GLAM A’ ROO … Glam*Fest Australia Announces 2nd Annual Festival dates for February 16-18th 2024

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

GLAM A’ ROO … Glam*Fest Australia Announces 2nd Annual Festival dates for February 16-18th 2024

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

GLAM A’ ROO …
Glam*Fest Australia Announces 2nd Annual Festival dates for February 16-18th 2024
#glamfest #glamfestdownunder #australia #downunder #glamfestoz #glamfest2024 #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/glam-a-roo-glamf ... 18th-2024/

I will admit, I have heard some names being thrown around, but I am sworn to secrecy... log on Nov. 27th 2023 to see who will appear at Glam*Fest 2024.

$tEvil
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Re: GLAM A’ ROO … Glam*Fest Australia Announces 2nd Annual Festival dates for February 16-18th 2024

Post by rubysdad »

I made a comment on a VanHalen Tributes Insta the other week suggesting a visit down under would be cool, I received a positive response.
I wonder?
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: GLAM A’ ROO … Glam*Fest Australia Announces 2nd Annual Festival dates for February 16-18th 2024

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

rubysdad wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:08 pm I made a comment on a VanHalen Tributes Insta the other week suggesting a visit down under would be cool, I received a positive response.
I wonder?
There is literally ZERO chance they would spend the money to fly in a tribute band to Australia.

It's just WAY too much money... and believe it or not... there are top tier KILLER tribute and cover bands all over the planet now.

For the last 10-15 years, when touring, I have seen tributes in South America, the U.K. and Europe, who just kill it.

Steel Panther is another level, as they draw internationally and have their own identity after 20+ years, but no promoter is flying down a tribute group to Oz.

$tEvil
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

Can't wait to see the lineup and loving that Brisbane is a Saturday.
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Grand Classic
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Grand Classic »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:30 am There is literally ZERO chance they would spend the money to fly in a tribute band to Australia.
I heard they’re flying in a third rate Tuff tribute band with one original member.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

gruentransfer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:45 am Can't wait to see the lineup and loving that Brisbane is a Saturday.
that would have been awesome but I am moving from the Gold coast to the middle of NSW in Jan, I am going to be pretty much the same distance to go to either Sydney or Melbourne so will decide once I know which venue is better
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:49 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:30 am There is literally ZERO chance they would spend the money to fly in a tribute band to Australia.
I heard they’re flying in a third rate Tuff tribute band with one original member.
Todd Chase was with me... so there were 2 OG members.

$tEvil :D
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:30 pm
gruentransfer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:45 am Can't wait to see the lineup and loving that Brisbane is a Saturday.
that would have been awesome but I am moving from the Gold coast to the middle of NSW in Jan, I am going to be pretty much the same distance to go to either Sydney or Melbourne so will decide once I know which venue is better
Bugger. When there was no Brisbane we were going to go to Melbourne if the line up was good enough to travel for.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧
‼️ Heads up folks! We have decided to add one more headliner to make 𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗠 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 even juicier so please hang tight with us as we finalise this.
We will be releasing our line up throughout the coming week!
But first, please join us in welcoming to Glam Fest 2024:
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗻𝗲𝗿 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗩𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗢𝗳 𝗩𝗶𝘅𝗲𝗻
🇸🇪 🇳🇴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝘂𝗲𝗹 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 (first time in Aus)
🇦🇺 𝗔𝗯𝗹𝗮𝘇𝗲
+ more to come
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 am 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧
‼️ Heads up folks! We have decided to add one more headliner to make 𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗠 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 even juicier so please hang tight with us as we finalise this.
🇦🇺 𝗔𝗯𝗹𝗮𝘇𝗲
+ more to come
Not loving it yet.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

gruentransfer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:56 am
BootyDaddy69 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 am 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧
🇦🇺 𝗔𝗯𝗹𝗮𝘇𝗲
+ more to come
Not loving it yet.
Me neither
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I just realized there were 2 Vixens. That makes me sad.

Before she passed away, the guitar player Jan had a version of the band going where she was the only original member.

