Paul Di’Anno Australian tour disaster “I’ll punch you in the face”

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Paul Di’Anno Australian tour disaster “I’ll punch you in the face”

Post by BernieTaupson »

Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Re: Paul Di’Anno Australian tour disaster “I’ll punch you in the face”

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

From the following night: https://youtu.be/shGuQ0ZJ9fw?t=2892

Just ridiculous that he even attempted this but I have zero sympathy for Di'anno. Apparently he did manage to raise the money for his surgery but couldn't be bothered with the physio/recovery, so he continued drinking and blew the cash.

40 years later, still dining out on his 15 minutes with Maiden. Pathetic.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 am

Isn't that what most of the sludge era bands are doing.?? He was the singer for 2 albums that are pretty much universally loved by metal fans.

Crazy that he has become one of the biggest shit shows in music.. I'd bet he could have made a pretty good living playing those 2 albums. Could have killed doing early slots at metal festivals.

If he had kept his shit together and his mouth shut, there probably would have been a guest appearance or 2 with maiden over the years.

Seems like one of those guys that thinks the world has conspired against him, nothing was ever his fault..... but having 2 legit metal albums could and should have given him a pretty nice career.
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

Probably speaks volumes that Maiden were willing to do multiple benefit shows for Clive Burr, but has done nothing for this sack of shit.

Yeah he was on two classic albums but he’s always been his own worst enemy and continues to be. No sympathy for him
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

daveg wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 am
Whatever Happened To… wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 am

Isn't that what most of the sludge era bands are doing.??
Yes, and?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I thought Steve Harris bailed him out for medical bills a few years ago?
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:22 am I thought Steve Harris bailed him out for medical bills a few years ago?
Why would he? DiAnno will get his medical from the NHS, being British and living in the UK.
There are no medical bills for him. If he is not living in the UK, all he has to do is fly there.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:28 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:22 am I thought Steve Harris bailed him out for medical bills a few years ago?
Why would he? DiAnno will get his medical from the NHS, being British and living in the UK.
There are no medical bills for him. If he is not living in the UK, all he has to do is fly there.
Massive NHS waiting lists, though. 3+ years in some cases. I was recently told it would be a year for just a consultation, surgery/procedure could be another two years after that. So for a lot of people paying to go private is the only option. NHS is completely fucked.

Harris did apparently (according to Maiden forum and Reddit fwiw) contribute to Di'Anno's medical bills fund but the fucker blew it all.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:48 am
Massive NHS waiting lists, though. 3+ years in some cases. I was recently told it would be a year for just a consultation, surgery/procedure could be another two years after that. So for a lot of people paying to go private is the only option. NHS is completely fucked.

Harris did apparently (according to Maiden forum and Reddit fwiw) contribute to Di'Anno's medical bills fund but the fucker blew it all.
Waiting lists where I live as well, but is does depend on the urgency. I had to wait 4 months on my abdominal hernia surgery, but my dad got diagnosed with bowel cancer and went under the knife within two weeks.
I do know that in the UK there is private health care as well, but the NHS will not let you die if you have something urgent. I have no clue what DiAnno s issue is except that it's to do with his legs.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Australia and Thailand get all the big names.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

These venues have to be no-cover local pubs, right?

So like it’s any night of the week… you’re sipping a couple pints with your work mates… and Paul Di’Anno happens to be the happy hour band?

This can’t possibly be a ticketed event.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Did any part of you consider googling before sticking your foot in your mouth?

https://www.loudersound.com/news/iron-m ... es-to-live
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Spongie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:25 pm These venues have to be no-cover local pubs, right?

So like it’s any night of the week… you’re sipping a couple pints with your work mates… and Paul Di’Anno happens to be the happy hour band?

This can’t possibly be a ticketed event.
$65 AUD
$150 VIP
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

daveg wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:24 am If he had kept his shit together and his mouth shut, there probably would have been a guest appearance or 2 with maiden over the years.

