Court: Government violated First Amendment Rights with vaccine misinformation

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Press Pass
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Court: Government violated First Amendment Rights with vaccine misinformation

Post by Press Pass »

It's hard to believe we needed a court to call out vaccine misinformation and suppression of free thought about vaccines, but here we are.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... 20vaccines.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Court: Government violated First Amendment Rights with vaccine misinformation

Post by Gibsonite »

Awesome band!
Silentbutdeadly
Passing Out Band Flyers

Re: Court: Government violated First Amendment Rights with vaccine misinformation

Post by Silentbutdeadly »

That is not at all what the article or court ruling said.

The government pressured social media to moderate posts with disinformation. They (the government) did not provide the disinformation. I’m aware this contradicts what you want to believe, but oh well.
Press Pass wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:50 pm It's hard to believe we needed a court to call out vaccine misinformation and suppression of free thought about vaccines, but here we are.

Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Press Pass wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:50 pm It's hard to believe we needed a court to call out vaccine misinformation and suppression of free thought about vaccines, but here we are.

:roll:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
soulonfire
Headlining Clubs

Post by soulonfire »

The ruling was by three Republican judges :D :D

Of course they're pissed about a crackdown on misinformation.
Danzig in the Dark wrote:Roadhead, you are the Jar Jar Binks of Metal Sludge.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Silentbutdeadly wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:01 pm That is not at all what the article or court ruling said.

The government pressured social media to moderate posts with disinformation. They (the government) did not provide the disinformation. I’m aware this contradicts what you want to believe, but oh well.

Hi dummy,

Man, the way you dismissed the original poster with one Fell Swoop of your lazy mind... you almost had me chanting at him "yeah moderating disinformation is different than free speech violation!"
Almost.

Who determines what disinformation is? Do you really believe the fact-checkers that censored and deleted content were independent? Because they all followed the government Fauci- led narratives, as contradictory as they became. Respected and esteemed medical professionals who provided contrary info we're not only censored they were banned and condemned.
It's a new virus that Fauci said we're still learning about, yet any information that down plays it is aggressively yanked.
Despite a survival rate of 99.9% a vaccine is mandated, even to those not at risk- children. And good news, it's one size fits all. Regardless of your medical history there is no need to talk to your doctor before taking this unproven and basically untested experiment.
And though they were still learning about the virus 2 years later, they were still administering the same vaccine. Should that Inspire confidence from the people?
So tell me this cool guy, as a parent why shouldn't I be able to review every bit of information I want to, every Medical Professional claim and every study regarding this alleged pandemic? The government is going to mandate that crap to kids while censoring info that tells us they don't need it?
Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective? By moderating that "disinformation" (how easily you minimize that into nothing) how many people suffered?

Do you agree that the pharmaceutical companies have a known history of dealing in shady practices?

So when a untested unproven vaccine is mandated under the provision that pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any ill effects, should I not be at all concerned that there's a ton of censorship going on around it?

You get the idea. Or maybe you don't. But go back to your video games. You are a government apologist, a fucking danger to society
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm
Silentbutdeadly wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:01 pm That is not at all what the article or court ruling said.

Hi dummy,

Man, the way you dismissed the original poster with one Fell Swoop of your lazy mind... you almost had me chanting at him "yeah moderating disinformation is different than free speech violation!"
Almost.

Who determines what disinformation is? Do you really believe the fact-checkers that censored and deleted content were independent? Because they all followed the government Fauci- led narratives, as contradictory as they became. Respected and esteemed medical professionals who provided contrary info we're not only censored they were banned and condemned.
It's a new virus that Fauci said we're still learning about, yet any information that down plays it is aggressively yanked.
Despite a survival rate of 99.9% a vaccine is mandated, even to those not at risk- children. And good news, it's one size fits all. Regardless of your medical history there is no need to talk to your doctor before taking this unproven and basically untested experiment.
And though they were still learning about the virus 2 years later, they were still administering the same vaccine. Should that Inspire confidence from the people?
So tell me this cool guy, as a parent why shouldn't I be able to review every bit of information I want to, every Medical Professional claim and every study regarding this alleged pandemic? The government is going to mandate that crap to kids while censoring info that tells us they don't need it?
Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective? By moderating that "disinformation" (how easily you minimize that into nothing) how many people suffered?

Do you agree that the pharmaceutical companies have a known history of dealing in shady practices?

So when a untested unproven vaccine is mandated under the provision that pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any ill effects, should I not be at all concerned that there's a ton of censorship going on around it?

You get the idea. Or maybe you don't. But go back to your video games. You are a government apologist, a fucking danger to society
I hope you didn't go to college. Because it would really suck to have paid to be that fucking stupid.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

EatNails wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:25 am

Hi dummy,

Almost.

I hope you didn't go to college. Because it would really suck to have paid to be that fucking stupid.
He pays for his stupidity ever day. It just feeds his martyr complex. I wonder what he'll do when Jesus wants his cross back?
ImageImage
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

EatNails wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:25 am

Hi dummy,

Almost.

I’d rather him post these hilarious rants than have to listen to his songs he posted!

His posts are right of the Ol Whitey Righty handbook.

Like “mouthbreather AI”!
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

"The article doesn't say that."

"BUT WHAT IF IT DID THO? WHAT IF IT DID????? Fucking sheep!!!!!"
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Everybody stand back! DDM is getting his masochism fap on and you don't want to get any of that all over your shoes!
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

I agree, but I do think their 1998 comeback album was pretty solid even if it wasn't with the original singer. Super underrated IMO.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Gibsonite wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:40 pm Awesome band!
Isn't Vaccine Misinformation a Grateful Dead offshoot?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

Hi dummy,

Almost.