So now you get singer Janet's solo band. Or you get Roxy on drums using the Vixen name.

Where is bassist Share? She was the prettiest one if you ask me. I say let her form her version to round out the Vixen Trifecta!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Announcement 2

Jetboy

Sisters Doll

So far nothing has me wetting my pants in excitement
KSM2023
Music Fan

Post by KSM2023 »

Yup, pretty underwhelming so far, don't think I'll travel for this at this stage... pity, as this year's line up was awesome
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Phins up baby!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

MurrayFiend wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:16 pm
Phins up baby!
#waynebennetforever

Agree with above, this year's Glamfest isn't filling me with excitement. Better have a couple of good bands up their sleeve or I'll be a no show.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Full lineup released, Take my $$$$$

Featuring:
🇺🇸 𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗥 - 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘳
🇺🇸 𝗟𝗬𝗡𝗖𝗛 𝗠𝗢𝗕 - 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳
🇸🇪 𝗛.𝗘.𝗔.𝗧
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗧 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥
🇺🇸 𝗧𝗬𝗞𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗢 - 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘳
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗘𝗧𝗕𝗢𝗬 - 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘳
🇦🇺 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟
🇸🇪 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗘𝗟 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 - 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘳
+ 𝙰𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚎 • 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜 • 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚗 • 𝙳𝚎𝚙𝚝. 𝙾𝚏 𝙶𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖 • 𝙳𝙹 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜 • 𝚁𝚊𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚕 • 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚐𝚞𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 • 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚜 • 𝚆𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 (local bill varies per city).
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

I'll go just for Tyketto alone.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

THE LAND of OZ …
Glam*Fest Australia announces Slaughter, Lynch Mob, H.E.A.T, Tyketto, Janet Gardner (The Voice of Vixen), JetBoy, Sister's Doll, The Cruel Intentions & more for 2nd Annual Festival in Feb. 2024
#glamfest #oz #downunder #australia #aussie #kangaroo #2024 #slaughter #lynchmob #georgelynch #heat #tyketto #vixen #janetgardner #jetboy #sistersdoll #thecruelintentions #lizzydevine #vainsofjenna #silverback #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/oz-glamfest-aust ... -feb-2024/

$ludge
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Maybe Justin James will do Vixen songs solo
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

$160 Australian. Not bad for that many bands.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Will be going but not a fan of the 2 stages in different rooms setup
gruentransfer

Post by gruentransfer »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:02 pm Will be going but not a fan of the 2 stages in different rooms setup
Promoter has said no clashes, just a logistical thing so not as long a break between bands.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

gruentransfer wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:53 pm
BootyDaddy69 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:02 pm Will be going but not a fan of the 2 stages in different rooms setup
Promoter has said no clashes, just a logistical thing so not as long a break between bands.
Yeah but means going from room to room after each band, can you imagine 500 to 1000 people trying to get to each room, crazy
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Just under 2 weeks to go, who is going? Got my tickets to the Sydney show, hotel booked, beer money set aside, no wife or kids, can't wait
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:16 am
Yeah but means going from room to room after each band, can you imagine 500 to 1000 people trying to get to each room, crazy

"""""""""""""""""Yeah but means going from room to room after each band, can you imagine 500 to 1000 people trying to get to each room, crazy"""""""""""""""

Typical Karen fan complaining...

In every scenario, there are those who complain... your type will always see the negative side, dig for the issue, and whine like a bitch...

"They gave me a Free shirt with my ticket, but it's Black... I hate Black shirts" and on and on they go. :roll:

Meanwhile, if you read the lineup, of the 8 bands, 4 are doing their first ever shows in Australia...

These type of events, bringing bands to Foreign countries is a HUGE task... go support it!

