Worst famous people to deal with

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ale
Picking a Band Name

Worst famous people to deal with

Post by Ale »

The other thread about celebrities coming to your place of work and all the responses got me thinking... that the majority of the really famous or let's say famous people are nice, in my experience (and I have dealt with top celebrities) the assholes and prima donnas and divas are the ones that never really made it. I know a lot of them.
Of course everybody has bad days, but are there really many celebrities that are just plain assholes? Don Henley perhaps?
The Stench
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Worst famous people to deal with

Post by The Stench »

Some famous actor (might have been either Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt) had a quote that said anyone who gets super famous is gonna be an asshole for at least a couple of years. I guess it's just a matter of what point they're at when you deal with them.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

You gotta also consider that some may be introverts and come off as cold when they are drained. Sometimes they'll turn down autographs, in a calm voice, and fans will say they were a dick to them.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Always wonder the definition of ‘asshole’ when it comes to this stuff, and 99% of the time it’s either because they’re uniquely, singularly talented and have quirks that get them branded as ‘difficult to work with’ (Eddie, Axl, Mike Myers, etc.) or because someone didn’t get the autograph or the selfie that they felt they were entitled to on the celeb’s day off or whatever.

You’re probably on to something about the rudest usually being the ones who never made it. Not exactly on point but it’s been my general experience that the musicians with the least talent and most overbearing significant others tend to have the biggest egos and be the hardest to deal with.

I don’t get the Don Henley hate. Tortured artist personality with dry humor doesn’t automatically mean asshole. He sure has a lot of friends in the industry and does a ton behind the scenes to advocate for artists’ rights. He’s a supremely talented dude who’s consistently surrounded by less talented dudes, like it’s his fault that he’s the one with the it factor and everyone knows it. Did he not sign an autograph for someone in 1990 or something?
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

Scott Ian was a dick when I help him ship a package.

He was in my line and I happened to be reading one of his books at the time. I said oh hey it's Scot Ian. I'm in the middle of one if your books.
Or some shit like that. He just kinda mumbled under his breath. Acted like I was some fanboy creep. So whatever. No more small talk from me. I helped him and said next... and yes his shoulders were even with our counter. Just a little head.
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

BadDogWater wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm Scott Ian was a dick when I help him ship a package.

He was in my line and I happened to be reading one of his books at the time. I said oh hey it's Scot Ian. I'm in the middle of one if your books.
Or some shit like that. He just kinda mumbled under his breath. Acted like I was some fanboy creep. So whatever. No more small talk from me. I helped him and said next... and yes his shoulders were even with our counter. Just a little head.

I've had the pleasure of having many Metal folks Stephen Pearcey, Tommy Thayer, Paul Stanley, Rudy Sarzo, Vivian Cambell, Matt Pinfield, Penelpie Sphears, Gary Hout,Kane Roberts, Ron Jeremy ha ect.. in my store and all have been cool cept Scott oh and Ricki Rackmen was printing flyers looking for a lost Parrot. I said something about isn't hard to catch a bird even if you do see it. Don't they just fly away? He turned sour after that. Wonder if he ever found that bird?
Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hellbound »

BadDogWater wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:21 pm
BadDogWater wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm Scott Ian was a dick when I help him ship a package.

I've had the pleasure of having many Metal folks Stephen Pearcey, Tommy Thayer, Paul Stanley, Rudy Sarzo, Vivian Cambell, Matt Pinfield, Penelpie Sphears, Gary Hout,Kane Roberts, Ron Jeremy ha ect.. in my store and all have been cool cept Scott oh and Ricki Rackmen was printing flyers looking for a lost Parrot. I said something about isn't hard to catch a bird even if you do see it. Don't they just fly away? He turned sour after that. Wonder if he ever found that bird?
Penelpie Sphears, Gary Hout, Ricki Rackmen ect

What the fuck dude? Did you suddenly have instant onset dementia or something? LAGlamRocker is your proof reader? Why did you capitalize Parrot?

Ah fuck it, if this is the worst thing that happens to me today then it's all good.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Blackie Lawless
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

My friend got thrown…literally…out of soul Asylum’s room at a festival.

Was told not to go in there.

It was funny.

Does that count?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

james caan was a grumpy old fuck on the set of Pregoland.

kim fields was a diva that had a flamboyant assistant that did her whining and dirty work on some shitty halmark movie i did.

but anthony shim, the director of Riceboy Sleeps takes the total douche award. he freaked out on a sound guy then went into the backyard of the house we were filming at and continued to scream at how "FUCKING UNPROFESSIONAL" the guy was. that was enough for the 1st and 2nd AD who quit at the end of the day.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:42 pm My friend got thrown…literally…out of soul Asylum’s room at a festival.

It was funny.

Does that count?
What's really funny is that Soul Asylum wasn't on top hardly long enough to big-time people.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:09 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:42 pm My friend got thrown…literally…out of soul Asylum’s room at a festival.

It was funny.

Does that count?
What's really funny is that Soul Asylum wasn't on top hardly long enough to big-time people.
I’d wanna know what this guy did before making a judgment.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

demolition23 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:36 am

It was funny.

Does that count?
He wanted somebody to shove him.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Iceman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Iceman »

It was funny.

