEPPARDCUNTIOWA - TAKE A WALK IN MY SHOES U PIECE OF SHIT
cookie wrote:last I checked you couldn't catch ecoli from your chuff.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong wrote:Even clot-eating one armed push-upping cellphone carriers have standards.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Pooty Tang.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Last Starfighter
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Krull was a great movie
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 am I vaguely remember seeing a thriller/horror movie as a kid where some people (maybe a couple) moves to some remote village (maybe it was an island, not sure). Anyway the community in this village is quite odd. I also remember something about an old man in a wheelchair that's supposed to be a parent of some notables in the village, but it turns out his supposed children are actually his parents or grandparents.

It's not much to go on probably but I haven't been able to find it through google. I'm thinking it was probably released somewhere between the 70s and 90s.
Could it be, "Lets Scare Jessica to Death?" There is a young person who shows up in very old photographs. And the community is very odd. Classic film.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:16 pm

Could it be, "Lets Scare Jessica to Death?" There is a young person who shows up in very old photographs. And the community is very odd. Classic film.
Good guess^^^

We need more details . . .
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:34 am
Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:16 pm

Good guess^^^

We need more details . . .
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067341/

https://youtu.be/C-VmuMRV8C4