------------------------
Glam Fest Australia
·
⚡️ 𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗠 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 ⚡️
🕟 The moment we've all been waiting for..
🔥 Set to ignite the stages starting ✨𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞✨
Prepare for an unforgettable journey through the best of Hard Rock, Glam, Classic, and Melodic Rock..
🤘 𝗔 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦!
🇸🇪 𝗛.𝗘.𝗔.𝗧
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗧 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥
🇦🇺 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟
+ 𝙰𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚎 • 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜 • 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚗 • 𝙳𝚎𝚙𝚝. 𝙾𝚏 𝙶𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖 • 𝙳𝙹 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜 • 𝚁𝚊𝚐𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚕 • 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚐𝚞𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 • 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚜 • 𝚆𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 (local bill varies per city).
🌐 ALL TOUR INFO 👉 bit.ly/GlamFest24
🤘 2 STAGES = NO CLASHES
--------------------------------

$tEvil
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:55 am

"""""""""""""""""Yeah but means going from room to room after each band, can you imagine 500 to 1000 people trying to get to each room, crazy"""""""""""""""

In every scenario, there are those who complain... your type will always see the negative side, dig for the issue, and whine like a bitch...

"They gave me a Free shirt with my ticket, but it's Black... I hate Black shirts" and on and on they go. :roll:

Meanwhile, if you read the lineup, of the 8 bands, 4 are doing their first ever shows in Australia...

These type of events, bringing bands to Foreign countries is a HUGE task... go support it!

------------------------
Glam Fest Australia
·
Prepare for an unforgettable journey through the best of Hard Rock, Glam, Classic, and Melodic Rock..
🇸🇪 𝗛.𝗘.𝗔.𝗧
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗧 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥
🇦🇺 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟
🤘 2 STAGES = NO CLASHES

$tEvil
Well just for your information Stevie, I am also legally blind which is also going to make it difficult to go back and forth especially if its dark and there are a lot of people trying to do the same, I know you love sucking Danny's dick but this will be a logistical nightmare but guess what I bought my ticket anyway to support the event and I will be there, I hope it goes off without a hitch I really do and if it does run smoothly I will eat my words
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

And Glamfest has fucked over Brisbane, cancelled with a week to go, glad I am going to Sydney show, if I hadn't moved I would have had tix for Brisbane, I know a lot of people who are so pissed off right now
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:11 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:55 am

------------------------
Glam Fest Australia
·
🇸🇪 𝗛.𝗘.𝗔.𝗧
🇺🇸 𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗧 𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗡𝗘𝗥
🇦🇺 𝗦𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟
🤘 2 STAGES = NO CLASHES

$tEvil
Well just for your information Stevie, I am also legally blind which is also going to make it difficult to go back and forth especially if its dark and there are a lot of people trying to do the same, I know you love sucking Danny's dick but this will be a logistical nightmare but guess what I bought my ticket anyway to support the event and I will be there, I hope it goes off without a hitch I really do and if it does run smoothly I will eat my words

My thoughts and opinions do not change... regardless of anyone's condition.... including yours, with respect.

Whether a concert, sporting event, Broadway play or other... the Promoter, nor the talent can make every accommodation to fit every single person's needs who attends.

You suggest it could be a logistical nightmare (for you), but the event is not just for you, regardless of your condition... there will be hundreds of others there as well.

I tried to help a blind guy a few months ago, and he yelled at me for me trying to do a good deed. Oh well... life is odd sometimes.

Hope you enjoy the event, and per your comments about Danny Bazzi... what I know of him, is nothing but good.

Danny is a good man, a great Father, a hard worker, and my friend.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:42 am And Glamfest has fucked over Brisbane, cancelled with a week to go, glad I am going to Sydney show, if I hadn't moved I would have had tix for Brisbane, I know a lot of people who are so pissed off right now

"""""""""""""""""Glamfest has fucked over Brisbane, cancelled with a week to go,"""""""""""""""""

Is that so...?

Or... sadly... my guess is there was a lackluster amount of ticket sales...

In the end... it's a very tricky balance... and this is why it's so hard to make these things work.

It takes a collaboration, the Promoter offering the gig, the bands agreeing to it, and ultimately, the fans have to buy the tickets.

Glamfest wasn't setting out to screw anyone over... in the end, it appears the fans have spoken, and Brisbane didn't want Glam-Fest. Their loss.

$tEvil