Does that count?
Funny that Soul Asylum was brought up. In 10 years of doing a rock podcast, I've never had so much trouble setting up an interview with any band than Soul Asylum. It's bizarre. Dee Snider, Ted Nugent, Joe Elliott, no problem. Dave from Soul Asylum...yeah never going down that road again. Their management are complete unprofessional drama queens.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

I nominate Scott Ian as well. I met him back around 2003ish or so and said I was a fan of his tour diary on Metal Sludge and he mumbled something and wouldn't even make eye contact with me. I've met a lot of people and can't recall ever just been blown off that way. Initially I chalked it up to maybe he was having a bad day, but I've since heard plenty of stories about him being an asshole.
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

Saw Scott Ian being a douche to people who were paying to meet and get a pic with him at CHILLER a few years ago. He us a rude asshole for sure. Maybe he is jealous of Metallica all these years?
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

parasite74 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:48 am Saw Scott Ian being a douche to people who were paying to meet and get a pic with him at CHILLER a few years ago. He us a rude asshole for sure. Maybe he is jealous of Metallica all these years?
Jealous of Billy Barty, Hervé Villechaize, and General Tom Thumb.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Sebitchian! Thread over!
The power of Sludge compels you.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Black Stuff wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:21 am Sebitchian! Thread over!
I've heard he really is nice to fans... who pay for the meet and greet.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:51 am
demolition23 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:36 am

He wanted somebody to shove him.
I bet he laughs at the rain
VicStelly

Post by VicStelly »

That horrid woman married to Ben Affleck. I watched her do a diva tantrum during the first Obama inauguration. It was something. She did the whole Puerto Rican swearing in Spanish. I am glad the Secret Service confiscated her switchblade.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

parasite74 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:48 am Saw Scott Ian being a douche to people who were paying to meet and get a pic with him at CHILLER a few years ago. He us a rude asshole for sure. Maybe he is jealous of Metallica all these years?
Wait, he wasn't in Metallica for a few months too was he?
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

VicStelly wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:27 am That horrid woman married to Ben Affleck. I watched her do a diva tantrum during the first Obama inauguration. It was something. She did the whole Puerto Rican swearing in Spanish. I am glad the Secret Service confiscated her switchblade.
My cousin's wife worked as an executive assistant at Sony Signatures in the early 2000's and attended a meeting with her. The "peasants" were given instructions not to have eye contact or address Miss Lopez unless spoken to. :roll: Horrid for sure!
LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Iceman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:27 am

It was funny.

Does that count?
Funny that Soul Asylum was brought up. In 10 years of doing a rock podcast, I've never had so much trouble setting up an interview with any band than Soul Asylum. It's bizarre. Dee Snider, Ted Nugent, Joe Elliott, no problem. Dave from Soul Asylum...yeah never going down that road again. Their management are complete unprofessional drama queens.
Soul Asylum still has management?!? :!: :?:
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:29 am

It was funny.

Does that count?
Soul Asylum still has management?!? :!: :?:
Careful, those kinds of comments can be fatal around here.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Post by SikkiNixx »

It was funny.

Does that count?
Soul Asylum still pay a manager???? That's probably why you had a hard time... guys tired of working for 15% of nothing..
Just kidding.. I had no idea they were still together.. is the podcast available still?? I'll check it out if you link it.

I have never had a bad experience with a famous person... I guess I'm fortunate.. I guess the context makes a difference.. if you're stalking someone at an airport with a pile of stuff to sign, so you can sell it online, vs approaching them with a mouth full of food or if you're in a band playing at the same show..
Lots of folks have no fukin idea and feel free to bother folks no matter what they are doing..
Tyla from the Dogs D'Amour was great... he got up and jammed with us at our neighborhood watering hole the night after his own show in town... super nice guy
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

I'll add another one for Scott Ian. I've written the story on here once or twice since it happened 20 years ago. Simply arrived for the We've Come For You All signing and they must've ended it over an hour early. The band were in the store still, but not at their table. A buddy and I were carrying the WCFA poster and cd when Scott asks me about the AC/DC remasters over in the cd aisles. I gave him the info and asked about the signing being over. Guy just wanted his info and didn't offer to sign the poster or anything. Was surprised how short he was.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

WCiezak wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:56 am I'll add another one for Scott Ian. I've written the story on here once or twice since it happened 20 years ago. Simply arrived for the We've Come For You All signing and they must've ended it over an hour early. The band were in the store still, but not at their table. A buddy and I were carrying the WCFA poster and cd when Scott asks me about the AC/DC remasters over in the cd aisles. I gave him the info and asked about the signing being over. Guy just wanted his info and didn't offer to sign the poster or anything. Was surprised how short he was.

You didn't ask him to sign, and are whining because he didn't offer to?

Why didn't you ask him? He probably figured you didn't want it signed because you didn't ask.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:32 am
WCiezak wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:56 am I'll add another one for Scott Ian. I've written the story on here once or twice since it happened 20 years ago. Simply arrived for the We've Come For You All signing and they must've ended it over an hour early. The band were in the store still, but not at their table. A buddy and I were carrying the WCFA poster and cd when Scott asks me about the AC/DC remasters over in the cd aisles. I gave him the info and asked about the signing being over. Guy just wanted his info and didn't offer to sign the poster or anything. Was surprised how short he was.

You didn't ask him to sign, and are whining because he didn't offer to?

Why didn't you ask him? He probably figured you didn't want it signed because you didn't ask.
Yeah, if you said, "hey, do you mind signing" and he shot you down, then he's a dick... otherwise, you're just a wuss.
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

I don't know why Don Henley has a reputation for being a dick except for really being painted that way in Don Felder's book. But Felder really comes off as an entitled whiner and I can see how that would get old.