Seems like one of those guys that thinks the world has conspired against him, nothing was ever his fault..... but having 2 legit metal albums could and should have given him a pretty nice career.
He *has* a pretty nice career considering his talent and peak success. An average singer who co-wrote what, 3 songs on 2 albums, and Iron Maiden weren't even arena headliners when he was kicked out.
He still has more of a career than Charlie Dominici (RIP now but in the years before that), Al Atkins or even Tony Martin. And it's this kind of metal singers Paul can be compared with.
Not Dickinson, Halford, Ozzy or Dio who were there for their band's peak and then came back for reunions after more (Ozzy, Dio) or less successful solo ventures.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 pm Australia and Thailand get all the big names.
Exactly. Di'Anno never comes round here....
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

This guy should def be in the 2024 death pool.

I've never seen anything like this, it's literally like he's singing from a hospital bed. I'm expecting nurses with catheters to appear at any moment

It would be extremely weird and not fun to be in this band.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:18 pm
eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 pm Australia and Thailand get all the big names.
Exactly. Di'Anno never comes round here....
I saw him in Hermosa Beach in like 2010. And he did bitch about shit between songs then too! Not at the crowd and the soundman, but about LA "Wankers" in Beverly Hills, shit like that!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

We get Slaughter, Tyketto, Jetboy and a few others next month too
jens

Post by jens »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:13 pm He still has more of a career than Charlie Dominici (RIP now but in the years before that), Al Atkins or even Tony Martin. And it's this kind of metal singers Paul can be compared with.
Are you an idiot, or just pretending to be one because it's fun? Or do you think Geoff Tate hasn't had a successful career because he didn't rival Freddie Mercury?

The first two Maiden records are a LOT more important/well known than the shit those other dudes you mention sang on. Al fuckin Atkins, get out of here.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

jens wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:57 am
Love_Industry wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:13 pm He still has more of a career than Charlie Dominici (RIP now but in the years before that), Al Atkins or even Tony Martin. And it's this kind of metal singers Paul can be compared with.
Are you an idiot, or just pretending to be one because it's fun? Or do you think Geoff Tate hasn't had a successful career because he didn't rival Freddie Mercury?

The first two Maiden records are a LOT more important/well known than the shit those other dudes you mention sang on. Al fuckin Atkins, get out of here.
Fail. Geoff Tate sang on all his band's classics. The other guys including Paul sang in bands that were huge with someone else fronting.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I literally couldn't watch more than about a minute or so of that.... I guess I have a high capacity for vicarious shame.
What a disaster of a man, and WHO would go see an overweight, sick man slumped in a wheelchair caterwauling old Maiden dudes? Are people really that deprived of other, better options? (and for $65 AUD?)

The moment when they lift his wheelchair and he's motioning is so morbidly funny ... and pathetic.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

I don’t think wheeling Phil Collins out to sing could be beat in the bad optics dept - but this wins.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I’m all for loving people trying but this is hard to watch 😝
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Demon Kogure
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Demon Kogure »

veritas wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 am ...slumped in a wheelchair...
This is the thing. Bigger names than Paul Di' Anno have gone out and performed from a seated position because of injury or whatever. But he's not just in a wheelchair, he's friggin' SLUMPED in it. Dude can't even sit up straight.

i disagree that he wasn't there for Iron Maiden's peak, though. He was for me
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

Paying to see Paul Di'Anno in concert isn't quite as sad as paying to see Pete Best or Rod Evans play live, but it's close.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Who has time to stand around waiting for the roadies to carry his fat ass over to punch them in the face?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Surely a GoFundMe or a benefit concert or something would be more humane? This is terrible.
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

We need a South Park episode based on this!

Something like this:

The gang goes to the show, Kenny says something innocent but gets completely misunderstood. Di'Anno blows a fuse and security wheels him over so he can punch him in the face. When he gets there Stan pulls out a feather and starts tickling him. This disables him completely and he is defenseless. They wheel him outside, jump on top of him, and start riding around skateboard style until Kenny falls off and dies.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:40 am
We get Slaughter, Tyketto, Jetboy and a few others next month too
Don’t forget WWE Elimination Chamber with possible Rock appearance too.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

“One punter got told to call a cab or he was going home in an ambulance." :lol: Quality. When is he touring europe?