I have a question for you. How is it playing guitar in Night Ranger, Keri? Seems like a fun gig.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

"Who determines what disinformation is? Do you really believe the fact-checkers that censored and deleted content were independent? Because they all followed the government Fauci- led narratives, as contradictory as they became. Respected and esteemed medical professionals who provided contrary info we're not only censored they were banned and condemned.
as a parent why shouldn't I be able to review every bit of information I want to, every Medical Professional claim and every study regarding this alleged pandemic? The government is going to mandate that crap to kids while censoring info that tells us they don't need it?

So when a untested unproven vaccine is mandated under the provision that pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any ill effects, should I not be at all concerned that there's a ton of censorship going on around it?"

He is not wrong. I have no issue with anything he said here and these are all valid points. I got the first two shots as I had to travel somewhere, but my wife and son did not. We all got covid and their was no difference in all our symptoms or severity. I will not get any more shots and certainly will not be giving any to my child.
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

Nobodyspecial wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:51 amHe is not wrong. I have no issue with anything he said here and these are all valid points. I got the first two shots as I had to travel somewhere, but my wife and son did not. We all got covid and their was no difference in all our symptoms or severity. I will not get any more shots and certainly will not be giving any to my child.
That is definitely your right to decide, and I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with whatever you decide going forward, but your single data point really doesn't prove anything. Maybe your symptions would have been worse if you didn't have the vaccine? Or maybe the vaccine just had no effect on the particular Covid strain you had? None of that changes the facts that the vaccine is effective at the macro level, although individual results are going to vary when studying case by case. For a very large majority of the population, they would have been fine with or without the vaccine, but that isn't true for everyone.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Nobodyspecial wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:51 am "Who determines what disinformation is? Do you really believe the fact-checkers that censored and deleted content were independent? Because they all followed the government Fauci- led narratives, as contradictory as they became. Respected and esteemed medical professionals who provided contrary info we're not only censored they were banned and condemned.
as a parent why shouldn't I be able to review every bit of information I want to, every Medical Professional claim and every study regarding this alleged pandemic? The government is going to mandate that crap to kids while censoring info that tells us they don't need it?

So when a untested unproven vaccine is mandated under the provision that pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any ill effects, should I not be at all concerned that there's a ton of censorship going on around it?"

He is not wrong. I have no issue with anything he said here and these are all valid points. I got the first two shots as I had to travel somewhere, but my wife and son did not. We all got covid and their was no difference in all our symptoms or severity. I will not get any more shots and certainly will not be giving any to my child.
I got the vaccine and never got Covid. It works both ways.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I got both shots, then a booster.

After that I turned into a lizard person and started living underground.

True story!!
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I've had a couple of boosters since my shots. I read the vaccines last about 4 months. Is that misinformation?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

EzyRider wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:01 am I got both shots, then a booster.

After that I turned into a lizard person and started living underground.

True story!!
You only did that because Bill Gates told you to via the microchip hidden in the 'vaccine'. Go Bill!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

BDG135 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:25 am I've had a couple of boosters since my shots. I read the vaccines last about 4 months. Is that misinformation?
There's two main problems. The effacy does wane over time, but also, JUST LIKE FOR THE FLU (saying that for all the antivax types), if the particular version of the vaccine you got isn't specifically targeted to the particular strain that's going around, you'll still definitely get it, but best case scenario is it'll lessen the effects.

I had been waiting on the vaccine to be updated for some of the newer strains, and it sounds like it has, so I'll be scheduling a booster shortly.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

I never got the vaccine nor covid. Fortunately I don't work for a corporation that mandates. Girlfriend does and had no choice but to get the vaccine for her career. She got covid and was bedridden for a week.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

killdrum wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:20 am I never got the vaccine nor covid. Fortunately I don't work for a corporation that mandates. Girlfriend does and had no choice but to get the vaccine for her career. She got covid and was bedridden for a week.
stop giving empirical evidence & trust the science
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Hi dummy,

Almost.

^^^^^^this all day long... great post!
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

killdrum wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:20 am I never got the vaccine nor covid. Fortunately I don't work for a corporation that mandates. Girlfriend does and had no choice but to get the vaccine for her career. She got covid and was bedridden for a week.
And? Your experience is not reflective of most experiences world wide. You're damn lucky you didn't get Covid as you'd likely be more sick than your unlucky girlfriend. It continues to astound me the amount of anti-science nonsense still seen after millions died.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am
And? Your experience is not reflective of most experiences world wide. You're damn lucky you didn't get Covid as you'd likely be more sick than your unlucky girlfriend. It continues to astound me the amount of anti-science nonsense still seen after millions died.
That's the beauty of having a choice there little buddy.
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

This is the Metal Sludge Gossip Board. Why is this even being posted here?
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

killdrum wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:07 pm
Dyslexicheart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am
That's the beauty of having a choice there little buddy.
Right - and your dumbass decision could have got someone else sick or dead. Yay for freedumb!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

JizzySynatra wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:08 pm This is the Metal Sludge Gossip Board. Why is this even being posted here?
Dunno, but I'm all for the Mod nuking this thread into oblivion. Either that or moving it somewhere else.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

And just what do you think would have happened if she got actual Covid, rather than just the vaccine? Chances are that would have been a hospital trip to a ventilator. Would you prefer that?